[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of these games? Are they so bad you want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: 250px-MD_Sky_EN_boxart.jpg (30 KB, 250x224) Image search: [Google]
250px-MD_Sky_EN_boxart.jpg
30 KB, 250x224
What does /v/ think of these games? Are they so bad you want to kill yourself, or so good you want to kill other people?
>>
>>320191659
Best pokemon spinoff series by far.
>>
>>320191659
I'm actually replaying this right now, currently at temporal tower.

I loved this so much as a kid, the story was great. The gameplay has upsides and downsides. I haven't played any of the newer installments of this series so I don't know if they ever balanced moves/items or made movement smoother.

I'd say the only thing I'm disappointed with now is that I find the fights that I thought was hard as a kid easy now. I haven't gotten to Dialga or the guildmaster and crew fight, so maybe that'll change?
>>
GOAT
>>
Is super mystery dungeon any good?
I head the last 3ds one's shit.
>>
>>320193741
Super PMD is my GOTY.
The main issue with the last one was extremely limited pokemon selection, and SPMD has literally every pokemon (except volcanion) available.
>>
>>320191659
They're alright. Stories are pretty fanfictiony, but the writing is good enough that it gets really emotional and memorable. Game play is flawed and I'm not entirely sure how it could ever be fixed.
>>
>>320191659
only red/blue rescue team are worth playing, the others are poorly designed garbage
although pic related in op was ok
>>
>>320194056
Rescuefags are worse than meleefags
>>
>>320193920
I'll look into picking it up, then. Thanks. The reviews for this series has always been deceptive. It's hard to get a real idea on how good the game is.
>>
>>320191659
The gameplay is nothing special and pretty grindy at times, but it's still fun and the story is clever and sweet. Dem feels.

>>320193741
The last one was complete shit, not sure about SMD as I haven't played it yet.
>>
Sky = SPMD >= Rescue Team > Explorers > literal shit > Gates
>>
>inputting wonder mail codes for the instant level up items so I can breeze through the game for the story
I didn't deserve to play PMD.
But yes, they're good, just try not to be a shitter like me.
>>
>>320194730
Gates isn't complete shit, please stop parroting this. If you can find it cheap, it's fine. It's just got issues that make it the weak link of the series (but the jap only wii-ware titles are even worse, fyi).
>>
>>320195112
>horrible 3D sprites
>boring claustrophobic dungeon design
>awful starter selection
>can't pick gender
>moves were stupid and unbalanced
>evolution was stupid and unbalanced
>can't do more than one mission at a time
>build your own useless shops
>no post-game
>gain levels by doing nothing

It was bad. Really bad. It lacked all the things that made the previous MD titles enjoyable. I feel quite entitled to call it shit.
>>
File: my_pain_is_greater_than_yours.jpg (220 KB, 1151x662) Image search: [Google]
my_pain_is_greater_than_yours.jpg
220 KB, 1151x662
>>320191659
>forced to sell Sky a couple years back
>copies are expensive as fuck now
Fuck I want this game but don't want to pay more than 40 for it and a case.

my nonexistential autism doesn't allow me to buy loose games
>>
>>320194639
I might as well point out some problems you might want to watch out for:
>Beginning of the game is REALLY slow
>Don't expect a grandiose story like in Sky, it suffers a lot from poor pacing but it does have its moments. Not as shitty as Gates though.
>Evolving doesn't raise your stats anymore and it's still only done at endgame
>Omission of Bulliten board and IQ, which I don't really mind, but could be a problem for people who're attached to these.

Game is still really good despite these flaws, probably one of the best 3DS games out there if you liked the previous games.
>References and nods to previous installments. You can even recruit past Pokemon!
>Best gameplay out of the entire series
>A bunch of Pokemon to recruit.
>Bosses are harder than in previous installments, you can't cheese it out as much by item-spamming
>Really challenging, especially post game
>The Connection Orb system does a great job on the RNG crap of recruiting Pokemon in the previous games, you can now recruit Pokemon by doing little missions they give.
>>
>>320195515
>Crappy low def sprites being better then models
Take of your nostalgia goggles
>Move were stupid and unbalanced
In what way, any move with work could be effective.
>Evolution was stupid
Did you get wrecked by a pokemon evolving in a dungeon?
>Gain levels by doing nothing
It is shared XP so you don't need to grind every pokemon's level when you want to use them

Everything else you said was fair enough
>>
>>320195542
>buy used copy at gamestop for 20 bucks
>get a ds case or buy one
>buy cover art for 2 bucks here
http://shop.bresoftware.com/nds-pokemon-mystery-dungeon-explorers-of-sky-art-u.html
>>
>>320196086
>used copy for 20 bucks at FUCKING GAMESTOP
spoonfeed me since I cannot find this bargain you speak of anon

it's about the inserts too anon
>>
>>320195542
I got a European copy cib for 16 bucks on ebay
>>
>>320196419
Well, it's going to come as loose cart, but here:
http://www.gamestop.com/ds/games/pokemon-mystery-dungeon-explorers-sky/75112
>>
File: 1445433310746.gif (2 MB, 189x392) Image search: [Google]
1445433310746.gif
2 MB, 189x392
>>320195542
>Found a loose copy of hotel dusk and knights in nightmare for $6 total.
>Also got a copy of TWEWY for $13

You're missing out.
>>
>>320191659
Gets pretty boring and repetitive if you play for more then an hour at a time.
>>
File: 1356834593834.jpg (7 KB, 242x208) Image search: [Google]
1356834593834.jpg
7 KB, 242x208
>>320191659

>The whole ending
>Bidoof's arc
>Igglybuff's arc
>Grovyle's arc

I...I never thought I'd tear so much from a game, /v/. Much less from Pokemon.
>>
File: Lopunny_Character.png (1 MB, 1302x1412) Image search: [Google]
Lopunny_Character.png
1 MB, 1302x1412
>>320197134
>Not liking Team Charm ark the best
Bad taste
>>
>>320197414
It's not very emotional though.
It's literally just
>we are fabulous and going on a treasure hunt!
>>
>>320195943
Thanks for the write up.
The problems don't seem too big as long as it has enough pokemon to keep my nostalgia happy.
>>
>>320197623
Whats wrong with being fabulous?
But nah I only like it the best due to my Lopunny autism.
I would have liked the last one ore if it didn't have a weird plot hole ending.
>>
>>320197414
>Be me
>Play SMD
>Do Gengar's fetch quest
>"CONNECTED" prompt shows up
>Connections spread further
>See that Gardevoir from the Rescue games is connected with Gengar
>Is also connected to the rest of Team Charm

I was genuinely surprised when I saw this. I always thought the Gardevoir from the Rescue games was completely different from Team Charm's, but apparently they're the same.
>>
File: PCP066.png (4 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
PCP066.png
4 KB, 128x128
Only really liked the first one cause you could play as my homeboy Machop.
>>
>>320198071
I am pretty sure not everyone is EXACTLY like the original game. Like for some reason Wigglytuff is a girl, and Grovyle and Shiny Celebi exist when they shouldn't. I am sure this Gardevoir is only on team charm, the connection is just a reference to Red/Blue
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.