[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like going off on a bit of a rambling here, so yeah.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 95cIH[1].jpg (121 KB, 1366x706) Image search: [Google]
95cIH[1].jpg
121 KB, 1366x706
I feel like going off on a bit of a rambling here, so yeah.

As many shitty "Minecraft meets Call of Duty!" games as there are, I really wish there were a Minecraft style game with simple FPS gameplay. It'd have to have some tight controls and good gamefeel in terms of movement.

It would be infinitely fun if done right.
>Survival elements and resource gathering
>Hunting, fortress/base building
>Large scale team games of warfare on those massively generated maps rich with all different types of terrain and environments.

Not to mention the easy built in map editor for regular old DM/TDM modes without the survival features for old arcadey shootemup fun.

I just know if a game like this was implemented right and stably, it'd be amazing. That is all.
>>
>What is Ace of Spades?
>>
Ace of space you fucking autist. The old one. Not the shit jagex did
>>
>>320342921
it's very clear you have no idea what you're talking about and i was embarrassed to read this
>>
>>320343039
That's an example of one of the shitty ones I was talking about.

They messed up the balance, and the block building feature in that game is essentially useless. Also it doesn't contain the survival and crafting elements I'm referring to.

Also there's no user content capabilities as far as I know.
>>
>>320343207
>They messed up the balance, and the block building feature in that game is essentially useless
use the old one. The one where building actually matters and you only had one gun
>>
>>320343192
Why?

I've played Ace of Spades, the original game it was based on, and none of them have the survival/resource gathering of MC. It's just block-based.

I'm talking more than just removing and placing blocks
>>
/int/craft has a gun plug in this iteration which work pretty well, it uses town rather than plug ins for better rp based factions and certain blocks have better recipes for better be building
>>
>>320343307
I have played that game, it's fun for what it is, but I'm talking about implementation of the resource finding/variety of generated terrain of MC. I'm not just saying I want a shooter where you can break blocks and put blocks down, a little more than that
>>
I would rather have a game where you are a colonist and you build a settlement or a fort. The fps aspect would be reduced to using muskets and pistols.
>>
>>320342921
Right, so a voxel based survival game with guns and multiplayer.
Uhh, I think there is a zombie one called 7 days to die. To be fair with you though sounds like any old crafting based early acess mandatory open world survival game, teams are just shit to enforce on those without the addition of vocel construction.
And the 'regular old tdm' just sounds like AoS before gaygex thst was really fun.
>>
>>320342921
Id check out 7 days to die since it got a massive update recently or unturned which is free to play
>>
>>320343970
Well yeah, but in essence, all that stuff wrapped up into one would be a great game I think.

Also I just tend to love games that allow for user created maps online.

Have a regular old DM/TDM/CTF/etc features for old school arcade shootan with people.

Then have a mode that acts more like the survival mode of MC, with properly implemented guns and maybe some more crafting possibilites that fit towards gun gameplay.
>>
Unturned might be up your alley

Essentially DayZ and Minecraft
>>
Part of why I like MC quite a bit, is the user content share-ability. It's neat to be able to make your own maps, and be able to go online and find tons of them (even if there are a lot of shit ones to sift through)
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.