[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this one of the most overrated games in all of /v/ history?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: undertale.jpg (275 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
undertale.jpg
275 KB, 1536x1152
Is this one of the most overrated games in all of /v/ history? Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, especially when you consider it was made by one guy on a tight budget. But there have been so many posts claiming it's the best game of the year, or one of the best games of the decade or one of the best games they have ever played.

It's not even close to being the game of the month. Not with MGS 5 and Super Mario Maker being released alongside it. (Inb4 people start memeing about how these games are bad, no matter how disappointing MGS 5's story may have been or how much the level editor of Super Mario Maker has made for annoying levels, you can't deny they're both better games than Undertale)

What is it that makes this game so over rated? Is it toaster fags? Homestuck fans from /co/? Furries? Reddit? Tumblr? Actual shilling from the developer? Incredible amounts of samefaggotry? Or just plain faggotry?

Either ways it's been incredibly fascinating to see such a rabid and deluded fanbase overrating a game this badly. We've had surprisingly large fanbases for indie games before (recent examples include Five Nights at Freddy's and LISA) but never people this hellbent on claiming their game is the game of the millennium.
>>
>>320176536
>What is it that makes this game so over rated? Is it toaster fags? Homestuck fans from /co/? Furries? Reddit? Tumblr? Actual shilling from the developer? Incredible amounts of samefaggotry? Or just plain faggotry?
All of the above
>>
>>320176536
>Is this one of the most overrated games in all of /v/ history? Don't get me wrong, it's a good game

Is this all people can say about this game now?
Why does the "rating" of a game concern you so much?
>>
File: 1443967262086.png (12 KB, 477x363) Image search: [Google]
1443967262086.png
12 KB, 477x363
>>320176536
if its overrated or not doesn't matter what does though is that it triggers /v/ like no other game I've seen, and that's always good times
>>
Yes, now stop spamming Undertale threads for fucks sake.
>>
I just took the best shit ever. One long log, single wipe, no residue. I'm so satisfied right now.
>>
>>320176780
>tfw the last best shit you took was months ago
I'll never forget it.
>>
>>320176705
Because what could have been a fun game to discuss on /v/ from time to time has now become a platform for cancerous faggots to gush over how it's the best shit ever.

I hate to admit it, and this usually never happens with me, but this fanbase is so fucking terrible and has over rated this game so badly that it has actually retroactively soured me on the game a bit.
>>
>>320176953
iktfb
>>
>>320176780
OH my fucking god you lucky bastard

I've been having an upset/loose stomach for about a week now, probably ate something bad

>All that wasted toilet paper
It's killing me
>>
>>320176953
>actually retroactively soured me on the game a bit
Great job you're a insecure bitchfag.
Learn to enjoy shit for yourself you sheep.
>>
>ANOTHER Metal Gear game
>ANOTHER Mario game
>fresh new 100% original game that is Undertale
Hmm, I wonder why it's getting all the attention? You're right OP this is really strange.
>>
>>320177191
Sorry man, I wish I could, and normally I can. But in this specific case the fanbase is so fucking obnoxious and the game is so over rated that it really has soured me on it a bit.

I'm just glad I got to play it before I knew about this cancerous fanbase. I would have never touched it otherwise.
>>
>>320176536
>you can't deny they're both better games than Undertale
Based on what? They were both disappointing and short-lived to me, whereas I expected Undertale to suck and got something enjoyable instead.
>>
>>320176536
No that would be Fallout 4 but Undertale is like a top 2 overrated game for the year. It's fans are people who don't really play video games and haven't enjoyed an rpg either ever or in the last 15-20 years. So anything remotely reminiscent of that time period or idiosyncratic and cute enough will blast its way up on the ranking of a casuals mind.

That being said its like 7/10 game. Far from bad. But the problem for me is that I get the same if not more enjoyment from watching the game being played rather than actually playing it myself
>>
>>320176536
For me, it was one of the 5-10 games I've had the most memorable experience with. MGSV, for example, is probably better made, but feels like other games and consequently doesn't stick out much. I don't feel any need to play it. There's not much more to it.
>>
>>320177321
What does the fanbase actually do? Be the victim of spammed trollthreads? Include people who happen to post on a website you don't like? It really seems like a normal fanbase to me.
>>
File: 1449986942897.png (1 KB, 116x120) Image search: [Google]
1449986942897.png
1 KB, 116x120
>>320176536
>super kek maker
>better than undertale (or any other game for that matter)

seriously consider suicide family, play both games first then form a fair opinion
>>
Yes it's overrated and the fault falls with Homestuck fans, Reddit, Tumblr, and general faggotry.
I wouldn't be shocked if the biggest autists are from the HS fanbase and clung to this game cause it had Toby's name on it.
>>
>>320176536
>Super Mario Maker is better than Undertale
Okay, and I guess Gamebryo is better than Bloodborne?
>>
>>320177476
>No that would be Fallout 4
He said /v/ history, though. /v/ has been shitting endlessly on fallout 4 since it was announced.

HATE TODD
>>
>>320177730

>Underfurry telling someone to suicide

You autistic faggots are the only ones that deserve to die.
>>
>>320176536
super mario maker has no lasting appeal and mgsv is objectively unfinished
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 379x363) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 379x363
>>320176536
>overrated
>underrated
I fucking hate these two words so much. These are basically the "I'm a special snowflake therefore I am in the right" words. Just say that YOU didn't like because you fell for the hype machine like the sheep you are. I didn't like Undertale as a game but that doesn't mean I'll try to justify my existence as unique or meaningful by detracting from other people's fun with it.
>>
File: 1446408645722.png (592 KB, 637x464) Image search: [Google]
1446408645722.png
592 KB, 637x464
It's one of those cases where everyone falseflags and shitposts each other to hell and back because they think getting people riled up on the internet over something so trivial is a good use of their time. Except this time, nearly every site (tumblr, reddit, /v/, etc.) is in on it, on the same side. Guess you're not too different from those sjw boogeymen that you complain about with every other subject after all.

The sad thing is that a lot of the people backing undertale ironically are likely to regret it later. Sure, when L block or launch pad win some fad poll It's all for shits and giggles. But when a trendy game like undertale that's still actually relevant wins, and headlines all over the internet show it, it's only going to extend the life and vocal bullshit of this game most of you hate so much.

At least you got some people bothered xD
>>
It's funny to see how Undertale evolved to become /v/'s MLP in so little time.
>>
>>320178617
overrated post
>>
File: 100% nuclear.jpg (54 KB, 601x469) Image search: [Google]
100% nuclear.jpg
54 KB, 601x469
>>320176780
>be me, around 12 years old
>take one really long shit
>have to inspect it
>it's in the perfect shape of a question mark
>even has a little dot on the end
>admire it for a few minutes, almost took a photo but that would be too weird
>mfw I should have because to this day nobody has believed me not even my mom who I went and told afterwards
>>
>Is this one of the most overrated games in all of /v/ history?
Possibly in all of recent videogame history.
That said, it's probably my GOTY, which really says a lot about the industry as of late.
>>
>>320179138
It's not MLP status yet. Not even close.

It has however, reached Homestuck status, which is already insanely bad.
>>
>>320177252
>fresh new 100% original game
>Undertale
>>
File: 72.jpg (31 KB, 412x573) Image search: [Google]
72.jpg
31 KB, 412x573
>Liking undertale means you're a furry

ayy lmao
>>
>>320179946
>in another country for a week
>don't take a shit for most of the week
>on the last day, take the biggest shit mankind has ever seen
>gigantic log a foot long and at least 8 inches around, it's so big it won't fit down the pipes
>have to pull it out of the toilet and bury it nearby
This was so legendary that I was told they still talked about it two years later.
>>
>>320176953
That's odd, all I remember the past month were 60% threads complaining about how people talk too much about this game and how they're sick of seeing it everywhere, 25% people blatantly baiting by literally calling it the greatest cultural achievement of humanity, and 15% threads actually trying to discuss the game. Guess which category of massive faggotry you belong to, you motherless cocksucker.

And what the fuck does it matter anyway? You want decent video games discussion? Of a hot title? That has been released recently? On /v/? Have you taken a break the past 7 years and just came back here or are you just clinically retarded? The fact that you allow the "discussion" on /v/ sway your opinion of anything ever is just pathetic.
>>
>>320176780
The latter two become mundane once you cross over to the shaved asshole master race.

The day I started shaving my asshole was the day I was born again. It's truly a pleasure unknown to many men, but those that take the step are greatly rewarded.
>>
>>320182346
>shaved asshole
What, do you just use a normal razor down there?
>>
>>320182439
Obviously not the same one that I use to shave my face, but yeah. Just squat in the bathtub, start from the bottom of the valley and gently move out upwards. Never cut myself, been doing it for ages now.

Do apply some aftershave though or else shit can get quite itchy for a day or two.
>>
>>320182628
That's pretty gay, dude.
>>
>>320182716
Enjoy your skidmarks, faggot.
>>
>>320176536
>Is it toaster fags? Homestuck fans from /co/? Furries? Reddit? Tumblr?

Yes.
>>
>>320177703
>It really seems like a normal fanbase to me.
That's probably because you're a part of it.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.