[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>become masterrace >life is glorious >move house >PC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
>become masterrace
>life is glorious
>move house
>PC no longer turns on
>fans + harddrive + lights come on but no BIOS beep, nothing happens
>replace mobo
>still the same

maybe I should just buy a console...
>>
>maybe I should just buy a children's toy.
There's literally no reason to buy a console if you're old enough to post here unless you're getting it for your own children. In which case just get a wiiu so you can play with them.
>>
>>320370648
sounds like the 24 pin cable is lose maybe? That happened to me recently and I nearly shit myself
>>
>>320370970
But he's not old enough to post here.
>>
Try removing the fish tank
>>
>tfw built a PC earlier this year
>ran into one issue after another for the first two weeks until shit finally stabilzed
>still constantly a little paranoid that something is going to go wrong even though it hasn't in months

help
>>
>>320371125
I've checked every connection including the 24 pin. My last guess is it might be the CPU but I don't see why that would break while I was moving.

>>320370970
You're right, I'd rather just stop playing videogames than buy a console.
>>
>>320370648

>find local PC repair shop
>pick up phone and explain
>get it fixed for the price of a DVD probably without price for parts

Or go and buy a kidsbox and pay a fortune more for games because they've locked you in.
>>
Would recommend checking for these things
1. New processor, I helped a friend once, same symptoms but it turned out his CPU was fried (Its what he gets for choosing AMD)
2. if you have a Harddrive that is 2 TB or higher take it out for the time being, sometimes the bios don't take kindly to them being so high
3. GG
>>
>>320370648
Try a different power outlet? Could be that side of the house has funky power.
Re-connect your PSU? Or use a friend's to isolate the issue

Story time
> Moving room around
> Take cords out of PC to move it
> Plug it back in
> Turns on, but no display
> Wtf
> Check the back
> Check my monitor
> Cannot think of what's causing it
> Start getting really shitty cause I don't understand how I can be so retarded as to break it
> Take apart whole PC, reseating everything
> Problem not fixed
> About to call my ex and beg they come fix it
> Staring at the back of the tower
> Notice a second HDMI output
> Plug it
> Display returns
> Mwf I thought my PC fucked after connecting my monitor to my motherboard, not GPU
>>
tfw running stock voltage 2500k at 4.9ghz for 3 years running

i aint lettin go of this baby yet
>>
How can one use the internet on a daily basis and be as technically inept as you guys?
>>
>>320372291
> About to call my ex and beg they come fix it
> Mwf I thought my PC fucked after connecting my monitor to my motherboard, not GPU

>being polyamorous
>being retarded
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.