[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you thank your healer, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8
File: tank.png (130 KB, 780x477) Image search: [Google]
tank.png
130 KB, 780x477
Do you thank your healer, /v/?
>>
File: holy trinity.jpg (330 KB, 1948x858) Image search: [Google]
holy trinity.jpg
330 KB, 1948x858
>implying the hardest job isn't a good damage dealer
>>
>>320220359
Those fluid dynamics equations are giving me bad memories
>>
File: everquest classic.jpg (2 MB, 3784x1941) Image search: [Google]
everquest classic.jpg
2 MB, 3784x1941
>ITT: Fucktards who are too young the holy trinity was actually Tank, Healer, CC/SUPPORT

I.e. warrior/cleric/enchanter in Everquest.
>>
>>320220359
>implying one neckbeard on a forum doesnt do the math
>implying every other dps doesnt just copy his rotation
>>
>>320220359
The hardest thing to learn as a healer, is to know when not to heal.
Your instinct is to heal when someone goes low, but to do that puts too much threat on you since the heals are less effective on the squishy rogues.
A truly masterful healer, is the one that lets the rogue die when the rogue messes up.
Whenever a rogue dies in your party you should thank your healer, and probably insult the rogue desu.
>>
>>320220359

I love this image. It reeks of salty DPS.
>>
>>320220598
This

Why can't people just admit it takes an actual team to do anything right.
>>
>>320220104

>thanking someone for doing their job

I don't thank dps for hitting shit with a sword, it's expected.
>>
As someone who's never really participated enough in MMOs to see this in action, it seems more like a hierarchy than a trinity. DPS is the most important class since they're the ones directly contributing to the objective, while tank and healer are secondary classes that are just there to keep the DPS alive long enough to complete the objective. Of course this is assuming that the majority of the co-operative missions are just "kill the things and you win". If big-party quests were more varied I could see some credibility to the claim that the classes are equally important
>>
>>320221265
Yet the DPS classes are the only ones you can remove from the party and clear the instance.
>>
File: 1437590591650.jpg (82 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1437590591650.jpg
82 KB, 612x612
>>320221265
That wasn't the case early on with mmos. People always wanted more tanks and healers. It changed up when developers started adding enrage/overwhelming damage mechanics that forced groups to adjust and NEED dps.
>>
File: 1437198987078.png (892 KB, 628x573) Image search: [Google]
1437198987078.png
892 KB, 628x573
>>320221945
and supports, damn.

I remember when Ragnaros first fell down in WoW, the original raiding guild was pissed off that it forced its members to all roll a ton of combat rogues to beat a certain mechanic. They liked that their buddies were playing an excess of healers and such.
>>
>>320220530
who does the damage? serious question.
>>
File: EQ_RoK_censored_image.jpg (268 KB, 700x298) Image search: [Google]
EQ_RoK_censored_image.jpg
268 KB, 700x298
>>320222306
Whoever comes along. Warriors themselves are the ones who do any dps from those 3. Otherwise there was a ton of classes to fit in for roles. Hell sometimes it was a quadrinity because people always loved to have Monks as pullers in that game.
>>
File: feels.gif (306 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
feels.gif
306 KB, 256x192
>tfw want to play a healer but none of the populated MMOs out right now seem fun
>>
the trick is that every role is smashing 3-4 buttons at set times so arguing which is harder is retarded
>>
File: eqnwallpaper-firiona.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
eqnwallpaper-firiona.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>320220530
>Using outdated art
This isn't the 70's anymore.
>>
I thank anyone that's being helpful because it's rare
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.