[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is this game? I like the "classic" Tomb Raider games.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: TombRaider2013.jpg (43 KB, 256x360) Image search: [Google]
TombRaider2013.jpg
43 KB, 256x360
How is this game?

I like the "classic" Tomb Raider games.
>>
File: 1445270002813.png (2 MB, 517x6068) Image search: [Google]
1445270002813.png
2 MB, 517x6068
Think of it like a more open Uncharted that switches between a semi open world and goes into a linear path and does it back and forth.

Lara's switch from shy timid person to cold-blooded murderer felt extremely forced and way too fast, and there's a lot of stuff just hand waved, but I thought it was alright, could have definitely been worse.
>>
>>320156791
Does it have ancient mystic puzzles you have to solve? If it's like Uncharted I'm not interested.
>>
>>320156967
Nope. Any and all tombs you enter are basically an extremely simple puzzle that has maybe two steps max and they're all optional.
>>
>>320157210
Then what's the point of the game?
>>
>>320155863
It's really fucking bad, even by AAA standards. Go replay Anniversary.
>>
>>320157301
Kill people trapped on the island with you who are trying to kill you, get Sam back, and get off with whatever friends you can.
>>
>>320156791
>when she shoots the living shit out of Mathias with her signature dual wielding

shit was cool
>>
>>320157689
Oh boy a QTE so epic xD best game ever upboat if u cry everytiem
>>
>>320155863
It's fun. Obviously it's not a classic TR but it's still fun. Lara is hot too.
>>
>>320157689

>Aww yeah we're fighting the fucking gauntlet up to boku no kanojo this is going to be a great final bo-
>Fable_2.mov

I liked the game but the ending was the worst.
>>
>I like the "classic" Tomb Raider games.

Which one? Those prince of Persia with guns? Or the ancient PS1 games where you move awkwardly?
>>
It's okay, though it's not a survival game as it was marketed to be.
>>
>>320155863
Is there something specific you want to know?

In short it's like Uncharted with an upgrade system(which I really liked).
>>
>>320155863
>I like the "classic" Tomb Raider games.

Then you will definitely dislike this one.
>>
>>320158103
Legend and onward. I played Tomb Raider 2 back in the day and liked it.

Looking back at it, I respect it for what it represents but those early games aged like milk.
>>
>>320155863
Combat is okay. Leveling up through optional tombs is the majority of the game. Without it, it's not worth it.

Story is the most rehashed Indiana Jones shit ever. Characters are awful. I fucking hate new Lara.
>>
The original Tomb Raiders were great (for the time at least) because they knew how to create suspense. The use of music at the right moments to make you shit your pants as a giant boulder comes hurling at you or a vicious animal suddenly pounces out at you. The tune that would play as you entered a new room to explore and figure out. You really did feel like you were on an adventure, travelling across the world chasing after an artifact, exploring ruins and solving puzzles.

The new Tomb Raider series feels like less of an adventure and more of just Lara trying not to get her shit ruined every 5 minutes as yet another bit of the floor gives way and she once again gets injured somehow. Lara went from being a badass explorer to a human punching bag. The new "tombs" can be solved by an 8 year old and they've replaced difficult puzzles and exploration with just dull collectable searches. It's not terrible by any means just feels much less exciting than the originals. I don't want realism, I just want to be a sexy, badass explorer who fights her way past t-rex's and mummies to get the ancient artifact.
>>
>>320158634
Meant this about RotTR
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.