[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Every time I see a FF7 post is shitposted to death by either
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: Cloud_Strife.png (89 KB, 289x344) Image search: [Google]
Cloud_Strife.png
89 KB, 289x344
>Every time I see a FF7 post is shitposted to death by either nintendrones, Chronofags or FF6 fanboys or at least that's how they look like by the way they post.
>Thought nobody liked Cloud neither his game
>Suddenly everyone likes him now that he is in Smash

Explain, was "FF7 is bad and Cloud is a bad character" a meme all along?
>>
You know, anon, there is two kind of people; who like and who doesnt like
>>
>>320388850
Final Fantasy 7 was insanely popular so of course people are going to hate on it , Cloud wasnt hated , the film and everything else made into an angsty , broody type which he never was.
>>
Just look at undertale, when a game is good and popular, people act like they hate it to try to be cool and contrarian
>>
I've never played FF7 and I probably never will

I'm really excited to play as Cloud in Smash becuase Smash to me is about Characters from different franchises beating each other up. I preferred it when it was exclusively nintendo characters (Mainly because my first smash was 64) but if the games are including other companies characters, I think Cloud, Sonic, and Snake are/were fantastic choices to add to the game.
>>
File: Cloud gets his groove back.png (3 MB, 1321x3478) Image search: [Google]
Cloud gets his groove back.png
3 MB, 1321x3478
>>320389159
>broody type
Cloud wasn't even broody in the movie. He was more grouchy and depressed than anything because dying, and even then, that only lasts through the first half.
>>
>>320388850
You need to get off /v/ for a while if you think the MC of one of the most critically acclaimed and popular games of all time that's getting a hugely anticipated remake soon was genuinely unpopular.
>>
>>320389743
Havent watched the film in a while , If I remember he was a bit of a goofball in the game and there wasnt anything like that in the film.
>>
>>320389743
>he wasn't broody
>he was depressed
Heh
>>
>>320390301

>bit of a goofball in the game

You know a lot of people call him emo/angsty but let's look at the facts here:

>never grew up to be the man he promised his childhood friend he'd be

>watches helplessly as one of his best friends is murdered

>watches helplessly as his best friend's girlfriend is murdered

>entire weight of the world is on his shoulders

>is the product of an experiment down in a lab that stole years from his life

It isn't like his biggest problem is Tifa won't give him the poon.
>>
What Im saying is he wasnt emo or angsty in the game , considering all that he was surprisingly well adjusted , he went insane but he seemed fine near the end.
>>
It's a historical thing. Back in the day FF7 and FF10 fags were obnoxious. Tons of obese fangirls schlicking to their SephieXCloud fanfics, retarded teens who thought the stories were the deepest shit ever, the works. So essentially the same thing happened to FF7 that happens to games like Undertale or DaS: tons of hate levied at the game because of the fanbase, regardless of the quality of the game itself. However, it's been over a decade since the game's golden age of fanshit, the Hot Topic teens have grown up and no longer have the attachment they once did, so the fanbase and hatebase have both calmed down for a more objective look at the game.
>>
>>320390301
> If I remember he was a bit of a goofball in the game

Sure, but that was all his "Zack personality" that he created due to his mind essentially breaking due to trauma and massively debilitating mako/JENOVA cell experiments.

Actual Cloud is pretty quiet, sensitive and pretty chilled along with being resolute and loyal as fuck.
>>
>>320392476
True but Dark Souls didnt have the huge success that FF7 did , it sold decently but nowhere near that game , not sure about Undertale .
Also didnt Dark Souls get popular overtime.
>>
>>320392760
That sounds about right
Except for that "lets mosey" near the end.
>>
Final fantasy 7 os literally the worst game ever. It's so shitty, you can see elements of it in undertale: characters, dialogue, music, numbers. I'm not even sure how it's the best selling final fantasy when it's such a pile of shit, I'm pretty sure square just fudged their sales numbers. I personally don't know anyone who played the game and liked it.
>>
>>320388850
Neither are bad, they are however mediocre and probably the most overrated game/character in existence though.
>>
>>320392760
I liked it when you could make him say out of character stuff.
>Hey Cloud, sleep well last night?
>Next to you, who wouldn't?
>>
>>320392970
That was him essentially saying "Lets get this shit over with".

The crew didnt expect that they'd be able to beat Sephiroth but they knew that they were all inevitably fucked due to Meteor
>>
>>320393185
This is poor bait.
>>
7 is the ocarina of time of final fantasy
>>
>>320393692

You have to reverse that m8
>>
>>320392970

I wonder what the Japanese dialogue for that line was that someone decided best translated to "let's mosey". To me, moseying is an style of movement unique to cowboys in frontier towns in Midwestern america during the 19th century. In my mind, people that aren't wearing riding leathers and a pair of revolvers are not capable of moseying.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1450218999431.jpg (36 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1450218999431.jpg
36 KB, 768x768
>>320390456
Broody implies that he's naturally standoffish and reclusive. Batman is broody.

Cloud's depressed in the movie because of a terminal disease and he developed a guilt complex because he's reflecting on his life as a result of said disease.
>>
>>320393821
Final Fantasy is the 7 of Ocarina of Time?
>>
>>320392476
It's understandable, but the hate back in the day did trigger me as much of it was directed at the original game which is actually good and didn't do anything wrong. It was highly regarded and loved for a reason, but those faggots and the spinoffs just tainted it.

Not only that but just as much as those embarassing CloudxSephie fucks were turning FFVII into something it wasn't until the compilation, the haters were also aiding the myth by criticizing the original for the same shit which was untrue.

You even had some of those same fanfiction cunts that the movement was actually created im response against jumping on the same bandwagon of bashing the original themselves to tout spinoffs as having improved "the one-dimensional, overrated mediocre original game", which is wrong on so many fucking levels.

I would have been all for it if many of the FF6 fans didn't often gang up with people who were truly part of the problem they were criticizing to bash the perfectly respectable original game. Because obviously jealousy against the original didn't just resonate from fans of the SNES games. It was also the obnoxious variants of the FFVIII fans, FFX fans, Kingdom Hearts fans, Crisis Core fans, or people generally too young to get past the shitty graphics but would eat up games with even more embarassing stories guilty of the things haters bash VII for just because they're prettier and more "anime", which is exactly what VII is accused of being bad for in the first place.

It just made the whole movement hypocritical, so I'm glad people on /v/ started realizing this and giving VII it's due sometime in the last 5 or 6 years.
>>
>>320388850
Well he thought he was a badass soldier man 1st class, then he found out his whole life is a lie and he's a scrub shinra guard that his friend laid down his life for. Then he gets planet cancer, so I wouldn't expect him to be the self-assured jackass he was in ff7. It's just character development. And in the second half of AC, he gets back some of that confidence. In Dirge of Cerberus he's not really depressed at all, but he is more serious as he realizes he isnt an invincible warrior like he thought in FF7.
>>
>>320394617
>>320394617

He said reverse it, you idiot.

Fantasy final of time of ocarina the is 7. It's obvious, now that I wrote it out.
>>
>>320394796
Damn anon, can't believe I didn't catch that before. You've granted me some major eyes.
>>
>>320394737
Cloud in DoC has a dry sense of humor and some good, deadpan banter with Vincent
>>
>>320395216
Yeah he doesn't have many lines but at one point Vincent asks him how hes doing and Cloud says in a cocky tone, "How do you think?" depressed AC Cloud would have never said that.
>>
>>320393550
>I liked it when you could make him say out of character stuff.

Making Cloud get really into the crossdressing and going along with Don Corneo before the girls entered the room was hilarious.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.