[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they get rid of her qt accent?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5
File: mgs qt.jpg (68 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
mgs qt.jpg
68 KB, 640x360
Why did they get rid of her qt accent?
>>
Kojima didn't want her talking like a retard for future games.
>>
>>320143605
raycisss
>>
how is doing an accent racist?
and why is it only racist if you do an accent of a non white
mei lings accent is racist but naomis britbong accent isnt?
why not?
>>
>>320143870
how is her voice racist?
>>
>>320143896
britbong aren't human
>>
Because it was a mistake. Didn't make sense for someone who grew up in America.
>>
>>320143896

Because she was born and raised in the US. It was racist to have her speak with an accent because she was chinese when she was a native born American citizen. I still love the accent tho and want it back
>>
She was literally born and raised in the states and spoke perfect english, yet she somehow had a fresh off the boat chingchong accent
>>
>>320144062
>>320144064
These.

This was actually a great example of racism in video games. Almost like barret in VII
>>
>>320143605
>Why did they get rid of her qt accent?

Because from a story, VA, script and music department MGS1 is the best MGS game.
It had focus, talent and passion behind it. After this the series only started to spiral out of control.
>>
Why do you niggers think just because one was born and raised in another country that their accents would automatically never exist?

The parents are the most important in development of the voice.
>>
>>320144062

>born and raised in Chinatown
>accent

>born and raised in some secluded white rural town
>no accent

you realize that the US isn't some monolithic entity right?
>>
>>320144190
how is an accent racist tho?
racism is the believe that someone is inferior because of their race
having an accent is just, an accent. it doesnt say anything about being inferior just that they are different thats all
the accent wasnt racist, it was unrealistic
>>
>>320144650
racism isn't all about superiority. There are positive racial stereotypes such as asians are good at math and black men have huge dicks.

Doesn't mean either are less racist.
>>
Because she's American.
>>
>>320144379
ehh I know a lot of mexican kids who speak perfect english, were born in the states, yet whose parents barely speak english. the kids are the parents' translators

also my father sounds like andrew dice clay yet I dont have his nyc accent
>>
>>320144785
>racism isn't all about superiority
by definition it is
>>
>>320145132
>>
>>320144379

Unless the kid exists entirely in the bubble of the home, no it's not. Especially if they're put in the K-12 system, what they hear at school will have a way greater impact on the way they speak.
>>
>>320144785
By grouping things like stereotypes in with racism you are besmirching the good name of banter.
>>
>>320145376
>especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or aces

Thanks for proving my point.
>>
File: Capture.png (4 KB, 503x39) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
4 KB, 503x39
>>320145376
>>
>>320144190
"You bustin' up my rhythm."
"We're goin' to Junon, boyeee!"

- No joke actual Barret lines
>>
>>320146509
That's not racist.
>>
Naomi lost her sexy accent too.
>>
>>320143605
Kojima has shit taste.

There, it needed to be said.
>>
File: barret.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
barret.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
>>320146509
He actually goes. SHIIIIIIIIIT at one point too.
>>
Wardine say her momma aint treat her right. Reginald he come round to my blacktop at my building where me and Delores Epps jump double dutch and he say, Clenette, Wardine be down at my crib cry say her momma aint treat her right, and I go on with Reginald to his building where he live at, and Wardine be sit deep far back in a closet in Reginald crib, and she be cry. Reginald gone lift Wardine out the closet and me with him crying and I be rub on the wet all over Wardine face and Reginald be so careful when he take off all her shirts she got on, tell Wardine to let me see. Wardine back all beat up and cut up. Big stripes of cut all up and down Wardine back, pink stripes and around the stripes the skin like the skin on folks lips be like. Sick down in my insides to look at it. Wardine be cry. Reginald say Wardine say her momma aint treat her right. Say her momma beat Wardine with a hanger. Say Wardine momma man Roy Tony be want to lie down with Wardine. Be give Wardine candy and 5s. Be stand in her way in Wardine face and he aint let her pass without he all the time touching her. Reginald say Wardine say Roy Tony at night when Wardine momma at work he come in to the mattresses where Wardine and William and Shantell and Roy the baby sleep at, and he stand there in the dark, high, and say quiet things at her, and breathe. Wardine momma say Wardine tempt Roy Tony into Sin. Wardine say she say Wardine try to take away Roy Tony into Evil and Sin with her young tight self. She beat Wardine back with hangers out the closet. My momma say Wardine momma not right in her head. My momma scared of Roy Tony. Wardine be cry. Reginald he down and beg for Wardine tell Reginald momma how Wardine momma treat Wardine. Reginald say he Love his Wardine. Say he Love but aint never before this time could understand why Wardine wont lie down with him like girls do their man.
>>
>>320146830
And sometimes, he says "Shi't!"

How the hell is that pronounced?

Those random symbols in place of curse words are pretty funny as well, and they're everywhere.
>>
>>320144058
some people grow up in america but still have the accent
>>
>>320144379
this
>>
>>320147048
They actually censored that in PC version. Just changed it to more symbols.
>>
File: Isabela_Portrait.png (299 KB, 508x576) Image search: [Google]
Isabela_Portrait.png
299 KB, 508x576
I liked her as Isabela, and she had an accent
>>
>>320147048
It's either pronounced Sheee-t, or shiet
>>
>>320146732
Why he thinks shes better without the accent?
>>
>>320147865
i'm still pissed off about what they did to her in dead rising 3
>>
>>320148328
It could be more accurate. But it's not like she necessarily wouldn't have an accent. And since it's possible and also a nice thing, why not have it?
He didn't consider at all that people liked it.
>>
>>320149847
yeah he has shit taste
>>
>>320146732
yeah his favorite mgs character is raven
>>
>>320143605
BECAUSE DAS RAYCISS U SHITLORD
>>
>>320144064
i hate this fake argument. If all Mei Ling did was study and do schoolwork all the time, the only people she likely talked to were her parents who only spoke Chinese. Therefore she had no reason to speak perfect English. The smartest girl in your school was probably chinese and had a heavy accent. it was in my school , the Valedictorian's accent was so strong they had to let the runner up give the graduation speech.

TLDR Accent Mei Ling is pure virgin genius. No accent Mei Ling is average ABC airhead slut.
>>
>>320150297
Which Raven?
>>
>>320143896

they got rid of naomi's accent too, or at least toned it down

twin snakes is an abomination
>>
>>320144062

She fucking grew up in Chinatown. Are you so sheltered you've never met someone born in America that has the accent their parents have from where they are from? I've fucking lost count of the amount of people I met like that.
>>
>>320150660
Removing Nastasha's accent was the biggest fucking sin.
>>
>>320150795

Why not remove Liquid and Sniper Wolf's accents while they're at it? Just make every single character as bland as possible. Give them all a southern Cali accent.
>>
>>320144062
Even if she was raised in the US she would still have an accent from her native Chinese parents. Your parents teach you how to speak and pronounce things regardless of where you live.
>>
>>320144785
There are biological differences between races, you fucking retard. By your logic, nature is racist, the whole universe is racist.

Fuck off.
>>
>>320151052
SoCal has an accent?
>>
>>320146636
Maybe not, but it is stereotypical. It's also funny.
>>
>>320151062

You're extremely naive if you think parents are the only influence on childhood language development.
>>
>>320151380

Well everywhere has an accent. The colloquial Californian accent is often seen as accentless when it's just another kind of American accent.
>>
>>320151728
I think there's one part of Ohio that's considered to have no accent. I remember hearing that they trained people who talk a lot for their job to talk like the people there.
>>
>>320152138

It wouldn't be that they have no accent then, but that the regional accent is about as neutral sounding as you can get.
>>
I wonder, do foreigners think American accents are as exotic and sexy as we think foreign accents are?
>>
>>320152520
My french friend said to me the way I pronounce french things would be cute to french girls. I dont know if he was secretly hitting on me though.
>>
Because Twin Snakes and MGS4 are not canon.

And by extension neither are PW and MGSV.
>>
In a way, I kind of wonder how accents even exist. I'd assume that when you learn another language, you'd try to learn to pronounce words exactly as a native speaker would, so in theory, accents wouldn't happen very often. That's clearly not the case, though.
>>
>>320153346
because the longer you segregate a population the more those populations deviate.
>>
>>320143605
Because the voice actress spoke better English when it she recorded for TS.
>>
>>320153307
Mgs4 is good
>>
>>320143605
9 years is long enough to develop another accent.
>>
Quickly, what's the most pleasing accent when it comes to spoken English?
French is pretty good.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.