[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOW TO HAVE FUN IN BETH GAMES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
I've finally done it. I figured out how to enjoy Bethesda's shitty fucking games.

>Mod the game beyond recognition.
>Create your own story, and stick to it.
>Avoid ALL other quests.
>Get creative.

This works because you're effectively circumventing Bethesda's awful writing. You just need a good imagination. Personally, I set up camp in Skyrim and go out hunting deer, elk, bears and wolves throughout the wilderness. I set the timescale to 8 to make daily routines manageable: wake up at 6, eat breakfast, go exploring for animals, start hunting, poatch and skin my prey, get back in time for nightfall. Once a week leave all my gear behind in the camp, sport a rugsack, and travel into a nearby tavern (or town) to sell my wares. Socialize with NPCs while there, and stay the night. Go back to camp, pack up, move somewhere new and rinse and repeat. This has been more immersive to me than any quest I've come across in the game.

Basically, just play the game how it's meant to be played: like a sandbox. Manage your expectations for these games, and you can actually have a really good time.
>>
i have a similar system, except it goes:

>play something else
>>
>>320293281
Not bad , here are my steps :
Install the game,play it the way it was meant to be with 0 mod, have fun while not being a faggot.
>>
>>320294127

The problem with this is, it gets repetitive and ultimately boring after 10+ hours. It's the reason why we're seeing people left and right uninstall Fallout 4 to go back and play more Skyrim. Fallout 4 is just really shit for roleplaying in.
>>
>>320293281
are you autistic? doing this makes this shallow shitpile even more shallow

you just spam arrows at generic wildlife and talk to placeholder npcs with generic one-liners

fucking retard

take his advice >>320293651
>>
i am gay and my thread is garbage
>>
>play the game "properly" and do every quest and visit every shitty copypaste dungeon out of compulsion
>100 hours of mostly boring as fuck and compulsive bar filling gameplay, only 10 of which were even remotely enjoyable

>install sex mods to get fucked and fuck everything with a dildo, and a mod to be able to kill every npc on the game and disregard all shitty "quests"
>most fun i've ever had on an open world game
>>
File: 1449927391173.jpg (28 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
1449927391173.jpg
28 KB, 500x330
>>320293281
>>
>>320296532

This guy gets it. Why are the rest of you such flaming faggots? Do you really enjoy Todd's games are they are now, or do you just avoid them all together? I can respect the latter reason.
>>
I mean do what you want to do

Sounds pretty okay to me

My Skyrim mod setup uses ASIS, EFF, and Skytweak to create battles where my massive waifu army defeats hordes of undead

I have the game set up in such a way that aside from dragons and other bosses, if you can't one shot it, then you probably two shot it

Makes the combat more interesting
>>
>>320298069

>I have the game set up in such a way that aside from dragons and other bosses, if you can't one shot it, then you probably two shot it. Makes the combat more interesting

Holy shit, this. Which of the mods you listed allow you to do that?
>>
>>320299839
Requiem is the best mod for these kind of things.
>>
>>320293281

Get these mods:

>Dead is Dead
>iNeeds
>Frostfall
>Deadly Combat
>Growing up in Skyrim
>Random Alternate Start

You start out a kid and you grow up according to your level. If you die at all, the game is over. It makes you play far more conservatively, and the excitement of battle is great. You are pretty vulnerable as a level 1 child, so I appreciate the extended focus on survival. It makes the game fresh again from my experience.
>>
The only problem with this is that it only takes a couple of hours for you to realise just how empty and un-engaging these games are.
>>
>>320293281
Oddly enough that was pretty much what I did with my first run of Oblivion & I really enjoyed it.
>be lizardman spending hours in char creator
>get out of jail
>hadn't been listening to the septim so just think the game is about doing my own shit
>end up murdering a taverner in his sleep because fuck his rip-off prices
>go to bed & get visited by dark brotherhood
>gradually become lord edgemeister

Then I found out there was actually a main quest, started a new game as an orc who did everything the game wanted him to do, & had a terrible time
>>
>>320301094

That sounds pretty sweet. I'm saving this list for later.

>>320301140

Yes, you immediately realize how empty they are, and it was exactly what made me uninstall Fallout 4 after just 30 hours. I'm so happy I didn't sink anymore time in it. But it also makes you appreciate the fun you can have if you can just treat it like a sandbox. I've installed Skyrim for like the 7th time after 1000+ hours and I'm still having fun just being left to my own devices.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.