[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scam or nah
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: Star-Citizen-2.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Star-Citizen-2.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Scam or nah
>>
scam
>>
It's a disgusting moneygrab even if it does come out fully featured
>>
REAL MONEY FOR IN-GAME SPACESHIPS
>>
>>320282163
i backed it when it was announced. Pretty disappointed by progress, but I spent the money so long ago I just don't give a fuck anymore.

Maybe in 4 years it'll release and turn out good, until then it's out of sight, out of mind.
>>
>>320282163
Is that the game where it's pay to win, but the ships are thousands of dollars? That's not a scam, that's what happens to stupid people and their money.
>>
>give developer money to make a game
>all they do is run ad campaigns to get more money
>the actual gameplay is nothing like in the render movies
>game gets delayed
>what they show and announce doesn't live up to the promises
While it's not an outright scam and there will be some sort of disappointing result it's still an extreme case of mismanagement caused by Mr. I-want-to-make-movies-not-games trying to fund his failed career based on empty promises to a gullible audience.
>>
>>320282163
Will this game have space bulldozers in it?
https://youtu.be/p9WFw56Mv1w?t=2m1s
>>
>>320282163
I like to believe it can work, but it's most likely a scam.

Good thing I'm not one of those retards that spent money on it.
>>
>>320282976

No. Ships do not cost thousands. They do however sell large packages where you can purchase lots of different ships under one multi-thousand dollar package.

Ships are between $60-300 I believe, which imho is already too much per-ship anyways.
>>
>>320283382
>They do however sell large packages where you can purchase lots of different ships under one multi-thousand dollar package.

Right, so it's going full pay2win then.
>>
>>320282163
>or nah

Fuck off you nigger
>>
>>320283382

Hundreds is bad enough. ANY amount is too much.
>>
if it looks like a scam, its probably a scam.
>>
-it's said they are almost spent all of the 90+mil
-short gameplay vid was made,, but it took a 12 core computer with shitload of memory to run it
-40 to 1000+ dollar real monmey ships,,,
-dev also failed in hollywood, haven't made anything good but still tries to take credit from freelancer

and lots of other things,,
>>
>>320283382
The single most expensive ship that was ever sold was the Javelin. A limited number of them were only sold during a single concept sale for $2,500 and sold out in a matter of minutes.
>>
never 4get
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blPpnnSOiwk
>>
>>320283382
It's also worth noting you only have to pay like 40 bucks to get the game, any money spent beyond that is just to upgrade your starting ship and give it lifetime insurance. You can still acquire every ship in the game without real money.
>>
It's a scam. Anyone who says otherwise is a paid shill.
>>
100 million and the only thing they've released is an alpha that runs in 10 fps and crashes all the time.

witcher 3: 70 million.
>>
>>320284296
How much money has this furry group collectively spent on this game? I know one of them spent over 38,000.
>>
>>320282163
nah, got into the alpha, and its very rough
but that is why it is an alpha.

multicrew is there, getting out of spaceships is there, combat is there.
Its all janky to hell, but the stuff is actually there.

This already has more features than elite dangerous, and I have elite dangerous
>>
>>320284917
inb4 shills starting their damage control
>b-but I have a gtx 460 and a pentium 4 and it runs 60 fps in 4k everything maxed
>>
>>320284296
as if i needed any more reason to gas furfags
>>
File: pet-rock.jpg (90 KB, 1100x1082) Image search: [Google]
pet-rock.jpg
90 KB, 1100x1082
>>320283031
the gullible audience is what made this world great. stupid people are the worlds most viable goldmine.
>>
>>320284296
not the excessive use of hands while speaking, and the inability to maintain any sort of eye contact with the camera. Also the vague (mis)use of technical terms, repeated references to "R&D" "Procedurally-generated."

this is the face of a liar. This is the ultimate scam and if you, at any point, gave this piece of shit a single dime you deserve to lose your money.
>>
File: 12357251312.png (481 KB, 890x804) Image search: [Google]
12357251312.png
481 KB, 890x804
>dudebot and/or fiddly posted another thread

This is like the fourth or fifth thread in less than a couple days.
>>
File: 1340833438269.png (181 KB, 428x510) Image search: [Google]
1340833438269.png
181 KB, 428x510
>mfw Star Citizen threads are always full of poorfags whining about people being able to spend frivolous money on things they enjoy
>mfw they call it a scam even though alpha is already out and fun
>>
>>320286930
>mfw idiots like you don't realize they wasted money on a game that almost 2 years in developement put out a shitty alpha that barely runs and has 5% of the promised features of the final game
>>
>>320284371
>Insurance, in an online videogame
Damn, Konami-tier jewery right there
>>
>>320286930
>things they enjoy

The funny thing is you can't even use that argument because the game as they describe it doesn't exist.
>>
File: 1449991789543.png (96 KB, 963x700) Image search: [Google]
1449991789543.png
96 KB, 963x700
>>320287217
>ambitious games take a while to develop
what a surprise
>>
>>320283052

What the fuck, how did they know she was dead? It wasn't even a hard crash.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.