[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
They couldn't possibly casualize the next Elder Scrolls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6
File: Bethesda.jpg (791 KB, 2700x1500) Image search: [Google]
Bethesda.jpg
791 KB, 2700x1500
They couldn't possibly casualize the next Elder Scrolls games anymore? Right?

Right?
>>
They'll finally get a good engine just to make it a shitty rail shooter.
>>
who cares at this point
>>
>>320221685
I didn't believe they could for FO4 and boy, was I wrong
>>
Voiced protag here we come

>>320222076
The reason they don't use a new engine is because they already have modding implemented and don't want to have to get it working in another engine. They could use idtech6 but I'm not sure how well that engine would work with an open world game.
>>
File: Hammerfell_map.jpg (110 KB, 400x402) Image search: [Google]
Hammerfell_map.jpg
110 KB, 400x402
I get that they are reluctant to ditch their engine because they're used to working with it, but...

Fallout 4 feels dated in ways that are kind of surprising, and its similarity to Skyrim makes it seem like they've plateaued. They really should take advantage of idTech and strive for all around fluidity. But their development cycles are so long that the rest of the industry inevitably makes strides and sets new standards that Bethesda can't utilize themselves.

I'm really hoping that they take the relatively quieter reception to Fallout 4 as a sign that they really need to shake things up.

tl;dr They need a new fucking engine
>>
My dream Elder Scrolls game is set between High Rock/Hammerfell and plays like related vid perhaps minus the kicking mechanic or at least toned down a bit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYFqZrsS7VM
>>
>>320222494
>Voiced protag here we come
They are too lazy to do voiced protag for every race. Unless they restrict it to only one race in the next game.
>>
Fallout 4 was better than Skyrim, but I think that was due to them taking cues from New Vegas. I'm sure quality in TES series will continue to drop. At least it will be another 4 years before we have to see it.
>>
>>320221685
Whatever it takes to sell more copies. Whatever it takes.
>>
>>320222975
Every race has the same voice.
>>
>>320221685
>thinking they wont use a dialogue wheel
>thinking voiced protags wont be a thing
ACCEPT YOUR FATE.
>>
>>320222975
Don't give them ideas!
>>
>>320223126
It's going to be strange being the only Argonian that sounds Imperial.
>>
>>320223175
The TES continent having more than one race was a transcription error.
>>
File: 1449099564934.jpg (37 KB, 470x751) Image search: [Google]
1449099564934.jpg
37 KB, 470x751
>>320222724
>Skaven
SAY WHAT NOW
>>
I'm honestly not sure how much further they could dumb it down. But if anyone can find a way, it's Bethesda.
>>
File: ba.png (114 KB, 1557x449) Image search: [Google]
ba.png
114 KB, 1557x449
>>320222857
I really hope it will happen one of these sequels.
>>
>>320222983
>taking cues from New Vegas
like what?
>>
>>320221685
>remove argonians say its since most don't play them
>remove more classes just weapon or magic user
>shinrk map say it was to enhance textures
>drop vampires
>every goal is highlighted sHitman style
>fewer dungeons
>fewer armor types
>armor and weapons focus on upgrading and never really using new ones or just one best set everyone will use
>remove mod support to focus more on consoles
>remove more locations say its to allow for more populated cities then have 8 people in them
>cut content to advertise as a graphical monolith, release a fugly game (oh they keep doing that already)

I personally find their games fairly dull in their vanilla form and kinda boring. But they could do a whole fuck load worse. And I'm fairly sure they will just not that bad.
>>
File: 1429191104815.gif (61 KB, 370x200) Image search: [Google]
1429191104815.gif
61 KB, 370x200
>>320221685
Streamlining finds a way.
>>
>>320223671
>armor and weapons focus on upgrading and never really using new ones or just one best set everyone will use
I hated this in ME2.
>>
>>320223590

>Multiple factions
>Companion quests
>... Iron sights?
>>
>>320222857
I know this gets posted a lot whenever someone hopes for what the next TES will be like, but this really is what they need. I don't know if this amount of physics shenanigans is possible in a huge open world, but even if it isn't, the combat looks leagues better than thwacking enemies in the face until they fall over.

Can't they recruit Arkane people, or have the people behind this game long since moved on?
>>
>>320221685
elder scrolls 6 will be a mobile game.
>>
>>320223870
The TES games already have plenty of physics stuff. The stuff in that game is pretty simple to do. They just don't do it.
>>
They should have used idtech for fallout 4. It's already a half assed rpg, might as well give it good gameplay instead of the gamebyro shit
>>
>>320223870
Pretty sure Arkane said they wanted to do a sequel, but just need a new publisher to back development
>>
>>320223870
>that telekinetic spell
A way to level the spell itself would be awesome, imagine being able to do the same to mammoth or even dagon himself.
>>
>>320224001
They need like a dedicated Dungeons division that focuses on crafting unique dungeons with multiple ways of traversal and solution. I mean like some Legend of Zelda shit. Wallrunning and parkour abilities under an Acrobatics tree, tools like that sweet-ass rope arrow for rogue characters, Dishonored's Blink for magic users, shit like that.

We saw of glimmer of that in some of Skyrim's DLC dungeons, but we need more of that cranked up to 11.
>>
>>320224183
I'm not sure if idtech would be able to do an open world game. They might be able to do it in some hacky way but even if you can make large maps with it that doesn't necessarily mean it's built to do open world games.

>>320224460
Considering how they've gimped leveling and let you be a master of everything it would be against their ethos to have exclusive powers to certain classes or skills unless you can get all of them. Mainstream RPGs have completely gutted specialization because finding out you can't do something because of how you built your character annoys casuals.
>>
>Voiced protagonist
>Skills are removed, replaced by perks
>Exp is now gained by killing things and completing quests
>Gloves and boots are now combined with torso/leg armor.
>"Press A to automatic kill animation"
>Every companion is bi and all can be married
>Magic schools are now just Restoration, Destruction, and Alteration
>Health, magicka, and stamina fully restore after combat
>All named NPCs are essential unless a quest tells you to kill them
>[spoilers]QTEs for boss fights[/spoilers]
>>
>dialog is just accept quest
>only magic is shouts
>makeshift weapons are shovels and nails
>all of the bandits only carry makeshift weapons
>armor system is just metal ingots and animal skins tied to your legs and arms
>you can only play imperial voiced mc
>all dungeons are just a one floor single hallway
>>
>>320224668
That last point is true and it hurts
It's pretty obvious that's why fallout 4 took away skills
>>
File: 9b0[1].png (374 KB, 600x669) Image search: [Google]
9b0[1].png
374 KB, 600x669
>>320221685
INFINITE QUESTS
>>
>>320223783
That is exactly what I had in mind when I wrote it.

I've seen games do it well through an upgrade system that enhances or gives you slots to fill where you have to make choices, but its usually not handled well. And it really wouldn't make sense in sword and sorcery RPGs, but I could see it happening to 'streamline' controller use.
>>
>>320222857
>home of master swordsmen
>great combat mechanics finally
Smarter than 11-11-11
>>
>>320221685

Who cares?

Mods always fix everything... except skyrim. Fuck skyrim leveling system.
>>
There will be 6 optional voices.
>Male & female "Warrior" voice
>Male & female "Rogue" voice
>Male & female "Mage" voice

You know this is the only way to have a voiced protag in TES. Yes I know it's limited but that seems to be Bethesda's M.O.
>>
>>320228881
6 voices seems too many. It will probably be "human male/female" and "beast race male/female"
>>
>>320221685

It's going to be exactly like Skyrim.

Skyrim sold many copies and satisfied the average casual guy, not to mention a lot of non-casuals played it as well. Bethesda has no reason to try anything new. Perhaps they will add a few extra "features" to make it feel richer than it's predecessor but it's core will remain intact.
>>
>>320229234
bethesda isn't smart

they made teso after all
>>
You know, I'm not entirely opposed to a more "cinematic", Mass Effect-style dialogue system, but I don't think it necessitates a voiced protagonist. The first Dragon Age had cinematic dialogue without a voiced protagonist, and that was fine.
>>
>>320229278
A new team put together by Zenimax did.
>>
>>320229113

Beastraces will just have normal voices in the next TES. Theyll go back to using Daggerfall/Arena kajit and argonians.
>>
>>320229234
>Skyrim sold many copies and satisfied the average casual guy, not to mention a lot of non-casuals played it as well. Bethesda has no reason to try anything new.

Well, other than creative ambition, but it doesn't seem like they have much of that.
>>
>>320221685

Voiced protag and no race selection.
>>
>>320221685
>(sorry about my bad english)
>be 2017
>TES VI (6 for all you retards) comes out
>based on Black Marsh since all the other big ones are done (cat people place, Valenwood and nigger island are to small)
>Shitty main quest that probably revolves around a zombie infestation (to appeal to COD fags)
>Stats dont exist anymore
>Everything is a perk
>All perks unlocked by level 8
>Same dialogue system as Fallout 4 but changed slightly
>Tiny as fuck map with little to no places other than story places.
>Pretty much no factions
>All enemies are damage sponges
>Multiplayer to some extent?
>DLC is probably multiplayer
>DLC = "oh look, we're back on Solstheim"
>DLC = horse armor?
>Mod support so modders can fix their mess
>Released buggy asf (as usual)
what do you guys think?
>>
>>320231307
I think reddit is in the other direction
>>
>>320221685
look at the trend of their games, sales numbers and betheshits prior record, I'd say its inevitable. the lack of dignity that bethesda and most other game companies treat their playerbase with is laughable. but think how dumb the average person is, and then half of people are dumber than that. so in a capitalistic society that's what we get for becoming the hardcore fringe. we're no longer the target audience.

as long as review sites write with the below average retard in mind that's just how most games are going to be. hopefully execs see dark souls continued success and simply see it as another market to capitalize so we get some more games that respect their worlds, their characters and their players.
>>
How come Skyrim is so grey and uncomfy? Morrowind and Oblivion are comfy as fuck

And the music in Skyrim is so forgettable
>>
>>320232302
it's a big tundra
>>
>>320232085
>the board that got tricked by /pol/ into donating thousands to feminists is calling other people dumb

Hilarious
>>
>>320222975
Didn't even thought this. Fuck, now I'm sure they'll do that.
>>
>>320232302
Skyrim's OST is better than Oblivion's and slightly below Morrowind's,
>>
>>320232419
I can't remember what Skyrim's soundtrack even sounds like though, apart from the main theme
>>
>>320232632
It had few good tracks. Oblivion was kinda dull game and soundtrack too.
>>
>>320221685
My hope is that Bethesda will listen to the criticism. That they will develop a new engine, cater to all gamers instead of just the casual gamers, and work on both their asset quality and the overall optimization of their game. I still enjoy Fallout 4 and Skyrim, but I'd like to see them take the best of Morrowind and combine that with the best of Skyrim to make The Elder Scrolls VI. I'd also like for it to take place in Elsweyr, but it doesn't have to.
>>
>>320223410
Are you high? That anon didn't mention anything Warhammer-related. Really though just bugger off, this is an Elder Scrolls thread.
>>
>>320231307
If Bethesda does that they'll be digging their own grave.
>>
>>320234921
I'm 90% sure they won't develop new engine for TES VI. I'm not even sure they know how to do that.
>>
>>320235078
Look at the map.
>>
>>320235549
Not everything is a Warhammer reference. You Warhammer fans are some of the most unbearable people on the internet. Go back to >>>/tg/.
>>
>>320221685
They can and will, my dream is one day there will be a new RPG driven by the fury and let down bethesda has made
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.