[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For anyone here who is a fan of the Tales series, is Zestiria
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (536 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
536 KB, 1920x1080
For anyone here who is a fan of the Tales series, is Zestiria any good, or not?
>>
Yes. Fuck the haters.
>>
Its okay
>>
>>320322361
Good enough, nothing too special.
Buy radiant historia instead of tales though
>>
It's fine now that it's been patched. Still probably the most forgettable Tales game.
>>
Its garbage.
>>
Just emulate Abyss or Symphonia for a free and better Tales experience. Zestiria is bottom of the barrel.
>>
I'd rank it dead center.

I don't think I'll remember it in a couple of years, outside of the massive marketing screw up. The sad thing is I actually enjoyed the world, I just wasn't a fan of the story they decided to tell. I only really enjoyed one or two characters of the group and some of them just get shafted.
>>
Why do Tales fans hate Tales games so much?
>>
It's pretty good, I liked it. Only issues I had was the camera and that they kicked Alisha out of the story. But then I ended up liking her replacement more than her anyway.
>>
>>320322361
How much are you willing to spend on a bad game?
Which system do you plan on buying it for?
It really comes down to you.

Is it even 1/10th as good as Tales of Xillia 2? Absolutely not.
>>
>>320322361
It's not too bad. Hate the gear fusion system with a fiery passion. Camera is mildly annoying. Base plot is okay, just the whole base concept of it was poorly thought out. The whole humans turning seraphs into hellions or becoming hellions themselves just by thinking bad things just has too many plot holes or unexplained bits.

Otherwise some great characters and fun humor. Combat is fun for the most part. Just expect an average tales game seems to be the consensus.
>>
>>320322849
Baba fucks up every single game. He can release a game that has one or two things right, but never everything. Even when all the pieces of success exist, he messes with the formula and it falls short.
>>
>>320322981
>implying Xillia 2 was good

shit taste, right fucking there
>>
>>320322849
Because tales are bad games and they like hurting themselves.
>>
>>320322849
Old Tales fags VS Actual Tales fags, since it became 3D they added more weeb bullshit and a lot of people doesn't like weebshit
>>
>>320322981

I liked it more than Xillia 2. Xillia 2 had a nice story but it was 99% reused assets and wasted concepts. I'm not even sure why they bothered with having two millas when they just killed off the new milla before she did anything worthwhile.
>>
>>320322361
they fucked up the gameplay. Sorey feels fucking uncontrollable because he just jumps teleports and multi hits for no reason.
The frame rate is horrendous and I normally never complain about that shit, but you can literally count the enemy frames
>>
>>320322361
it's a decent JRPG, but a terrible "tales of" game.
its nothing like the previous games combat
>>
It's shit captain.
Only PCucks that played it as their first Tales like it.
>>
>>320322849
Only Xillia and Zestiria. The rest are good.
>>
>>320322361

It's ok, not great but not bad.

It suffers from a massive amount of what could have been, they had some wonderful ideas and designs but then didn't put everything into the game. You end up feeling like there are gaps in the story and world as you go along.

Still worth a playthrough for sure, it's nowhere near as bad as the whiny babies make it out to be.
>>
>>320322361
I'll break it up in segments for you from a rpg lover. All of these are my opinions of course.

>Graphics.
Gorgeous honestly. The fields are great to travel on and it really gives you a feeling of a vastness. The dungeons however get repetitive and unamusing.

>Gameplay
It's fluid and they tried to add in a lot of depth but it all just falls flat on it's face when all you need to do is grind in an area for 30 or so minutes and be able to take out any boss in stride.
Don't even bother with the crafting system that shit is just too much. idk wtf they were thinking with that.

>Story
I think it starts out pretty good and had a lot of potential. But then Rose showed up and literally destroyed the entire narrative for me. To put simply she really just reduces Sorey into a sock puppet for Laliah.

>OST
Not bad. But it is forgettable.
>>
File: latest[1].png (19 KB, 128x192) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
19 KB, 128x192
>>320322640
My nigga.
>>
>>320323528
Learn the combat. He does not just teleport randomly.
>>
>>320322361
i liked it, but it felt short and coop camera is garbage, get the fps unlocker mod
>>
>>320323750
It's my fifth Tales game and I think it's pretty good.

dwi
>>
>>320322361
The camera is horrible. Spell casting enemies are ridiculous. Equipment system is like SMT fusion tedious. Sorey is useless compared to Rose.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.