[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I make money in this shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: valve-steam-community-market.png (192 KB, 915x845) Image search: [Google]
valve-steam-community-market.png
192 KB, 915x845
How do I make money in this shit?
>>
Play games and sell your shit
>>
File: anthonythinktano.jpg (30 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
anthonythinktano.jpg
30 KB, 600x800
>>320193284
It's literally a lottery. You open csgo cases hoping you get a dumb knife or tf2 cases hoping you get a dumb hat, just so you can sell it to some autist.

Oh and you're making steambux not real money
>>
>>320193284

You turn off your computer and get a real job.
>>
Its not you thats supposed to make money.
Its valve.
>>
My friend swears he took what he learned here into his financial analyst job. He was smart already, but he attributes his professional and personal stock, investment, whatever the fuck he does skill to what he learned in trade servers.
>>
I haven't played tf2 or CS since tf2 went f2p.

Has anyone gamed the system yet? I'd figure there'd be some tiny custom maps and scripts so you and friends can constantly kill each other and get drops while you sleep.
>>
>>320193284
Sorry, you're an idiot. Give up.
>>
just sell cards and crates, get a free game's worth of steambux every now and then.
>>
Jew people. Buy things for less than what they're worth, sell them for more than they're worth, it's basically infinite money.
>>
>>320193284
Made like 40 bux selling undershit emotes, backgrounds, and cards when it first came out. I just regret that I could only sell my spaghetti papyrus wallpaper for 26 bux instead of 50.
>>
>>320193284
By giving gabe your tax information.
>>
Play games
Sell shit

Made about 40 bucks off Undertale a while back.
Still can't believe that shitty dog emoticon and stupid Spaghetti background were selling for 12-15 dollars each. Shit was easy money.
>>
>>320195981
you get a limitted amount of drops per week.

Yes there's custom shit, but again it's limited
>>
buy low sell high, duh
>>
Buy low sell high like always
Let the retards gamble away with their shit chances

Get into selling keys, they have a very predicable market.
Don't take this shit too seriously unless your very high roller with the safe, secure capability to trade hundreds of dollars directly to a paypal for rare items.
>>
bet on dota and counterstrike games

put in trade offers which favor you

cash out at a fence (they really call themselves that) when you have a few hundred worth

its really not lucrative. I did a mixture of this and mechanical turk to pay for rent and it took me like 2 weeks of 4 hours a day to net $300
>>
File: suck it nigger.png (121 KB, 890x538) Image search: [Google]
suck it nigger.png
121 KB, 890x538
does anybody remember the gem event 2 years ago? That shit was intense and made you feel like you were in wall street, you had to know when to buy, when to sell and when to lie, it was great
>>
> tf2 no longer drops craft hats randomly
Valve finally proving they are complete jews
>>
>>320200481
you mean 12 months ago?
>>
>buy 1000 crates when they're $0.02/crate
>sell them 2 years later for $2/crate
>>
>>320201149

There's better investments out there. I could turn 20 dollars into 5000 dollars in 2 years.
>>
File: eeeh.jpg (329 KB, 840x706) Image search: [Google]
eeeh.jpg
329 KB, 840x706
>>320195621
>tfw sold TF2 Medal and Vintage Jarate for $45 over paypal
>the money wasn't chargebacked
Sometimes you gamble and you win
>>
>>320193284
you missed the r8 revolver bruv
tough luck
sticker investments are dead too now
there aint much left for making money
>>
Make skins or items.
Get in game, get real monies.
You gotta be good though, the over-advertised current flavor of the month box-tickers don't get in as often as people think.
>>
>>320193284
you can only make steam bucks
>>
>>320202689
unless you use opskins
its not the best, but its something
>>
>>320195981
In CS go there is a limit to the amount of drops you can get per week.

Valve has removed pretty much all of the ways to be profitable in GO, you just gotta hope you can get a knife in your first few cases

>>320201149
most of the crates have not increased in value. The only exception is bravo. hoarding cases doesn't net you much gain anymore when everyone is doing it
>>
>Made TF2 premium, sell weapons scrap, made 3 refined metal exchange it to pvz
>Free Dirt 3 AMD
>remember this coupon OS3874XVC?
>Bought a dota 2 item for 30$ worth 2000$
>Sell 6 dota 2 invites for skyrim on it's release
>Got a coupon for free karkland bf3 dlc and got borderlands goty and bishock infinite
>Steam market and Local currency implented sell games for cheap and earn 2000$ Steam money
>>
>>320202220
force them to include in the transaction comments that the other party has already received their goods and will not attempt to charge back the transaction
>>
>>320206459
Does that actually work?
>>
Gamble with crates. Valve nerfed the shit out of random drops.
>>
>>320202220
How does TF2 trading even work now with all the new trading restrictions and bullshit like that even before the steam mobile holding thing. Before you could just initiate quick scammable trades in game but how is it now?
>>
>>320195621
that's the dumbest way to go about it

>>320200017
this. study trends, invest, keep investing, sell when the time is right, use profits to buy valuable knife skin, sell under market price on opskins, get real money.
>>
File: im dead inside.jpg (1 MB, 4961x4961) Image search: [Google]
im dead inside.jpg
1 MB, 4961x4961
>>320207662
>200 tf2 crates
>0 unusuals

>300 csgo cases
>0 knives or even reds
I swear i have the worst luck ever
>>
File: 1449267322181.jpg (50 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1449267322181.jpg
50 KB, 500x376
>>320208297
>blow the rest of my wallet on dota 2 fall goypendium chests so i can get the free chest
>open it
>golden seeking

I also got an auspicious Vyse once, though I held onto it until its value went to shit.
>>
>>320208297
>not just selling any of those with value and making ~50 cents
>>
>Bought CS pack almost two years ago. Played here and there. Got some skins and cases.
>Check my inventory for shit to sell, because need 10 cents for valdis story.
>See bravo case, sell it for 7 bucks
Who in their right mind buy shitty cosmetics? Not even cosmetics, but a CHANCE to get rare cosmetics.
>>
>>320202220

sold my unusuals about 3 years ago for about $900, was pretty great
>>
Buy backgrounds or emotes and convert them to gems. If you have 1000+ gems go to your inventory, put them into a sack and sell it on the market. The sacks go for around 80 cents each I think.

Rinse and Repeat.
>>
File: suckers.jpg (103 KB, 963x358) Image search: [Google]
suckers.jpg
103 KB, 963x358
>Those fucking gunn mettle cases in TF2.
Shit was ridiculous when they where first dropping. Everyone was so desperate to open up a bunch of shitty re-skinned stock weapons.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.