[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The lack of inklings in Sm4sh DLC pretty much confirms we are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: smash-inkling-boy.jpg (116 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
smash-inkling-boy.jpg
116 KB, 660x371
The lack of inklings in Sm4sh DLC pretty much confirms we are getting a Smash 5 game.

Wich of the newcomers from Sm4sh are going to stay, and wich will be removed?

Do you think we will see Bayo or Cloud again? Discuss.
>>
>>320394902
>not realizing that were getting sm4shNX version with a few updates
>>
Before Corrin's reveal, I would've said Lucina would stay. Now I'm not so sure.

As far as third parties, I don't see Capcom, SEGA, or Namco reps getting the boot yet. Cloud could very well be a one-time-only deal though, what with how schizophrenic Square-Enix sometimes acts.

If Smash 4 is used as a base for the next game in the series it's unlikely anyone major would get cut. Why throw out the models when they look perfectly fine, after all.
>>
>>320395050
>Few updates

Like what? thats pretty much every smash bro.
>>
>>320394902
Will these character begging threads ever go away?
>>
>>320395050
>something a retard says
we are not getting an NX version I do not know how this fucking meme started.

>>320394902
of course you really thought nintendo would not use their biggest new ip this gen as the big new comer for smash 5? If we got inkling as dlc who would they have for smash 5
>>
Literally none of the DLC characters will make it to Smash 5.
>>
>>320394902
Lucina, Dark Pit, and Doc will be removed or turned into an outfit. There's no reason to cut anyone else. If any third parties get cut then it'll be Ryu or Cloud, or both, but Mega Man, Pac Man, and Bayo are here to stay.
>>
I hope we get a cool reveal video that reveals like five newcomers like what we got with Brawl.

Brawl's announcement video revealed Zero Suit, Meta Knight, Pit, Wario, and Snake. Would be quite a massive announcement in this age. We barely get one character announcement a month.

Imagine in 2020 when Smash 5 is announced, and the reveal trailer has Inkling, Wonder Red, Ridley, King K. Rool, Chibi-Robo, and Leon Kennedy.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 296x303) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 296x303
>the way they really focused on the inkling Miis during that QR code section

I'll admit that made me just a bit salty. Just a bit tho.
>>
I do not have the wii u version can someone tell me if the trailers are added to the game for the dlc characters? or will I have to go on youtube to see them
>>
I'm on the fence that believes that ALL characters will return thanks to Amiibo.
>>
>>320397431
he pretty much said with that "hey inklings can't work in smash but I know you want them wait till smash 5"
>>
>>320395504

Oh i didnt thought about Lucina.

I guess she is likely out now that you mention. Not only for Corrin but for being a clone too.
>>
>>320397431
Now way can they do turf war on 3DS.
It would probably shit itself.

For the best they leave it for the next Smash which will hopefully have good enough handheld hardware to do that.
>>
File: notfair.png (22 KB, 817x833) Image search: [Google]
notfair.png
22 KB, 817x833
>>320394902
ITS NOT FAIR
>>
>>320394902
From Sakurai's interview, Takamaru is likely to be one of the retro newcomers for Smash 5. Inklings are a given too.

Others newcomers would be literally whos of games being released in the next months after Smash 5 (Link companion in Zelda U, other oc donnut steel from NX mainline Mario game, Fire Emblem protag faggotry for the seventh time, etc.)
>>
File: 1448767930262.jpg (99 KB, 600x560) Image search: [Google]
1448767930262.jpg
99 KB, 600x560
>YFW "5mash" is just an enhanced version of Sm4sh WiiU with all of the DLC, 3DS content, a bunch of new modes, stages and characters, "remastered" graphics and revamped gameplay.

This way, its less work for the developers who can then put more time into content and refined gameplay and ensuring no cut characters rather than starting completely from scratch.
>>
>>320399042
>revamped gameplay
you wish
>>
File: 1439240535163.jpg (178 KB, 491x713) Image search: [Google]
1439240535163.jpg
178 KB, 491x713
>mfw I saw the geno Mii costume

I don't know if Nintendo has ever btfo fanboys that badly before.
>>
>>320399561
It's up there with a lot of the Assist Trophy pic of the days
>>
>>320399042
You know...I wouldn't mind that actually.

Add some extra modes, all the DLC and all the 3DS stages and I'd be down for that! There's a lot of cool 3DS stages that would be much MUCH better in HD.
>>
>>320399561
I think the K Rool reveal was a much bigger shitstorm, especially with the shit eating grin the Mii wearing it had
>>
>>320399251
The only real big changes I'd make would be to how defensive options work and adding an option to turn off certain stage hazards:
>Characters now have a "stamina bar" located under their percent meter. This bar also represents how much health your shield has. If you don't perfect shield a hit that would reduce your stamina to zero, your shield breaks.
>Rolling, air dodging and spot dodging also drain stamina and the less you have the less effective your dodges are in terms of intangibility frames and distance traveled.
>Directional Air Dodging returns and with it Wave Dashing but is balanced around the fact their distance/speed gets lowered the less stamina you have and air dodges drain it the most out of any option. Directional Air Dodges also consume a mid air jump but don't put you into special fall like in Melee, if you have no mid air jumps you do a normal air dodge.
>The more you wave dash or roll, the less you'll get out of it.
>Shield/stamina regenerates at the same pace it already does, all characters have the same amount and breaking Jiggly's shield no longer KO's her.

There, now the issue you campy defensive play has been fixed in a way where players are forced to choose between defense or extra mobility and overly defensive play and the For Glory Special (X number of rolls into a dash attack) are things of the past and Melee fans now can stop bitching about "muh wave dash"

>>320401080
It would also mean we'd get Smash 5 way earlier than we would if it were made from scratch. They could make a "Smash Bros for NX" and put it out within the launch window if they really wanted.
>>
>>320401320
And it'd satisfy the ich for a while as they work on the full successor.
>>
>>320401419
All you'd really need to do is brush up on the visuals, make some gameplay tweaks and add more shit.

Call of Duty has been running on a modified Quake 3 engine since the series began, they just kept tweaking it and changing the visuals.

If Nintendo really wanted, they could churn out a new Smash game ever 3 years or so using the previous game as a base and just adding/refining to it without the need to drop any characters.
>>
>>320394902
I really want Shulk and Mega Man to stay, also Cloud considering how much effort went into his moves, Bayonetta while cool and obviously had a lot of effort is a waste of a third party slot.
>>
>>320401690
>Remove the shitty Wii U mode
>Improve everyone's model
>Add an impressive Adventure or Subspace emissary mode
>Newcomers
>Characters like Dr Mario,Sheik maybe Dark Pit and even Toon Link becoming alts despite different movesets.
That's all I want for the next Smash
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.