[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Tony Hawk game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: thug.jpg (61 KB, 354x500) Image search: [Google]
thug.jpg
61 KB, 354x500
Let's settle this once and for all. Which is the best Tony Hawk game?

Vote on that shit
http://strawpoll.me/6265523
>>
Tony Hawk's Underground is one of if not the worst game in the series
>>
>>320130267
why?
>>
>>320129976
>http://strawpoll.me/6265523
AYY UNDERGROUND 2 4 LYFE EPIC JACKASS MEMES AMIRITE? LOLOLOLOL XD I AM THE PENGUIN OF DOOOOOM
>>
>>320130345

I liked Underground 2 for two things: Ring of fire, and the Berlin and Barcelona sections
>>
>>320130345
Underground 2's story was dumb as fuck, but it has the best mechanics of the series imo
>>
>>320130330
Tbhere's a multitude of reasons but I guess the main offenders would be sucking all life and color out of the series, focussing on a embarrassingly childish, incredibly poorly written and implemented 'story' that shamelessly tried to cash in on the GTA edgebux, and of course who can forget the broken 'snap-to' physics, the 'driving' and 'walking' (seriously), and the abrupt halting lines that finish in the middle of nowhere to accommodate the driving and walking.
>>
>>320129976
>no THUG Pro
śmh
>>
File: thug3.png (3 MB, 1000x1416) Image search: [Google]
thug3.png
3 MB, 1000x1416
Underground 2 is the best.

THUG doesn't have a classic mode.

THUG has waaay too shitty vehicle controls and a tiny amount of skating objectives, and often tiny levels design-wise.

THUG does win in story but this is an arcade skateboarding game anyway.
>>
>>320130604
>shamelessly tried to cash in on the GTA edgebux
holy fuck what are you even talking about

>of course who can forget the broken 'snap-to' physics
anyone who's played THPS3 can't remember them either, dumbass

walking was also a great addition to the series since it added a vertical element (you could get on roofs and then start combos for example)
>>
File: 1414514791447.gif (4 MB, 344x203) Image search: [Google]
1414514791447.gif
4 MB, 344x203
>THPS3 not even top 3

you did right today /v/, I'm proud of you
>>
>>320130829
They could completely remove the vehicles from THUG and the game wouldn't suffer at all, would probably even be better to be honest
>>
>>320130916
He's mad the story isn't childish, like that's one of his complains can you believe it? lol the story is the best in the series. Nothing wrong in making it serious.
>>
>>320131029
Last year during my yearly THUG1-2 marathon I counted the vehicle objectives, there were 3 per map minimum and there were only like 10 real objectives in the entire map.

You'd end up with a 2 hour game.
>>
>>320130916
>shamelessly tried to cash in on the GTA edgebux
>holy fuck what are you even talking about

The crushingly cringe-inducing story, I thought that was clear.

Let's not also forget the big skate star in this one was Chad fucking Muska. That was who they focused on. That actually sums up the transparently-corporate attempt to appeal to 'the kids' pretty well.

The physics changed dramatically between 3 and THUG, if you don't notice that it's an indication of your appreciation for the games

>walking was also a great addition to the series since it added a vertical element (you could get on roofs and then start combos for example)

Then again, maybe that serves better
>>
>>320131124
That's THUG 2 only. THUG 1 had less driving and was only included in some levels (Suburbs, Tampa, Vancouver, San Diego)
>>
>>320131159
>That was who they focused on.
...only in the first level? lol did you actually play the game?
>>
File: Tony_Hawks_Underground_2_PS2.jpg (25 KB, 256x327) Image search: [Google]
Tony_Hawks_Underground_2_PS2.jpg
25 KB, 256x327
>>320129976
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI97EqeV8rs
>>
>>320131159
>The crushingly cringe-inducing story,
/v/ has always loved THUG's story anon, stop trying to retcon real life

and hating chad muska makes me think this is bait
>>
>>320131334
Yes, I don't complain about games I haven't played. I wouldn't be so bothered if the serie wasn't one of my favourites up to THUG.

>They changed the mechanics dramatically
>The story was cringe inducing
>Fucking Chad Muska
>OMG ONLY THE FIRST LEVEL!!

You don't have any issue with my other claims then?

From your typing I'm guessing you were a kid when you played THUG, which would explain why you liked it. Do some research though.
>>
>>320131468
This post is bait right?

>The crushingly cringe-inducing story,
/v/ has always loved THUG's story anon, stop trying to retcon real life

>/v/'s opinion is infallible
>/v/ is one person
>'/v/'s opinion' constitutes 'real life'

Holy fucking shit that demonstrates you are literally incapable of thinking for yourself. Go ahead, express an opinion, tell me why you liked it. Because your post is ridiculous, I mean I'm sitting here incredulous. Give it a shot.

>He likes Chad 'I'm a rapper mom!' Muska

hahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>320131639
>, I mean I'm sitting here incredulous.
lmao

I mean no man, you're absolutely right. haha
>>
>>320131874
What struck you as amusing about the use of that word? Given your past rank idiocy, not limited to but certainly including liking Chad Musak and THUG, I'm going to assume you don't know what it means. Prove me wrong. Don't just google the definition, explain what amused you about it.

The fact you can't back up your 'opinion' in any regard should speak volumes.
>>
>>320132081
Dude, chill. I said you are right. I give you the reason. You win. Congratulations.
>>
>>320132081
by the way, I'm not the same guy you were arguing with, I just though you typed funny.
>>
>>320132234
I don't believe you. Glad the penny has dropped re: your terrible 'tastes'. Think for yourself
>>
>>320131479
>They changed the mechanics dramatically
besides walking there's not a real difference
>>
>>320132320
>I don't believe you.

I'm dying here.
>>
File: EXTREME.png (2 MB, 1768x2224) Image search: [Google]
EXTREME.png
2 MB, 1768x2224
>>
>>320132485
>no ssx 3
>>
>>320132540
Tricky > SSX 3 man.
>>
>>320131426

The soundtrack of this game was weird.
What are Frank Sinatra and Johnny Cash doing in a Tony Hawk game?
Somehow it worked though.
>>
>>320132485

How was that new SSX game?
All I remember about it is that people were mad it didn't have multiplayer.
>>
>>320132485
>I have not replayed these games recently: the list
>>
>The 90s-Early 2000s are gone forever
It hurts to live.
>>
>>320132771
Most of the songs of the Tony Hawk series are mostly taken from other popular skate videos IRC, same went with the EA Skate series.

>>320132861
I really liked it. It had a fresh feeling to it and the wingsuit inclusion was pretty fucking fun. It was also harder.
>>
>>320132861
The 7thgen one?

Probably shit. I saw it had DLC and was completely eaten by shit modern standards I lost all interest.
OST was shit from what I remember too but i haven't looked it up in awhile. Might be talking out my ass there.
>>
>>320133002
I loved the soundtrack, it went well with the game. You should have played it, I had fun with it. Didn't download any DLC though.
>>
>>320132885
I play most those even today and other great sports games like SSS on Saturn, the first 2 Cool boarders, Ampped, The 1080 games, etc.

I love the genre. I really recommend SledStorm if you haven't played it by the way.
>>320133148
The game has to be something amazing for me to care when it has adapted modern shit standards. I would already be looking at the game with very biased eyes.
>>
>>320132915
It's hard to believe it was so long ago. The world has gotten so shitty and sterile since then.
>>
>>320133313
where do you replay THPS2?
>>
>>320129976
The correct answer will always be THUG.

Yes, it has slip ups with the weird driving shit and off-board focused missions, but the core gameplay is tight, fluid and the best in the series, as well as having some great levels.

While later games had similar gameplay, the rest of the game, such as the levels, were disappointing, especially when it started to focus on open world.
THUG2 has the best soundtrack in the series but some bad levels and Bam Margera bullshit.

It's also now harder to go back to previous games, as good as they were, without features like manual/grind extensions.
THPS4 is a weird case which, while introduces all these mechanics, also has some of the worst levels in the series, so it's not a great one.

The walking, while controversial, just gives the player more movement and combo options and overall is a great addition.

Then there's all the custom stuff, like custom skater, board, tricks, and especially the create-a-park which also lets you create your own goals.
>>
>>320133373
On a PS1 in my room?

Emulation for PS1 seems pretty excellent these days though and all free if you want to try that also.
>>
>>320131254
Not true, there's driving in every level.

New Jersey you need to chase the drug dealers (mandatory).
Manhattan you need to dump the car.
Tampa you steal the police car (mandatory)
San Diego you steal the flower cart for a race/pick up girls.
Hawaii you crash the pineapple stands.
Vancouver there's the lawnmower and the limo which is mandatory.
Slam City Jam has the blimp.
Moscow you need to pick up the chicks (mandatory).
>>
>>320133476
how can you stand the low resolution?
>>
>>320133703
there's another new jersey driving mission to join a gang, and a manhattan one to break some nut stands

game's filled with them
>>
File: 514GJ18HJ8L[1].jpg (53 KB, 353x500) Image search: [Google]
514GJ18HJ8L[1].jpg
53 KB, 353x500
I miss the 'arcade sports' genre.

I don't care about the regular FIFA series but Street was awesome. NBA street was also great, and I don't know a single thing about basketball.
>>
>>320133968
I'm not a casual or blind consumer I guess.

I like the 5thgen graphics. They're unique. 6th gen still looks modern which is depressing in all honesty.
>>
>>320129976
>1 vote for proving grounds
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.