[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We know who you want. But, who you don't want?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: Masahiro_sakurai.jpg (25 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Masahiro_sakurai.jpg
25 KB, 500x281
We know who you want.

But, who you don't want?
>>
>>320167824
I don't want any indie character.
But if they HAVE to be in, I won't mind as long as they're fun to play.
>>
The roster's already big and fine enough. Anyone now is just bonus. Wanting a character to NOT get in is just stupidly petty by this point.
>>
>No one complaining.
Good, get ready for Krystal, Shantae, Shovel Knight and Goku.
>>
>>320169667
And what would it matter? They're new characters.
>>
>any more Fire Emblem at all
>Paper Mario
>Chorus Kids
>Krystal
>Shovel Knight
>Shantae
>any 3rd party series that already has representation; Zero, Chun-Li, Squall, etc.
>>
Mona fag who honestly doesn't mind anyone coming in. If I really had to pick or were forced to, though, it would probably be any indie developed character due to the mere fact that there would have to be a indie character that would have made a HUGE impact on Nintendo consoles only and so far, while those who do exist did a pretty big splash, it's not a splash as big as say, Megaman big or Ryu big or Sonic big. There are various indie characters, but there isn't really THAT kind of face that is basically the face of indie games, just... various somewhat-popular faces. The only one that seems to be that is Quote due to how popular Cave Story got but he ain't exactly Nintendo exclusive either and he kind of got forgotten along time, but the game aged pretty well for what it is.
>>
>>320167824
3rd party characters and veterans
>>
>>320170137
>gives examples for the last point
>does not mention a Sonic character
>>
>>320167824
>But, who you don't want?
oh boy shitposting thread
>>
>Indieshit
>A character who literally never appeared on any Nintendo console (Cloud in Kingdom Hearts and other shit counts as appearing on a Nintendo console)
>Ridley
>>
File: please.jpg (38 KB, 248x248) Image search: [Google]
please.jpg
38 KB, 248x248
Please keep Goku off.
>>
I don't give a single shit about who does and doesn't get in, because I'm not paying $5 per character.
>>
>>320171257
Also:
>Most Western game characters. The only Western game characters I'd accept are Rare characters since Diddy's already in.
>>
No more third parties please
>>
File: 4thParties(small).png (483 KB, 1213x928) Image search: [Google]
4thParties(small).png
483 KB, 1213x928
>>320171295
>>320169667
>SON Goku gonna happen!
why are you fags worried over him? did Cloud literally traumatized Nintendo kids again with worried delusion like with Snake back in Brawl's J.T.?

he's still not happening regardless, outside Mii fighters and semi-niche fan games. Sakurai already said against it more than he said with fucking Ridley.

Goku would be a fun addition in Smash, but he'll floodgate in a ton of nasty shit along his inclusion if it happened.
>>
>>320167824

Geno

Fuck his fans, any other main character from any other IP is more worthy than this one shot edgy fucker.

Yeah I know he was in SSS, as a shitty cameo.
>>
>>320171680
>because I'm not paying $5 per character.
1. you're not a majority factor
2. people will buy the DLC because it's Smash DLC
>>
Anyone else from Melee or Brawl. Except MAYBE Wolf with a slightly altered moveset
Goku
K. Rool (just don't get the love)
Indies
>>
File: 8t9q09Le.png (173 KB, 339x339) Image search: [Google]
8t9q09Le.png
173 KB, 339x339
>Characters I don't want:

K. Rool
Shovel Knight
Shantae
Inkling
Chorus Kids
Ridley
Chrom
Isaac
Sora
Banjo-Kazooie
Bandana Dee
Geno
Retard Options (Goku, Superman)

>Characters I actually want but will never happen:

-Viewtiful Joe or Wonder Red (WR more likely)
-Amaterasu
-Flynn (SMT IV)

>Characters I wouldn't mind coming in that have more of a chance:

-Chibi Robo
-Wolf (If they change him up a bit more than Brawl)
-Paper Mario (If they don't fuck him up)
>>
>>320173156
>K. Rool
>Inkling
>Chorus Men

What's wrong with those three?
>>
>>320172298
>Waluigi
>Daisy
>Geno
>Toadette
i'll never understand the appeal of the side characters from non-independent Mario spinoffs.

even Captain Toad makes sense
>inb4 can't jump; gameplay/design is part of his character too
he can't jump because his backpack is heavy as shit; full of something.

perfect chance to use one of villager's specials and add a jump restriction to reference that part of his character.
>>
File: 1390497237041.gif (2 MB, 320x245) Image search: [Google]
1390497237041.gif
2 MB, 320x245
>>320173418
Inklings are a way too obvious conclusion (would rather they be in Smash 5), Chorus Men have been hinted at for years so the surprise would be wasted, and I just don't get the appeal of K. Rool.

To be honest, I want to look back on the moment I learn who the characters will be fondly, and have it blow my mind. I'm not that excited for Cloud to be in Smash 4, but the reveal that he was going to be included rocked my socks off. I don't think ANYBODY was expecting him to be in Smash 4. It's why we remember Megaman/Villager as the reveal for the game much more fondly than Rosalina or Charizard/Greninja's trailers. Who could have fucking guessed Megaman would be in a Smash Bros. game, especially after everything related to Capcom back then?

Inkling reveal: "Why wouldn't they? They shoot ink, yeah."
Chorus Men: " I guess they were always expected. Moveset's kind of cool."
K. Rool: "I guess everybody wanted him."
>>
Shantae, Wolf and Krystal.
Literally anyone else is fine
>>
>>320173156
>-Wolf (If they change him up a bit more than Brawl)
Why do people always say this? Wolf was the most different "clone" in the first place. All of his non-B attacks were completely different from Fox and Falco, and even the B-attacks were barely the same as Fox's. Honestly I think Wolf has less in common with Fox than Lucas does with Ness.

If anything, Falco's the one people should be bitching about.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.