[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good MMO to play right now? I really liked the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19
What's a good MMO to play right now?

I really liked the combat in TERA but the endgame resulted to be a grindfest of the highest caliber with no content whatsoever.

Recommend me something /v/

Pic related, Aion was pretty fun back then.
>>
Do you even play MMOs /v/?
>>
I'd like to know too. Any decent betas or so going?
>>
>>320249771
How come no one ever speaks about Dragon Nest ?
>>
Elder Scrolls Online has hands down the best PVP in any MMO on the market right now.

TOR in its current state is WOTLK tier as far as gameplay goes. Take that how you will.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 630x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 630x405
>>320252167
AHAHAHAHAHA
WAIT
WAIT
YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS
HAHAHA
AHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>320249771
Long time Aion player here, had to quit cuz NCsoft ran it into the ground this patch, Hoping Blade and Soul will be good NA or im done with MMO's
>>
>>320252048
>shittier maple story
That's why
>>
>>320249771
I think Final Fantasy XIV is a lot of fun to play with friends. Not sure if I would recommend it solo.

Dungeons & Dragons Online has the best and most options for character building and very fast-paced and fun combat with tons of spells and abilities, but it requires a lot of investment of time, has graphics from 2005, and has a freemium+sub model. Easier to play alone than FFXIV.
>>
>>320249771
Ragnarok Online and City of Heroes were both pretty good.
You can probably find a private server for RO, but I'm not sure about CoH.
>>
MMOs are dead, give up.
>>
>>320253303

But i hate MOBAS, how else can i waste my time?
>>
>>320252167
>best pvp
>no unit collision in pvp
???
>>
>>320253435
Single player games?
>>
MAPERU SATORY REBOOTO
>>
Thoughts on Guild Wars 2? I installed it yesterday and fucked around a bit. Does it ever get good?
>>
>>320253479

They get boring after awhile. And i enjoy socializing with other people while gaming.
>>
>>320253658
No, see >>320253303
>>
>>320253548
I quit after a few days just like I thought I would.

It's nice that Reboot isn't p2w but the magic just isn't there anymore regardless.
>>
>>320252167
Played that like 3 months ago, and I enjoyed it as a single player game but eventually got bored because it felt so lonely going solo through everything.
Also fuck, that game is horribly optimized and almost entirely CPU dependent.
>>
>>320252453
I'm playing beta right now. I thought it was pretty decent until I hit dungeons. Fuck their model for dungeons. No real tank or healer but summoner( which i am) is the only one with an AOE heal that sits on the mob and pulses. Then the loot in that shit, you bid gold for it. In game currency to bid for dungeon drops against other people. Which with its korean business model means you can literally pay to win. It's whoever has the most money. Dropped it when I ran the first dungeon.
>>
>>320255516
As an extra I've gotten beta access for black dessert online so hopefully that is better.
>>
Black Desert's release is coming up soon, but from what I've heard, last few updates turned it into p2w shit. If someone who actually plays the game could comment on it, that'd be nice.
>>
>>320249771
TOR

If you can't get past the TORtanic maymay then none, go play DOTA
>>
>>320256424
Give me a day and I'll have played the NA CB1 it launches today at 11pm and it has all the most recent changes from what I heard.
>>
>>320249771

Guild Wars 2 is pretty good right now, and the base game is free so you could just try it.
>>
>>320249771
Maybe magerealm or Eloa? Has anyone tried them?

I guess wakfu and dofus are still worth checking out but they're in a very sorry state. It's sad how only shit MMOs tend to survive.

There's Eve, which is fantastic, but a bit niche and with some poor pacing.
>>
>>320255981
Many people say it's become shit. Part WoW and part waifu simulator, all promises -> trash.
>>
>>320249771
warframe is technically an mmo but not an mmo like wow is
>>
>>320259789
I'll see. The classes seem interesting and some off their models don't look too bad. Obviously graphics are great, if it's just a waifu creator then if it's free or cheap I'm fine with that. I'm excited to try it out.
>>
>>320259932
No it's not. It is a plain online game. It doesn't have the first M, and the MO apply to virtually anything.
>>
>>320256549
I played that game for half an hour. it felt like a shitty single player game. and the first mission they sent me out on was "go kill 10 of these thugs!" and they all died super easy and couldnt hurt me, super boring. Why play that game?
>>
File: 345234.jpg (635 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
345234.jpg
635 KB, 1680x1050
>>320249771
Try Vindictus.

Character customization is costly but gameplay is so much fun and skill rewarding.
There isn't that much grind ( at least on EU ), you can get a nice gear in max month. But if you want a nice gear +1 it will take take some time for those extra stats.

I always liked games where you have to press dodge button , not to be reliant on some % chance. Bosses are hard and fun to play against, especially with the amazing OST.
>>
>>320260671
Cucks gonna cuck.
>>
>>320261176
Vindictus isn't an MMO, it's a co-op multiplayer game with a hub. The major problem with the game is that you have to do the same mission many times to complete objectives and there's a lot of grind for quest drops and equipment, even though it's not original maple levels or anything.
>>
>>320261176
>Nexon

Fuck off
>>
Eloa if you only have friends because that shit gets repetitive
>>
File: fun.jpg (717 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
fun.jpg
717 KB, 1680x1050
>>320261461
But anon, you do that in the every MMO, the most fun part are bosses and season2 and season3 has entirely changed the game. You no longer need to repeat those shitty missions 10 times.

Also raid bosses drops seals , and with those you can buy neat gear. Its very cheap and quick way, so as I said. You can get average gear with almost no effort and enjoy the content, but if you want something more then you need to pray to the rng gods for luck. Because you can't really grind in this game, at least on EU since there are no bots and economy is in the good standing.

>>320261506
>not giving money to nexon

what are you poor?
>>
>>320262613
The difference is that you have to grind full missions, not just fields of enemies. If there were both options, it wouldn't be so bad. Combat, despite being actiony, gets repetitive quickly, especially the grabs (although they stay fun for quite a while).
>>
>>320262420
>>320259664
Eloa /vg/ threads
W H E N
H
E
N
>>
I personally like dragon nest, story is God tier
>>
>>320264498
Nobody plays dragon's nest anymore though. Is it even an MMO?
>>
>>320252167
What makes ESO's pvp so good? I lean more towards pvp than anything in MMOs and as much as I'm not a fan of the aesthetic or elderscrolls in general, if the pvp is fun I might give it a shot
>>
>>320252048
Are you 12 years old, what the fuck.
>>
>>320265776
He was trolling, ESO's pvp is an instruction manual as to what not to do about pvp.
>>
>>320265910
Oh. What's the best PVP in an MMO currently then?
>>
I started playing lineage 2 on l2 toxic... But the server is super toxic and p2w so now I'm in the same boat op
>>
File: 1444153855025.jpg (77 KB, 597x714) Image search: [Google]
1444153855025.jpg
77 KB, 597x714
>>320253658
It's OK. I would recommend it as a game you play for an hour or two a day, not as something that you play 8hrs in a row
>>
>>320266151
Eve online by far, due to how deep it runs and how many options it offers.
>>
>>320249771
Yeah, having the same situation here. Sure, the brawlers are fun at the moment, but it's only temporary, and to be honest, it's boring even after dreadspire 2 is released. considering the community is dead. I just don't really know at all what other game I'd like to play anymore, more importantly, the community of a video game is really what matters. You can have a great game, great story, great gameplay. But if you're the only one playing a game, it's basically private server except you're not admin, kek. Nothing's fun anymore these days :(
>>
If you suck some dick on the forums you can get into the Camelot Unchained alphas. As an alpha tester who didn't pay any money until after he played it's pretty damn good especially with the new collision mechanics that weren't present in DAoC.

Crowfall is a little rough currently but they have been improving greatly every patch so you could try and get access to that
>>
>>320266312
Eh, not a big fan of Eve. Tried it out for a month a few years ago and it just didn't click with me.
>>
>>320249771
I just play vanilla WoW on a private server
>>
You'll never truly enjoy them again seeing as all the modern MMOs discourage forming groups and friendships in favor of simplified content and automated grouping systems. Its all just RPGs where other people happen to be around now. They're like NPCs.
>>
Sorry, there are no good MMOs currently and none will come out in the forseeable future.

Maybe you can look forward to Blade n Soul slightly though.

Half of the games people have stated aren't even true MMOs, they're glorified room based games.
>>
Undertale!

Sure it's not an mmo but it's an experience you will be sharing with millions of people
>>
>>320252048
It's fun, legit worth downloading and playing for free, just understand that the "endgame" requires pay2win and isn't worth it, so just treat it like a single player game
>>
>>320266312
>EVE
>pvp
>deep
>literally multi-box autoplay spreadsheets in space the game
Oh, so you're a meta-troll, so you're saying TESO's pvp is actually good if you actually like fun games?
>>
>>320255516
Uh what stops you from running it with friends and not bidding any gold or the minimum or whatever?

If anything, that sounds like it just punishes plebs and rewards people that guild up
>>
Can I get TESO cheap anywhere? Just want a fun PVP experience in an MMO right now
>>
I play Mabinogi, I find it very nice, cute and fun but you probably won't enjoy it much, it's still worth a peek in my opinion.
>>
>>320268005
High potential but the cash shop and grind kills it for me. Wish there was a good midrate server with no shop.
>>
Having mmo itch, going to play WildStar.
I'm rotating them games and never ever reach so called end-game.
>>
>>320249771
the people that made tera also made this new mmo called devilion anyone know if its any good?
>>
>>320268208
Its terrible. Like a Nickelodeon WoW with skillshots and too many F2P restrictions.
>>
Someone red pill me on private vanilla wow. Do you just need the base game for it? Do you still need a subscription? is it fun?

I also recommend dungeon fighter online, people has been doing well with it imo
>>
eve online
>>
>>320266490
It's niche, but facts change not.
>>
>>320268610
Private servers for any MMO ever never require the actual game or a sub. Theres nothing official about them. They're just programs and a separately hosted server.
>>
>>320268151
Honestly speaking, I don't feel that the cashshop kills it that hard, there's enough events and skills and craftable gear to overcome what you get from gachapon, not to mention that the items you get there don't mean much if you don't have the power or skills to back 'em up.

Grind is hell though
>>
>>320267712
It was literally on sale during the PlayStation experience. Also it'll probably go on sale sometime next year during the launch of the thieves guild DLC.
>>
>>320268005
I am playing this cause an old friend wanted me to play it from another mmo years ago. I'm not into mmos but I'm liking it. I might try some mmos other again, but I'm usually into single player games. I'll see how blade and soul does.
>>
>>320268005
Absolutely. It does a lot of things right, like the non-combat portions, the armors and weapons, the skill leveling, the hidden areas that you can get skills from, etc.

It's unfortunate that it got fucked so hard overtime. Now you can't do any low-level content except alone, you pretty much need to buy a mount to get anywhere, the graphics aged like milk, and the population has dwindled way too much. The dark zone crap is garbage and they didn't focus on the game's strong areas.
>>
>>320268990
It would be such a fun game if they didnt make ranking everything so complicated. Like "Hit 1000 enemies with X. Hit a group of 3 or more with X at least 5000 times. Get at least 7000 crits with X." Dont even get me started on the bullshit that is crafting skills. I cant imagine what they must have been like before the Shakespeare and later revamps.
>>
>>320253832
r-rocket league?
>>
DFO, Vindictus and Skyforge are some pretty good MMOs, but as with any multiplayer game it's alot better if you have people to play the game with.
>>
File: image_0.jpg (83 KB, 480x643) Image search: [Google]
image_0.jpg
83 KB, 480x643
>>320268610
You just torrent 1.12.1

Make an account on the servers website and then just change the server list and you're g2g
>>
>>320269208
At least with skills like those you can just do things like foxes or raccoons or any other low rank monster that has a high spawn rate.
Compare and contrast to skills that require you to know what Combat Power is, I'd rather take the formor leveling and just rebirth into the talent.

if you want to know what old crafting was like, just do mana crafting or engineering.
>>
>>320260045
You have to pay brah
>>
>ctrl+f the secret world
>no results
you plebs disgust me
>>
>>320249771
The 2 i'am most looking forward to are Black desert and blade and soul but i've olny played bdo on nip server with a vpn (shitton of ping) but it seemed alright and like a fun game.
Blade and soul haven't i played but it seemed alright from the gameplay and story side. (from what i've seen on yt)
Both are in beta/alpha currently gonna have to wait at least till mid 2016
>>
>>320269835
They've both been ruined beyond all expectations. ENJOY!
>>
Been playing Warhammer Online on the Return of Reckoning private server since I never played it while it was live. It's pretty fun.

Think I might have made a mistake starting as a Blackguard, though. Doesn't feel very tanky at all.
>>
I'm on and off of TERA as usual. Havent played an MMO that rivals this one in combat yet, but I've been willing to try others.
>>
Used to play Vindictus. Waiting for something like it to be made but not controlled by Nexon. Seriously, S3 came way too late and the server issues were never fixed.
>>
>>320252938
this for XIV

I almost quit but I joined up with friends and I'm on more than ever. constantly doing shit
>>
>>320253001
Coh is dead. They're trying to ressurect it via titan network but its not playable.

I'd play an updated coh, especially with that toon creator. That was top notch
>>
Disregard anyone who says FFXIV
Its complete shit and the new expac is a joke.
>Get to max level
>Theres actually less to do than when I was leveling
>>
>>320269979
I have the same problem.
p2p boat hosting, lags in these, whatever they are called, 24 man raids, the fact that game is old and it shows, nexon being jew as usual.
Game is really fun and combat is literally the best you can find in mmos so there is that.
Anyone should try it.
>>
>>320270065
This applies to any MMO. Theres nothing special about XIV that facilitates grouping.
>>
>>320269673
You typically have to do that shit but only to enemies within a certain range of you.
>>
>>320270328
It's not an MMO. Might as well say that DMoMM has the best MMO combat at this point.
>>
>>320270331
That's fine for your rationale.

I'm having a good time.
>>
I've been playing Warframe and its holding my attention better than any standard mmo.

It is essentially an mmo, but with decent gameplay. Instead of tab targeting dungeon pulls its a 3rd person action game.

Its not a great game, and it has some mmo-esque flaws like the fact you just farm to farm better and then farm some more. However it fills the roll of amusing timewaster with a community better than any current MMO on the market. And the players are generally decent/helpful instead of toxic assholes like in WoW or FF14.
>>
>>320270498
No im happy for you I dont understand how though because Heavensward has like NO endgame but im just saying that friends makes any game better so its not really an argument for XIV itself.
>>
>>320270612
It's not an MMO. Might as well say that DmoMM is essentially an mmo, but with decent gameplay at this point.
>>
>>320270486
>you met people in towns, missions, 24 man raids
>not a mmo
really nigga
>>
>>320270669
>Heavensward has like NO endgame
But I'm doing Thordan ex, Ravana ex, alex and Void ark

While leveling other classes and just playing around.

There's more to do in a mmo than just end game, anon.
>>
I like PSO2 and Vindictus.
>>
>>320270669
True, but MMOs are defined by the persistent multiplayer aspects. A good MMO has to make it easy to make ingame friends, and shouldn't even be playable solo. Whichever way you get friends to play with you, playing together should boost the experience tremendously.
>>
>>320270812
>fable 2 is an MMO
Based retard!
>>
File: 1446822876896.gif (2 MB, 389x343) Image search: [Google]
1446822876896.gif
2 MB, 389x343
Black Desert has really nice, customizable butts and Bless has sextastic furry waifus, so I'm looking forward to both.
>>
>>320270925
No modern MMO follows that definition. They're all easy solo oriented stuff and automated grouping systems that can be zerged down with the exception of their hardest difficulty final raids.
>>
>>320270723
>clan dojos
>no offline mode
>constant player interaction in chat and in missions
>hub cities
>player trading/selling
it is basically an mmo dude, just a very modern one moving past the standard cliches gameplay wise.

I guess you've never played it. But yeah, its more entertaining than standard MMOs by a large margin.
>>
>>320249771
Wait for Tree of Savior.
>>
>>320249771
I enjoy /v/scape but it's a bit small

Old school runescape without all the pay2win extra awful content bullshit

shameless shilling desu
>>
>>320271026
how can you be so fucking dumb
>>
Guess you can try LaTale.
>>
>>320271098
If there isn't a shared open game world then its only an online RPG/FPS and not a MMO. Thats all im saying. Ask anyone if MH is an MMO and they'll call you crazy.
>>
>>320271247
Explain how there is a difference.
>you met people in towns, missions, 24 man raids
>not an MMO
Well no it's not, and neither is vindictus. Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>320271026
>Fable 2
>24 man multiplayer raids
what? You could have at least used Monster Hunter as your example. even if it is a ripoff of Phantasy Star Online
>>
>>320271098
Guess diablo 3 is an MMO then. And SC2 is also an MMO.
>>
>>320270925
>forced to make friends with creepy neckbeards from the internet in order to play
Why do people think MMOs are fun again?
>>
>>320271407
well it is mmo to me.
if its online and i can play it with random people from the internet its mmo. period.
>>
>>320271586
Well okay but dont come into a 'real MMO' thread and suggest it to people who are looking for actual MMOs because theres a huge difference. I think Resident Evil 2 is an MMO so I guess ill recommend it to people as well!
>>
>>320271586
>halo is an MMO
>cod is an MMO
>mobas are MMOs
>monster hunter is an MMO
>metroid prime hunters is an MMO
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>320271518
>>320271407
By your standards Skyforge isn't mmo either. Neither is dragon nest, c9, poe.
>>
File: 1409196805161.gif (1 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
1409196805161.gif
1 MB, 290x189
Nostalrius
wait dont, the place is getting a little overcrowded lel
>>
>>320271770
And your point is what exactly?
>>
>>320271730
i didnt know there are real and fake mmos. My bad. do i need special pronouns for real mmos?
>>320271731
>being this delusional thinking people from reddit dont browse 4chan
>>
>>320271770
They aren't. Its simple. If your servers are nothing more than town hubs used to find people to do instanced missions with 4-5 people then its not an MMO. Nobody is belittling your games. Its just when someone asks for an MMO they arent looking for that.
>>
>>320271960
>>320271980
but you were happy to discuss them earlier.
so 20 min ago they are mmos and now they arent.
classic /v/
>>
>>320271770
Is c9 any good?
>>
>>320271978
WHAT? CoD isn't a real RPG?
i didn't know there are real and fake rpgs. My bad. do i need special pronuns for real rpgs?
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>320272104
cant tell its not mmo
>>320272110
ofc its not. its RTS.
>>
>>320272086
>you

Last I checked this is an anonymous imageboard filled with tons of people. Plus I just recently joined the thread. I cant force people to stop talking about them like some omnipresent authority. Also a reminder that this site is not a hivemind.
>>
>>320266925
Well, thanks to this bad trolling that's a game I will never play.

I feel like a sperg, sperging about other spergs
>>
You need an MMO eh OP? You should try Saints Row 4 since its an MMORPG because it has an online component where you play with other people which makes it an MMO.
>>
>>320249771
TERA is not real MMO. It's just online game with a hub.
>>
>>320272621
>Trying to reverse troll when proven wrong

ITS OVER. Getting out my victory log of arguments.
>>
>>320271518
Please define mmo for me. I want to see what you think it takes to make a game one.
>>
i played Blade and soul beta this weekend. its kind of refreshing since youre not a typical warior elf fantasy bullshit. questing is meh, dungeons are simple from what ive seen. combat is top tier tho, better than tera and everyone creamed themselves over that one. Great pvp potential. ill probably play it on release till i get bored
>>
>>320272779
See
>>320271980
Thats it.
>>
>>320272779
>>320271980
instanced missions for 4-5 players are not MMO. How about instanced missions for 24 players? Are they MMO?
Or, like in skyforge, instanced open regions, with mobs, quests, bosses and hundreds players. Is it MMO or not?
Im genuinely confused.
>>
>>320272762
>Getting out my victory log of arguments
another thread defended from filthy shitposter
keep up good work anon
>>
>>320249771
black desert soon comrade
>>
>>320273453
Except Black Desert is not really MMO.
>>
>>320273248
I dont know enough about Skyforge to comment. It sounds like it may be an MMO, but only research may tell.

>>320273398
I take my victory log of here very seriously. I basically put down a check on each date where I won one. I have many pages filled.
>>
>>320273502
>not really an mmo
go ahead, give your reasoning, so that I can laugh at you.
>>
All I want is a good MMO with enough people that play that I could comfortably live out my days as either a divorced warrior looking to sell his remaining life for gold and maybe find a new wife or to play as a spunky love interest.

Heavily roleplay oriented.
>>
>>320273248
Are these instanced regions accessible by the entire population at once or merely those within the group? Its not the size of the group or region, its how its accessed. Having 2000 people in a modded game of Just Cause doesnt make it a MMO.
>>
>>320273705
I think hes memeing on you because hes frustrated that he lost the argument earlier.
>>
>>320252048
It's a decent game, and probably one of the few mmorpgs with a story that is actually good.
>>
>>320249771
maplestory reboot or none
>>
>>320249771
>but the endgame resulted to be a grindfest of the highest caliber with no content whatsoever.
You should try the new update, then. It's literally
"Are you new 65/returning player?"
"Yes"
1. Run the old shitty dungeons
2. get gear in 1-3 runs that can be used in all the new dungeons that MW's and Enchants easy as shit now
3. Get new gear
"No"
1. Run new dungeon
2. Get 2nd best gear in the game that can be used for PvE and PvP

2 dungeons (1 has Easy, Normal, and Hard mode), new class, and glyph/class changes literally came out last week.

If you still don't give a shit, then just stop playing MMO's.None of them will give you the fun of Tera combat, and none of them are good. Maybe wait for ToS to come out? That's the only one I can think of that might be interesting.
>>
>>320273820
Yeah but its not an MMORPG but its good.
>>
Not a traditional MMO, but Path of Exile just got an amazing update and the new skills are fun as all hell.
>>
>>320274063
How is it not mmo?
>>
>>320272621
Doesn't it have a persistent world outside of hubs with several people playing in areas at once?
>>
>>320274182
its not mmo
>>
1- go here: http://mmos.com/review/black-desert-online
2- click random MMO
3- if it's not an actual mmo or if it's p2w, reroll
4- report back
5- ???
6- profit!
>>
Are there reasons not to play FFXIV?
>>
>>320274252
Not really. Open world is heavily instantiated with only handful of people per channel. Not really massively.
>>
>>320274430
None really, it's a simple game with a simple gameplay.
>>
>>320274591
you are the saltiest /v/ goer i've seen in years family
>>
>>320274348
This is why these sites are garbage. Ive rolled like 5 times and its giving me shit like mobas, DayZ, and FPS games. This must be where most of these fake MMO players are getting their data.
>>
>>320274293
>MMO
>Massively Multiplayer Online
>Path of Exile has the quality of having a massive quantity of people online, it's multiplayer, and it's online.
>And you can party up just fine
How is it not an MMO?
>>
>>320272779
A multiplayer game with public, transparent, limitless instances, designed to accommodate over 1000 simultaneous players.
Transparent means that one does not jump into a specific instance (as opposed to channel), but rather progresses through the world. For instance, DDO has zones that qualify, even though most of the world is instanced dungeons.
Public means that anyone can drop in or out of a zone without being your friend or joining your specific games, so diablo doesn't qualify. Limitless means that there is no theoretical limit to how many players can be in a zone, but multichannel setups to reduce load or preventing logins when the server is about to crash - i.e. restrictions that aren't gameplay-related, qualify.

For example, lunia had a desert map which qualified completely, thus it was an mmo, even though every other map was private instances. ddo is the same. Those are the cutoff for an mmo, more instanced than that is not an mmo.
>>
>>320274430
Boring, repetitive, terrible American players, but really the most basic and safe mmo experience, so take that as you will.
>>
>>320274760
By that logic Call of Duty and League are MMOs.
>>
Best PVP in an MMO right now that isnt EVE?
>>
>>320274654
what do you mean?
>>
>>320249771
>tfw the guild I joined died on SWGemu

I just want more content
>>
>>320274876
Well, first of all, EVE is not really an MMO.
BEst pvp is probably in Tera.
>>
>>320274846
>CoD is a team-based combat arena shooter
It's a MOBA, not an MMO where you can see and meet everyone anywhere.
>League is a team-based combat arena skillshot shitfest
Also a MOBA, not an MMO.
>>
>>320275027
>COD
>MOBA

stop posting
>>
>>320273715
You degenerate fuck, maybe MUDs would be more your thing. Try infernomoo, it includes sex (but unfortunately no underagesex, though hellmoo has become too much of a safezone despite allowing that).
>>
>>320274876
TERA and Black Desert, desu
>>
>>320275016
>EVE is not really an MMO

what the fuck?
>>
>>320273967
Maplestory reboot is garbage. It's new maple through and through, except without the p2w. Unfortunately, the p2w was the least of new maple's issues.
>>
>>320275076
Multiplayer
Battle
Arena
>>
>>320275194
read what >>320274798 said.
>>
>>320275076
>COD is not a MOBA
Back up your shit if you want me to leave.
The term MOBA used to apply to what are now ASSFAGGOTS.
The term MOBA is very vague and thus can be applied to many games.
Current ASSFAGGOTS = old MOBA
Current MOBA = ANY Multiplayer Online Battle Arena game, including TF2, CoD online, etc.
>>
>>320274189
Fully private-instanced.
>>
>>320275247
Yeah it's pretty bad. And it's not even MMO.
>>
>>320275250
>I don't know what a MOBA is

Yep you're retarded
>>
>>320274430
WoW-clone.
>>
>>320275351
The term MOBA never changed, it still applies exclusively to ASSFAGGOTS

You're the kind of retard who likes to argue Halo is an RPG because you "play the role" of Master Chief.
>>
>>320275271
There is nothing there that disqualifies EVE
>>
>>320275535
Clearly you haven't even played EVE then.
>>
>>320275027
You didn't say anything about being able to see and meet everyone anywhere
>Massively Multiplayer Online
>Call of Duty has the quality of having a massive quantity of people online, it's multiplayer, and it's online.
>And you can party up just fine

How is it not an MMO?
>>
>>320274760
Massive has never ever been referring to the player count. Its referring to the method and how many can be together in the game world.
>>
>>320275598
stop being saltier than the dead sea, timmy.
>>
>>320275598
Okay, we'll go through the list then:
>A multiplayer game with public, transparent, limitless instances, designed to accommodate over 1000 simultaneous players.
True.
>Transparent means that one does not jump into a specific instance (as opposed to channel), but rather progresses through the world. For instance, DDO has zones that qualify, even though most of the world is instanced dungeons.
True.
>Public means that anyone can drop in or out of a zone without being your friend or joining your specific games, so diablo doesn't qualify.
True
>Limitless means that there is no theoretical limit to how many players can be in a zone, but multichannel setups to reduce load or preventing logins when the server is about to crash - i.e. restrictions that aren't gameplay-related, qualify.
True
>>
>>320275668
Exactly. If you have 5k people in town hub that they can chat and do missions otgether its mmo.
>>
>Fake MMO players on suicide watch as they have to reverse troll arguments just to survive

Look just admit you fucked up and lets help the OP and others out hah.
>>
looking for something to sink some time into for a month or 2. How is TESO right now?
>>
File: ffxiv_12092015_114455.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_12092015_114455.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
I'm playing Final Fantasy XIV. It's not great, but it's fun enough, especially as a healer.
>>
>>320275881
It's really good but not really worth the money. Also it's not MMO
>>
>>320266551
try this OP
>>
>>320275458
That pretty much describes nearly every MMO out right now that isn't a korean grindfest
>>
>>320249771
FFXIV is pretty fun. Gonna buy the Heavensward bundle when I get my paycheck on Thursday.
>>
>>320275880
Please use appropriate pronouns when talking about fake MMOs.
>>
>>320261176

EU and NA servers are IP blocked for glorious Russian Federation. the reason is "fuck off CIS scum we build digital Berlin Wall here"
>>
People who pretend vanilla WoW is good are like people who pretend to like dark chocolate and black coffee. You can see them cringe when they have it, but they tell you its how it should be.
>>
>>320276068
Are you playing with friends or with some online group?

I'm thinking of doing the free trial, I haven't really delved deep into any MMOs since FFXI
>>
>>320275775
not an mmo*
>>
>>320276312
I love how modern MMOfags treat Vanilla WoW like it's some omg hardcore shit when back in the day it was derided as a casualized EQ-clone.
>>
>>320276075
>really good
>not worth the money
Ok. How is the combat compared to other MMOs? More like WoW or more like Tera?
>>
>>320275881
Absolute dogshit. Just give wakfu a try. It's a tRPG MMO, which is unique, and it has some neat mechanics, even though it as gutted since openbeta.
>>
People here really think games like Skyforge, Warframe, Vindictus or PoE are not MMOS?
>>
>>320276203
Which is a shame, and which is why these threads even exist. We can jump from wow clone to wow clone without asking, but finding real, good MMOs is another story.
>>
>>320276560
PoE is just an ARPG like Diablo. The rest are MMOs.
>>
>>320276445
Its not hardcore. Its boring and grindy. The content was easier. Everything required ages to set up and running 40 mans was a pain.
>>
>>320276560
Indeed, people here really think games like CoD, fable 2, diablo 3 or halo are not MMOs. Can you believe it????
>>
>>320276734
>Vanilla WoW
>grindy

top kek
>>
File: themepark_mmos.jpg (154 KB, 590x530) Image search: [Google]
themepark_mmos.jpg
154 KB, 590x530
>>320276654
MMOs have been dead for years now. The problem is that once WoW came out, every MMO ever decided "we now have to copy WoW", without really understanding why people were playing WoW in the first place. You get all these companies effectively forcing their products to mimic another, more successful product, to the point where it becomes the standard and people are making WoW clones without ever having seen WoW in action. The market is so fucking burned out on this that there is virtually no audience for MMOs anymore.
>>
>>320276767
Why do people even bother with MMOs these days? they never last long before they get barren.
>>
File: ffxiv_11262015_205253.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_11262015_205253.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>320276351
Only with one person I know IRL. Everyone else I play with I only know through the game.

You really gotta join a Free Company if you want to socialize at all. No one uses local chat.
>>
>>320276867
Yep, there's a great analysis of this on youtube by MrBTongue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvK8fua6O64

tl;dr: Games are so focused on being different from WoW on a superficial level that they don't realize how much they're taking for granted.
>>
Wait for Lost Ark to make it to US

At least it's nice graphics and flashy combat will distract you from the dead genre
>>
I wish I could enjoy them again. Even with friends its hard to really have fun in MMOs. They keep making things so streamlined and easy and the devs cant keep up with the clearing pace.
>>
>>320276867
There are almost always some MMOs nobody's heard of that are actually great even post-WoW, such as Eve, Wakfu, Dofus, Mabinogi, Haven and Hearth, Trickster Online, etc. The hard part is to find them. The hardest part is to find them IN TIME so that they haven't been ruined/aren't closed/aren't wowified by the time you get to them.
>>
>>320277130
EVE predates WoW, and aside from Wakfu/Dofus the rest of those MMOs you mentioned are the same Nexon-style of Koreang grindfests I mentioned earlier that are far, far from great.
>>
PLAY XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X
>>
>>320249771
I've been greatly enjoying FFXIV for months now. Gilgamesh is so fucking populated that it reminds me of Vanilla WoW where everywhere is crowded and everyone is doing something whether it's hunting, crafting, gathering. raiding, socializing, etc.
>>
>>320277561
I'm on Ultros. It's pretty empty most of the time, which is good because my toaster drops to about 2 fps when there's a lot of people in the zone.
>>
>People honestly believe MMOs can be good.
One flaw instantly makes an MMO crumble.
>>
I'd love to play ffxiv but paying 12 euro a month for sub is a little bit too much in my part of the world, where i have literally 450 euro salary and its considered very good. Is there anyway i can earn for sub in game?
>>
>>320277932
Nope, no equivalent to PLEX or anything.
>>
>>320277370
That is the case pre-closure for trickster and is the case for nexon, but that wasn't always like this beside the crafting in mb. H&H still isn't like that even if it went p2p recently.
>>
So how's Blade & Soul?
It seems to have combat like in Tera that I liked but it's f2p with cashshop and that might be shit.
>>
>>320275247
old maple was fucking garbage and every other mmo is garbage so if you don't like new maple you wont like anything
>>
>>320278252
It's like better Tera.
>>
>>320278279
Old maple was good. Not great, but good. New maple is beyond dogshit. There have been many good MMOs over the years. Kill yourself.
>>
all the tera fags are going to blade and soul, try it out nigger
>>
>>320261461
I already did that in MGS V so I feel like I can do it again. I remember it being pretty fun when i played it a couple of years ago
>>
>>320278391
>>320278525
How p2w is it?
>>
File: 1449707723309.gif (4 MB, 270x263) Image search: [Google]
1449707723309.gif
4 MB, 270x263
GW2 is a steaming pile of shit. ANet abandoned dungeons and shit all over the dungeoneering community. the expansion is literally just an elaboration on a free fucking update that added just as much content as the expansion does. stay away from it. it's a pile of HORSE SHIT.
>>
No one mentioned ArcheAge or Albion Online?
>>
>>320279823
probably because they arent really mmos
>>
>>320279823
Garbage and p2w: the grindy beta.
>>
>>320279823
Both are utter and complete cash grabs thrown on top of hot garbage and broken, ruined dreams, anon.
>>
>>320249771
I've been having a lot of fun with FFXIV, easily one of the most polished MMOs I can recall.

The only real problem I have with it is the amount of RMT spam in-game but ever since I started using Guildworks, I haven't seen any of it in almost a year.
>>
>>320280327
Lol ohh anon saying ArcheAge isn't a real MMO you have discredited everything you say from now on. Also West is Best.
>>
>>320280749
That's dependant entirely on your server. On balmung I haven't seen an RMT message literally ever over the last year and a half that I've been playing.
>>
>>320280780
why? do you think aa is mmo?
>>
>>320281238
Yeah, people everywhere only instance zones are dungeons, open area pvp. It's a sandbox mmo.
>>
>>320281441
>people everywhere
If by "people" you mean 5 bots and a whale paying for the aforementioned bots to exist, then sure.
>>
>>320281441
Really? open zones are more like hubs with channels. open pvp isnt that open either, just few zones. sandbox? you mean you can go chop tree and build house wherever you want? i dont think so. also buy players you mean bots and gold sellers?
>>
>>320281237
Probably because Balmung is literally so full that bots/Chinese cant make new accounts.
>>
>>320276312
Black chocolate is good, fucking manchild.
>>
>>320281764
That would be funny, but no. The vast majority are creepy futaroes and futaroe enthusiasts.

At least they keep to uldal and result in literally no bots or RMT anywhere in sight...
>>
>>320281582
>>320281718
Nice game archebabies.
>>
>>320281718
>>320281441
I see we have some butthurt anons who blew up their weapons during the regrade event.
>>
>>320281975
Don't be silly. That would require me actually playing the game for bit longer.
>>
>>320273705
>>320273453
>6 sets of armor per entire game and all classes
>rest in cash shop
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
Suck a dick faggot
>>
>>320281975
Anon, your "game" (read: gachapon cash grab built on broken dreams) is so dead that even e-celebs like goyfaust jumped ship a year ago.

How much "whale oil" have you dumped into that steaming pile of garbage that you feel an emotional need to defend it?
>>
>>320282302
So? Who cares about outfits.
>>
>>320282523
>armors are outfits
gtfo
>>
>>320282523
2 zones, no features, broken combat, gender/race-locked classes, no content, infinite grind.
>>
File: 1449665000749.jpg (49 KB, 682x682) Image search: [Google]
1449665000749.jpg
49 KB, 682x682
>>320282449
>Goyfaust and e-celebs

Plz kill the yourself anon. Also I'm glad goy left he sounds like a jew.
>>
File: Playing as a girl in rpgs.gif (3 MB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
Playing as a girl in rpgs.gif
3 MB, 384x288
Are there any mmorpgs that don't require much time investment?
By that I mean one where I can reach endgame fairly quick and most of the endgame grinding, if any, is for cosmetics and stuff that doesn't really influence in my performance.
>>
>>320282642
See those are real concerns.
>>
>>320273453
You mean the game that went from 30,000 viewers to 30 on twitch in less than 8 hours?

It's so bad even the twitch babies won't watch OTHER people play it.
>>
>>320282762
This is the same guy who is so dedicated to games that he fucking decompiles them and makes calculators that are better than the in-game tools.

When an autist of that level bails: it's over.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.