[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that the best Zelda game is Okami.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: amaterasu smash.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
amaterasu smash.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Daily reminder that the best Zelda game is Okami.
>>
>>320312860
Its pretty good desu senpai, but i would argue 2D zelda is superior
>>
>>320312860
Play it every winter
>>
File: AmeterasuSmash.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
AmeterasuSmash.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>320312860
Lemme fix that for ya.
>>
>>320312860
Nope. I love the game, but it's much too long and easy. Also the combat isn't as good.

Twilight Princess it the best for dungeons, Wind Waker for everything else.
>>
>>320313551
Combat is leagues better than any Zelda. The brush is a unique and extremely fun to use mechanic that beats anything Zelda has ever had. Yes the game is fairly easy but so is every Zelda game
>>
>>320313551
I never got why people complain about the combat. It's a "button mashing simulator", sure, but so is Zelda. And you use brush techniques more than Zelda uses items, so...
>>
I liked Okami but found it to be boring at times, dungeons were medicore in comparison to Zelda games
>>
>>320314428
You button mash in Zelda and you will get killed. Twilight Princess has good combat and that's generally the game that everyone compares Okami too. I've never played Okami but to me it looks like a third of what Twilight Princess offers as far as combat options.

>Wolf mode: Okami
>Human mode: ...
>Horseback mode: ...

In TP, the wolf mode is pretty button mashy, but when you get into human mode it's the game that inspired the Souls series by inventing dodge-rolling and on-spot item combinations. And then the horseback fighting, there's nothing mashy about it since you have to shuffle between projectiles and timed sword slashes.

OP should have called this thread: Ways that the (at the time) worse 3D Zelda embarrassed the PS2's best game.
>>
>Daily reminder that the best 3D Zelda game is Okami.
FTFY
>>
>>320315349
Okami sounds like it is Twilight Princess' wolf mode with The Wind Waker's dungeons.
>>
>>320315690
>"I've never played x but it looks-"
Discarded.
>>
>>320312860
i've tried to play okami on 3 separate occasions and got bored out of my mind all 3 times

what do people see in this game again?
>>
>>320316518
How far did you get?
>>
>>320316518
They see a game they found fun.
I like it, but I can't hold it to someone for not liking it.
>>
>>320315829
It is. Okami contains most of the problems Twilight Princess had in a much worse way.
It's way easier, more hand-holdy, the pacing is even more fucked up, it is sometimes very tedious and the dungeons are worse (but to be fair, dungeons were one of the very few things Twilight Princess did right).

Tbh, Okami looks beautiful, but is very overrated.
>>
>>320316518
Okami tutorials for wayy too long. If you manage to get past it, it has some of the most hype moments in any video game
>>
File: 1400041078225.jpg (1 MB, 1464x1024) Image search: [Google]
1400041078225.jpg
1 MB, 1464x1024
>>320312860
In my opinion it ties with MM and OOT as best games ever created.
>>
>>320315829
Even Wind Waker has better dungeons than Okami, but yeah i do somewhat agree with that.

>>320316518
Okami was great because it was a unique take on the Zelda formula, but i do agree that its gameplay was a bit boring
>>
>>320316518
Yeah, the beginning is boring and slow as molasses.
>>
>>320312860
I 'm replaying right now and fuck, this game is as handholdy as skyward sword at least Issun is better than Fi and the brush is really fun despite that some of the techniques are useless.
>>
>>320313803
>Yes the game is fairly easy but so is every Zelda game

Oh please, you don't get to cop out with that. Okami is a practically on rails experience that solves itself for you. At its absolute best its slightly better than TP, but Zelda has so much more to offer than that it doens't need mentioning.

Okami doesn’t have the full on exploratory experience of the mainline titles like LoZ or OoT, not does it offer the intricacy of the secondary titles like MM. It's simply a much shallower game.

>>320316834
This is true, and I only see the most hipster people deny it. Okami is 'lite' Zelda through and through.
>>
No, Okami/Alundra/Darksiders/fucking whatever are not "the best Zelda games", they aren't even better than the worst Zelda games, they are just passable attempts at semi-Zelda-like games from companies that aren't Nintendo. This meme is so tiresome.
>>
>>320312860
I thought SotC was supposed to be The Best Zelda Game(tm).
Or was that DaS?

I can't even remember all these retarded opinions anymore.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.