[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I played the first ZoE years ago because a lot of people praised
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1064721-zoe2_jp_ps2_front.jpg (98 KB, 640x919) Image search: [Google]
1064721-zoe2_jp_ps2_front.jpg
98 KB, 640x919
I played the first ZoE years ago because a lot of people praised its "high-speed action" but it ended up boring me to death.

Supposedly the sequel is a lot better but I watched 30 minutes of a walkthrough and didn't look like it is a lot better than the first game (at last for what I remember).

I know
>watching a walkthrough

That's why I want to know what's the deal with ZoE2 and if is really worth playing if I'm only interested in the gameplay (I don't care for the story of these games).
>>
It's the gameplay difference between final fantasy 1 and 7. Probably the best game on ps2
>>
>>320165024
whoa there that looks like a bit of a stretch, can you elaborate a bit?

I'll buy the HD Collection ASAP if it is at least half as good as you are telling me.
>>
I've seen entire threads worth of ZoE fans shit on ZoE 1 and tell people to skip it so I'm not sure where you heard it was good. Play the better game or don't, I don't care.
>>
>>320164672
The sequel is better in pretty much every way. The visuals are better, the combat is better, the music is better, and so on. That said the main reason why this is true is because the first game really isn't that great. I would say you should try it out. The boss battles are kinda annoying but the combat is entertaining enough to at least be enjoyable for it's short length.
>>
>>320165363
I played the HD collection and ZoE1 was boring as shit. I regretted my purchase almost immediately.
I skipped to 2 just to see and holeeee shit.
It goes from shitty framerate to solid 60fps
Clunky combat to tight combat with great speed.
The first one felt like a tech demo, the second is the full experience.
>>
>>320168342
The HD collection of zone of the enders was slower than the ps2 version originally. The second game was patched while the first one wasn't. So both ran at 60fps on the ps2.
>>
>>320168342
>>320168814
So I guess my best bet on PS3 would be to just buy ZoE2?
>>
>>320169270
Yeah the ps3 version of zoe 2 is fine when patched.
>>
>>320169270
Well its only really the HD collection.
Its one of the few exclusives I wanted for the PS3 and I was not disappointed. 1 is pretty much useless compared to it.
2 is one of my favourite games ever.
>>
>>320164672
>I want to know what's the deal with ZoE2
It's mainly the excellent, tight controls, something that you can't experience via walkthrough.
Also the fast aerial combat and beautiful mech design.
>>
>ZOE was flawed as fuck but was an interesting prototype
>ZOE2 improves on 1 in literally every single way
>Kojambles is too busy making MGS games to make ZOE3
>Konami goes full pachinko before we ever got to see a third game

RIP
>>
>>320171117
Wasn't a third game semi-announced or something?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.