[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metro 2033 / Last light
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Metro-Redux.jpg (79 KB, 600x340) Image search: [Google]
Metro-Redux.jpg
79 KB, 600x340
What are your thoughts on these gems?
>>
Meh, 2033 was kind of ok except the whole dark one bullshit I liked the story, got Last Light in a sale and refunded it because for 30 minutes all you do is walk around and hear a bunch of shit about dark aliens or some shit and the game holds your hand like a retarded step child
>>
>>320387775
Yeah the beginning of Last light was quite dull but I really liked the variety of environment in comparison to 2033
>>
I'm like Xerxes
>>
File: idontknowgoddamn.png (542 KB, 853x465) Image search: [Google]
idontknowgoddamn.png
542 KB, 853x465
When I saw the metro map in Metro 2033 for the firstt time, I was excited
>oh waew I can explore all of this!

3 hour game.

It's okay.
>>
I was expecting something more like Stalker but what I got was a harder version of Battlefield with some stealth.

2033 is good, Last Light not so much
>>
>>320387775
The first 1/4 you have to walk around with npc, rest is yourself.
>>
>inb4 Redux or originals

Original 33 is better, Last light redux is basically the same thing but slightly better and it's the only option now so get it

there, I saved you 300 posts
>>
File: metro sex scene.jpg (239 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
metro sex scene.jpg
239 KB, 1920x1200
>>320389896
>she does nothing but get captured and bear his children

seemed like wasted potential for a cool character
>>
I really liked Metro 2033 when I bought it with that redux thing. Last Light could've been better but I feel like my experience with it was better than other because I played it with the Metro 2033 settings.

Hope we get a Metro 2034 game in a couple years.
>>
>>320390032
Eh.
They want her to have something special like Khan's character, but it ended up negative as the NPC carries you the entire game.

So yeah, there you have it.
>>
I've only played 2033 and I'm probably gonna get Last Light Redux at some point.

The sections where you kill humans in 2033 were H O R R I B L E and pretty much the reason I couldn't find the patience for a 2nd playthrough. Other than that, it's a pretty good game, although I'd prefer it if it wasn't so linear and also had a longer story.
>>
>>320390664
well prepard to probably be dissapointed, LL has a lot of human combat and I felt 2033's was better.
>>
Last Light gameplay was such ass. The human AI is retarded and incredibly easy to just kill. Way easier than stealth, taking forever to wait for the enemy to walk to the far side of a room just so you can walk past. Story was cool, except I haven't beat it yet, but I know I'm close to finishing it since they are just throwing all the supplies you could possibly carry and this is supposed to be the hardest difficulty.
>>
>>320390804
But didn't they say that they fixed stealth and that it's easier to deal with humans in LL? Or at least in the Redux version? Damn. I don't wanna spend hours reloading the same sections again and again.
>>
They're good, but Last Light's Ranger Hardcore sucked shit. Is it different in redux?
>>
>>320391442
they fucked up the stealth and the AI is dumber all around

you sound like a casual
>>
>>320387536
if you fix the fov it's a solid 9/10
last light sure changes a lot of things for the worse but does a lot of things better in terms of environment and level design as well as enemy encounters and pacing

the absolute worst is the 2033 redux. the absolute worst of both games put together. its absurdly stupid how much they fucked it up
>>
>>320391442
>I don't wanna spend hours reloading the same sections again and again.
2033 had fine stealth dude. This is one of the worst meme criticisms of all time alongside
>Crysis is a tech demo
>New Vegas feels like an expansion pack
>>
What do the redux versions even do I thought they just improved performance
>>
File: metro redux.gif (1 MB, 1266x712) Image search: [Google]
metro redux.gif
1 MB, 1266x712
>>320392853
outs 2033 on the LL engine, new voice for Artyom, a bunch for other minor but non-comfy shit ruining that atmosphere, worse HUD, stealth is easier and humans are dumber, adds the new monsters like the spiders and a flamethrower for you to use as well

One of the little things that put me off about last light was the change in the night vision, 2033 had them claustrophobic as fuck, felt like buffalo bill
>>
>>320392853
for Last Light it's just minor improvements

for 2033 it ruins
>lighting
>textures
>shooting mechanics
>ai
>hud
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.