[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to start playing this. What am I in for? Any tips?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 9
File: fallout.jpg (12 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
fallout.jpg
12 KB, 284x177
About to start playing this. What am I in for? Any tips?
>>
The UI was clunky for it's time and the overall design is a bit dated. If you can look past that you'll find a very fine role playing game with some great writing.

Think about the sort of character that you want to play before you dive in.
>>
Hey.

Play the fucking game. Make your own choices.
>>
Agility is your most important stat get a lot of that, don't bother with charisma it is worthless. Make a lot of backup saves it can save your run in these old RPGs. Always aim for the eyes when targeting. You can hire Ian to come with you and then steal the money right back because stealing doesn't count against familiars. Max out small guns first you will get energy weapons and big guns towards the end of the game. Barter, outdoorsmen, and surival are all worthless skills.
>>
File: 1420667103029.png (434 KB, 571x540) Image search: [Google]
1420667103029.png
434 KB, 571x540
Agi is dump stat, charisma and Str are where it's at

now fuck off and play you moron
>>
>>320317210
AG 1 + Bruiser is the way to go
>>
File: 1446711546242.jpg (36 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1446711546242.jpg
36 KB, 500x600
Save often
>>
>>320317210
Agility is very good, but you can make it through with average points in it just fine in spite of what the people here will tell you.
>>
>>320317210
Agility is the most important stat for every character, set it to 9 or 10.
Charisma is completely useless, leave it at 1.
>>
File: 1415569322953.jpg (12 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
1415569322953.jpg
12 KB, 250x236
>>320318283
>>320318203
>>320317812
>seriously recommending agility

what happened to this place? I thought I could trust /v/ to actually be helpful when anon is in desperate need of help
>>
>>320318472
They are right,Charisma in F1 is useless (just like any fallout besides 2) just as followers,
>>
>>320317210
A boring over rated dated piece of crap you will either quit after dying constantly, or after a few hours and boredom sets in.

Then it will sit on your desktop for years since it's not even a gigabyte, as a game you think you should probably play, but never will, until you replace your computer and forget about it.
>>
Charisma is the actual dump stat, agility is overrated but pretty useful. Don't drop it down to 1, 4 is pretty optimal and 2 is the absolute minimum for agility, unless you're going for the perks.
>>
>>320320389
How the fuck do you even do anything?
>>
>>320320470
2 agility is enough for aimed shots, 4 agility is enough to pump it up to 10 with relative ease when needed
>>
>>320320683
I meant in the picture. How are you supposed to do anything with 2 AP?
>>
>>320320865
You do a lot of drugs if you absolutely need to go to combat, otherwise you let your companions handle everything and try to talk your way through everything

2x psycho, 2x buffout, 2x jet, 1x jet antidote and you have 12 AP
>>
File: 1).jpg (5 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
1).jpg
5 KB, 226x223
>>320317817
>charisma is important in FO1
KEK
>>
>>320317812
>outdoorsmen
>Useless

It allows you to skip past most of the bullshit random encounters in the overworld.
>>
File: yabba my icing.gif (2 MB, 372x323) Image search: [Google]
yabba my icing.gif
2 MB, 372x323
>>320321237
>CPU set to 1.4 GHz
>World map travel is fucking SO GOD DAMNED SLOW
>Takes 2 minutes to walk from Vault 13 to Shady Sands
>All of those fucking encounters
>Ran out of 10mm after the 12th encounter, before even leaving the grid on the map that Vault 13 was located on
>Ended up running away from raiders, rats and scorpions, each of whom would take free hits at me as I tried to escape
>2 real time hours into the game after several reloads, drag myself with both legs missing on a bed of my entrails into shady sands
>Oh yes we'll tell you of this water chip... if you help us kill some scorpions
>MFW
>>
>>320319137
I was like you once, then I got gud, leveled up, put points into small guns so I only miss like 10% of the time. You just gotta play smart son, this isn't 3D fallout where you're a superhuman demigod, you're just like everybody else in fallout 1, you gotta earn the right to be as strong as you are in fallout 3 or nv. You have to think, take your time, be creative, old games take more skill then new ones.
>>
File: 1371335200884.gif (2 MB, 382x369) Image search: [Google]
1371335200884.gif
2 MB, 382x369
>>320321705
More on that story
>Do that
>Somehow also get dragged into freeing mayor's daughter from the raiders nearby
>Still dragging my mortally wounded self around in the wasteland, cursing every time I saw that fucking lightning bolt
>Finally get to the raiders
>Everybody making snarky-ass comments as I slither in, still holding my intestines inside my gouged belly, getting real tired of these raiders and their shit.
>Make lots of screaming grunts and curses at the Raider, manage to cough out that I will fucking end him if he doesn't let Tandy go
>Apparently the sight of a man who is disemboweled with broken legs, crawling around is unnerving to this warlord and he actually believes I will destroy his ass
>Crawl my way back to Sandy Shores
>Been playing for a week off and on, barely made any progress
>Still a miserable mess of blood, torn flesh and spilling guts with no way to defend myself
>Okay here is our vault, fucking finally assholes
>After what seems like an ETERNITY thanks to low CPU clock and an innumerable amount of shitty random encounters later, make it to Vault 15
>Sneak past the molerats, accepting my fate as the human slug, leaving a trail of blood everywhere I slither
>Finally make it inside the vault
>MFW the elevator is broken and I don't have any rope to climb down with
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.