[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we get a fallout4 Plot holes thread? Honestly this games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 15
File: face.png (214 KB, 268x346) Image search: [Google]
face.png
214 KB, 268x346
Can we get a fallout4 Plot holes thread?

Honestly this games story makes no fucking sense and its getting annoying the more i think of it.

First of all why does the boston area only get hit with 1 nuke. Even the Mojave which had Mr.house Defenses was still hit by 9.

Who was kellog talking about when he said "I guess the old man didnt want any loose ends"

Why would father make a synth of his 10 year old self and let a 100 year old man hang out with him 60 years later.

Why didnt father just use the same pieces of tech used to prolong kellogs life to prolong his own.

I cant be the only one that notices this garbage.
>>
File: 1446691252952.jpg (46 KB, 720x773) Image search: [Google]
1446691252952.jpg
46 KB, 720x773
I guess Kellog meant Father senpai

My question is whether gen 3 synths are machines, like an advanced cyborg kinda terminator thing, or theyre literally all bone and flesh, wound together n shit. If the former, how the hell do the synths not know theyre a synth, and not human? Surely they'll weigh a lot or something, not need to eat or get affected by radiation
>>
>>320290097
Gen 3's are flesh and bone with sime implants in their heads IIRC.

Why doesn't Diamond City test people with fucking magnets if they think someone's a synth? I'm sure fridge magnets can survive a nuke and 200 years if fucking stimpaks are still littered around the place.
>>
>>320288276
It wasn't one nuke, it was several. There was one high yield nuke in the glowing sea, but there are several other craters such as the one downtown with all the ghouls in it...

Kellog was talking about father wanting him eliminated because of all he knows.

The synth was the first child synth and he wanted to know if it could blend and even be loved as a real human.

Cybernetics don't cure cancer.
>>
>>320288276
>Why would father make a synth of his 10 year old self and let a 100 year old man hang out with him 60 years later.
he wanted to see how you would react
everything you did up to him, was an experiment of his
>>
>>320290097
You can see them getting mad,e their bones might be weird it's tough to tell (plastic maybe?) but everything else seems to be actual tissue.

For me, I don't understand how the institute equates replacing people with synths as saving the human race... I mean, they aren't actually people, even if they have the memories of people.

Plus, I wish I could find out where the people they replaced "went"... i know they're dead, but still. Giant furnace?

And why they made this strain of super mutants, i assume in an effort to perfect a radiation immune human, but I wish someone would just lay it out... Virgil never did fill me in on the institute's actions.

That's why I like the brotherhood, Maxon lays out exactly how he feels at listening point bravo and why he does what he does, and I liked someone being honest.

But man, there are so many things I'd ask father and/or virgil given the chance.
>>
>>320291731
That hole with the ghouls in it was cause by the institute
>>
Does the whole 'Valentine being possessed by Kellog' ever come up again?
>>
>>320288276
OP still didnt kill himself despite being a faggot.
I cant be the only one that notices this garbage.
>>
File: Cybermen_Delete.jpg (262 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
Cybermen_Delete.jpg
262 KB, 1280x1280
>game is about robots and synths and what it means to be human or whatever
>no robobrains
>can't become a cyborg
How did they fuck up SO bad
>>
>>320294204
>No 5.56mm pistol / That Gun
The liquid for in the robo brain tank is not good anymore after 200 years
>>
>>320294204
Also
> Codsworth can call you Deckard
> That Gun is not in the game
>>
>>320292809
nope.
it's to make you drop him as a companion and use Piper
it's really weird how she's pushed on you
>>
>>320295487
That's fucking stupid. You could have had two companions in one and have a quest where you can override Nicks personality with Kellog to have a permanent companion. They spent all the time building him up for nothing.
>>
>>320292589
where is this explained?
>>
File: cybermeth.png (15 KB, 285x345) Image search: [Google]
cybermeth.png
15 KB, 285x345
>>320295106
>The liquid for in the robo brain tank is not good anymore after 200 years
You shut your mouth
If we're going by that logic everything pre-war would be broken and nuka cola would have run out
Bethesda are just lazy and incompetent
>>
Where do they shit?
>>
Why would the institute abduct random people and replace them with synths
>>
File: 10251865_ori.jpg (4 KB, 115x115) Image search: [Google]
10251865_ori.jpg
4 KB, 115x115
>>320291229
That's just stupid though. It's pretty fucking hard to go from specializing in advanced robotics(and the massive amount of research required just to make a bipedal robot fucking WALK RIGHT) to a completely different discipline(biology and genetic engineering). Because bio synths wouldn't, then, be synths at all. They'd be bio-engineered organisms. In fact, they'd just be altered humans. The entire Synth plotline is pure Battlestar Galactica drivel. It's like every videogame writer since the mid-2000's is so fucking inept that they genuinely consider LOST and BG as coherent and interesting storytelling.
>>
>>320295106
Even if robobrains had been finished at the exact moment the bombs fell, they should have been dying just as Fallout 3 starts, let alone New Vegas, which is 4 years later.
>>
File: 1450025256088.jpg (95 KB, 1031x713) Image search: [Google]
1450025256088.jpg
95 KB, 1031x713
First of all why does the boston area only get hit with 1 nuke. Even the Mojave which had Mr.house Defenses was still hit by 9.

>boston is a shit hole with nothign to nuke

Who was kellog talking about when he said "I guess the old man didnt want any loose ends"

>father

Why would father make a synth of his 10 year old self and let a 100 year old man hang out with him 60 years later.

>what?

Why didnt father just use the same pieces of tech used to prolong kellogs life to prolong his own.

>kellog was the only person whos body didnt reject the tech
>>
>>320290097
>>320296950
>>320297026
muh blade runner reference
muh "what does it mean to be humus????"
muh fantasy racism
>>
>>320292393
The FEV didn't make stupid Super Mutants(that was Bethesda being Bethesda). Before Fallout 3. all Super Mutants were highly intelligent, and grossly strong derivatives of their former human selves.
>>
Wouldn't the enclave or at least the brotherhood be all over the institute much earlier? I mean F1 and 2 early.
>>
File: FO01_NPC_Harry_G.png (370 KB, 803x414) Image search: [Google]
FO01_NPC_Harry_G.png
370 KB, 803x414
>>320297786
>Before Fallout 3. all Super Mutants were highly intelligent
Not all of them
>>
What do they eat?
>>
>>320298326
Dust bunnies.
>>
mr handies have been flying on the same fuel tank for over 200 years
>>
>>320297609
Not to mention the fact that, somehow, no one gives two shits about Valentine. The Brotherhood doesn't try to kill him on site. Diamond City is totally cool with him(sure, supposedly he saved the former mayor's daughter but I none of the "roboracists" even react to his presence. No "You're one of the good ones" or "Don't normally take to you toasters"). And don't get me started on the fucking robot smoking and drinking.
>>
>>320298326
Soylent green, made out of the wastelanders they kidnapp
>>
>>320298204
Fuck. Forgot about that guy.
>>
>>320297529
>>father
i might be mistaken but doesnt he say this during the kidnapping of shaun when he questions why he couldnt just refreeze all of them?
>>
File: 1446691554788.jpg (320 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1446691554788.jpg
320 KB, 1920x1200
>>320297909
This desu senpai
If the institute was actually canon, Enclave would have detected the strange energy signals alot earlier than the BoS, had government documents regarding the research potential in the MIT and been all up in their shit very quickly to acquire it all
>>
>>320298929
I'm guessing the institute bossman is always named father, so it would just be the old boss.
>>
>>320299127
Guess bethesda didn't want to reuse the enclave again and failed
>>
How does everyone in the commonwealth know the institutes name and objectives if they're a super secret organization

I don't know if its mentioned but why don't they send a courser to kill piper
>>
File: FO01_NPC_Lieutenant_N.png (518 KB, 803x414) Image search: [Google]
FO01_NPC_Lieutenant_N.png
518 KB, 803x414
Why is bethesda so bad at writing villains?
Kellogg's corn flakes is just some asshole that makes the MC super buttmad even though nobody cares about the stupid baby and spouse you see for all of two minutes
The Lieutenant's better than all of them and he's not even in the game that much
>>
When did story make sense in a Bethesda game, I can't remember? I also can't remember when people bought their game for the story.
>>
File: vemon.gif (186 KB, 678x422) Image search: [Google]
vemon.gif
186 KB, 678x422
I cant be the only one here who hopes we see china or something.

maybe vault tech/enclave could of been working with china in order to get their governments to fight each other more and more maybe even the enclave encouraging the invasion of Alaska in order to push the war industry and vault tech makes a little bit of extra cash by making commie vaults that also have horrible experiments in.
>>
why does the guy who kidnapped your son enforce circumcision in America>?
>>
I don't understand what the point of the synths was.
>>
>>320297221

They probably could just replace the gel. They mention something akin to maintenance with it in OWB.

The think tank is a more effective and, ridiculously enough, sensible organization than the institute.
>>
File: 1289054096439.jpg (27 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1289054096439.jpg
27 KB, 429x410
>>320299905
Because their writing staff(or at least their lead writer) is unskilled. Bethesda's Fallout stories involve the player searching for a close family member because the lead writer believes that is the best way to elicit an emotional response from players. It's like the Mass Effect 3 Star Child. Instead of letting the player become attached to whatever he/she naturally grows attached to, the writing team tries to force it. The villain, therefore, needn't have any greater motivation, and certainly needn't actually be correct in their philosophy/worldview. That's why New Vegas was so full of good villains, in each of their philosophies, they were all correct. House was no more valid than Caesar. On the other hand, Father, Kornflakes, and the Institute are shit because their entire motivation is hinged on them being too stupid to realize that their plot(which was essentially Fallout 1 as interpreted by a moron after a Battlestar Galactica binge) was not only fundamentally flawed, but cartoonishly evil.
>>
>>320288276
I don't think you understand the term "plot hole" and what it even is.
>>
>>320297786
>Before Fallout 3. all Super Mutants were highly intelligent, and grossly strong derivatives of their former human selves.
Only humans who were changed that had 0 rads, like vault dwellers, became intelligent super mutants. The rest became rage filled morons.
>>
>>320296052
City guards say it constantly
>>
>>320300964

secret police
>>
File: nice.png (596 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
nice.png
596 KB, 700x700
>>320300580
I agree about seeing more about China, looking at the history it was sorta clear that the US were the assholes.
Another thing Bethesda screwed up, is that for the sake of generating a stark contrast between peace and sunny perfection and sudden destruction, they made pre war era scene look all lovely, cheesy afternoon, no problems whatsoever
even though america was ravaged by plague and civil war for years leading up to the final blow
>>
>>320297026
Jesus Christ, they fucking explain why they made such a huge jump from robots to literal humans. Play the goddamn game instead of shitposting about it.
>>
>>320288276
The radio works in the vaults. What are the vaults supposed to protect you from?
>>
File: 1359604671361.gif (228 KB, 221x198) Image search: [Google]
1359604671361.gif
228 KB, 221x198
>>320300006
In the long, long ago, child. Back in the before time, there was a man, a man named the Kirkbride, and the Kirkbride dreamed of some really fucking trippy shit that was cool as fuck and made weird, logical sense when you thought about it, but then made less sense until it broke your fucking mind, but it was the fucking tits.
>>
>have a trail leading to your base
>have the password written on the trail
>password is RAILROAD

HOW DID YOU FIND US VAULT DWELLER?
>>
>meet dogmeat
>under red rocket
>>
>>320288276
>Why would father make a synth of his 10 year old self and let a 100 year old man hang out with him 60 years later.
What makes this really rageworthy is that you can't even ask anyone about this in-game.

You find out all this weird ass shit this institute does, and instead of being able to ask your son about it, he just sends you off to exterminate some raider base i already cleaned 20 hours ago.
>>
File: 1439523024448.jpg (26 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1439523024448.jpg
26 KB, 500x378
>>320288276
most of these wouldnt be plot holes if your werent a fuckin moron
>>
>>320302308
This. OP clearly hasnt played the game and only shitposts about it.
>>
am I the only one that thinks that the synth shaun is a trojan horse? I was surprised that the railroad didn't have a problem with him being there.
>>
>>320302191
>he just sends you off to exterminate some raider base i already cleaned 20 hours ago.
And then the base is mysteriously full of fucking raiders again, for no fucking reason.
>>
>>320301840
>we use secret markings
>see a circle with an arrow pointing north
>ah here is one now vault dweller let me decipher it , yeah we need to go north
>>
>>320297786
this is wrong.
>>
>>320301840
Why wthe fuck would they blow up the institute, now what little synths remain will fall slowly apart over the decades with no way to repair themselves.
>>
>>320301470
so nowhere?

They make it a point to beat you over the head with the fact that the institute is regarded by those in the commonwealth as a boogeyman or scapegoat, responsible for all of the bad things that have no readily apparent explanation.
>>

all the synths are based on him
since some humbus with non radiated dna
>>
>>320301840
this bothered me more than anything in the game.

all you keep hearing is how the railroad is super-duper top-secret and no one knows anything about them, and then you get to their "puzzle" door and the password is just "Railroad." Like are you fucking kidding me? Its just insulting to the player.
>>
>>320301840

Their password was so shitty I managed to brute force it when I accidentally stumbled upon their hideout without the quest.
>>
File: 1440642825111.gif (470 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1440642825111.gif
470 KB, 200x200
>mfw someone near me says "when has the main quest mattered in a fallout game anyways!"
>>
>>320297026
It's pretty fucking hard to go from specializing in advanced robotics to a completely different discipline(biology and genetic engineering).

This shit too. I mean I'm a humanities major and even to me it was glaringly obvioius that researching one of those disciplines would not lead to the other.

But I guess to Todd it's all
>SCIENCE!
so it doesn't have to make the least bit of sense, it just works. A good setting makes the player start wondering about it. It really kills the experience when every ten minutes your run into something new that doesn't make any sense.

Fallout 4's setting only makes sense if don't consider it to be a post-nuclear wasteland, but rather a post-nuclear-themed fun fair where every NPC is a LARPer determined to give the player the time of his life.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.