[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>playing New Vegas for the first time >try and explore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: FNV_box_art_(US).jpg (1 MB, 1330x1650) Image search: [Google]
FNV_box_art_(US).jpg
1 MB, 1330x1650
>playing New Vegas for the first time
>try and explore
>get killed by Cazadors on one route
>okay I'll try the other way
>get killed by deathclaws and even stealthboys do nothing
>just return at a higher level bro

Wow great game design. I love how they tease you with this huge map and then as you try and explore it they hold you back and say come back later.
>>
>>320145007
Stop being shit at stealth
Go through Hidden Valley if you absolutely can't figure out how to sneak through
>>
>>320145252
My Sneak skill is 50 and it doesn't help. Those faggot Blind Deathclaws hear me and ruin my chances at sbeaking through.
>>
git gud
>>
>>320145321
Wear light or no armor and walk past the blind ones although you shouldn't be running into them.
>>
>>320145576
Well I wouldn't be wearing power armor if I wanted to sneak, now would I.

>>320145546
Ah yes, git gud. I love how whenever someone brings up a bad mechanic or game design choice it's "git gud". Fuck you.
>>
File: 1441799570579.png (640 KB, 756x609) Image search: [Google]
1441799570579.png
640 KB, 756x609
>>320145007
>this thread again

Hell, the other is still active too.
>>
>>320145792
You're on a board full of people that could do it. The problem is you.
>>
>>320145792
Most people who attempt the sneak path do it just fine and I've even seen someone do it with 13 sneak and a stealth boy.

Use the Hidden Valley or the intended route if you really can't figure out how to sneak past anything
>>
>>320145914
What, another New Vegas shitting thread? Cant handle people not liking your meme game?

>>320146048
No, the problem is fucking broken mechanics and road blocks that only impede progress. It's shit game design.
>>
maybe you shouldn't be exploring an area meant for higher level characters
>>
>never used a stealth boy
>never encountered a cazador
>never encountered a deathclaw
>got gud and used the friendly mutant to cheese my way through a shortcut in black mountain

Holy fuck. People like you need to stop posting here
>>
>>320146179
Don't blame the game because you suck shit at it. If you can't succesfully sneak around with 50 sneak you're brain dead.
>>
>>320145007
>i'll post bait, that'll show them
OP is shit.
>Current build
>Current Faction
>Favourite Weapon

Unarmed/Melee
Independant with a desire for anarchy
A Shining Light in Darkness
>>
>>320146183
>return later bro lol enjoy that small block of map

Fuck off. It's open world and I can't explore the map unless I meet certain parameters. That's bad game design.

>>320146263
>this one guy didn't experiencea road block because the game bugged out

How does this apply to me and the millions who did experience it?

>>320146409
But it is the games fault for having garbage stealth that makes sneak outright impossible. I genuinely tried and yet the stealth is fucking trash and I get detected while invisible, standing still, in the dark, at 50 sneak.
>>
>>320146739
>standing still
Maybe you should fucking crouch then
>>
>>320146739
Would you rather have level scaling like in Skyrim? That's the alternative and it's shit.
>>
>>320146739
Many people have snuck past the Deathclaws without a problem, it is your fault you can't.

For your thing about roadblocks do you think D&D is badly designed because your dungeon master won't let you persuade a high dragon when you have 1 charisma?
>>
>>320147086
Of course I'm crouching, take my shit out of context why dont you.
>>
>all this neo-/v/ taking this bait thread seriously

I think Reddit might be more your guys speed
>>
Just walk past the Deathclaws. What the hell?
>>
How bad are you? Just quicksave every once in a while and take it slowly. Take the highground.

New Vegas does it right. There should be areas that are very dangerous for low level characters to enter but it's still possible with some thought and planning.

Doing it wrong: level scaling that makes it meaningless where you travel and/or outright restricting you from entering an area.
>>
>>320147291
D&D =/= Fallout New Vegas
>>
>>320147497
>taking the bait of the replies

Better fuck off to 9gag lmao
>>
>>320145007
>Fallout 4 getting btfo hard over here >>320144108
>Bethesda shill gets bum-blitzed and tries to talk shit about New Vegas
I see you, Todd. I'm not going to buy it.
>>
>>320147265
Not that guy but doesnt enemy gear scale with level? Never been a fan of that. I want to see veteran Rangers at low level.
>>
>>320147637
>i-i was only pretending to be retarded
ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>320145321
>>320145792
>>320146179
>my 10 year old brother played NV just a week ago
>loves it
>was able to sneak all the way to NV using the north route of GoodSprings
>had like 15 points into stealth as he was interested building into a melee character

Git gud kiddo. Maybe FO3 would be better for you. Making another thread of you bitching won't be helping you.
>>
>>320147508
>dude just savescum to make up fornahit mechanics lmao

>>320147657
Funny how people are now noticing how New Vegas is shit and Obsidiots are trying their hardest to defend it.

>>320147503
Yeah okay. Just walk past the things that are 1.5x faster than you and can kill you in 2 hits. Okay pal.
>>
>>320147940
>my little brother plays on Very Easy and was able to sneak past literally retarded enemies on Very Easy
>>
File: 1450112974008.png (55 KB, 364x268) Image search: [Google]
1450112974008.png
55 KB, 364x268
>>320145007
are you upset
>>
>>320148558
You're now aware that changing the difficulty level does nothing to the Stealth mechanics

You're just dogshit and possibly retarded. The game GIVES you Stealthboys to get past the DeathClaws/Cazadors
>>
Shitty bait aside.

Does anyone else not really agree that the Legion would survive long without Ed Sallow's leadership? Lanius might hold it together for a short while, but the "system" is a cult of personality around one specific person.
>>
>>320150941
Nobody thinks the Legion would survive without Caesar. The whole point of Caesar's rule is to establish absolute authority by desensitizing his subjects so that he can galvanize them into a fighting force capable of taking Vegas which he can then leverage into an actual cultural power.

Without Caesar, there's literally no point.
>>
>>320151274
True, but several people claim it would drag on for a while afterward. It's debatable how long that would be, but without Sallow the NCR can just sit back wait for the Legion to collapse on its own without having to battle it to the death.
>>
>NPC's keep saying to not go North
>NPC's keep saying there's Cazadore's and Deathclaws if you go directly north.
>NPC's tell you it's safer to just go through Primm to Novac
>>Why is this so hard?? I'm doing everything right! ;(
Did you seriously think you could take on Cazadore's and Deathclaws right off the bat?
>>
>>320151880
He's one of the many people who would rather be able to explore the entire world map from the beginning, and have all the enemies scale with him as he levels up.
>>
>>320150941
>>320151593
I definitely don't think anyone else in the Legion is as qualified to lead it. The rest of the Legion is so dogmatic about following Caesar without understanding why that it would probably fracture between hardliners who put their interpretation of Caesar's values before common sense, and people who become disillusioned about their interpretation of Caesar's values once those values become a liability.
And if the lack of Caesar's guidance doesn't kill them, then their constant need to wage war for more slaves will.
>>
It doesn't even matter if OP is baiting, there are literally people who prefer level scaling because it means they can go in any direction and enjoy their freedums. There are also people who prefer essential NPCs because that means they can't accidentally break the story. These people are also the majority. This is why Bethesda games are what they are.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.