[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You guys gonna main him when he's unveiled tonight, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9
File: 1447391079108.png (517 KB, 931x876) Image search: [Google]
1447391079108.png
517 KB, 931x876
You guys gonna main him when he's unveiled tonight, right?
>>
File: 2511451-banjo+(1).jpg (21 KB, 275x313) Image search: [Google]
2511451-banjo+(1).jpg
21 KB, 275x313
>>
>>
File: sakekurai.jpg (13 KB, 214x225) Image search: [Google]
sakekurai.jpg
13 KB, 214x225
No filthy Westerners in my game.
>>
File: 11351545644.jpg (115 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
11351545644.jpg
115 KB, 800x450
>>320224841
Oh. okay.
>>
Is there an actual chance, or is this just complete bullshit? Was Banjo-Kazooie even big over in Japan?
>>
>>320225078
Big enough to have a cult following, be among the top 10 for the Japan-only Melee ballots, and be considered by Sakurai for Melee, but dropped due to "adult matters."
>>
>>320225078
It's always had a decent chunk of the sales, but not a ridiculous amount. First game sold 500k.

To be fair, the precedent worldwide and particularly with US and EU audiences justifies it, although I know that's not going to be considered outside of Little Mac.
>>
>>320224841
What about Sanic? He was made by an American/Hawaiian company.
>>
Please stop getting my fucking hopes up goddamnit
>>
>>320224841
Diddy Kong is in.

Fun fact: Diddy Kong is the ONLY western created character in the roster, and the only other western character in the game is Dark Samus the assist trophy.

Little Mac (and Donkey Kong obviously) use current designs created by western developers, but the characters themselves were not.
>>
File: 1321448.jpg (67 KB, 1116x631) Image search: [Google]
1321448.jpg
67 KB, 1116x631
>>320225078
At the time it left a big enough impression on Nintendo for them to include Banjo with their other IP's in the N64DD Mario Paint.

It also sold more than most western developed N64 games in Japan at around 400,000 but didn't sell more than DK64 or Diddy Kong Racing.
>>
>>320225078
Sakurai did contact Rare during Melee's development for models of them for trophies but never ended up using them.

Sakurai said James Bond and Banjo & Kazooie were some of the most requested characters for Smash 2, along with Peach, Wario, King Dedede, etc. but because of "adult reasons" they could not be added.
>>
>>320225078

it has a cult following
>>
>>320225627
See >>320222718

It has to be Banjo anon, it just HAS to be. There's no other way.
>>
>>320224272
Even if Banjo & Kazooie did get in, it wouldn't be the Banjo & Kazooie most people want. It would be the stupid new square ones.
>>
Down B = Slam, hold to drill slam while being airborne
Neutral B = Shoot an egg in a straight line, can walk and jump while shooting it
Up B = Beak Bomb, can aim in any direction, works similar to Fox and Falco's Up B
Neutral A = Bear swipes
Running A = BK roll
Up Smash = Banjo swings his backpack up above himself
Forward Smash = Banjo takes out Kazooie and slams her on the ground in front of him
Final Smash =
Down Smash =
Side B =

Needs Final Smash, Down Smash and Side B. Anyway, r8?
>>
>>320226254

cloud's appearance is straight off of ffvii artwork, same with pac-man
>>
>>320226254
Because Cloud is his Dissidia emo design, PacMan is his shitty TV design, and MegaMan is not his classic design.
>>
File: conker.jpg (32 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
conker.jpg
32 KB, 620x349
>>
>>320226312
Up B should be Fly, and I'd like it if they had a split up mechanic, but I doubt it's possible if IC are an indication.

Though, I'm sure many of their moves from Tooie can still show up.

For F Smash, everyone says Jinjonator, I say Washing Machine.
>>
>>320226398
>alcoholic who regularly shouts profanity
Better chance of the hypothetical next Punch-Out game having Vodka Drunkinski in the American version.
>>
>>320226254
I think the Nuts n Bolts designs are just fine (eyes should be enlarged though), so I'd be fine with that. I just fucking want Banjo Kazooie.
>>
File: 1443868509678.jpg (414 KB, 1840x3264) Image search: [Google]
1443868509678.jpg
414 KB, 1840x3264
As much as I REALLY want it to happen, it's not going to.

Yes the numerous amounts of clues are there but it's probably going to be something dumb like Cooking Mama knowing Sakurai.

All I'm saying is, dont get your hopes too high. If it doesn't happen then you won't be as disappointed.
>>
>>320226217
What youtuber rumor are they talking about?
>>
>>320226694
I can't anymore man, too many clues to deny.

It's gotta be Banjo, if it's not I will be very disappointed, and rightfully so.

It's just unavoidable not to have your hopes up at this point. This is the best shot they've had in AGES. The impossible became possible. It's insane.

If it doesn't happen, then it's just one more disappointment to add to the list in recent gaming.

Banjo in Smash would be the silver lining to an otherwise shitty year.
>>
>>320226547
>who regularly shouts profanity
confirmed for not playing the game
>>
>>320226829
A YouTuber was supposedly flown out by Nintendo to have his reaction filmed by them.

It's probably bullshit, but who knows anymore.
>>
>>320226312
Side B could be Beak Barge
Up B could be a Shock Spring Jump.
On Banjo's second jump, Kazooie springs from the backpack to do a Feathery Flap and give a boost to Banjo's horizontal momentum.

Down Smash feels like it should be a backpack swing, if only because most DSmashes are sweeps on either side, but I'm drawing a blank as well for moves like that.
Final Smash could either be Jinjonator summon from BK1 or Wonderwing, though Wonderwing's seems limited in mobility. Even a transformation sequence from Mumbo / Wumba could work.
>>
>>320224272
The problem I have with it is that Banjo-Kazooie would have been great years ago, either in melee or even in Brawl. At this point all it reminds me of is a has been series strictly owned by microsoft and let me down after Tooie. The first two games were fantastic, dont get me wrong, but me, and most other kids at the time, were lead to believe there would be a trilogy. Much like how Viewtiful Joe is in MvC. I love the character, but all they are doing is rubbing salt in an old wound by parading around what could have been.
>>
>>320227245
Wonderwing should be his blocking animation.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.