[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bayonetta on Super Smash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10
So /v/, what is you opinion about Bayonetta on Super Smash Bros? Good idea, stupid idea, has this re-amped your excitement for the game in any way? Pic "somewhat" related.

>The announcement video for anyone that missed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Tv3w1V5_Mg
>>
Didn't want her
Didn't expect her
Her moveset looks fucking amazing, her stage looks amazing, I'm very happy with Sakurai's choice and I can't wait til Feb to play her

Also that picture is silly, Bayonetta is easily the most feminist thing in video games. Just prudes brainwashed into being afraid that their peepee getting hard means they're somehow oppressing half the population.
>>
>Gross
Fucking seriously?
>>
File: cSx9M9L.jpg (262 KB, 1110x1848) Image search: [Google]
cSx9M9L.jpg
262 KB, 1110x1848
>>
Out of all the characters, I did not expect this to be the one picked.
Mostly mad about it because we only got one character from the voting.
>>
>>320413103
Bayonetta does not have a skirt nor jiggling boobs. I think they are just using their "Sexism in vidya" textbook
>>
>>320413489

It's normal that a sexist who never gets out of his basement does not se the problem with this.
>>
>>320413610
Two, Cloud was the other.

Well maybe not Cloud specfically, but someone from FF and they went with Cloud because hes as closest to the FF Posterboy as there is.
>>
>>320413676
What problem?
>>
>>320413676
with what? getting cooties?
>>
Jesse is a fucking faggot on Twitter. Followed him because he said he'd be posting new comics even though he ended his webcomic series but got treated to him crying about Bayo being gross despite never fucking playing the games.
>>
>She's gross

What the fuck
>>
File: 1449668155172.jpg (83 KB, 433x429) Image search: [Google]
1449668155172.jpg
83 KB, 433x429
>character is not popular
>it's sexist
>character win a popularity contest
>become a feminist icon
>>
>Bayonetta

Why is it I can shutdown stages, music and items I don't want but there's no way to get rid of characters I don't want if they're already included in the game?

Why the double-standard? The worst part is you're all so asstistic that you never even comprehended this issue.
>>
>>320413547

>Gamie...
>Gamie.
>G-A-M-I-E
>Gay-me.
>Gay-meme.
>>
>>320414275
It's shorthand for
>MY NO-NOS ARE GETTING TINGLY I'M SORRY MOTHER IT'S NOT MY FAULT PLEASE DON'T PUT ME IN THE NAUGHTY HOLE AGAIN HUUUUUUU HUUUUUU
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
If you tell a fat person that they are gross

They will swarm you with cis scum complaints

But it's okay to tell a woman that being proud of her sexuality isn't

Keep in mind, they will allow fatasses to be naked in Public being proud of her body

But not a normal skinny woman like Bayonetta
>>
File: mat20151210.png (85 KB, 938x335) Image search: [Google]
mat20151210.png
85 KB, 938x335
>>
>>320413103
I think it's a good idea but it wouldn't have been my first choice.

I don't even see what's supposed to be "sexual" about her.
I've played both bayonetta 1 & 2 and not once have I consciously thought about anything erotic while playing.

Maybe I'm just asexual in terms of virtual women.
>>
>>320413547
What point are you even trying to get across here? This image is all over the place. If the idea is to portray these people as crazy then including actual research on objectification undermines your point.
>>
It's funny because Bayonetta was designed by a woman.
>>
>>320414862
There is that one move where she sits down and spreads eagle while loudly proclaiming "CLIMAX!"
>>
>>320414889
It the contradiction.

On one hand, she praises Anita for her work and labels Bayonetta as sexist.

On the hand, they claim she is a feminist icon, who was hated by evil goobergaters and mysoggykneers.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 427x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 427x375
I voted for Rayman im a little bummed he's not in but Bayonetta got me fucking hype im gonna try my fucking best to master her combos i dont see how people can get salty when its this stylish beast.
>>
>>320415309
Do rational SJWs exist at all?
>>
>>320414493
>I'm going to whine on social media and image boards every time something makes me feel uncomfortable or offends me
I know you're shitposting but this still pisses me off. If only I could complain on twitter until these crybabies were removed from life, just like how they get their problematic video games censored or butchered in localizations.
>>
File: 2443436-big-boss-salute.jpg (167 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2443436-big-boss-salute.jpg
167 KB, 960x544
>>320415497
My nigga.

We'll get Rayman in the next Smash, Anon.
>>
>>320415309
But she never said she agreed with Anita, she just said she liked the video. It seems pretty clear that they disagree on this particular issue.
>>
File: 1441140503265.jpg (68 KB, 313x334) Image search: [Google]
1441140503265.jpg
68 KB, 313x334
>>320413103
What the fuck is wrong with these people?

What a bucnh of attention whores.
>>
salty smash fans are real bro
>>
>>320414639
>Not a normal..

She's not normal. There's nothing normal about her.
>>
File: Swiggity Swooty.jpg (46 KB, 598x212) Image search: [Google]
Swiggity Swooty.jpg
46 KB, 598x212
Bayonetta was very obviously designed to be a sexual character, that's just a fact. Whether or not you find her sexy is up to your own preferences, so there's no point in debating that.

The reason I think Bayonetta makes the overt sexuality work is because it fits with the character of a witch fighting against Heaven. Coming from the source material of Christian churches versus Pagans, Wiccans, whatever, where practitioners of the latter were ridiculed by those of the former for being more open with their bodies, general nudity, shit like that.

I don't remember what lore there is in Bayonetta that may tie in with that same mindset, that the witches were more "free" sexually and the opposing forces said "that's icky, stop that," but it at least makes sense from a design perspective.

Whether the lore fits or not, design certainly fits with that mindset. The angels are fucking nuts looking, sure, but they still have masks and look at least somewhat prim and proper, trying to look as beautiful, without being sexual, as possible. Bayonetta, a strong opponent of the angels, would certainly do what she can to be everything they're not - shedding all her clothes and basking in her sexuality and nudity while the angels are all wrapped up in marble and masks.

You can argue that some female designs are overly sexy, and some are because they don't fit with the character - they don't make sense in the context of the game's world. With Bayonetta it makes sense. It fits and she fits.

The feminists complaining about her looks are probably only familiar with the character as a design, nothing more. No personality, no backstory, nada. They see a woman dancing like a stripper and shedding her skintight suit to summon demons and they transcribe that to how it would look in the real world and just respond negatively to that.

Also they're mad jelly.
>>
>>320413489
Being sexy is bad!!
>>
>>320414862
The only time I got a chub in either of those games was when she was punishing angels that were attacking Cereza for the first time in I think chapter 5. The sexy talk got to me there. Its not hard to keep yourself composed when playing her games.
>>
>>320415546
Yes, and they could very well be the majority, but, as with any group, only the loudest and most belligerent get noticed. Certainly on /v/ at least.
>>
>file deleted
Holy shit mods really are essjaydubyas.
>>
>>320416582
Stitched-together cherrypicked twitter screencaps are not videogames and anyone who makes them is trying to manipulate you. They should be banned by a global rule.
>>
>>320416582
WE ARE BEING CENSORED
>>
>>320416148
I ain't reading any of that shit but you should post more bayobutt
>>
>>320416148
That's all well and good, but the lead designer has expressed her philosophies for Bayonetta quite frequently in statements, interviews, promotional work, and the art book. Her being a witch was part of her dancing and being nude during her most powerful "spells" you could say. However, she felt it important that Bayonetta be a "cool woman" so she was based largely on the idea of being a fashion model. That is cited as to why she is so tall, thin, and leggy. Her sexuality, that she was very much in control of, was part of the designer's goal of making her a "strong, confident woman." Look it up some. You aren't totally off.

Also, the church frequently used sexual imagery as part of an old superstition that demons were scared of it. There's churches depicting woman flashing the ol' clam at demons in their architecture. So that's way off.
>>
File: bayobooty.jpg (99 KB, 850x1208) Image search: [Google]
bayobooty.jpg
99 KB, 850x1208
>>320417010
Design philosophy sounds about right. Wasn't aware of the fashion model angle, but it definitely fits. Wiccan and Pagan culture deals with dancing naked in nature for spells or whatever, so that fits too (but don't get me for misusing Wiccan and Pagan; just saying 'witches' feels dumb, to me).

I don't doubt the old church celebrated some nudity in art. That's certainly evident if you ever go into a museum. I guess my stance of Bayonetta using sexuality against the angels as a metaphor for sexuality versus Church principles is more relevant when considering the modern-day church, specifically Protestant and Baptist. I was thinking more like Puritans rather than Catholics.

>>320416945
I hear ya
>>
>>320417010
>There's churches depicting woman flashing the ol' clam at demons in their architecture. So that's way off.
That is not how Christianity is seen by the wider world where it was not the predominant religion, anon. Especially in the East, where it never really took root, it's poorly understood at best.
>>
>>320419393
Yeah, I guess you're right.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.