[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ was right for a change, this is the best Final Fantasy there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: ffx_1024x768.jpg (554 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
ffx_1024x768.jpg
554 KB, 1024x768
/v/ was right for a change, this is the best Final Fantasy there is. Also, is it fair to say that the quality of Final Fantasy games are now based on how much they are like Bravely Default?
>>
It is absolutely nowhere near the best in the series, but it also doesn't deserve all the hate it gets. II, XIII, and arguably I, III and VIII are all worse
>>
File: 1444573081820.jpg (169 KB, 765x966) Image search: [Google]
1444573081820.jpg
169 KB, 765x966
>>320210238
Favorite Final Fantasy games
FVII, FIX, and FFX

Pretty great as well
VI, VIII, and Type-0

Okay
FF13, FFIV, FFXII, and FF1

Excited to play
FFV and FFXV

Bad
FFII
>>
>>320210238
this was my favorite until i played VII and XII

I still love it though
>>
>>320211787
> II, XIII, and arguably I, III and VIII are all worse
I think I second all of that.

I'd at at least IV though.
>>
File: 1442667844812.jpg (253 KB, 850x689) Image search: [Google]
1442667844812.jpg
253 KB, 850x689
>>320212934
>FVII, FIX
Ha, my bad
>>
FFX has flaws but anyone who acts like Tidus is anything other than a GOAT protagonist doesn't know what the fuck they are talking about
>>
>>320213347
i agree

although i personally like Squall a lot more, Tidus is still one of the best protags
>>
>>320210238
>/v/ was right for a change, this is the best Final Fantasy there is

Just no. X is legit the worst in the series.
>>
OP here. I am playing this for the first real time (played once when I was too young to video games). I have all the crests and sigils for the celestial weapons, except for Wakka's, and all the weapons themselves, except for Lulu's—yes, I actually went and dodged 340 lightning bolts in a row, before even having the weapon (I had way more trouble with the Chocobo race, though).

I'm playing the original version on my PS3 that plays PS2 games.
>>
>>320213756
Your opinion is bad, and you should feel bad.
>>
>>320210238
It's not my favorite game in the series, but I do agree that it's the best one overall.

I haven't played Bravely Default yet. I'm interested in it, but the 3DS has almost nothing else I care about other than SMT.
>>
It's easily one of if not the best. The OST is fucking amazing, all the main characters are at least relatively interesting and have their uses. The sphere grid is fucking dank, blitzball is the most fun many game in any ff. Ranks right up there with ff:tactics for me.
>>
>>320210238

Does Bravely Default have a battle queue? GOAT system.
>>
>>320214019

I just remembered I dodged all those lightning bolts for my ex girlfriend two years ago. And now she hates me.

Fuck. Thanks anon.
>>
FFX is alright I suppose. The many games are ... well ... they are alright. Story line is great to the point where it carries most of the games credibility. The sphere grid is an excellent take on leveling stats and gaining abilities with monster arena coming into play for max stat fags. Not my favourite FF but not the worse one.
>>
It's weird. So many people bitch endlessly about XIII's linearity every time it's brought up to the point that you'd think every single game Square-Enix made after XIII was just as fucking linear, but X either gets bitched at as well or completely glossed over despite the game basically being a rollercoaster. But then X actually had other things to do besides run forwards and grind, at least, plus the usual 'game opens up significantly with an airship' part.
>>
>>320214950
>50 hours of absolutely nothing but hallways, bad characters and bad combat
>35 hours of mostly hallways but a fair bit of optional stuff, decent but not great characters and good combat
>>
>>320210238
If you're using Bravely Default as a basis for how bad a game can be, sure.
>>
>>320215380
I was mostly talking about linearity, not the cohesive whole of the titles.
The way various people act, linearity is the devil itself and XIII is an apparent monument to all of Square-Enix's sins. The rest of the game's shit is precisely why the linearity is awful since there's nothing to fucking do, but then FF7R comes up, and people are immediately saying it'll be another XIII. Despite none of the games since XIII being anywhere near as linear.
>>
>>320210238
X has a cool combat system marred by horrible balance that's only mildly fixed up in the International version and the worst fucking story and writing ever combined with unskippable cutscenes.

Why? Why would you do this? The game itself is fun to play but everything else is utter shit that I want nothing to do with.
>>
File: hahaha.jpg (164 KB, 840x560) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.jpg
164 KB, 840x560
>>320210238
>this is the best Final Fantasy there is

LMAO, baby's first Final Fantasy game

seriously, how many of them did you actually play before this one? You didn't fucking play it, don't lie
>>
X is a shit fucking game. Why do underage faggots like this game? Just kill yourself.
>>
File: tomyface.jpg (15 KB, 385x216) Image search: [Google]
tomyface.jpg
15 KB, 385x216
>>320218196
You Wot M8! ill deck you rite in the gabbah swear on me mum!
>>
Ffx sucks because of rocks paper scissor combat. Look at the enemy, swap out to the appropriate party member, one shot enemy. I really didn't like that.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.