[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So sm4sh's final roster is here? Are you happy? What would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
So sm4sh's final roster is here? Are you happy? What would you change?

Be realistic about what we could have gotten instead.

Personally, the only things I would do is make Lucina, Dr. Mario, and Dark pit alternate costumes in exchange for getting wolf (under the logic each of those was probably 25% of a full character to make and wolf is probably 75% of one), and Banjo instead of Roy and Lucas, who both also become costumes for marth and ness respectively. , with customs covering all of the specials they have different from their bases.
>>
>>320364792
>wolf
>different in any way from fox
>>
>>320364898
He's as or more different then luigi is from mario,
>>
I legitimately cried tears of joy when Bayonetta was announced
I am extremely happy
I would have replaced Palutena with Hades
I woulda added Fawful
Sora instead of cloud
>>
>>320365392
Yeah, but the last time I checked game title wasn't "Super Star Foxes".
>>
>>320364792
>completely separate characters as costumes

No thanks senpai
>>
>>320364792
No. i'm not happy. I really wanted Bomberman to be there!
>>
Remove Lucina
Remove Dark Shit
Bring back Sneaking Man (inb4 >be realistic)
Axe the 3DS version entirety in order to bring back Ice Climbers
Add a 2nd Namco rep
Bring back Wolf I guess

Everything else is golden
>>
>>320365772
>any of the characters Iisted
>completely separate.

Lucina, Dark pit, and Dr. Mario are the same characters wth differreent models, voices, and like 1-2 changed moves or a different propriety.

Roy and Lucas are semi clones like Falco and ganondorf. , all of their stuff is changed, but they us an existing character as a base to varying degreees. Wolf is also on, but he's the most changed of any of them by a good amount.
>>
File: 1346724802936.gif (486 KB, 475x347) Image search: [Google]
1346724802936.gif
486 KB, 475x347
Went from 39 characters to 58 characters.

I'm happy with what we've got, but it leaves me concerned for the next iteration because I feel like cutting anyone at this point would lead to frustration from fans of all the newcomers, veterans and guest characters.

I'm pulling for a Smash 4 port with some minor gameplay changes for NX, something like a GOTY Edition.

The female representation of newcomers is also nice and I hope that they expand upon villain characters in a similar way for Sm5sh.
>>
>>320364792
>Replace Corrin with Chorus Kids/Rhythm Heaven character.
Promotes a lesser known franchise. FE Is popular enough. But really, ANY fucking character would have been better than another FE.
>Replace Lucina with Alph. Make Lucina a Marth costume
Adds another Pikmin character, uses Rock and throwable Flying Pikmin somehow. Roy is the better Marth clone anyway.
>Replace Dark Pit with Wolf. Make Dark Pit a Pit costume again
Wolf was a lot more unique than Dark Pit will ever be.
>>
>>320364792
>No krool
>No fucking Krool even after the ballot he was certain to win

I'm on the verge of suicide
>>
I just would have given the game to someone other than Sakurai. He didn't even want to make Brawl, and he went and had to make an entire other Smash game. There must have been an up-and-coming guy at Nintendo who wanted to take a crank at it.
>>
>>320366746
I'm with you,the Shovel fags were right behind K Rool. I would have wanted K Rool over fucking Corrin and even Bayonetta....But at least Bayonetta isn't shit,she was just rigged.
>>
>>320367437
At least Bayonetta doesn't have five other fucking reps from the same series who have almost the same moveset.
>>
>>320367565
That's true. Nobody fucking wants Corrin that much. They could have replaced Roy with him at least and kept Roy out for good.
>>
>>320367684
Or they could've gone with someone like Isaac who would at least be from a different series.
Rather salty about Shantae though, considering there would be ZERO problems with licensing with Wayforward wanting her in, and almost certainly a large enough amount of support to at least put her on the radar.
>>
>>320366628
>wanting to get rid of corrin when he's way more interesting then ike or roy or even marth himself.

>>320367565
Corrin's moveset is fairly unique though. Him and Robin are both great.
>>
>>320364792

Yes, I am happy with the roster. Mewtwo is in and has recently received buffs. That is the only platform I have ever stood on in regards to Smash. I had my desires, and they have been fulfilled. I can be disappointed in choices after that, but it doesn't even really matter because there is zero reason to complain.

>>320364898

Wolf was the most fun space furry to play. Fox and Falco are bland compared to him.
>>
>>320367879
I hate whoring it out but...WHY NOT SHOVEL KNIGHT?! I mean i'm glad we got at least not Wolf,but Corrin is still depressing.....
>>
>>320364792
>Are you happy?
Mostly.
>What would you change?
Cut Lucina, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit, making them alts and bring back Wolf, like you said. Or give us Hades.

Cut Corrin, give us Wonder Red instead.

Bring back Snake.

Declone Falcondorf even further, give him a few different custom moves.
>>
>with customs covering all of the specials they have different from their bases.
All of Lucas's Smash attacks, aerials, and grab/throw were different from Ness, you quadruple nigger.
>>
>>320368198
>wanting to cut corrin over cutting roy and some other half clone
>wanting to cut the most unique FE character in the whole roster
>>
>>320368329
I'm aware
>>
>>320368349
>wanting to cut the most unique FE character in the whole roster
He didn't even mention Robin though. He was talking about Down B Countering DLC shoeless Robin.
>>
>>320368349
>>wanting to cut corrin over cutting roy and some other half clone
I never wanted Roy back until they made him a fucking badass in 4. He's legitimately good now. Come on son, I can't hate that now. Roy's our fucking boy.

>>wanting to cut the most unique FE character in the whole roster
>Corin
>more unique than Robin
>>
>>320368440
Corrin is more unique then robin, or at least just as much so.

All of robins neutrals, smashs, and areals are sword attacks mnus their jab. lLitterally only Corrin's ground neutrals are sword moves, their smashes and areals.

Personally, if we had a limit of 3 FE characters in Smash 5, I'd rather we get Marth (with lucina and roy alt), Corrin, and Robin over Ike.
>>
>>320368592
Corrin has his dragon transformation attacks and some of his attacks have interesting properties or attributes, like his bair or his side-special. Which is actually pretty cool but Robin is a spellcaster with limited usage on his spells, plus the Leffen Sword which also has limited usage, plus as a part of Robin's play, you can catch items when they're used up and throw them at the enemy, like Peach with her turnips.

Both are interesting but Robin is probably the more unique character.
>>
Drop Lucina, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, Roy, Rosalina
Add Andy and Birthday Suit Samus
>>
>>320364792
>Be realistic

What the fuck does that mean? Before the 3DS version came out, Toon Link was unrealistic. Then Shulk was unrealistic. Before the Wii U version came out, Mewtwo was unrealistic. Then Roy was unrealistic after that. Then a Fourth third Party was unrealistic.

There is no realistic. No patterns, no logic, just the desires of a strange japanese man who could give less of a fuck about what other people want.
>>
I JUST WANTED WOLF

FUCK
>>
>>320365714
There are how many fire emblem characters?
>>
>>320374095
>wasting time on fucking veterans
>>
>>320368040
I too am happy about mewtwos buffs.
>>
File: 1439769711132.jpg (41 KB, 675x374) Image search: [Google]
1439769711132.jpg
41 KB, 675x374
>make lucas a costume for ness
>want wolf back
other lucas then fsmash, up b, neutral b, and uair lucas is his own character. Fuck off.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.