[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best Final Fantasy game and why is it FFX? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: 10.jpg (139 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
139 KB, 1280x1024
What is the best Final Fantasy game and why is it FFX?

I'm just starting another play through and I'm already getting the feels. The characters are all fantastic and the storyline is amazing. I legit tear up at the Macalania Forest cutscene, you all know the one.

Also the sphere grid is one of the best progression systems in an rpg to date, and the battle system is great as well.

This game is a fucking masterpiece
>>
>>320360053
FFVII fags wish their game was this good
>>
>>320360053
The lore is muddy and unclear as fuck, we even had to wait that godawful X-2.5 to even know how aeons were made
Also Yuna and Tidus sound like shit
>>
The characters are shit, the story is shit.

>Tidus is just an autist
>One ally uses a shitty ball as a weapon
>Blitzball is a thing
>You must play Blitzball
>Blitzball
>>
>>320360436
Uuuuh it was pretty obvious from X that the aeons are manifestations of the fayth

>>320360656
Blitzball is fun though
>>
I had been playing FFX recently because I bought it on PSN (the HD remaster) it's not that great I think. It's linear as fuck, the progression seems to take forever. Like there are times I don't realize that I've been playing for 2-3 hours and feel like I barely moved forward.
>>
>>320360847
How were they created?
>>
>>320361134
They were dreamed into existance same as all the other fatty dreams. I haven't played X-2 so unless that changed the lore then yeah, like I said it's pretty obvious...
>>
>>320361057
>linear is bad
I hate this meme
>>
>>320361231
>fatty

Kek stupid fucking auto correct. Fayth
>>
>>320361231
>dreamed into existence
That's so vague it doesn't mean anything
The actual explanation is through intercourse
Remember how Yunalesca's Aeon was her husband?
yes Jecht and Braska fucked
and you faggots wanted the prequel to FFX
>>
FFX was a shit game and it started the trend of Final Fantasy games being absolute garbage, kill yourself for liking it you fucking piece of shit.
>>
I agree with you.

> inb4 I fought that blue haired cuck 146 times before I beat him.
>>
people who hate this game only do so because they couldnt beat seymour
>>
>>320361598
OR they just don't like the game because the characters are stupid and lame, the plot is pretty unremarkable overall, the voice acting is shit, and the only positive thing about it is dat rikku ass. Everything else is complete shit and all FFX fans should just die.
>>
>>320360656
spoony go to sleep
>>
>>320361716
Ok anon, calm down
Tell us, where did Seymour touch you?
Was it on Gagazet?
>>
I'll get flamed for not saying 3,7,10 or 12 but i like lightning returns.
>>
>>320361849
No.
>>
>>320361993
It's a completely different genre of game so it's not that odd.
>>
>>320361598
I aint gonna lie, not beating seymour put a dent in the game for me, but I still love the game.
>>
>>320361993
>best combat
>best CGI
>best loli
>best dresses
>best shotacon
Not liking LR is pleb as fuck
>>
So I downloaded FFXIII and I plan on playing it, but, FUCK, FFVI is coming out on Steam TODAY and then Trails of Cold Steel is coming out on TUESDAY so I'm probably gonna have to put it off for a while. It's nice to have options, though.
>>
>>320361404
they were not 'dreamed' into creation like tidus, they are manifestations of the souls of people who got interred into stone while sleeping.

>jecht and braska fucked

no they didn't.
>>
>>320362286
OP here, FFVI is the only acceptable alternative best FF
>>
FF X gave is definitely one of my favourite. Sphere grid and dark aeons etc. were nicely done
But
9>12>10

I started a 12 izjs run last night, going to be at least 80hrs of fun.
>>
>>320362307
No
A summoner can transform a person into a fayth, the person dies and as a fayth can dream the aeon
And yes they fucked because that's how aeons are made, remember how the wall of the fayth were a bunch of bodies all over each other? There was an orgy, they all died and only then could they dream something as complex as Zanarkand
>>
my dick when everytime Lulu does her winning pose
>>
>>320362714
>being this wrong

it is implied that it can be sexual, but it doesn't have to be, only with someone with strong feelings.

>Back in ancient times during the Machina War the fayth were created by the summoners themselves with the help of someone they shared deep feelings with, in a ritual implied to be sexual in nature, although it is said that is not the only way to make a fayth. The summoner and fayth must then share a mutual sympathy to summon an aeon.
>although it is said that it is not the only way

when yunalesca wants you to off a party member, she says that if the bond is strong enough, it will make the final aeon.

do you really think that Yu Yevon convinced thousands upon thousands of that probably don't know eachother well enough to all come together and screw so he could turn them all into Sin?
>>
>>320363193
Yes
>>
File: 133.jpg (11 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
133.jpg
11 KB, 300x200
>>320363335
>>
File: 1430660657855.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1430660657855.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
>>320360053
>mfw on the boat to luca right now
>mfw named tidus shuyin
>mfw can count on one hand how many battles have happened

Jesus, it's moving pretty slow so far

>playing on ps2, EU version
>>
>>320360656
>One ally uses a shitty ball as a weapon
That thing is death, destroyer of worlds
>>
File: 1448602311784.png (152 KB, 359x302) Image search: [Google]
1448602311784.png
152 KB, 359x302
>>320364221
>Tidus Shuyin
>>
>>320364352
clarifying
>main character named Shuyin instead of tidus
>>
File: 1431346686083.jpg (32 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1431346686083.jpg
32 KB, 480x480
>STOP RIGHT THERE GOERS
MAKE IT END
>>
>>320364463
>Shuyin

i don't know if im being rused, but why that name?
>>
Nah, fuck this, im gonna play ff12 instead
Vayne>Seymour

>>320364676
Villain of FFX-2 who looks exactly like Tidus
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Shuyin
>>
>>320364837
that's what i figured, but i just wanted to make sure.

same thing happened to my cousin who picked that name. he did it because it sounded cooler than tidus, but the didn't understand the significance of it with not having played X2
>>
>>320360053

I still think 7 is better
>>
>>320360053
Yuna was one of the sweetest and best characters in the franchise.
Auron a fallen knight being on a quest to put his old friend down was great.
The combat system actually using status effects was awesome.
The order system allowing for more strats was a fantastic addition.
And for a PS2 game it still looks fucking nice.

That said.
No bonus content worth doing, fuck the butterflies, fuck the lightning dodge, fuck blitzballs slow ass 2D plane, etc.
Fuck the half forgettable cast.
Fuck the pathetic boss let down at the end.
Fuck anything Waka said or did, all of his terrible dialogue.

Sphere grid was okay, but really didn't offer much choice or strategy and spending spheres wisely can quickly overpower you in the same way that makes people hate on FF8 junctioning. X2 did it better but was so retarded it was hard to finish.

I had fun, wouldn't go again. The use of 'its a dream' was actually really good though which is uncommon.
>>
>>320365372
he was all like "remove the al-bhed"
>that time when Lulu said Wakka was too edgy
that line made my laugh a little because Lulu is like all dressed in black and uses black magic.
>>
>>320361993
can i say that i'm loving the humor in this game? seriously, being generous maybe half of it is just bad writing and totally meant to be dark and angsty, but there's undeniably lines where the writers were just like "fuck it, this game's not gonna break 1 mil anyway"

meow meow choco chow
>>
>>320365372
do you think it would have been better if they reversed the difficulty of jecht and yu yevon?
>>
>>320365684
I just remember his fireworks comment and could only think 'what person would say this without being actually clinically retarded'.

I'm sure he was there for comedy relief, but his face is just too punchable.
>>
If not for the:
>forgettable cast (aside from Tidus)
>horrible level design
>unskippable cutscenes
>forced grinding

Then it would be my favorite. But as it is that honor belongs to VII.

>>320360656
>Tidus is just an autist

So like literally every other JRPG protagonist ever?
>>
>>320365838
Neither was hard. Between sphere grid manipulation Jecht was crub stomped fast. It was more the last boss feeling tacked on and less emotional than the fight before it...and it being a jello mold. I really wanted to see more of Auron's sad quest to kill his best friend, Jechts corruption, Yuna facing death to be a savoir, hell even Riku dealing with racism, etc.

Yu yevon was the plot driver, but seemed glossed over. It focused more on Tidus' outsider view of the world and all we ever got was an outsiders view of things at face value.
>>
>>320364837
He's the original
Tidus is the misremembered dream version of Shuyin
>>
Just started a play through on the HD remaster and I'm loving how the characters interact during battle now. Like I hit something with Yuna's basic attack and Lulu says "leave the likes of these to us guardians" or some shit. Pretty cool little addition that I don't remember being in the PS2 version
>>
>>320367389
It was in the ps2 version
I think if you attack a flying monster and miss Wakka says "leave that to me ya?"
>>
>>320367389
I also like it when they sometimes comment on the enemies themselves.
>>
>>320367547
I remember the first couple of fights having stuff like that as sort of a tutorial for which attacks to use on what enemy, but I am on my way to Kilika temple and the random battles in the forest still have dialogue
>>
>>320367625
Yeah I remember them for the whole game
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.