[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled and people have actually played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 25
File: j4iigej3.jpg (374 KB, 583x1809) Image search: [Google]
j4iigej3.jpg
374 KB, 583x1809
Now that the dust has settled and people have actually played through it, what's the verdict on Fallout 4?
>>
>>320390176
I enjoyed it. Played it for almost exactly 100 hours, and the last thing I did in the game was to finish off the Brotherhood side ending. Haven't touched the game since.
I spent the first 15-20 hours toying with builds and mechanics and restarting before I settled for a playstyle.
>>
>>320390176
>ok gunplay
>(mostly) no rpg elements
>poor story
>bugs and glitches
>bad open world
>good base building
that's pretty much it
>>
>>320390176
I got bored of the game within the hour. It felt too much like Skyrim in a different setting.
>>
>>320390176
How can you get that aradesh dialogue in fallout 1? i can't recall it happening to me.
>>
File: fallout.jpg (14 KB, 256x128) Image search: [Google]
fallout.jpg
14 KB, 256x128
>>320390176
Really enjoyed it (and still enjoying it)

I've said to a few people that I really like the world and a lot of the characters in it, but the way you can interact with it is a little too restrictive. Despite having 4 paths to pick from really the whole thing feels quite linear in terms of storytelling. Although with that in mind I did quite like the story and the directions it took, even if the ending wasn't particularly satisfying.

Stripped down RPG mechanics are ach but the combat's a lot better

overall 7/10
>>
It's boring and repetitive. 95% of the quests are go to X and kill everything there. X being an interior location that uses the exact same assets as the last 50 places you've been to.
>>
File: 1449467346977.gif (2 MB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1449467346977.gif
2 MB, 256x256
>>320390176
Just finished the last ending today. Gunplay was good, but the story and game as a whole are very mediocre. I quickly realized exploring was pointless except as a way to look for legendary enemies, as dungeon loot was inevitably shit.

Perks based leveling system is also
retarded, especially due to the fact that we have 5 different x% damage increase perks. Not to mention the fact that we have to start with a base 1 in every SPECIAL now. Having skills and build were great in the previous games, even three, but now there really isn't a point. As long as you grab gun nut, armorer, high tech and one weapon type perk you are all set.

Settlements are adv interesting but ultimately useless step. After I realised they were only good for setting up storage and trading emporiums I stopped making them. I just fortified sanctuary, the castle and that was it. There needs to be more benefit to utilizing this system.

The story is bland, with uninteresting factions that I literally don't care about. Not to mention the fact that your actions don't have any real impact on the game. Plus quests as a whole were very boring I found. The only ones I really enjoyed were the silver shroud, finding virgil and taking on the brotherhood with the institute. The godawful dialogue doesn't help this game either.

I give it a 6/10. I put 90 hours into it, best every non radiant quest and didn't enjoy anywhere near as much as the other fallouts. It was a snoozefest from beginning to end
>>
>>320390176
6/10 would wait for DLC
>>
File: 1377383629931.jpg (52 KB, 455x456) Image search: [Google]
1377383629931.jpg
52 KB, 455x456
It's ok.
Power levels
NV>2>4>3>1>>>>>>everything else
>>
>>320393061
>1 worse than 4 with 2 so far up
How come? Just curious.
>>
>>320390176
boring shitfest as the whole series (played them all)
fallout new vegas was cash tho but cant see it anymore so
DEAD SERIES
>>
>>320390176
It's shit, and Bethesda sucks ass
>>
>>320391927
what the fuck is that thing?
>>
>>320394002
a virus getting transpored by your own system so that it can fuck you in the ass
>>
>>320390176

another gamebryo bethesda game

if you've played one of them you've already played all of them
>>
>>320393624
Probably play a charisma build in all games.
>>
>>320394149
It's actually a protein being carried by some shit
>>
>>320393624
Didn't like the timer on 1 and it felt a lot more unfair and unforgiving. World wasn't very varied and the characters (aside from a choice few) felt lackluster. Now don't get me wrong, Fo1is definitely 1st in atmosphere, but to me that is the only thing Fo2 and the rest did not improve upon.
>>
>>320390176
Best game in the franchise so far. Brilliant to turn every encounter into a charisma check.
>>
>>320393890
Subtle, Anon
>>
>>320393890
>thinking anyone browsing 4chan today gives a shit about Star Wars spoilers
>>
>>320395048
really I thought that the moving feet is the protein, the so called motorprotein.

what kind of protein is that?
it looks like a virus
but yeah these small "hairs" that stick out could be proteins
>>
>>320395904
It's probably a vesicle getting dragged around, since membranes are pretty fluid, just like the membrane of the sphere in the gif.
>>
>>320390176
How's the mod community for it? After FO3 I learned to wait for the mods to pick up before buying anything Bethesda.
>>
>>320396462
no geck yet but lot of mods are out already, some of them that fixes issues
>>
File: 1449966711149.jpg (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449966711149.jpg
3 MB, 1920x1080
Like F03 and Skyrim, the base game is meh but it seems like a good platform for modding. I'm still playing it after a month even though there's not a lot of quests compared to NV. Though that's mostly dicking around with settlements and mechanics

GECK WHEN
>>
2>1>NV>4>3
>>
File: HELPME.png (40 KB, 255x112) Image search: [Google]
HELPME.png
40 KB, 255x112
>>320390176
It's pretty sad in a lot of respects. I have a very vivid imagination and can easily make the best out of a bad situation in terms of immersion when it comes to RPGs, but Fallout 4 isn't an RPG. Playing through the game with 10 INT and being treated like a dullard by the Institute despite being from a more advanced time than the vast majority of the people alive belied just how fucking shallow this game is.

That being said, besides the main quest gameplay is improved (if you liked New Vegas and 3, you'll like it) slightly and the actual design of Boston is pretty neat, if suffering from the Skyrim dungeon layout (convenient exits at the end of every building crawl).

Companions are pretty decently done, although I missed the wheel menu from New Vegas (I didn't miss that they could carry you through the game, despite 4's companions being backpacks that fold to dogs and low level trash)

Overall, if you're great at making your own fun in a shallow sandbox the game is worth playing. It's still disappointing in most respects though.
>>
Finished it once, put around 60 hours into it, started a new game and lost all ambition to play it

It's like a dumbed down casual version of fallout 3 without the nice atmosphere and cool places to explore
>>
>>320396775
this
cant wait for geck to come out so I can solve missions by offering ass and pacify enemies by sucking cocks
>>
the crafting system should explain what gives you more vats shots

its short barrel, short stock, and reflex scope btw

I can't find any real advantage to using longer weapons unless you really never use vats at all
>>
File: fsd.png (118 KB, 304x400) Image search: [Google]
fsd.png
118 KB, 304x400
>>
>gunplay
Not too bad. Melee weapons are like Skyrim (down to using some of the same animations) for better or worse, and don't have a lot of perks that make them more useful. Still, having a window to block rather than being able to hold it indefinitely improved the system immensely. Unarmed falls into this description too, being indistinguishable from melee. Explosives are only particularly useful when you have a lot of carrying capacity because you'll need a fuckton of them, and you'll only need one perk to use them effectively. Guns are pretty great, but sometimes they're too accurate for their own good. Enemies, likewise, have either great AI or dogshit pathfinding because they're spastic little fucks who'll dodge damn near any hit if you're a mile away or a foot. Because of this, VATS is even more of a crutch, and real-time gunplay is only for when you have a behemoth who can be hit easily (but restricts you to using massive damage weapons) or when you're out of AP.
>crafting
Pretty great. I wish there was a non-console option to turn off collision when you're building settlements, and I wish there was better snapping, but settlement building is fun. Weapon modding is more flash than anything else. Between the fact that automatic weapons are useless due to negligible damage and the rarity of ammo, and how there's always a 'best' option for most mod slots, it's very rare that you'll actually end up making a bunch of different variants, rather than just one that does the best damage per shot. They could also give you a bit more info on what the mods do, rather than just the basic stat increases/decreases and a vague description of the effect.
>story
It's pretty bland in my opinion, and it's got a few details they simply don't address, but I'd say that - on the whole - it's better than 3.
>>
>>320390176
Dialogue sucks, combat good, melee and unarmed suck, roleplaying is gone, perks suck, can't make my companions use a better version of their default weapons sucks, exploring is alright, every quest being a variation of go here and kill thong sucks, overall it's not completely awful, just awful. Literally Skyrim with guns now
>>
>>320390176
Amazing game, garbage Fallout, easily GOTY 2015.
Gonna be even better with mods and DLC.

But it shouldn't have been called Fallout.
>>
It was fun to explore and do all the little sidequests but the main storyline, just like Fallout 3 and Skyrim, was absolute shit from Todd Howards gaping fucking asshole.
>>
>>320398192

>has played New Vegas for more than a 1000 hours
>hates exactly the same game just because other /v/ fags say they hate it

AUTISM
>>
>>320398789
Saying New Vegas and Fallout 4 are the same is like saying Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights are the same.
>>
>>320398789
>New Vegas
>Fallout 4
>"exactly the same game"

Explain yourself right now
>>
>>320398236
>quests
Most of them aren't anything special, and radiant quests - just like Skyrim - are boring and shitty. Especially the minutemen ones, which are fucked up if you have any trade routes, and there is no way not to accept. At least, unlike Skyrim, the actual quests have been differentiated, and they don't all boil down to 'find this bandit/draugr dungeon and kill someone/find this item in the boss chest'.
>companions
One of my biggest complaints. On one hand, yes, there's 10/10 waifu material. On the other hand, their like/dislike system is abhorrent. This is a role-playing game, and while I get that Bethesda forgot about that, a role-playing game should allow you to role-play as you see fit. Play how you want to play. Companions should support this, or otherwise, shouldn't conflict with this. Instead, companions in Fallout 4 force you to role-play around them. In order to get them to like you, you have to do right by them. And they're fickle cunts too. Do you want to be a smooth talker who's shit in combat, and needs someone to keep him healed and give him cover? Well, you can't take Curie - she'll get her synthetic panties in a twist when you ask for more than 50 caps after clearing out a camp full of legendary bandits. Do you want to be a sneaky thief who needs a companion to keep melee enemies busy while you pick the others off from afar or just fucking loot the place? Well, forget about Strong. He'll get pissed when you fucking pick a lock.
Ultimately, it's a decent game, and a pretty bad Fallout game. Mods will do some pretty nice shit, but the problem with the game is at the core - and mods can't fix that.
>>
File: 1449529159098.jpg (33 KB, 460x650) Image search: [Google]
1449529159098.jpg
33 KB, 460x650
>>320390176
Gunplay is vastly improved over any other (3-d) fallout title, the base building was a neat idea pulled off in tge typical bathesda style (half arsed and poorly implimented), I guess weapon crafting was good, everything else is worse (than new Vegas). Story, dialogue, choices, the wasteland, factions, companions (bar nick), side quests. All worse. By a pretty significant margin.
>>
>>320399206
don't bother, he doesn't know what a "Baldur's Gate" is.
>>
>>320399407

Wouldn't have minded the settlement shit if it wasnt forced down my throat. It was awful, theres already a game for that shit that some of you guys might have heard of. Its called The Sims
>>
>>320390176
I think it's something like this:

Mechanics: Fallout 4 have the best combat mechanics by far. It's the best shooter of the games and some other inovations were good, like modding weapons and armor, not needing to open containers to see what is inside, the melee system and the power armor (it really feels like a tank). I just have to point out two things: first, perks are unbalanced and need some work. Second, they should have made something similar to NV for the usage of the s.p.e.c.i.a.l in game, like tests involving perception, strength, intelligence.. those are very rare in fallout 4. But i think that's minor, or secondary considering how good the combat system feels in fallout 4.

Graphics: fallout 4.

Story: none of the games had a good main plot, but we have to point out fallout 4 ending is just bad so he probably loses here to NV.

Map: Fallout 4 is slightly smaller, but there is much more happening. Settlements were a nice addition. Everything feels more alive, with a purpose, like it was all made following the same logic. The same way you create settlements, you can find constructions in the game done using the same system sometimes. It's cool when all villages/cities and even some raider bases needs to have water, energy, food, vendors, defenses, etc. I can say at the very least that it's much better than NV and 3.

Factions: NV had the best factions, i believe.

Roleplay: it fails, but inovates with the voiced protagonist. Silver shroud questline is 10/10. Roleplay + voiced protag can work. It just didn't in this game because they made so few options.

(continue)
>>
>>320390176

hate newspapers

>:(
>>
Does anybody have the expanded dialogue mod screenshot where all the options are the same?
>>
>>320399206
Are you saying NWN is shit?
You take that back
>>
>>320400059
Compared to 2 it is
>>
>>320399792
>wasnt forced down my throat.
But it's entirely optionnal anon...
>>
>>320390176
Played it for maybe 15 hours, got bored, dropped it, haven't fired it up for 3 weeks and I don't give a shit about this fucking turd anymore.
>>
>>320390176

fun game, but shallow. environments were fun to explore and i appreciated how 'dense' the world was. enemies got repetitive. FPS mechanics felt way better than FO3 and VATS felt very 'natural' working with the 'regular' shooter elements. difficult settings are garbage but that's to be expected with bethesda

honestly all the FO games are pretty shallow though. people who unironically believe bethesda titles ever had good RPG mechanics are manchildren.

not sure i wouldve enjoyed it as much if i wasnt from boston though, part of the appeal was seeing how they implemented my home city in the game
>>
>>320398192
Cthulhu Saves the world is only like $1. Is it really that bad?
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-12-15 11-51-02-46.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-12-15 11-51-02-46.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>320400332
jesus how do you make people raid your houses in the sims?
>>
>>320399882
Followers: That's more subjective, but it seems that fallour 4 has the best companions. It's not a perfect system, you can abuse picking locks to make them like you and this kind of stuff, but at least the system is there while it was almost unexistent in other games. Making them immortal was a nice change. It looks overpowered at the beginning when they can just tank everything for you, but they get really balanced mid-late game, perhaps even weak if you do not equip themwe just reload in other games anyway when the companion dies.

Replay: There are some different builds to try, but not many different approaches because of the lack of roleplay. It's still fun to start a new game, but there is some sense of... loss when you have to rebuild your settlements all over again and go through annoying quests again. It's much better to just mod the hell out of the game and make it more challenging and different to keep playing. We can always wait for expansions as well. Anyway, still on this topic, we need to compare with NV/3. The game feels more open on those. It's like the game in fallout 4 only starts when you get to diamond city while in NV/3 you are free to go anywhere from the beginning. You can go any way you want and you will find a good quest in NV/3 while in fallout 4 you will just find some places to kill monsters. Also, I just feel a lack of major cities with good quests in fallout 4, perhaps as a price for the benefit of creating your own cities.
>>
I stopped playing when I made a second character, found Nick early (mostly by accident), and without knowing anything about him being a detective, could only talk about finding my god damn son. Bethesda cannot into roleplaying.
>>
File: ching_chong_u_make_me_raff.jpg (26 KB, 422x640) Image search: [Google]
ching_chong_u_make_me_raff.jpg
26 KB, 422x640
Post yfw
>you didn't buy fallout 4
>>
>>320400498
did you at least get to diamond city?
>>
File: goodwp.com_16461.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
goodwp.com_16461.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1600
>>320401353
post yfw you don't buy games
>>
>>320401367
No.
>>
>>320401521
the game only starts there. Try it again, get some interesting mods, put on survival and play it again until you get to diamond city.
>>
File: 99yu.gif (2 MB, 369x345) Image search: [Google]
99yu.gif
2 MB, 369x345
>>320401353
>>
gameplay improvements are very overstated

FO4 tries hard to be Borderlands and completely fails

as if enemies weren't bulletsponge-y enough they added Legendary enemies that seem to have 3 times as much HP as normal ones and you have to kill them twice for some reason just to get some shitty weapon that you could've easily made yourself

but its not like they're much harder to kill anyway because VATS is still just as much of an easy mode as in FO3 but now they even added in an I win button in the form of that free guaranteed VATS crit which for the life of me I still can't figure out why thats in the game except just to make it much easier

speaking of easier a lot of the perks provide you with huge benefits that really make the game a cakewalk if it wasn't already

all in all FO4 is really just a mediocre modern day FPS complete with the weak plastic feeling guns
>>
>>320398135
>using vats ever

lol scrub
>>
Literally, LITERALLY, Skyrim with guns.
>>
>>320402035
>as if enemies weren't bulletsponge-y enough
git gud. I'm playing with -35% damage done and taking 50% more than survival because i was 1-shotting everything except legendary.

>some shitty weapon that you could've easily made yourself
no, you can't. You get a better weapon from legendary. If you're trying to argue that it's not as good as it should have been, consider that it's better than having nothing at all. FO3/NV only have the same weapons over and over again.

>VATS is still just as much of an easy mode as in FO3
see >>320402567
>>
Enjoyed the gunplay alot and agree with most that the story is quite shitey.

But I'm really in for the mods. Give and take 3 more months and we may get some great quests created by users.

Maybe strangernpc will make a commonwealtg bounties i hope... im a huge fan of the nvbounties series...
>>
>>320393061

1 > NV > 2 >>>> 4 > 3

search your heart, you know it to be true
>>
>>320404220
I'm sorry... *someguy2000. Got confused with the modders here and there...
>>
>>320404220
>But I'm really in for the mods

It's the only reason to play Bethesda games

I'm still playing Skyrim today but I haven't touched any vanilla content in years, I just play quest and worldspace mods
>>
>VATS op

Fucking vats is as good as useless now... makes you deal less damage and cant hit for shit. Only good thing its at is locating enemies
>>
>>320404526
this, it's fucking ridiculous
>enemy in the bush
>lol 41%
>get out of vats and shoot them immediately with no chance of missing
>>
NV > 1 > 2 >>> 3 >>> 4
>>
File: Dat Ass.webm (714 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dat Ass.webm
714 KB, 1920x1080
I know its shit but i can't stop playing
>>
>>320404906
>that flat ass

trailers promised better
>>
>>320390176
I'll give it a 6/10, nice gunplay and it looks a bit better but if i only want those things i would play a shooter and nothing more, i didn't expected anything after all the people playing the review version, yet i was even more dissapointed, the dialogue it's worse than Fallout 3 and i thought the Fallout 3 dialogue was mostly shit with the exception of The Pitt, most of the locations i went in F4 weren't memorable at all, only the Glowing sea was amazing compared to the rest of the places, want to join the Brotherhood and The Minuteman? congrats now you are forced to repeat the same shit side quest over and over until they let you advance on the ranks, clean this place and make a settlement, clean this place and get the mcguffin technology for us, the main character dialogue it's far beyond retarded and he is obviously a shit voice actor because he has problem conveying emotions with his voice, the forced relationship with your wife and son is worse than F3 forced relationship with your father, because at least in F3 your relationship with your father evolves a bit during those years, even still it's bland as fuck, but here it's just "You must love your wife and son because that's what you have", the worst thing of this is that for some reason you care about them from time to time, not always, so sometimes you can fuck people but then everything is, EW I'M NOT GOING TO FUCK YOU BECAUSE MY WIFE IS DEAD AND SOMEONE KIDNAPPED MY CHILD, so it seems they can't even follow the train of their own story, the settlements are shit, good idea but overall the worst executed thing, pipe guns are garbage and are everywhere, even the best loots turn out to be shitty pipe weaponry with a few mods, the companions are brain dead retarded compared to NV companions that were killing machines with great accuracy.
>>
>>320405671
>he is obviously a shit voice actor because he has problem conveying emotions with his voice

i think that's mostly the directors and developers fault, need to have the least amount of emotion so they can reuse voice lips for different scenarios
>>
>>320405671
>want to join the Brotherhood and The Minuteman? congrats now you are forced to repeat the same shit side quest over and over until they let you advance on the ranks
that's just some side quests. You join the faction almost instantly and there are no ranks. The same can be said about fallout 3/NV, except that they have slightly better side quests on the faction. There is also a main faction questline in all games which i think it's okay in fallout 4.
>>
Modders need to add a radio station to where you can play your own music and get settlers to your base
>>
>>320406189
The problem not only with him but with the rest of the characters is that most of them have this hyperbole every now and then after talking neutral 1 second ago, which doesn't sound natural as a transition.

>>320406289
Minuteman doesn't let you keep doing their main quest, The Castle one unless you liberate and make some shitty settlements.
>>
>>320399324
Why would companions have no opinions? you are free to roleplay but you should expect consequences, one of them being the companions not liking you.
>>
File: apple.jpg (279 KB, 1312x830) Image search: [Google]
apple.jpg
279 KB, 1312x830
>>320390176
Started playing it yesterday.

I find it mostly disappointing in almost every way.
I guess once I'll have put some time into it it'll get more fun, like every Bethesda game, but I expect it will never really be satisfying.

Probably that's because I just finished The Witcher 3 and every game just feels like shit compared to it.
>>
>>320404260
Mostly but I would say 1, 2 and NV are pretty much equal for different reasons.
>>
>>320393890
but who shot first

that is more important
>>
I haven't played it, and probably never will. But this (HATE NEWSPAPERS) thing gets me every time.

It's just so ridiculous.
>>
>>320391927
is it just some sort of simplified artist conception or does this shit really move like that?
>>
>>320405671
>the main character dialogue it's far beyond retarded and he is obviously a shit voice actor because he has problem conveying emotions with his voice
someone did not play Silver shroud quest. Anyway, not conveying emotion is better for this kind of game. Voiced protagonist is better than no voice at all, anyway.

>"You must love your wife and son because that's what you have"
that's what you expect of a father. Think of fallout 3, but you play as your father. Do you need explanation to go after your son?

>pipe guns are garbage and are everywhere
that's not a problem at all. You expect all enemies to have rocket launchers? do you expect them to mass produce weapons?

>settlements are shit
you can just not use them if you don't like. It's just something more to do.

> the companions are brain dead retarded compared to NV
companion system was never good. Stop pretending it was. The only difference is that now you don't lose your companion for stupid shit.
>>
>>320406516
>Minuteman doesn't let you keep doing their main quest, The Castle one unless you liberate and make some shitty settlements.
you need to liberate 2 settlements and that's it. You don't even need to build on them.
>>
CONS
>butchered rpg elements
>junk gathering to build anything
>basically skyrim with nukes
>first companion, power armor and minigun within half an hour
PROS
>ballin power armor (and collecting)
>best gunplay yet
>base building
>lovely colors

Played for 40 hours but then it just got too boring.
>>
>>320393890
I'm pretty upset anon, I hope your life is filled with misfortune
>>
They focused too much on grafix, like holy shit, why have they put so many details on stuff? Game stutters as soon as something explodes or you enter a settlement.
>>
>>320390176
Best realization of the power armor in the entire series, though I wish you needed special training to use them.

Guns are more fun to use than ever. It still suffers from Bethesda's usual clunky, sloppy level of polish, but it isn't nearly as bad as Fallout 3 or New Vegas. Bethesda desperately needs a new engine.

Town building is a really fun minigame, and in any other game in the series I feel like it would have gone a long way towards making Charisma-specced builds viable. Imagine talking the Vault 13 residents into moving into your village to solve their water chip crisis? That sort of thing. I wish you could unlock prefab assets that aren't just rusty hunks of scrap metal arranged into a shelter as your settlement's wealth increases.

The setting is shockingly half-baked, and its even more blatant if you've played New Vegas right before starting 4 like I did. I'm appalled that they didn't take New Vegas' reputation system, though it shouldn't be that surprising given that Bethesda seems to want players to be able to do everything in one playthrough. At least there are less essential NPCs than Fallout 3, which makes the quests a bit more reactive to my bullshit.

Roleplaying is dead. If you're going into the game hoping to make a character and realize the world through his eyes, don't bother. The player character is dead and long buried, all Bethesda and Fallout 4 care about is the player as a character. This is reflected in every facet of the new SPECIAL and perk system, the voice acted main character, the terrible plot, and the godawful new dialogue system. It's a goddamned travesty, but casuals eat this shit up so expect that to be the norm for numbered Fallout sequels from here on out.
>>
Who is "the old man" that Captain Crunch refers to in his memory stuff

Why are synths programmed to memory wipe when escaping the institute instead of just shutting down like when their shutdown code is said

How does a synth escape the Institute at all since it requires the use of a teleporter to get out

Why does "the old man" target vault 111 and kill most everyone there when there is another vault that also has people with minimal radiation exposure

Why does the Institute need DNA from a random vault dweller when they themselves could provide a sample because they have also been underground since the Great War

Why is synth Shaun created

Why does Father believe that synths aren't people because they are created when he himself is talking to the person who created him

Why does Father believe that synths are people only after you destroy the Institute and he tries to force synth Shaun on you
>>
>>320407171
>>first companion, power armor and minigun within half an hour
while definitely a con, it's noticeable that it doesn't change the game much. You basically forget your power armor until you have more cores/better parts and perks.

>basically skyrim with nukes
i really don't get why people keep saying that. The melee in fallout 4 is far better than skyrim. The perk system is by far superior since skills in skyrim don't change anything, while they make you op in fallout.
>>
Fallout 3 had the best collection of explorable vaults in the series. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>320406929
>someone did not play Silver shroud quest. Anyway, not conveying emotion is better for this kind of game. Voiced protagonist is better than no voice at all, anyway.
That's not what i said you faggot i don't have a problem with no emotions i have a problem with hyperbole which the voice actor has making every conversation sound stupid because he changes from normal chit chat to some angry voice out of nowhere that doesn't even sound real at all.

>that's what you expect of a father. Think of fallout 3, but you play as your father. Do you need explanation to go after your son?
In fallout 3 they gave me more time to live with my father, here it's just less than 3 minutes and you don't have time to like the characters

>pipe guns are garbage and are everywhere
So you enjoy shit loot after clearing a big camp filled with bandits and what not? even when you pick lock an expert safe? it's this some kind of i enjoy gimping myself out thing people do nowadays because they believe they are too hardcore?

>you can just not use them if you don't like. It's just something more to do.
Yeah let's just not use something that was promoted and hyped for the game because its shit, i mean why make that work in first place when you can't just not use it at all i mean it's Bethesda so it's all right when they do it.

>companion system was never good. Stop pretending it was. The only difference is that now you don't lose your companion for stupid shit.
New Vegas companion wheel was on spot and everything worked as intended, if you didn't played NV or you are one of those assblasted people that hates NV because it's made by Obsidian not my fault.
>>
>>320396141
It's troponin,myosin and actin during muscle contraction you med school dropouts
>>
>>320406929
>do you expect them to mass produce weapons?
Yes.

There is a shit ton of pre-war factories full of working equipment and it's 200 fucking years after the war.

It's really not that fucking hard to make firearms with that kind of equipment and reverse engineering, I could make all the pipe shit from the game in my garage.
>>
>>320390176
put about 150 hours by now
my final scores is ... 7-/10

its the best bad game i ever played, i mean its not a good game, but its the best above mediocre game with some of the worst design decisions i saw so far

bethesda games were always a practice in a love/hat relationship with their crappy engine, shitty writing, godawful character models and animation but a great world to explore, fallout 4 makes those positives and negatives stand out even more
the ui is a step back in every possible way, the dialogue wheel is the worst interpretation of the concept i saw so far, the inventory ui would make people shit on it back in 1980ties and and the animations were probably done by a blind man.
but the graphics improvements are pretty visible, and the level design is great with a huge detailed world

so
+great level design
+deep crafting system
+huge world to explore
+a great fps game
+great concepts in the story
+its a bethseda game
-its a bethesda story
-good concepts half assed by the end
-14yo engine that isnt just old its ancient
-too little guns for crafting
-its now an open world fps with some rpg elemnts
sums it up i guess
>>
>>320407695
>he changes from normal chit chat to some angry voice out of nowhere that doesn't even sound real at all
when did this happen?

>In fallout 3 they gave me more time to live with my father, here it's just less than 3 minutes and you don't have time to like the characters
the only reason you even play the beginning of fallout 3 is to meet other characters (your friend, tunnel snakes, overseer, etc.). You probably spend even less than 3 minutes with your father in fallout 3. There are no relevant characters at the beginning of fallout 4 other than Shaun, and being your son is enough reason.

>So you enjoy shit loot after clearing a big camp filled with bandits and what not?
you don't get legendary loot from the chest at the end of the camp anyway. You will most likely get two or three legendaries from cleaning the camp just from killing enemies instead of the chest, which means good loot.

>Yeah let's just not use something that was promoted and hyped for the game because its shit
you mean: because you think it is shit. If you don't like it, don't use it. This is only something to add. to the game and doesn't make it worst in any way, or at least makes it slightly better than any of the other fallout games.

>New Vegas companion wheel was on spot and everything worked as intended
giving orders for your companion works very well in fallout 4 as well, and you can give them orders during the fight. How is that not better? Also, the companions don't die and they can do much more stuff for you. I believe the companions in NV can't even wear power armor or inspect objects. Saying that fallout 4 didn't improve on that is ridiculous.
>>
>>320408685
first of, this would need for them to know how to operate those machines. Second, "there is a shit ton of pre war factories full of working equipment" is an assumption, and in no way means "there are a lot of weapon factories".

>I could make all the pipe shit from the game in my garage.
and that's why they do it.
>>
Reminder that full scale nukes no longer blind you if you stare at them as of FO4, rendering the Honest Hearts DLC non-canon
>>
>>320408847

Why should companions not die? Why should every companion be able to use power armor?
>>
>>320409345
>nukes in Honest Hearts

dude what
>>
>>320409515
Survivalists story, the old couple that gets blinded when the Great War occurs that are mercy-killed by the survivalist.
>>
>>320409215
>first of, this would need for them to know how to operate those machines.
Those people had 200 years to figure that out. I'm willing to bet my life saving they would manage.

>Second, "there is a shit ton of pre war factories full of working equipment" is an assumption, and in no way means "there are a lot of weapon factories".
No, it's not an assumption.

I don't think how much time 200 fuckin years is. Even if the equipment wouldn't be in working condition, 200 years is far more than enough to repair it.

Not to mention mass production of firearms in Fallout universe was a thing in 2155, when the Gun Runners started, not even 100 years after the war.

>and that's why they do it.
They could be doing it from day 1 after the war, and nothing changed after 200 years?

Sounds logical.
>>
>>320408847
>Also, the companions don't die
Companions should be able to die. Muh emergent narratives and all that. One of my fondest memories of New Vegas was losing Boone to the Legion attack in Bitter Springs, and dragging his corpse all the way back to the feet of the Novac dinosaur.
>>
>>320409743
oh nvm, thought you meant the nuke in lone road (which doesn't blind you either desu)
>>
>>320409215
200 years is a long goddamned time to figure this shit out. Plot contrivances and Bethesda's refusal to move back in the time line are the only reasons Fallout's east coast is as uncivilized as it is.
>>
File: 1448063814604.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448063814604.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>320390176
it sucks, it's shallow, it's bland, but the power armor is pretty fun to clunk around in.
>>
>>320409743
The Survivalist and the Father in the Cave subplot was surprisingly touching for a hidden little short story.

Shame Honest Hearts had like 6 important NPCs at most. It was really fun to explore.
>>
Huge dissappointment

Dialogue sucks, there are no consequences for your actions. You can always say im sorry and get away with it, like in Cabot quest you release their nutjob father from a 200 year old lock up and they still wont kill you. No atmosphere boston and surrounding suck ass, radio and music suck they insist on fallout and nuclear bomb references so much its cringey. No humor. DIALOGUE WHEEL OMFG. stupid people. Dungeons are boring. Weapons are boring and except cannon(that whole quest with robots is a shining star) and too much scifi bullshit (mysterious serum...)

They failed everything, but will wait for a dlc
>>
File: Comfy_guy.jpg (41 KB, 600x579) Image search: [Google]
Comfy_guy.jpg
41 KB, 600x579
>>320390176
As someone who has played most of the AAA games released this year. Fallout 4 is a sold 8/10 or 8.5/10. Even tho everyone complained about it, which is understandable because the dialogue system was dumbed down where your choices lead to a linear path, the game was fun in the end, with the richly detailed dense world and other improvements.

I have played it 140 hrs yet, can't wait for the first DLC and GECK.
>>
>>320410035
Literally the only reason Beth keeps it pushed forward 200 years instead of being right after the war is so they can have the BoS.

Name and brand recognition is significantly more important that any thoughtful writing or acceptable narrative.

I mean for fucks sake, FO4 has built in writing contradictions in itself, much less contradicting previous games' writing.
>>
>>320409407
>Why should companions not die?
so you don't have to reload the game

>Why should every companion be able to use power armor?
It's not wrong to stop them from using it, i think that's more according to the "kind of game". There is something fundamentally different between power armor in fallout 4 and NV. It is supposed to be like a vehicle in fallout 4; many people associate with a tank. Making your companions use power armor not only increases their fighting power (considering how weak they get late gmae), it is also an easy way to carry more equipment and transport the power armor itself when you are already using one. NV doesn't go that way. Power armor is more rare in that game, and not many people can use it. It's not necessarily wrong for companions not to use it, but it feels like a plus in a game like fallout 4 considering it's own elements.
>>
>>320393890
Where you doing this on omegle with the v tag?
>>
File: scienceguy.png (594 KB, 405x717) Image search: [Google]
scienceguy.png
594 KB, 405x717
Great open world shooter, shit RPG
>>
File: fo4shit.jpg (2 MB, 1920x969) Image search: [Google]
fo4shit.jpg
2 MB, 1920x969
I played it for longer than I should have. I went into it being pissed off that there is no ability to roleplay and that the dialogue is shit, so I was ready to be disappointed.

I spent the first 3-4 days being an autismo and building up every settlement into big massive, complex pieces of shit, even after I realized that it doesn't matter at all. Then after collecting all the settlements I went to collect all the companions and maxed their affinity.

That's really where I got the most enjoyment out of the game. Curie is my waifu and MacCready is husbando. Sad I can't fuck Nick.

Eventually I figured that the BOS is like the FO1/2 BOS and actually assholes, which was great, so I blew them up and the Institute up and sided with the Railroad/Minutemen.

I'm pretty pissed off though because Danse appears to be broken now. He has max affinity with me and the BOS hates him but all I can do now is trade with him, he wont talk to me. Logically that would be because he's sad I blew up the Prydwyn, but he doesn't say anything about it, he just doesn't say anything.

It was a good time waster but that's all. Overall it's a boring game only fun for it's autism collection factors.
>>
>>320410458

>so you dont have to reload

holy fucking shit lmao
>>
>>320408847
I gave Veronica Power Armour in New Vegas.

Ironically, it was Enclave Power Armour.
>>
>>320409878
>Those people had 200 years to figure that out
it's 200 years since the bombs fell, not 200 years since society is 'restored'. Just saying it won't happen like that, i mean, the bombs drop and in the next day someone is trying to make weapons.

>200 years is far more than enough to repair it
you're asking for another area of expertise now. It makes it even more difficult. For a long time of those 200 years they were caring more about survival and radiation than anything, i don't think they would bother. Not only that, we don't know exactly the state of those factories. There might be nothing left at all, or in some of them there may be enough left to rebuild. Just saying it would require the right person at the right time on the right place for that to work, and even if it did it is unlikely it would supply everyone, probably like the gunners you are mentioning.

>>320409896
>Companions should be able to die
so you can reload your game?

>One of my fondest memories of New Vegas was losing Boone to the Legion attack in Bitter Springs, and dragging his corpse all the way back to the feet of the Novac dinosaur.
i'm sorry to hear that, man. But he will always be there for you. In another save.
>>
File: what a bitch.jpg (48 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
what a bitch.jpg
48 KB, 500x377
>>320410458
>so you don't have to reload the game

If your companion gets overwhelmed and falls in combat the player should have to live with the consequences.
>>
>>320410839
>Overall it's a boring game only fun for it's autism collection factors.
this is the best description of the game i've seen.
>>
File: mugimugi.jpg (27 KB, 383x646) Image search: [Google]
mugimugi.jpg
27 KB, 383x646
its one of those games I have a blast with dicking around and being a drunken idiot playing. not following stories or anything just doing it all spur of the moment style. but can't keep an interest sober.

its one of those games.
>>
>>320411197
But, anon, what you're describing there is a roleplaying game. FO4 is not a roleplaying game.
>>
File: well said.png (22 KB, 324x355) Image search: [Google]
well said.png
22 KB, 324x355
>>320411368
Of course, how silly of me to forget.
>>
>>320404260
damn nigga I could not agree more.
>>
No matter how awful these games get in terms of story and roleplaying, I still enjoy playing them solely for the exploration/loot collecting aspect.

Still I'm really hoping there will be a New Vegas equivalent.
>>
>>320411256
What a coincidence. I also only really found the game fun when I was drunk as shit.
>>
Buggy popin-failing 2easy4babies waste of space.

Maybe after a year of the modding tool being out and some patches itll be shit.
>>
>>320411180
No matter how much things you try to debunk with "well we don't know", Gun Runners were mass producing firearms since 2155.

It's 2287 at the beggining of Fallout 4. If no one was able to get a factory up and running then I guess everyone in the Commonwealth has an IQ score of 70 or less, which woud be fitting since there is more of equally stupid shit like that in there.

And don't even try saying anything like "w-well maybe they were lucky enough to find the only working factory in the US".
>>
>>320411197
>>320411368
i'm being realistic. That's what everyone does if you're slightly interested in your companion. If you're not, fuck him. You can just ask him nicely to go away. There is zero roleplay value to let your companion die. No one cares if he dies. He doesn't have a family or anything, it doesn't start some kind of quest or changes anythng. Basically, your companion dying is a feature that is not used in NV or any game for anything productive. They are only valuable if they are alive.
>>
Kylo Ren kills Han Solo at the end of SW Episode 7.
>>
>>320411180
>so you can reload your game?
No everyone is a save scumming like you are Todd.

Some of us actually roleplay and unerstand the concept of consequences.

You know, lets make the PC immortal. Everyone is just going to reload if they die anyway.
>>
>>320411787
We know already you faggot edgelord
>>
>>320411697
>Gun Runners were mass producing firearms since 2155
yes, one group, with some factories. Are you expecting them to be everywhere? guns being hard to get makes sense.
>>
>>320411750
>There is zero roleplay value to let your companion die.

>>320409896
Enriching roleplaying is THE reason to 'let' companions die.
>>
>>320399324
You can still roleplay and do what you want
But they won't like you for it, get over it scrub
>>
>>320412038
> Are you expecting them to be everywhere?
Yes, I expect people with an IQ score over 100 to be in at least every major part of the wasteland.

Since no one in Fallout 4 is able to take a skeleton out of a hotel room, scavenge 200 years old building or clean a toilet you might be onto something though.
>>
>>320411868
>No everyone is a save scumming like you are Todd
you delete your game every time you die and start a new character? i don't get it.

>Some of us actually roleplay and unerstand the concept of consequences.
as i said, there are two things that can happen: one, you care about the quest/companion and will reload if he dies so you can finish the questline. Two: you don't care at all and will let them die anyway, in which case you can just tell him to fuck off. There is nothing to lose by making him immortal. If your companion dying was actually a thing in the game (i mean with effects, perhaps he had a family, it starts a new quest, you get access to something, etc) i could understand. But your companion dying literally means nothing.
>>
>>320411697
I have a theory that the chinks used highly experimental nukes on the east coast that makes everyone in a 100 mile radius of the blast a complete drooling retarded idiot.

It is the only way to adequately explain FO3 and FO4. This also covers all the nonsensical writing and other miscellaneous idiocy present.
>>
>>320412302

The gun runners were only able to get up and running because they had pre-war schematics to manufacturing weapons.
>>
Dropped it after 8 hours.

And that's saying something because i've logged almost 30 hours in the past week playing Witcher 3 although i like post-apocalypse setting much more than the generic fantasy one.
>>
>>320412608
>what is reverse engineering
200 years. Not 2, not 20. 200.

People were fucking coming up with new firearms designs in less, hell the history of modern smokeless powder firearms is shorter than 200 years, and you are telling me no one was able to dissasemble a gun and see what it's made of?

Firearms are not rocket science, you are grasping at straws now. It odesn't make any sense whatsoever.
>>
>>320412302
>I expect people with an IQ score over 100 to be in at least every major part of the wasteland.
the gunners found the right place and started to produce weapons. You're saying that "the right place should exist again and people that know how to rebuild/make weapons should be everywhere". You're really expecting too much. Plus, it's not like the guns are unexistent. Groups like the brotherhood clearly have access to them. If you're expecting random bandits to have rocket launchers, that's jut wrong.
>>
2>NV>1>>>>4>>3
This is my opinion.

That being said, both 4 and 3 are shit.
Now this is a fact.
>>
>>320412038
>>320412038
Not him, but you can make actually decent looking guns yourself without needing a factory.

see

http://thehomegunsmith.com/
>>
>>320412560
>But your companion dying literally means nothing.
It means what you make of it, man. That's the driving mechanism behind emergent narratives. The only reason to have companions get knocked out instead of die is as a convenience for casuals or people who don't respect the setting enough to accept the deaths of their friends. Though I'd love for the world to be more reactive of your companions dying like you said, you're totally right about that. The game world should be more reactive of your companions dying.
>>
>>320390176

Honestly? I think modded Fallout 3 is the better game. Even if Fallout 3 has a shitty story, it's just more fun to me.

I dropped Fallout 4 after I made the mistake of installing the dialogue mod and saw that very response was essentially the same.
>>
>>320413000
again, 200 years since the bombs fell, not that society is rebuild.
>>
>>320413308
>the right place should exist again and people that know how to rebuild/make weapons should be everywhere
I'm guessing factiores are exclusive for the West Coast and Pittsburg then.
>>
Its better than 3. Its not better than 1, its a little better than 2 its not better than new vegas story wise.
>>
>>320413406
unfortunately, the internet is an amazing thing they don't have access to. Anyway, some of the pipe weapons looks okayish, like the revolver.
>>
>>320413515
And tha leaves us with what?100 -50 years? Fallout 1 starts in 2161, 90 years after the war and Gun Runners are already up and running for quite some time.

Unless you change it to like 50 years after the war there is no excuse for not using all those rescources available.
>>
>>320390176
God, Aradesh was such a great character
>>
>>320413410
>interesting companion runs into a mine and gets blown to bits
- well, let's respect the will of the game and not reload it.

If there was some reaction about them dying i think it would even be more interesting than FO4's immortality. But for now companions dying is just something to bother the player to reload the game or carry all the equipment. if he is really interested on that character. Also, now that i think about it, if a companion was able to die in FO4's case, there would be a great chance of losing the power armor he was equipped with
>>
>>320413556
you're not ignoring that bombs destroyed shit up, right?
>>
>>320414672
Factories in Fallout 4 don't look half bad.
>>
Bethesda's games should just take place 50 years after the bombs since their worldbuilding sucks balls, but then they'd have no justification for throwing super orcs into their game.
>>
>>320414820
some of them, yeah. Not even one weapon factory, sadly. Just saying there is more to factor in when considering if there should be weapons or not.
>>
Sunk over 72 hours into it and still havnt finished the main story, im not even mad.
>>
is he right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aorKjw71ckQ
>>
>>320390176
>Now that the dust has settled[...]
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: riyadh-approaching_1363805i.jpg (40 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
riyadh-approaching_1363805i.jpg
40 KB, 620x400
>>320416326
>now that the dust has settled
>>
>>320415762
Not going to trust this man after one of his first sentences whent the review actually starts:

>Players explore an interesting plot line...
>>
>>320415762
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A34poZ6paGs

This analysis is a bit better, but the fact that he has never played FO1 or 2 and refuses to do so brings it down.

The thing that really made me question his taste is that he felt that Bioshock Infinite had good gunplay. Jesus christ how incorrect can you be.
>>
>>320396775
>>320396775
Caitly Jenner cameo
>>
File: 1447732499268.jpg (84 KB, 593x539) Image search: [Google]
1447732499268.jpg
84 KB, 593x539
The amount of guns and gear is so shit. There is literally two pistols. Correction, it's actually one revolver and one pistol.
>>
>>320418492
all the better to introduce gun runner DLC, anon
>>
>>320417760
Other than that, this is a pretty good analysis of the game.
>>
>>320408086
doctor, you need to suck this salty dick, stat
>>
>>320390176
Better than New Vegas and Witcher.
>>
>>320420568
If it's so much better, how come it didn't win GOTY, let alone any awards at all? ;^)
>>
>>320390176

It's so disappointing that it actually made me reinstall Skyrim for the 20th time.
>>
>>320420568
I wouldn't call it better than Witcher 3. Witcher 3 was an exceptionally better game that surpassed every game released this year in every field.
>>
>that three-dog intelligence answer

thank you captain obvious
>>
File: falloutw 2013-12-14 19-49-54-27.jpg (204 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
falloutw 2013-12-14 19-49-54-27.jpg
204 KB, 1024x768
>>320390176
After F4, I actually miss F3. A thing I'd never even consider saying before.
>>
File: 1448704136719.png (139 KB, 401x384) Image search: [Google]
1448704136719.png
139 KB, 401x384
>>320390176
Had to wrestle with the game and overlook too many things to get a fragment of what I wanted out of it.
>>
>>320418492
>There is literally two pistols. Correction, it's actually one revolver and one pistol.

There are 10mm pistols and variants, Pipe pistols and variants, a unique pistol with unique model, Revolvers, a unique revolver, Laser Pistols, Plasma Pistols.

It is less than NV, hopefully they will add more in 1st DLC.
>>
>>320390176
I really don't mind the voiced protag thing, but god damn does the male VO not really give a shit and phones it in, played as chick and had a fuckin blast cause at least she sounded like she cared, combat was meh, and the leveling system is pretty damn meh as well, story was as good as it could be considering Bethesda usual can't write a main story for shit, overall it was more of the same stuff as fallout 3 which depending on your mindset can make or break it
>>
i cant warn Desdomona about the attack. I just want my trophy. I'm siding with the institute. but it wont let me finish the quest.

the fuck man.
the fuck
>>
>>320400890
Fuck off with your shitty OC
Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.