[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> he hasn't pre ordered his copy of the Five Nights at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: FNaF_TheNovel.jpg (344 KB, 500x800) Image search: [Google]
FNaF_TheNovel.jpg
344 KB, 500x800
> he hasn't pre ordered his copy of the Five Nights at Freddy's novel

What's your excuse?
>>
i dont buy shit games
>>
>>320373324
Man, he really didn't get what made the original interesting, did he?
>>
>>320373364

good thing it's a book
>>
How would a jump-scare game work in a book form? Do they hide a jack in the box inside?
>>
>>320373494

like those cards that play music, except replace the music with loud screams at random intervals
>>
File: 1425285495283.gif (489 KB, 497x373) Image search: [Google]
1425285495283.gif
489 KB, 497x373
People will buy this just to record themselves doing a Dramatic Reading on youtube
>>
>>320373679

Least it gets some of these kids that are obssesed with the game to read.
>>
>>320373480
Most people who are accidentally successful don't.
>>
This is a youtuber game so I don't know how it'll work as a book. I guess a kids towards the end of primary school might get excited at the fact he can "game" at school.
>>
>>320373324
I wonder if the kids of today would look back on this and think of it as some sort of masterpiece

What a world we live in
>>
>>320373746
There's a difference between reading and reading shit. You can make any kid go online and read about Minecraft "at least he's reading!" but it will hardly present them with ethical dilemmas suited to challenge your character and perhaps make you grow as a person.

Might as well give them a Goosebumps.
>>
>>320373864
>ethical dilemmas suited to challenge your character and perhaps make you grow as a person
And such a thing is only possible through reading, of course.
>>
>>320374069
If deep ethical dilemmas are only in books, then why are they important in real life????
>>
>>320374243
I'm not sure. I wish someone would write a book about this so I can contemplate it.
>>
It's all just a dream so what's the point?
>>
>>320374069
It doesn't matter if it's exclusive to the medium or not. The contention was concerning the fact that "'least muh chilluns is readan!" ergo the dichotomy of proper reading material versus wasted reading material exactly applies regardless of exclusivity.
>>
>>320373864
>Might as well give them a Goosebumps.
Why is that bad?
Gotta start somewhere anon.
You really think 12 year old are going pick up War and peace or shit like that?
>>
File: Tumblr_inline_mvi2hzOKwp1qgji20.png (741 KB, 500x694) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_inline_mvi2hzOKwp1qgji20.png
741 KB, 500x694
>novel for an indie horror game
They're not all bad.
>>
>>320373324
Bugger off to /lit/. I'm sure they will love you.
>>
>>320374581
I was always under the impression that people saw reading as beneficial because it improves vocabulary and writing ability.
>>
>>320373864

They are reading goosebumbs too probably. At least they have new material.

When you were a kid wouldn't you have been hyped for a scary book with Ghostbusters for example.
>>
What is the story like in this book?
Isnt the game just a bunch of robots running around for literally no reason.
>>
File: cLImc8kl.jpg (30 KB, 175x184) Image search: [Google]
cLImc8kl.jpg
30 KB, 175x184
>>320373324
>four games
>spin off RPG
>a fucking movie
>now a book
There's no stoppin the cawthon
>>
>>320374691
It can do that as well but often, even if you can't relate to an idea on a specific level, it still has a certain abstraction that can elsewhere be applied. The themes are a vessel for lessons overall which you can take from the writing if you want to look at it deeply enough. Of course you can read at surface level just to enjoy the story as many do.
>>
so scott finally made it big time eh?
good for him

that faggot is honestly the only indie dev i can sympathize
>>
>>320375010
With how cancerous the fanbase is, he knows how to make money off them.
Scott is a fucking genius, trolling shitheads like that "JUSRT A THEOREY" faggot and keeping the "fans"/bandwagoners under his reigns for a steady flow of cash all from his initial game he didn't mean to pander to such cancer.
Even if I tried making a game solely to cater to furries and YT shits I wouldn't be nearly as successful as Scott.
>>
File: MarkCheverton.jpg (92 KB, 700x450) Image search: [Google]
MarkCheverton.jpg
92 KB, 700x450
Anybody got a dump of shitty third-party minecraft books?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.