[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friend is offering one of his GTX 980's for $260 because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: BF4bench.png (125 KB, 681x1671) Image search: [Google]
BF4bench.png
125 KB, 681x1671
Friend is offering one of his GTX 980's for $260 because he's moving overseas.

Is this a worthwhile upgrade from my trusty, but old GTX 670?

PC build thread as well I guess.
>>
>>320231454

Give me your friends contact I'll buy it off him you worthless worm
>>
It is a monstrously significant upgrade.

But if you REALLY want DX12, Either go AMD or at the minimum wait for pascal if you must have Nvidia

Nvidia is having to emulate hardware features of DX12, even Pascal will have it.

They really weren't ready for it.
>>
>>320231542
He says this is "mates rates", so he won't offer it for that price for anyone else.

>>320231563
I was thinking of waiting, but this could be a nice upgrade while I wait.
>>
shit I'd buy it for $260

fuck Canadian prices
>>
>>320231702

Tell him I'll suck his dick so that we're "mates"
>>
absolutely, 980 will run everything
>>
>>320231454
id do it. i would have to build a whole new rig to run it, but id do it
>>
>>320231563
How bad is the GTX 980 in DX12? I don't want to waste my money and be gimped.
>>
>>320232626
For now it's fine, but Nvidia literally asked devs not to use certain DX12 features for now because they're emulated and not as well as they'd like.

Not to mention for DX12 you need to sign away your freedom and be spied on, because Windows 10.
>>
MASSIVE upgrade, I'd go for it. It will be a card to max/high setting games on for a while.
>>
>>320232762
I've already got Windows 10. But it's Enterprise so I have disable all non-essential network traffic and all the bloatware.
>>
File: Sponsored by Microsoft™.png (38 KB, 764x557) Image search: [Google]
Sponsored by Microsoft™.png
38 KB, 764x557
>>320231454
give him $280 and a handy for being a fucking bro and if you can upgrade to Windows 10™ today!
>>
>>320232626

Way better than anything else you'd get for $260.
>>
>>320233252

Get it, I got it for $400 when it came out and i've crushed every game since then. Despite the shitty AMD cards that released my card is still in the top 3.

>OCs like a beast
>quiet as a leaf
>Monster base performance
>Low power consumption

Literally the best card to get now that the price has dropped. Don't listen to 390xfags or Furyfags, 980 stomps it on average and even then the 390x can't OC worth a shit, same with the Fury.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.