[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are your wrists, Anon? How is your back and general posture?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 27
File: wrist-stretch-exercises.jpg (17 KB, 450x309) Image search: [Google]
wrist-stretch-exercises.jpg
17 KB, 450x309
How are your wrists, Anon? How is your back and general posture? How's your eyesight?

Is playing video games all the time fucking your body up? You only have one, please take care of it!

For example, a light wrist stretching exercise like this before and after a session can really help you avoid RSI and CT!
>>
6-ish years of PC gaming and no exercise.
I wear glasses with a +1 correction.
Not sure if vidya related.

Oh and my heart skips a beat every now and then.
>>
Does boypussy need a lot of exercise because you sit on it?
>>
You're not my mom nor my doctor, OP.
>>
My wrists are OK.
>>
>>320144043
Damn, you're me.
>>
>>320144242
What about your legs?
>>
posture is great because i work in physical therapy and lift regularly

wrists are fine because i'm not 60 years old

eyesight is starting to go, have to use reading glasses every now and again. but i'm pretty sure this is genetic.
>>
>>320143686
I took like a seven mile walk today, I think god will favor me yet
>>
Reminder that sitting down for long periods of time can literally kill you by sending a blood clot to your brain

>2015
>needing oxygen to survive
>>
>>320144043
You just have shit genes.

20+ years of sitting in front of a TV for several hours a day playing videogames and I have yet to need glasses.

Sorry man. We all get dealt good and bad cards.
>>
>>320143686
DON'T DO THIS IT CREATES AN AIR BUBBLE IN YOUR VEIN
>>
>>320144227
That's right bitch.

I'm your daddy.
>>
>>320144515
>he thinks his vision is perfect
Join the glasses master race. You'd be surprised at how much changes from just a .25 correction
>>
>>320144480
Good. It's only a matter of time now.
>>
my wrists hurt now
>>
Is having the ability to still see people's individual hairs from over the other side of a aprox 6 meters length room a sign of good sight or is just normal?
That and my eyesight from 1/4 meters to 3 meters is pretty sharp but more and it starts to fall short (not too much but I can't see well defined forms as good as 1 to 3 meters)
Do I need glasses?
>>
File: 1449671802703.jpg (54 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
1449671802703.jpg
54 KB, 467x700
Fucked up.
Fucked up.
and fucked up.

And you know what ? I don't care.

Why ? Because life nowadays is entirely based on your appearance, how your face looks. I was born ugly therefore there's absolutely no point for me to tryhard.

Why the fuck should i bust my ass up in the gym or sit less often when it will lead to absolutely no difference whatsoever from an external standpoint ?

Fuck that, i rather enjoy myself to the time i have on this earth and you can suck my fucking dick.
>>
>>320144543
you're retarded

where, pray tell, does this air bubble come from?

stretching your wrist flexors and hand intrinsics is hand rehab 101, you fucking idiot.
>>
legally blind in my right eye
terrible posture, makes me look about 3 inches shorter (and i'm already low-average)
wrists are ok

don't cheap out on the things you sit on, it'll mess you up
>>
>>320143686
>playing video games
>/v/
>>
>>320144682
Last I checked, I had 18/20 vision. Not perfect but I can still see quite a ways away without issue.

I'll join the contacts master race in about 10-20 years.
>>
My eyes are fucked up. I sit like 7 or 8 feet from my 40 inch plasma and cant read shit in video games.
>>
>>320144847
Off to tumblr with you
Shoo
>>
>>320144847
>Why the fuck should i bust my ass up in the gym or sit less often when it will lead to absolutely no difference whatsoever from an external standpoint ?
You rely on your body more than you may realize. Your body doesn't only exist to be attractive, it's necessary to live, any enjoy any activity you enjoy.
>>
File: grey lex luthor.jpg (41 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
grey lex luthor.jpg
41 KB, 640x480
>29 years old
>Get regular eye checkups
>Never had a single problem despite reading in the dark as a kid after being told not to, playing Gameboy in shitty light, staring at screens for 10 hours 90% of days
>Play Xenoblade Chronicles X on a 32" TV from a couch not a huge distance away from the screen
>Can't fucking read the quest text
>Have had headaches
>Can't focus on things in the distance as well as I did before I started playing

Thanks Nintendo.
>>
>>320144847
why bust your ass in the gym?

because your body is going to go to shit at 50 if you don't. the age of retirement is only increasing. your body is going to shit out on you before you're ever able to retire comfortably. then you're going to burn through your life savings on unnecessary procedures and medications. after that, you're going to live on the government's dime, provided a safety net even exists at the time.

you should just kill yourself now and save yourself some time.
>>
>>320144847
Feeling good goes a long way. Its not really all about appearance.
>>
File: 7YggYwc.gif (2 MB, 370x271) Image search: [Google]
7YggYwc.gif
2 MB, 370x271
>mother and father both needed glasses since they were young
>brother had the same issue
>optometrists tell me I have 20/10 vision

Generations of eyesight have been funneled into me and I use it to play video games and shitpost on 4chan
>>
Right Wrist seems to be going. Lose some feeling in my hand after a short period.

Eyes are completely fucked, been wearing contacts for years now.

Posture is sub-par due to my shit eyesight and hand.

I'm fucked.
>>
My back is fine, my posture is great, my wrists never had any problems, and my eyesight is 20/20. Currently 21 years old been pc gamng for about 15 years. and been using a crt monitor for that whole 15 years
>>
>>320145212
If you spend your whole life living a certain way just to live longer, you'll have wasted it trying so hard to live longer.

The fact is, no matter how long you exercise at the gym to get ripped or simply get fit, you could get hit by a bus the next day, and it all would have been for nothing.

Live for today.
>>
>>320143686
Wrists are fine, fapping every day for the past 8 or so years has made them hard as steel.

Can't say the same about my sperm count or production, body probably just throws out blanks because it doesn't feel there is a point anymore.
>>
My eyes started unfocusing this year up close and im 27. It's kinda scary.
I gained like 30 pounds from being with my last girlfriend and needs to hit the gym desperately.
>>
Posture is terrible and my wrists hurt off and on.

>>320145161
>>Can't fucking read the quest text
>>Have had headaches
>>Can't focus on things in the distance as well as I did before I started playing
Sorry dude, you probably need glasses now. I had the same problem for about a year, sometimes getting headaches so bad behind my eyes that it made me sick. Turns out I had an astigmatism or something like that in my right eye. I've gotten maybe two real headaches in the last year since getting glasses and one was because I didn't wear my glasses an entire day.
>>
>>320143686
had a rare hip bone disease when i was a kid. now i have a slight leg length discrepancy, arthritis in my ankle, back pain, and my height was stunted 2 inches from my projected height.

i dont think vidya can fuck my shit up much worse
>>
>>320144043
>Oh and my heart skips a beat every now and then
Get that checked anon, you never know
>>
I counted my heart beats per minute and got a result of aprox. 83, I remember having this problem since I was a child.
Am I going to die sooner?
>>
>>320144296
If your heart skips beats you should notify your doctor if you haven't already. I have to get my heart checked every few years now in case it gets worse. Just saying :)
>>
>>320145582
I don't think your body is able to become self aware and just give up like that fām
>>
>>320145739
Counting is perfectly normal. In fact many important people have been counters. Did you know there's a whole branch of science related to numbers?
>>
>>320145713
Already did, something about blood getting stuck in a chamber every now and then.
>>
>>320145680

I had an eye test literally a month ago and I was 20:20 retinas clear, just a little duct issue that means dry eyes.

It's this fucking game.
>>
>>320145854
I didn't meant that you silly goose.
I was talking about my high heartbeat and how is worrying me
>>
>>320145578
i get nihilism, hypocritical a thought process as it is, but quality of life goes a long way. you act like moving around a few times a week is a huge investment.

why do anything? why play video games? has it ever occurred to you that being active actually feels good? that the human body reacts to physical stresses with a reward system that is beneficial to virtually every body system?

i'm not active because i want to live to be 90. i'm active so that once i /inevitably/ get to 60, i don't depend on expensive medications. self-reliance, motherfucker.

>>320145739
that's a little on the high end. a little cardio goes a long way.

how have you people survived this long?
>>
i work 6 days a week this keeps my body in pretty good shape without your silly stretching infact i can say i have never felt stronger than right now
>>
>>320143686
DON'T COPY OP's PIC!!
>>
File: Skinny-guy-fat-world.jpg (75 KB, 1024x818) Image search: [Google]
Skinny-guy-fat-world.jpg
75 KB, 1024x818
>>320143686
Very sedentary life. Went to an eye doctor. thought my vision was fine. he told me my vision was 20/10 I think. Meaning for what a 20/20 guy sees at 10 feet I would see at 20. Telling me that my vision is top 2% in the world.

I'm skinny. I gained weight and just cut down on food by counting calories and I lost 25 pounds. Now I'm skinny again. I still have stretch marks on my thighs due to poor nutrition and the rapid weight gain. Does lotion help?

Very weak. I can't lift shit for shit. i'm a skinny frail guy who is 5'11. Overall though I'm very healthy. Just not very strong. Pic is not me. But I am just slightly thicker than this guy. I'm 160 pounds.
>>
File: 1449803515143.png (88 KB, 900x580) Image search: [Google]
1449803515143.png
88 KB, 900x580
>>320146161
I guess it's just luck.
Literally it
>>
>>320145427
This is the best gif in the world.
>>
>>320143686
I'm 33, been gaming steadily since I was 5. Eyesight was bad by 3rd grade but it's hereditary and I got LASIK about a decade ago, no issues since. Wrists are fine, back is fine, veins in my legs are fine. I'm getting a little paunch but I'm generally in much better shape than my friends.

I am the only one of my high school friends that still has a full head of hair, my best friend has gout, my wife has some fucked up muscle issue in her leg, and me? I still get like 21 year old women hitting on me hardcore.

So...guess I'm doing alright.
>>
>>320145959
>Blaming the game
>Not the TV
Astigmatism is a cornea issue, not retina.
>>
>>320146487
stretch marks fade with time. getting a tan helps, but i doubt you're the type.

you should lift.
>>
Eyesight isn't ideal but that's due to the fact I've lost one eye, the other one still works like a peach.

Everything else is fine because I've always kept /fit/ simply because I enjoy it.
>>
>>320145851
You give my body too much credit. It knows.
>>
>>320147051
I had an LA Fitness membership and I was just losing my mind how shitty and not fun it was. But you're right. I should. Just.... the gaming is too fun and I juggle college and a full-time job. so I'm like... fuck that lol
>>
>>320147454
learn the classic lifts. it gets fun once you know what you're doing. it turns into irl leveling.

but do what you like, by all means.
>>
>>320144847
Damn, she's memorized. He could probably talk her into anything at that very moment.
Who is that?
>>
>>320144847
As a person with chronic pain from bad posture, I can tell you that you do not want to have chronic pain.
>>
>>320143686
My posture must be shit, i've been doing the first little but of work i've got for like a year right now and the back of my ribs feel really tight and painful. Shit sucks, I do a long walk at least once a week but i've never got this pain over the year, so it can't be down to the activity alone. Maybe it's all the reaching and leaning, I don't know.
>>
File: 1449649687746.jpg (24 KB, 387x461) Image search: [Google]
1449649687746.jpg
24 KB, 387x461
>>320145578
>this entire post

I love it when people try to justify being lazy little shits over the Internet. Like, you would think that the anonymity of the Internet would mean that people could be MORE honest, seeing as how the anonymity means you don't have to lose face, but I guess some people still feel the need to defend their bullshit in such a setting.

>>320146161
Don't waste your time trying to understand these miserable sobs.
>>
>>320143686
Wrists act up every now and then, no big deal really though. Back and posture are shit, never had to do with video games, I had very very very minor scoliosis, but I just hunch over anyways, just feels more comfortable. Eyesight is fine outside of reading at long distances due to astigmatism, I can see someone holding up fingers ways off, but I can't read that far off.

I expect my body to take a shit in the next 2-3 years though since I'm a lazy asshole that sits on his ass all day.
>>
i'm starting to lose feeling in my right hand index finger, and my wrist hurts

back is not great, my neck is the real problem

my eyes have been fucked since 4th grade
>>
>>320147797
posture is a habit, not a blessing.

go to a physiotherapist and fix your shit before you get hooked on opiates.
>>
>>320143686
My hands are super fucked up and full of tendonitis. I have massive asshole swelling too. My autism (literal diagnosed kind) made me fucked up with anxiety orders so it's really hard to see a doctor. When I was a kid I had a massive foot infection that made it hard to walk and it screwed me up.

I'm trying my hardest to arm massages. Knots in your entire arm and shoulder and neck can help relieve swelling a lot. I'm so scared about my health though.
>>
File: 1433517217110.gif (3 MB, 253x145) Image search: [Google]
1433517217110.gif
3 MB, 253x145
>>320143686

trigger finger and wrists are fucked due to drafting for 15 years and gaming for 20, so essentially "pulling a trigger/clicking" about a million times a day that long has made my right hand a mess. back is kinda shit too from poor posture, eyesight is fine although it seems like it shouldn't be as hard as i stare at screens all day.

luckily i get enough outdoors time fishing and stuff to kind of even things out.
>>
>>320147591
oh god do I have to go on /fit/?
>>
>>320148110
Thanks for the advice, I've been trying.
>>
File: 08_bigbon.jpg (43 KB, 640x200) Image search: [Google]
08_bigbon.jpg
43 KB, 640x200
>>320143686
> You only have one, please take care of it!

Oh, I know.

First of all, I'm fat as fuck. I am 1.68 meters tall and I weigh 95 kilograms. My biggest wakeup call to losing weight happened about a month ago.

I was in the second floor of my house and I heard my phone ringing on my first floor. I rushed down the stairs to get it, because I knew it was going to be an important business call I had been waiting all day to receive.

After running down, I notice that my knees started hurting. It hurt for the rest of the day. I then remembered all that stuff I learned in college about how obese people suffer from fucked-up knees that just can't handle the weight put on them.

I did not want to suffer from diabetes and all those other obesity-related diseases, so I began exercising. I just lightly jog for about an hour minimum everyday.

Once my weight goes down to 80, I'll begin doing heavier exercises. But for now I don't want to put too much stress on my body.

My biggest inspiration is Bonchan from the Street Fighter community. He's a pro player, the best Sagat player in the world who used to be fat as fuck but lost weight and has gotten his life all straightened out.

Pic related. Bonchan.
>>
>>320143686
My body was honestly getting shitty after sitting in front of my computer for a while til I got a job that required stretching after sitting X hours in front of the comp. Now I do it at home. Only takes 10 mins and feels good man the whole day.
>>
Everything is fine besides my eyesight, fuck you OP.
>>
File: 1410332643615.jpg (15 KB, 263x181) Image search: [Google]
1410332643615.jpg
15 KB, 263x181
>left wrist indefinitely hurts, sleeping with a brace helps a tad
>right hand hurts to grasp things for more than a minute
>my hobbies are piano and metalworking
>pursuing software development as a career
>21
>>
File: ryan-hart-prodigal-son.jpg (30 KB, 502x502) Image search: [Google]
ryan-hart-prodigal-son.jpg
30 KB, 502x502
>>320148454
>Bonchan
>best Sagat player in the world

Poor Ryan...
>>
>>320143686
>How are your wrists, Anon?
Fine
>How is your back and general posture?
Awful
>How's your eyesight?
Not good

>Is playing video games all the time fucking your body up?
Most likely, as is lack of exercise and sitting at a desk job all day
>>
>>320148354
/fit/ is for bantz

bodybuilding.com is more comprehensive resource desu. look up beginner programs and start from the ground up. you could get away with ~1 hour in the gym 3 times per week.

or learn calisthenics or something. shit, the world is your oyster.

>>320148454
being a fat fuck is fine for heavy lifting. you'll lose weight faster, in fact.
>>
>>320143686
I just did that and broke my cock thanks OP.
>>
>>320143686
Dead Rising absolutely destroyed my eyesight
>>
>>320145212
>>320145578
>>320147960
You guys are all kind of right. The idea of exercise isn't to live longer. It's to increase the quality of life. If you only take a small amount of time to do some basic exercises, then you can maintain your strength and other physical functions. Which would make going through life feel that much easier. Not only that, but exercise helps improve you mood overall. You will be much more clear headed.

And hell, maybe if you aren't a fat slob, then you could have dodged the buss in time.
>>
>>320144991
>tfw probably have 0/0 vision

I need to go to the opticians but I hate glasses, might get contacts.
>>
>>320143686

> Is playing video games all the time fucking your body up?

Just recently I realized that I suffer from Erectile Dysfunction.

25 years old.
>>
>>320148454
What about your diet? Make any changes?
>>
>am mr skeltal at 6'6
>used to play sports as a kid/teenager
>turn to computers in my late years in highschool
>6 years later my back is killing me

I wish I wasn't so tall sometimes. I'm going to be a hunchback soon enough.
>>
>>320148797
>being a fat fuck is fine for heavy lifting. you'll lose weight faster, in fact.

Do you have any health links for this? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I really don't want to put too much strain on my body. My logic is that I want to get stronger first before I do more physically stressful exercise. I don't want to injure myself. I might be completely wrong, but it's better to be safe than sorry.
>>
>>320148957
Stop masturbating
>>
>>320148882
>maintain strength and other physical functions
>other physical functions

can't stress this enough. i did rotations in hospitals/rehab centers. the types of people who end up there in old age are either traumatic injury cases or folks who spent 10+ hours a day doing nothing but watching tv. once you've seen a grown man depend on suppositories to shit and a nurse to wipe his rotten asshole, you start rethinking your lifestyle.
>>
>>320146487
Cocoa butter for stretch marks iirc. I used to have them on my hips and inner thights, they went after a while.
>>
>>320149027
Yeah, I'm basically doing the whole calorie diet thing. Based on the research I did, I have to max my daily caloric intake to around 1,800.

To make sure that I stay within that limit, I'm paying for catering.
>>
>>320149038
Do you smoke?
>>
>>320149181

I did since I can't get it up.

This shit started a while ago when I finally hooked up with someone, went to stick it in her and I couldn't because it was flaccid.

Tried again a couple days later and same shit. My penis simply died on me.

Shit's horrible.
>>
>>320146487
>>320147051

Stretchmarks don't fade with time, trust me on this.

They're a constant reminder of how badly you fucked up. If you're now skinny, wear them with pride as they serve as proof of your accomplishment. Losing weight is no easy task.
>>
>all the people saying exercise is shit and useless
lmao it takes like 15 mins a day to be healthy how fucking lazy are you
>>
>>320149434
Mine have literally gone away m8 you're talking out of your arse
>>
>>320149369
Nope, shit makes it hard to breath. I had asthma real bad as a kid.
>>
>>320149186
How does cocoa butter work, exactly? Similar to that anon, I got stretchmarks when I suddenly gained weight at 13. I lost the weight completely in the next growth spurt when I got tall and slim again. I'm 29 now, and they're still there. Can cocoa butter really help?
>>
>>320148454
> 1.68 meters tall and I weigh 95 kilograms
>mfw these are almost my exact measurements
>mfw right knee is commonly in discomfort
I keep eating high calorie shit, like cheesy and meaty pasta dishes, and I recently started drinking beer too. And I never exercise. I need to be more like you anon.
>>
>>320149360
That's good to hear.
>>
My thumbs and the muscle(?) on the outside area of my elbow have been killing me this semester from all the writing, typing, and mousework. Lifting weights kind of helps but it's still fucking awful. Any tips? I stretch several times a day
>>
>>320149569
Just asking because I quit smoking 8 months ago and gained 10kg, smoking keeps you a skelly.
>>320149640
>The moisturizing abilities of cocoa butter are frequently recommended for prevention of stretch marks in pregnant
>However, the largest clinical study regarding the effects of cocoa butter on stretch marks in pregnant women found that results were no different from a placebo

Huh, well, I suppose it's worth a try. Moisturising is a good idea anyway.
>>
>>320148454
>>320149724
Start cycling mates,

Cycling is fucking great because there's not much strain compared to running.

A warning that it will be fucking hard to start off with but gets easier the more you do it.

Get a cheap but not supermarket tier hybrid bike. Maybe make a thread on /n/ about recommendations.
>>
>>320149120
most of the strain your body experiences is likely through your hips and knees. that's unavoidable. but the damage done to your joints is typically through microtraumas and repetitive stresses while walking, running, etc. mere weight-bearing won't ruin your joints, trust me. it's impactful exercises like running that will wreck your joints as an obese person.

you're fat. you have a surplus of energy in the form of fat deposits. your body metabolizes these fats during cardio to produce energy. catabolism. nuff said, everyone knows this.

lifting weights tears muscle. repairing said muscle requires energy. guess where some of this energy is going to come from in a fat person? anabolism.

cardio + lifting is your best bet.

source: i went to school for this

the sooner you lose the weight, the sooner you can stop worrying about your joints.
>>
>>320149824

All the women I know swear by "Bio-oil", but with a name like that I think it must be snake oil.
>>
>>320144515
30+ years going here. Don''t let the nerds convince you that you ever need glasses.
>>
Whenever I play anything for an hour or longer I get these fucking headaches that last the whole day.
All the time sitting hurts my back, I get 3 full minutes of pain when I go to sleep.
Playing DMC3 on PC with a keyboard killed my right hand for a week, but I beat DMD mode and had fun.
9/10 I'm doing fine
>>
>>320149986
>Wanted to get a bike
>Too fucking tall for normal ones
>No specialty shops in town

I don't want to drive to a big city just to get a bike.
>>
>>320149559
Even the simplest of google searches prove you wrong.

>>320149640
It doesn't help. Neither does olive oil, or any other moisturizers. Laser treatments, which diminish their appearance, will never get rid of them entirely. They're actual tears in the fabric of your flesh as it struggled to accomodate the additional weight that stretched it.
>>
I have a cm/360 of about 70cm/360 and I don't move my wrist at all when playing FPS, it's all elbow.

My wrists feel great since making this change. Highly recommended. It'll improve your accuracy in FPSes too.
>>
File: 003.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>320149986
tfw cycling

i'd recommend against a hybrid bike for first time though
suspension forks are heavy af and will be harder for bigger people to start up

a $200 road bike from walmart will be fine to start with

>>320150206
how tall are you?
>>
starting to exercise only now
i'm doing pretty ok as far as health goes
my weight is definitely an issue though
>>
>>320150059
Alright. I'll look into it. Thanks for the detailed response.

>>320149986
Yeah, I'm considering cycle and swimming to mix things up so that I don't get bored lightly jogging everyday.
>>
>>320150312
I'm 6'6. The ones I found around my town didn't have adjustable handlebars so I'd have to be hunched over the entire time and that's not helping my back any.
>>
>>320150245
>It doesn't help. Neither does olive oil, or any other moisturizers. Laser treatments, which diminish their appearance, will never get rid of them entirely. They're actual tears in the fabric of your flesh as it struggled to accomodate the additional weight that stretched it.
That's what I always thought. But a part of me wants to believe there's a fix.
>>
>>320145545
the lower side of my hands used to go numb after a while too
just look up stretches like the one in the op and it goes away
>>
File: road-bike-sizing-chart2.png (135 KB, 873x797) Image search: [Google]
road-bike-sizing-chart2.png
135 KB, 873x797
>>320150206
How tall are you?
>>320150312
Mate this post is bollocks pls don't spread lies.

Most hybrids don't have suspension, the ones that do are shit and avoid them at all costs.

Walmart bikes are referred to as BSOs (bicycle shaped objects avoid them like the plague.

t./n/igger
>>
>>320150283
Also, if you're a PCuk I highly recommend sitting in front of a window do you have something with a focus point of infinity (like the sky or very distant terrain) to observe ever now and then, like during loading screens and shit. Does wonders for your eyes.
>>
>>320146161

But I'm at work 9 hours a day, every day. How do I have enough time in my life to play video games, go to the gym, get certifications, and talk to my friends/gf?
>>
>>320150539
non ethusiasts don't need enthusiast products.

as with most exercise equipment, people don't end up using them and the money gets wasted.

a walmart bike is fine. if you stick with it, buy a new one.
>>
>>320144043
>Oh and my heart skips a beat every now and then.
Are you sure that you don't have anxiety? Are you often afraid of having a heart attack?
You might be suffering from hypochondria, which is often confused with munchausen syndrome where you fake disease for attention, but it means that you have anxiety about your health.
You should go to a therapist if that's the case
>>
>>320149986
I might consider this but I'd have to find a small neighborhood to bike around. As a driver I loathe pedestrians, mostly in the city, and I don't want to be an annoyance to anyone.
>>
File: 1449122351459.jpg (57 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
1449122351459.jpg
57 KB, 500x666
Broke my leg in high school, can't run, can't cycle, even walking hurts still.
>>
>>320150430
I know. I hoped for years for the same thing and blew hundreds of dollars to try and fix myself as I'm covered in them from shoulder to knee.

Nothing worked, don't waste your money. My advice would be to spend any money you'd put towards a "cure" on clothing instead.
>>
I work a shitty desk job so my posture is terrible. I relieve it by stretching and excersize. I also wear protective computer glasses to avoid degradation of my eyes because staring at computer screens at work and at home all the time would kill my eyes normally.

It's not hard to stay healthy. You dont need to be uber macho, just not a fat lazy slob.
>>
>>320150430
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23237514

>Severity of previous stretch marks significantly increased in the control group during the study (17.8%, P = 0.001), but not in the treated group (6.3%, ns). In women who developed new stretch marks during the study, there was a significantly greater 'difference in severity' (between baseline and maximum severity) in control group vs. treated group (0.47 [0.57] vs. 0.14 [0.60], P = 0.031). In women without previous striae, incidence of these marks was significantly lower for the treated group patients compared with control group (5.6% vs. 35%, P = 0.031, OR: 9.2 [95% CI: 1.0-83.3]). The use of the anti-stretch mark product is proved to be effective in reducing severity of the striae during pregnancy, prevents the appearance of new striae and halts progression of those already present.
effective in reducing severity of the striaE
>effective in reducing severity of the striae
>halts progression of those already present
>>
>>320150757
A £250 hybrid bike from a shop isn't an enthusiast product.

Walmart bikes are not fine they're shit and will break and cause problems. These blokes are fat and heavy, a walmart bike will collapse.

If someone wants to learn how to play the guitar you recommend a cheap beginner guitar but not a fucking plastic toy one do you?

You only have to spend a bit more to get a non shit bike.
>>
My wrists are shit, my back is shit, my eyesight is shit.

24 years of gaming.

Though of course my work basically comprises me sitting at a desk looking at a computer so there's that.
>>
>>320143686

Posture is kinda shit but I try to be conscious of it when I'm not at home
Eyesight was kinda shit in one eye 15 years ago but I kinda fucked up the other eye too. Not sure if hereditary or because of vidya.
No wrist pain or cramps ever because I constantly exercise my hands unconsciously by spinning pens.
>>
>>320150563
make time, prioritize.

do you care more about playing a video game for an extra 30 minutes, or could you possibly spare some of your precious time to be even a little healthy?

there are people in worse situations than you who make time.
>>
Okay, can you health guys explain something for me?

For the past couple of months, my shit has been somewhat sticky. You know how regular shit just flushes down the toilet? Well, in the past few months, my shit would leave slight skid marks inside the toilet that I'd have to clean using a brush so that it doesn't stick there.

What the fuck is going on with my body? I'm not eating anything particularly bad. I don't smoke or do alcohol or drugs.
>>
>>320143686
>Wrists
fine because I have an active job that doesn't stress my wrists like a computer job
>posture
Was never good
>Eyesight
Thinking looking at a screen will wreck your eyes is an old wives tale from the 1950s. I still have 20-20 vision while my brother who rarely used a computer or watched tv needs glasses.
>>
>>320151009
Both my walmart bikes are fine after 6 years. I rode both for a year each and they were $100 and $140 respectively.

If someone wanted to play guitar, I'd recommend them a $100 imitation wood one to see if they like it. Walmart bikes aren't plastic equivalents.
>>
>>320151180
any diet changes that you can think of? maybe you just need more fiber, mane.
>>
>>320150245
>Even the simplest of google searches prove you wrong.

What? Are you telling me that I need to google whether stretch marks I had have gone away? Because I can see with my own eyes that they've gone. I didn't use any oil or anything either.
>>
I'm basically at the peak of physical fitness and eat well. always keep a good posture, 20/20 vision. I'll keep those wrist exersizes in mind
>>
File: ButFlanders.jpg (8 KB, 256x197) Image search: [Google]
ButFlanders.jpg
8 KB, 256x197
>>320143686
>About 12 years of vidya playing
>ATLEAST an hour or two each day mostly much more
>Sit about 1 ft to two feet from monitor
I go to the gym 3 times a week so I don't worry about wrist and back shit. It's been debated many times that posture when sitting can't affect your back. As for sight I used to have to wear glasses but now I don't anymore, my eyes have corrected. So you can't blame the screens either.
>>
>>320144682
Ikr
>>
>>320143686
wrists are fine i think
eyes are fucking pilot tier
posture has always been like this but after getting this new chair and starting to run i can't even remember the last time my back hurt
>>
>>320151254
Why did you ride shit bikes for a year? How often were you using them?
> I'd recommend them a $100 imitation wood one to see if they like it.
lel, no.

Walmart bikes are shit and you really don't know what you're talking about, if you did you wouldn't be recommending getting a supermarket bike.
http://www.whycycle.co.uk/buying-a-bike/beware-the-bicycle-shaped-object/
https://www.southcoastbikes.co.uk/Dont-Buy-a-Cheap-Bike
http://thecyclehub.net/beware-bike-shaped-objects/

I also play bass guitar and have many friends who play instruments none of which started on an imitation wood guitar. You buy a real one second hand.
>>
>>320151451
i'm worried way less about my mid/lowback while sitting than i am about my neck. cervical postural issues are very real and very observable. i'm willing to bet you have tight suboccipitals and cervical flexors.

everyone has shit neck posture, though. so it's not a huge deal unless it gets very severe.
>>
>>320151681
Does Academy Sports count as a supermarket bike? That's probably where I'm going to check out.
>>
>>320151451
I imagine it's a combination of many things, mainly diet. I was feeling crappy and only weighing at 113lbs for over 4 months (5'6", practically underweight), but I'm now at 118. I feel a lot better in the chest than any place else.

My wrists though? They're going to go eventually.
>>
>>320151180
Do you have
-fatigue
-anxiety
-weight loss or gain
-swelling in your throat
-irritability
-heart palpitations
-increased heart rate
etc

If so you may have an overactive thyroid which causes fat in stool and makes them sticky.

I have all the symptoms of it and seeing a doctor on Wednesday desu.
>>
>>320143686
I fucked it all up because of selfsucking
>>
>>320151845
Yes they do look like shitty bikes ngl m8.

I'd recommend spending £200 or $300 minimum to get a bike that isn't completely shit.

A bike is a vehicle, you really don't want to be going 30mph down a hill on a piece of shit.
>>
>>320151681
Because I wanted to see if I'd stick with. I took a break after the first year and figured I'd given up, started again and bought a ligher one. Stuck with it through the next year and bought my first 'real' bike.

I started on a $100 guitar as well as a $80 keyboard. Dropped guitar and bought an upright piano.

I get what you're saying, the quality is low and corners are cut to make profit. I'm not denying that the quality of them is subpar to even normal people standards. But overweight people are overweight for a reason. If an overweight person is buying a piece of exercise equipment (bikes in this thread's context), they're probably going to keep the same habits they had that caused them to be overweight and it's going to end up not being used enough to warrant the extra money on getting a 'real' bike.
>>
>>320151681
>Put ALL of your money into a hobby even if you're unsure how far you will go!

Come on now
>>
>>320151945
Wow, even your eyesight?
>>
>>320152176
Most people have ridden a bike in their life and have the mental ability to consider if they would enjoy it and use it or not.

But I do see what you mean about the likelihood of them quitting.
>>320152352
Is not what I said. You only have to spend a bit more and get a bike from a bicycle shop to avoid the shitty ones.
>>
>>320152389
yes it snapped my back and now I'm completely paralyzed from my chest to my feet plus my sight is gone
>>
Eyes getting worse and worse but still fairly low end strength for glasses.

Shit posture but lifting helps.

Born a wristlet but wrists are fine otherwise.

Comfy video you should watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiRC80FJbHU
>>
>>320152579
How are you reading this?
>>
>>320152627
I'm not, it's text to speech and I get help from my assistant if I need it any time
>>
>>320152717
aeiouaeiouaeiouaeiouaeiouaeiouaeiouaeiouaeiouaeiouaeiouaeiouaeiouaeiouaeiouaeiouaeiou
>>
>>320144682
\glassesadjust
>>
>>320152757
fuck off man
>>
>>320143686
>How are your wrists, Anon? How is your back and general posture? How's your eyesight?

Never had any wrist issues (I change arm positions slightly constantly, which makes sure I don't strain myself.
Never had any posture or back issues since I often change sitting positions and always sit as relaxed as possible (often with my feet on the table).
My eyesight is exceptional, always has been.
>>
>>320152717
Does it read out dank memes?
>>
>>320152717
soisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoisoi
>>
>>320152864
It does not read images no, but I can get my assistant for me to do that if I need to.
>>
>How are your wrists
Fuck you. OP.

For some fucking reason, the bones in my elbow and wrist making twisting them nearly impossible.
>>
File: 1406864810151.png (17 KB, 239x200) Image search: [Google]
1406864810151.png
17 KB, 239x200
>>320152717
>>320152757
>>
>>320143686

>Is playing video games all the time fucking your body up?

No, chronic shitposting is. I'm don't play videogames, I'm just here to spout simplistic opinions for hours on end, ridicule anyone who disagrees with me, and generally foster divisiveness, cynicism, and an overall lower level of public dialogue.
>>
File: coucou.jpg (7 KB, 128x130) Image search: [Google]
coucou.jpg
7 KB, 128x130
>not using flux
>not sleeping on floor

I've been a neet since 2 years, no exercise. I feel great.
>>
>>320143686
I have a bad back, bu that's from lifting boxes at my HS job, not video games. Sitting in this shitty chair I have probably isn't helping though. I'm looking to spend some money on a good chair soon.
>>
>>320153467
One second I'll fetch her
>>
>>320147717
THIS
THIS IS MY FETISH
>>
>>320143686
My posture isn't too bad but it isn't the worst either. I always find myself slouching and know I shouldn't do it. Thanks for reminding me to sit up straight.

I really have to start exercising more often though. My leg often feels a little sore and it's making me concerned. Fucking winter and snow making long walks almost impossible, I wish it was summer again. Canada is truly the worst.
>>
File: thing's are fine.jpg (156 KB, 600x887) Image search: [Google]
thing's are fine.jpg
156 KB, 600x887
>>320153323

>I've been a neet since 2 years, no exercise. I feel great.
>>
>>320153467
She said "a naked smiling man with long hair eating icecream off his penis".
>>
>glasses since third grade
No turning back now
>played tennis in HS.
Wrists are fine
>desk job with shitty chair.
My posture is beyond fucked

My office is moving to a building with a gym/rec center soon. I'll live NEET-like until then.
>>
>>320152717
JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDENJOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN
>>
File: 1415464926742.jpg (66 KB, 506x270) Image search: [Google]
1415464926742.jpg
66 KB, 506x270
if you have back problems from sitting too much do this everyday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BOTvaRaDjI

literally only 12 minutes and can save you a trip to the doctor.
>>
>>320152717
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
>>
>>320153914
also helps posture a great deal, forgot to add.
>>
File: 1440442833148.jpg (11 KB, 341x339) Image search: [Google]
1440442833148.jpg
11 KB, 341x339
>>320153665
Power to ya man
Get your assistant to tell you about this picture
>>
i can crack my wrrist every 5min like cracking my knuckles, is this bad?
>>
>>320153914
I've been meaning to look for lower back workouts for a while now. Thanks a bunch man.

Do you know what sort of exercises people mean when they talk about leg day? I've been thinking about getting into lifting and shit but I don't know how to balance everything out. As you can see, I've done 0 research on this.
>>
>>320143686
Yes.

Got a topre mechanical board and that's helping a bit, main thing is I need a claw grip mouse.
>>
Chiropracty is quack science right?

Who do I go to for actual help with back and neck shit before it's like the spine man or bone doctor? A physiotherapist?
>>
>>320143686
>wrists
Sometimes I am unable to use the mouse with my right hand. I have to just stop using it for a few days at a time.

>back
Terrible - but it always has been. I can't stand still for very long without my back aching. My posture is awful too because I am always looking down at things.

>eyesight
Not quite 20/20 but I am a bit longsighted so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>320153802
AEIOU
>>
>>320153914
>literally first few seconds there is a disclaimer
nope
>>
>>320154141
squat

deadlift

deadlifting did more for my back and legs than any isolation exercise. plus being able to pick 400lbs off of the ground is pretty cool.
>>
>>320154072
No.

There is absolutely no long-term benefit to cracking your knuckles, but there isn't a detriment to it either.
>>
>>320154228
I went to a Physical Therapist twice a week for about a month and that helped me out pretty well. I had a sciatic problem that hurt like shit.
>>
>>320154141
go to /fit/ read the sticky

leg day is a bro split term for doing leg exercises, mostly isolations rather than more useful compounds. real leg and back workouts are things like squats and deadlifts
>>
>>320154228
go to a physio. depending on what country you live in, you can access them directly without a doctor's referral and still get covered by insurance.

chiropractors tend not to address the root problems behind folks' aches and pains. they're about immediate results. admittedly, having an adjustment feels pretty good. and having one every now and again probably doesn't hurt. but it won't fix your posture, because almost every musculoskeletal imbalance (aside from traumatic injury) stems directly from muscle tightness and weakness.

go to a PT and learn to stretch and strengthen.
>>
File: kTsMNTY.png (491 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
kTsMNTY.png
491 KB, 800x1200
>>
>wrists
They seem fine to me. Only hurt after a very long time playing, which only happens when I have a few consecutive days off.
>back
Pretty much always hunched over if I'm not consciously keeping myself straight.
>eyes
In a fairly bad condition, though it seems to be genetic since my parents also need glasses. I only hope my sister won't have to deal with this.
>>
>>320149986
>mfw cycling
>My parents won a cheap bike and decided to give me it since I've recently started exercising
>Decide to walk home to my parents which took a bit more than one hour but didn't even break a sweat
>Bike home
>Took 28 minutes and I ended up wasted after just a few minutes

I haven't cycled in 6+ years, it's really using different muscles than walking does
then comes the weather like wind and shit
>>
File: Darunia's Anger.png (825 KB, 967x978) Image search: [Google]
Darunia's Anger.png
825 KB, 967x978
>>320154617
golem get ye gone
>>
>5'6 120 pounds
>godawful eyesight, need thick glasses
What did I ever do to deserve this?
Oh yeah I played video games religiously growing up
>>
I've been losing my weight for this past half year
But now comes winter and all the christmas food
>It can't be helped
>>
>>320154502
>go to /fit/
no thanks i'm not a homosexual
>>
>>320154617
Golem get ye gone
>>
>>320154887
that's a shame bruv

we could have lifted together
>>
Pretty good health wise, I have shit vision and have to wear glasses, can't wear contacts because they irritate my eyes. I think I have dry eye from all the vidya
>>
File: 1431427350606.jpg (46 KB, 806x736) Image search: [Google]
1431427350606.jpg
46 KB, 806x736
>keyboard and mouse is superior
>thread full of crippled PC neckbeards
>>
>tfw you parent's alarm system fucked your hearing over more than gaming with headphones ever did
I don't understand why they needed a house alarm system that blares a 110 decibel alarm from the same unit you have to input the deactivation code into. it's been a month and I think I have slight tinnitus and hearing loss in my right ear
>>
>>320154502
>>320154320
I see, thank you.
>>
>>320154815
>5'11
>155 lbs
>decent muscle mass
>fairly intelligent
>average eyesight at best, get by without glasses so far
Guess who else played video games religiously as a kid retard
>>
>>320155584
>not even 6'
I'm sorry.
>>
>>320155291
Waste of time anyway because by now your neighbours won't care.
>>
What I like to do is for every hour I'm on the computer, I'll take a quick break and do a quick round of squats, push ups, and pullup. Really helped with my posture and it makes me feel better physically and mentally.
>>
I think I have RSI.

My wrist hurts when I try to bend it left or right, it's not that bad but I still feel it. I've had it for like 3 months.

How do I fix this
>>
File: lolis in charge.jpg (53 KB, 638x355) Image search: [Google]
lolis in charge.jpg
53 KB, 638x355
>>320157645
>How do I fix this
fap with other hand
>>
File: 1448927956103.jpg (289 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448927956103.jpg
289 KB, 1920x1080
>>320143686
>Wrists.
Left one is a little off which makes no sense but they usually balance out by playing a console for a bit.
>Back
Regularly fucked. I remind myself to go for walks to stretch it out.
>Eyes
I have RP. No hope for me so might as well take in what I can.
>>
>>320157916

that might actually be it thanks f.am
>>
I bought a stationary bike and put it behind my computer.

Whenever I watch anime or play something with a good soundtrack (I was doing N++ for a while. Good platformer for PS4) I just bike instead of sitting. Nothing hard, just more than nothing.

It's suprisingly easy to forget you're cycling if you're stuck on a tough level or get into the groove of the game. I did a 2 hour N++ session before the sweat getting in my eyes started bothering me.

I got this for $250, which was kind of a waste, but I wanted to put a wireless keyboard on it instead of doing some kind of duct-tape special on a regular bike. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CM9CBZY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00
>>
>>320159794
>2 hours before you were sweating hard

You're not pushing yourself enough. Increase the tension and get your speed up lad.
>>
>>320159986
I started sweating way before then, it's just that it started bothering me after that long.

When I'm only planning on watching one episode before doing something else, I turn it up. But mostly it's just to feel less lazy, not actually to get stronger/healthier. So yeah, I plan on continuing to half-ass the "workouts" when gaming and my attention is 100% on the game instead of my legs.
>>
>>320143686
I have tendinitis and scoliosis
>>
>>320160925
I do 25-30 mins on the second highest tension at around 90rpm and I'm sweating loads by the end desu and I watch something on my tablet.
>>
>>320143686
Left one's fucked up from falling up a hill I think. Weak, but alright AFAIK. Left eye's vision's gone bad these past couple days. I think I've got a sinus thing.
>>
File: 1449861825323.jpg (80 KB, 492x500) Image search: [Google]
1449861825323.jpg
80 KB, 492x500
>>320143686
Not sure if the eye sight thing is real, but my eye sight gets worse and worse, I can't even see what's on my monitor if I'm farther than 20cm away.
Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.