[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2005-~2010 /v/ >anyone heard about this new Dwarf Fortress
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1417755548397.gif (421 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1417755548397.gif
421 KB, 700x525
>2005-~2010 /v/

>anyone heard about this new Dwarf Fortress game? Here's my magma chamber
>How do I save curly guys?
>What are you trading in EVE?
>post ss13 screens
>>he doesn't praise saint jiub every day before bed
>Join my quake server, rails only.

>~2010-2015 /v/

>Fallout 4 thread. Now that the dust has cleared can't we all agree that this game is amazing?
>Get that spreadsheet simulator out of here, Battlefield 4 for life!
>that feel when your friend wont play league of legends with you
>Battlefront webms! It's worth every penny guys!
>That dwarf game looks autistic and doesn't even have graphics. neckbeardfedora.jpg
>Anyone else feel Dark Souls is too hard?

When exactly did it all go wrong? When did /v/ start glorifying normality and suppressing weirdness and niche?

It wasn't supposed to be like this. You were supposed to be the place for people like me.
>>
>people talking about video games killed /v/

I wish. People talking about games I don't like would be preferable to 1000 sjw, twitter, gamefaq, shitposting threads.
>>
>frogposting
You're no better than them
>>
>2005-2010
>LoL general
>Battlefield General
>Halo General
>Wow General
>Vindictus General

If you want an insular "Niche" circlejerk, go shit up a /vg/
>>
I would say SomethingAwful had a lot to do with it. They started the whole 'neckbeard'/'autist' meme which is literally just a new way of making fun of people for being weird. And 4chan ate it up.

One thing that hasn't changed about 4chan is that it loves to eat its own, it loves to self-divide so it can be conquered by outside forces. This happened with furries/MLP, 'autists/neckbeards', and is now happening to those who don't drink the socjus kool-aid.

If there's a group of people who hate themselves and have been taking shit from society all their lives, all you have to do in order to turn them against one another is give them a group to hate even more. This guy wears a fedora or likes ponies or some shit, so he's more pathetic than me... that makes me feel good! I'll join in on the mockery and fun.

It's just a giant shitshow. 4chan is being assimilated into the sphere of normality.
>>
>>320233694

generals more or less did not exist pre-2008 and chained threads would get deleted

if you're going to pretend to be an oldfag try harder
>>
4chan was simply a lot smaller then. All those news reports about steroidal hackers might have been fun to laugh at, at the time, but they sorta sealed 4chan's death with the huge boom in popularity.

Plus >>320233781
>>
File: 1432927496616.gif (607 KB, 800x792) Image search: [Google]
1432927496616.gif
607 KB, 800x792
>he doesn't like watching it all burn
>he doesn't know something will grow from the ashes
>>
File: hitler war announcement.jpg (949 KB, 2048x1486) Image search: [Google]
hitler war announcement.jpg
949 KB, 2048x1486
4chan needs a dictator.
>>
>>320233451
>People talking about games I don't like would be preferable to 1000 sjw, twitter, gamefaq, shitposting threads.

So why aren't you posting on NeoGAF?
>>
>>320234331
Wow, excuse me, can you please not post that here. Hitler was a very evil man who hated diversity and murdered 7 million jews. That's not an acceptable thing to say and it really hurts my feelings.
>>
>>320234625

>7 million

Oy vei, why are you being so antisemetic? Lowest estimates put it at seven gorillions.
>>
and the /v/ meta shitpost transforms into its natural evolution, the /pol/ shitpost. shows over folks go home!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.