[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cyberpunk 2077 is gonna suck if CDPR listens to the fans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: forum-bg.jpg (641 KB, 2144x1430) Image search: [Google]
forum-bg.jpg
641 KB, 2144x1430
Look at these shit ideas for the combat system:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/27012-Combat-system

>Melee combat with complexity of Dark Souls/Witcher 2 and fluidity and overall slickness of Batman games

>Melee and firearms could be darn near identical to Sleeping Dogs and I wouldn't complain a bit.

>Something like the VATS system for Fallout New Vegas, to make better use of Cybernetic augmentation also wouldn't be out of line...

>I agree with others who cite Arkham City, TW2 and Sleeping Dogs.

These people actually think Batman Arkham and Sleeping Dogs have good melee combat, holy shit... and judging by how Witcher 3's combat played out, I can tell this game is gonna fucking SUCK. They need to outsource the combat to someone like Platinum Games, or just can this game altogether.
>>
I like CDPR but have any of their games not had absolute shit combat? Honestly.

Guns are only going to make it worse.
>>
>>320337308
Like I said, they need to outsource the gameplay to a competent dev, or just scrap this project. Really not interested in Witcher 3 combat with guns slapped on.
>>
>Muh Souls combat

Every time.
>>
cyberpunk is inherently shit, so the gameplay being shit would match
>>
>>320337160
>outsource to platinum
>first cyborg fight
>throw them up in the air
>chop them into a million pieces and remove their spine
>crush in hand to regain health
sounds good to me
>>
>>320337160
god these posts wtf

>I literally cannot hype the hand to hand fighting in sleeping dogs enough... it is the best implementation of hand to hand fighting I have ever seen in a game like that...

This person obviously never played Godhand.
>>
>>320337612
shame this is how it'll actually play:

>first cyborg fight
>roll to the left, punch him twice
>roll to avoid laser, punch him 3 times
>roll to avoid his punches, punch him 3 more times
>use your sign I mean CYBERPOWER to burn him
>punch him some more times

Good game.
>>
>wanting the VATS system
>actually liking the fucking VATS system

jesus christ
>>
>>320337704
>I have ever seen in a game like that...
I don't think God Hand has a lot in common with Sleeping Dogs.

The real question is why do they all want combat similar to other open world games when they could be looking to better sources for inspiration.
>>
>>320338231
Godhand is the best melee combat in any game period.
>>
>>320337396
How the fuck would what you're saying even work? Is the MC going to twirl in the air shooting bullets all around?
>>
The combat in the previous games has been fine and /v/ just bitches to bitch. It's gonna be great :)
>>
wow what a shit thread

>i can tell the game is going to suck from random posts on a forum
>you need to outsource the combat to platinum only they can make epic combat!!!
>>
>>320337160
Shit, I think we need to know type of game they are making before deciding on a battle system. But boy, I hope they make better than witcher 3
>>
File: 1450222433564.jpg (238 KB, 1284x980) Image search: [Google]
1450222433564.jpg
238 KB, 1284x980
>>320337543

wew lad
>>
>>320337160
they should use shooter mechanics for the combat since they can't make a decent hack and slash combat system to save their lives
>>
>>320337160
Is this seriously the first time you've seen kids go "man this game should be x game combined with x game with abilities/features/graphics from x game"? You were probably that kid too at some point. No good company ever listens to these.
>>
>>320340195
>Is the MC going to twirl in the air shooting bullets all around?

That actually sounds a fair bit like cyberpunk, on paper anyway. But I imagine they'd be twirling at nearly the speed of sound.
>>
Do we even know it is going to be a singleplayer game? I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be some co-op multiplayer garbage.
>>
>>320337160
When they're trash but at least they aren't Dark Souls tier trash.
>>
>>320337160
As long as they stick with Witcher 3 combat system it wouldn't be that bad.
Hope they want listen to the kids and copy Dark Souls "press x 5 times to kill anything" garbage combat.
>>
>>320342478
I don't know how it could possibly be multiplayer while still being faithful to the source material. The original game is very heavy on the idea of perception altering body and mind modifications. The type of situation where from your perspective you're casually walking through a busy street lightly bumping into people, but in reality you're moving incredibly fast and each brush breaks somebody's arm.
>>
>>320337160
>this fucking pleb actually thinks platinum make good combat holy shit
>>
>>320337612
>platinum
I am sick of this meme
>>
>Soulsfags
Not even once
>>
>>320342841
I consider myself a Soulsfag, and I really would not like to see Soulslike combat in 2077.

It just wouldn't work.
It's going to be TPS/FPS, so they should just focus on making a competent shooter.
>>
>>320337160
>CDPR listening to "fans"

That's funny.
>>
>>320342651
What the fuck are they going to do with Witcher 3 combat in a futuristic shooter
>>
>>320337160
the "fans" have been shit since witcher 2 gained them some popularity what did you expect?
>>
>make this game like a combination of other games

How about something original
>>
>>320337396
How the fuck would you even outsource the gameplay? You think they're just going to make all the levels, assets, models and then ship it off to some jap developer hoping it all turns out okay?
>>
>>320344105
NO!

That's fucking STUPID you GODDAMN RETARDED MOTHEFUCKER

DO YOU FUCKING KNOW NOTHING ABOUT VIDEO GAMES?
THAT IS ALWAYS THE WORST IDEA GODDAMNIT I HOPE YOU FUCKING DIE
YOU ARE A FUCKING TUMOR ON EXISTENCE
>>
>>320337160
>Platinum Games
ah, so mash a button to win. sounds fun.
>>
>>320337308

>absolute shit combat?

Second post crazy hyperbole. If it was absolute shit it would be nigh unplayable or barely functional.

Man I wish people on this board would expand their vocabulary and ability to describe things. Or if they know what they're talking about stop being lazy by just describing everything that isn't the best in its field as "shit."
>>
>>320344461
this post is pretty shit
>>
>>320344485

You're a funny cunt. Real clever.
>>
File: 1409787717407.jpg (23 KB, 616x699) Image search: [Google]
1409787717407.jpg
23 KB, 616x699
This thread and the link in OP is horrible.
How are you guys so fucking stupid?
>>
I just hope it's not going to be another edgy perpetual nighttime and rain setting.
>>
>>320337160
It doesn't matter the game is gonna suck anyways just like every other game that came out this year sucked. Video games suck; all of them suck, they have always sucked, and they will continue to suck for the rest of all existence.
except for kingdom hearts 3 that shit looks pretty rad yo
>>
>>320344227
lmao nerd
>>
>>320343260
There are melee classes I assume.
>>
It's going to suck regardless.
>>
>>320344461
/v/ is a very binary place. It's either fucking amazing holy shit it changed my life or fucking worst thing ever I can't believe anyone can play this it's shit. As for Witcher 3's combat it's not awful but it's not great, I don't get why /v/irgins think it's the worst thing ever and call it shit like it's completely irredeemable.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.