[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do I get good at this game?, all I can do is sit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 485x303) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 485x303
How the fuck do I get good at this game?, all I can do is sit back and take pot shots before being mortared
>>
File: sam.jpg (63 KB, 768x960) Image search: [Google]
sam.jpg
63 KB, 768x960
what the fuck is it you spazlord
>>
>>320289078
Can you not see the picture?
>>
>>320288409
welcome to war, sonny!
>>
>Recognize helmets
>Russians and Us run with weapons in hand, Jap Germany run with it at the side
>Dont be a one man team, almost never works
>Your team leaders are usually just that. listen to them and follow your squad
>You can shoot through wood
>Almost never stand up straight
>You are NOT A ONE MAN TEAM. YOUR K/D RATIO MEANS SHIT. GO FOR OBJECTIVE.

You will die. alot. You are a nobody soldier running into the meat grinder, not some super soldier so dont expect it. Teamwork wins the game. Squad talk and team talk can change the battle field. Getting good at this game takes time but it fucking pays off.
>>
>>320289757
What he said. Remember to always use cover, too.
>>
>>320288409
>use cover
>use a good gun, any bolt action rifle for example
>be aware of your surroundings
>get a good friend and play as a team
that should be it
>>
>>320289757
Thought I noticed something about the rifles, I try to hang back and just shoot whoever pops their head up
>>
>>320290083
remember to never use cover you meant right?

the cover system is bugged and it most of the time just fucks you up
>>
>>320288409
Calm down.
Don't get excited when you see someone.
Aim carefully, pace your shots.
Aim for the center of mass, usually a torso shot will kill.
Stay in cover.

The most important thing is not to get excited, be methodical and remember that you rarely get a second shot.
>>
is this glitchy as fuck for anyone else?
>>
>>320288409
Turn on manual bolting
>>
find a bush to hide in and camp, occasionaly crawling forward
if you want to get into a position to fire, find something that masks your silhouette. moving targets and guys looking out of cover from doorways are easiest to see.
don't bother playing sniper class, it's useless on 90% of all maps. its only good on very open maps that allow you to shoot the enemy spawn from your spawn
>>
>>320290278
If you see a couple people moving up, go with them. ALSO, I forgot about a couple very important things:
>If you can see through it, you can shoot through it. If there is a very tiny hole in the wall, you can get a good standing
>The other guy was right, dont use cover system, but use COVER. Laying down in a bush is the deadliest thing you can do.
>COUNT YOUR FUCKING BULLETS. 5 shots on bolt action, 10 elite, ect,
Seriously that last part. hearing *CLICK* when an enemy is on you happends alot.
>>
File: 1430165595145.webm (1 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1430165595145.webm
1 MB, 960x540
>>320288409
forget everything you've learned about Cowadooteh, and git gud.

This is literally one of those games where the first ~10 hours, you WILL suck and die. A lot.

It's a small help, but do play through the "single player". It's literally a tutorial.

>>320290601
Nope. What's your issue?
>>
>>320291116
retard

sniper is for killing mounted guns / commanders. learn to play
>>
File: 2014-08-04_00001.jpg (228 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2014-08-04_00001.jpg
228 KB, 1920x1080
>>320290601
yes

>>320292194
>What's your issue?
not him, but glitchy movement mostly, getting stuck in terrain and animations bugging out
>>
>>320292427
what the fuck do you need the scope for? literarily git gud
scope is only useful for seeing through the shitty fog at 200 meters
>>
>>320288409
Stay low move slow
>>
>>320292932
And that's why you shoot the mg from over 200m in shitty fog.
>>
is this RO2?
>>
>>320292194
Glitching under the map, rubber banding even with good ping
>>
>>320288409
go for automatic guns, loot dead sl ect
dont use all your stamina, it effects the chance of you surviving a bullet
mark arty if you are a squad leader
practice shooting from the hip and you will be better than most players
if you fire your gun a few times over cover than an enemy is hiding behind he will enter shock and not be able to see anything for about 5 seconds
staying alive and picking people off slowly is allot more fun than running in and dieing 10 times in a row
>>
>>320288409

>get fast SSD
>load first every round
>pick the best weapon (for example mkb42, svt-40, bar)
>rape everything
>dont play nip if you are noob
>>
>>320294582
I've only ever witnessed that stuff happening on community-made maps. Which, unfortunately, do make quite a chunk of the game's maps nowadays.

I got a feeling that no real testing went into the latest couple batches. The old vanilla maps of RO2 / RS are fine.
>>
>>320294280
the only place where people use mg like that is that dumb market map where both sides just camp the buildings. on other maps they just camp chokepoints from cover and are never actually visible, just like commanders.
>>
Hold R instead of tapping it to get an estimate of how many rounds you have left.
>>
>>320288409

Remember that on sub-50m ranges guns are hitscan and over 50m ranges they have actual ballistics. So don't lead close shots.
>>
>>320294924
That stopped working for some reason
>>
>>320294842

You mean Fallen Fighters' Square where the Germans start in the Univermag department store and the Popovs in the Technical School? Read a little about the war, Jesus.
>>
>>320288409
learn how to not die first
then go for objectives
>>
>>320295234
theres no point in reading about singular battles. i'm not a commander, i wouldn't learn anything from it.
better to read kz documents to expose the lies
>>
>camp
>or flank

that's the whole game
>>
Is it just me, or are all the Rising Storm maps terribly optimized? They all run considerably worse than any of the base RO2 maps.
>>
File: Attacking Apartments.gif (2 MB, 330x188) Image search: [Google]
Attacking Apartments.gif
2 MB, 330x188
>>320288409
>Most Germans wear helmets, except for the TL
>Most Russians wear soft hats, like ushankas. Russian Machine Gunners wear Soviet helmets though.
>Play rifleman at least until you've played all the maps in a campaign
>Get in the cap
>Turn on manual bolting
>Resupply MGs when you see them (Left Ctrl)
>While holding a grenade press melee (MMB) and to throw it underhand
>Never get in the line of fire of a teammate. Always go around players who are stationary
>Turn on Native Voices (optional)
>Wait for smoke grenades to fully spread
>Press M to check your map
>Listen to your TL when he says check your map
>Stay away from the the flashing red explosion on your map
>Check your map before you throw a grenade. Blue and Green dots in front of you? Don't throw a grenade.
>Seriously, you'll spend a lot of time looking at your map.
>Get in the fucking cap
>>
File: 1306269590281.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1306269590281.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
If you're new remember to always pick the German team.
>>
>>320295821
I think it's all the foliage. Every RO2 maps run at a constant 60 FPS except for Demyansk, which has ferns everywhere in the beginning.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.