[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this ANY good? Ive never was some kind of big fan of the elder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: elder-scrolls-online-515x290.jpg (41 KB, 515x290) Image search: [Google]
elder-scrolls-online-515x290.jpg
41 KB, 515x290
Is this ANY good?
Ive never was some kind of big fan of the elder scrolls series(played oblivion and skyrim, they were fun)and from what ive read this game has "mixed" reviews at best, but its currently on a sale for 25 euros on psn and ive been looking for a decent online time sink for my ps4 for a while now.MMORPG with skyrim's combat sounds fun at least and i also the last time ive played anything in the genre was WoW:WOTLK.

tl;dr is it worth it for 25 euros
>>
>>320250097
its shit
>>
>>320250097
Nope, it's a failure. There is a reason why it went buy to play in less than a year out.
>>
It was free to play on Xbone this past weekend and I gave it a try. Was kind of boring. The combat isn't like Skyrim, it felt like Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning actually. I'd probably play it if it went free to play, but wasn't interesting enough to buy.
>>
>>320250097
It's basically vanilla Skyrim, online. If you enjoyed vanilla Skyrim, then yes it's worth sinking a few hours into. I enjoyed if for like a month, then got bored.
>>
>>320251448
Ive heard tge combat and skills are way worse than skyrim tho
>>
I dot understand why bethesda opted to go full blown mmo.

A normal elder scrolls title with 2-4 player co op is what most people wanted.

At the most, some sort of 3v3 or 2v2 in the arena in cyrodil.
>>
Once you level past 30 its a good mmo. If you can run it on max setting with a solid 60fps it makes pvp and any particle heavy areas way more fun. I upgraded recently and the game feels 100x better. Its not a hotkey number cruncher and its not a full blown elder scrolls rpg. Its somewhere in between so its not for everybody. I enjoy it
>>
File: sophie_fb___2_.jpg (83 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
sophie_fb___2_.jpg
83 KB, 960x720
>>320253948
Whats the endgame like exactly?is the PvP good?Any big, fun raids?
Also as i said, ill buy it on my ps4 so the settings and how it runs doesnt really matter
>>
>>320253948
Oh! Also if you're a loner this game gets boring, need a good guild with voicechat to do most end game stuff.
>>
Would rather play bad rats while cutting of my fingers then play this load of shit... Tho its been some time now so i dunno maybe it has changed
>>
>>320254149
Well I'm maxed leveled spend most of my time looking for groups to grind endgame stuff, huge raids at end game. Need a lot of diversity among groups with developed strategies. Typical mmo stuff. Pvp is awesome. But like I said dont buy if you want to play it alone you'll get burnt out.without a solid group in the later levels.
>>
>>320250097
I don't really like the classes
>>
>>320254557
How come
>>
>>320250097
Just play WoW senpai
>>
>>320252868
Then you heard wrong.

>>320250097
It's not that bad, OP. The quests and areas are better than Skyrim's and the combat is fun. I got a decent amount of hours in it before moving on.
>>
>>320256630
>quests
Why are you lying, its literally the same fetch shit like in every mmo
>>
File: 2015-12-08_00003.jpg (402 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-08_00003.jpg
402 KB, 1920x1080
Game has good writing about 70% of the time. It looks nice, but still has tons of bugs. Basically;

>If you put 100+ hrs into a single player Elder Scrolls game you'll like it.

>if you have a group of friends or are in an active guild you'll like it.
>>
>>320257830
Sounds good for 25 euro i guess
>>
>>320257608

Compared to skyrim?
>>
I bought a key on steam, activated it, then returned it. 10/10 would be fraudulent again
>>
>>320257925
It is. The Imperial edition is unnecessary unless you require being able to play any race in any faction.
>>
The only reason to consider playing it is if you're a turbo SJW and get wet at the idea of forced homos and a kid-friendly retconn of pretty much anything elderscrolls. It's also not TES:online, it's Skyrim:online.
>>
I played this game for awhile, never reached end-game but I got pretty far in the questing zone.

Depending on how much you know about the Elder Scrolls lore will show how much you'll get triggered, if at all, and from what you said probably not much.

The stories and quest are fairly generic but some can be entertaining and fun, while others are pretty good and some even fucked up (if you play a Altmer you'll come across a faction inclusive training school for the war that will inevitability happen and come to find out that all the Altmer teachers and students have been raping, killing, enslaving, torturing their other allies (the Wood Elves and Khajiit). However, some Faction zones and quest lines are EXTREMELY GENERIC AND BORING, and I mean really fucking boring.

The combat is a odd mix between Wildstar and World of Warcraft with a dash of ARPGMMO like Tera, BnS, or Vindictus but it's still not physical.

ONE THING I can't stress enough is taking the time to find a questing Add-On/Online Guide for the game, because Beth likes to hide quest in each zone and the only way to come across them is by chance and being in an extremely close proximity in order for the quest event/start to activate. Now if the zone chain-quest gave enough experience for the next zone, you wouldn't need to worry about finding these quest or being spoiled. HOWEVER, if you don't find every single quest, you're slowly going to be under-leveled for certain zones for awhile and can encounter some difficulties.

All in all I'd give this MMO a 6.5-7 out of 10 and that's being generous
>>
Don't buy it on G2A you will be get your key sold again. I don't know how this works but it happened to me, credit card scam or something. Buy off steam or off the ESO website.
>>
>>320255265
I feel like they shoehorn you into certain roles but if you decide to not take any of those class skills or maybe only 1 then it's a waste.

It would've been better if there were no classes and they implemented those skills a different way
>>
>>320258282

what the fuck how did this happen on steam? are they really that dodgy

I got scammed from G2A but that's more understandable.
>>
>>320257967
Compared to all mmos
>>
>>320261570
OP here, ill eventually buy it from PSN
>>
>>320261751
Are there still just 3 classes ingame?
>>
>>320262090

4. Sorcerer, Dragonknight, Templar, Nightblade.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.