[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the "Survivorman" of Video Games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: stroud.jpg (356 KB, 4368x2912) Image search: [Google]
stroud.jpg
356 KB, 4368x2912
What's the "Survivorman" of Video Games?
>>
DayZ on an empty server
>>
>people try and tell me survivorman isn't staged unlike man vs wild
>one episode in the desert he decides that he just cant do it anymore and just walks off

where the fuck did he go if its not staged
>>
Minecraft's creative mode.
>>
>>320184498
The long dark. It's amazing
>>
Easily Ark. No contest.
>>
>>320186759
All tv shows are staged, those people are just stupid
>>
>>320186759
It's kind of hard to truly be in the middle of nowhere these days, he could have either just walked for a handful of hours and reached a main road/settlement. Or he walked off for a good take on the camera then just cellphoned in a heli.
>>
>>320191351
>It's kind of hard to truly be in the middle of nowhere these days
>says the basement dwelling idiot who has never seen the light of day
>>
File: ds.jpg (161 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
ds.jpg
161 KB, 1024x576
Don't Starve
>>
>>320186759

He likely phoned a helicopter. Les Stroud did actually put himself WAY out of civilization. By himself. Meanwhile Grylls (or however you fucking pronounce it) had a camera crew who carried food and shelter for themselves plus emergency stuff in case shit hit the fan. Later seasons he dropped the crew for ONE guy with a camera. Guy still had survival shit on him.
>>
>>320186759
>where the fuck did he go if its not staged
Off-camera. He carries all his own equipment. He makes a point to tell the audience he has to climb a thing to set up a camera, then climb down and back up for the shot.

And he's never made any secret of the fact that he keeps an emergency radio/satellite phone to contact the producers when it gets too hard.
>>
>>320191739
It's likely this. I remember in one of the episodes to get shots of him on a mountain he had to position his tripod all the way at the bottom and then walk back to get it. Probably just did it for cinematic effect.
>>
File: Crackbone.jpg (128 KB, 612x438) Image search: [Google]
Crackbone.jpg
128 KB, 612x438
>>320184498
>>
>>320186759
i think this indicates that it actually isn't staged
>>
>>320191351

>It's kind of hard to truly be in the middle of nowhere these days

I live 35 miles outside of a major US city. We had a hunter die two years ago. He injured himself, got lost trying to find help, and died of hypothermia. He was only a mile from the nearest house. How do I know? Me and a cousin got lost in the EXACT same area after an ill-fated canoe trip. Located a house before night fell and used their phone to call family for help.
>>
les shroud is actually pretty based
>>
UnReal World
>>
>>320192174
Pretty much this. He'll sometimes send the crew to pick up his shit since he's often a little exhausted. He probably just left it and called for pickup.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.