[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yakuza Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: yakuza-5-protagonists.jpg (165 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
yakuza-5-protagonists.jpg
165 KB, 1440x810
Daily Yakuza Thread.
Let's start with showing how fucking awesome Yakuza 0 is.
Kinda spoilers, but it's not like we know japanese.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWD0ULXgQMA
>>
>>320356140
>Daily Yakuza Thread
Stop forcing this shit and fuck off over to /vg/.
>>
>>320356395
Go shitpost about Smash somewhere else, buddy.
>>
>>320356557
Why would I post about Smash? I don't even own the 3ds/WiiU one, and even if I did I'm too busy alternating between TitS SC and Yakuza 5 to have time to play anything else.
>>
>Up 110 points
>AI scores 3 triple 20s in the last round
This happened 6 times in a row before I won, fuck drunken darts.
>>
>>320356784
I hated that AI in Yakuza 3.
>>
Popped back into the Zero demo for a bit, god damn I can't wait for the localization to drop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzcqxCEth8w
>>
>>320356140

>kinda spoilers
>last boss fight

>>320356769

Nobody cares, stop being mad at video game threads you little faggot.
>>
File: 1339670068029.jpg (2 MB, 5000x3026) Image search: [Google]
1339670068029.jpg
2 MB, 5000x3026
>>320356140
>shaved head
this isn't allowed in Japan anon.
>>
>oh look kiryu dropped his leadership role and fucked off to another town again
>oh look taiga is back in prison again
when literally rehashing virtually the games whole world 5+ times wasn't enough, next comes the rehashed stories!

this series literally is modern mega man.
>>
What happened to the strip club in Kamurocho? I wanted to see Saejima off with a good time, but it seems inaccessible?
>>
>>320358339
>oh look Kaz has to come out of retirement/hiding to save the town again
Im sure we all know storys been fucked since 2 due to change of writers.
>>
>>320356140
Playing Yakuza 3 now and just beat Majima for the second time how close to the end am i?
>>
>>320358339

He only ever had a leadership role in the first game for about 15 minutes.

Retard.
>>
>>320358157
>this isn't allowed in Japan anon.
Why, society?
>>
>>320358561
did I misremember the end of 4? it seemed pretty implicit that he wasn't going back to kyushu and was taking over at tojo
>>
>>320358138
>kinda spoilers
>last boss fight

It's not like we know the context.
Just two dragons punching shit out of each other.
>>
>>320358339

Well in 5 he fucked off for completely different reasons to the other games, and Saejima has only ever been in 4.

Using a staple location of the series isn't what I'd call rehashing either. The combat is what's reshashed.
>>
>>320358890
>Using a staple location of the series isn't what I'd call rehashing either.
rehashing is exactly what this is. it's what bravely second, yokai watch 2, and trails sc did. completely reused the first games world with a few little expansions here and there.

they really need to let both kamurocho and kiryu and the tojo go.
>>
>>320358549
any one?
>>
>>320359207
>they really need to let both kamurocho and kiryu and the tojo go

Then they might as well make a completely different series.
>>
>>320358673
Shaved heads in Japanese culture are linked to 'shame' or if you want to go further back 'dishonor', while in the west its done largely for pragmatic reasons (military etc.).

You have to remember man in Japanese history Ronin roamed around with shaved heads after they lost their chonmage.
>>
I've never played a Yakuza game before but look interested and LOVED Binary Domain to the point where I think it's characters are some of the best of all time.
>NI HAO

I only have a PS4 at the moment, is it worth me playing Yakuza 0 or should I scrounge for a PS3 to play the others?
>>
>>320359515
why? as each game has shown there are other parts of japan and other yakuza groups out there. retire kamurocho, push tojo into the background, build up an exciting new town and group for a couple games, then have the oldfags return for an inevitable clash
>>
>>320359672

If they were going to retire Kiryu as they should've by now, it would have been with 3's ending.
>>
Gonna agree to being tired of spending 50+ hours in Kamuro every single game. 4 packed it to the brim and 5 took away much of what 4 and previous games had added. The only way to freshen it up now is to literally expand the map outwards more but they won't even do that. A true new town would be fantastic, but the devs are dead set on creating 3 block long side-"towns" and falling back on Kamuro as the big star. I wanted more Okinawa dammit. Great tropical setting, with fresher looking npcs, buildings, etc.
>>
>>320359672

Then who would be the focus of Like A Dragon, which focuses on Kiryu?

People seem to forget this game isn't simply called Yakuza in Japan.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-05-20-02h55m23s214.png (908 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-05-20-02h55m23s214.png
908 KB, 1280x720
>it's freezing out here
SHIT, SAEJIMA, I DUNNO, HAVE YOU TRIED, LIKE, BUTTONING UP YOUR COAT?
>>
>>320361170
He has no time for that, gotta find BABAAAAA also known as SHIDEKIII
>>
>the finale chapter
What the fuck is up with this story?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.