[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone getting this on Early Access tomorrow?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 3
File: Squad_3-660x330.jpg (27 KB, 660x330) Image search: [Google]
Squad_3-660x330.jpg
27 KB, 660x330
anyone getting this on Early Access tomorrow?
>>
Kickstarter/Preorder people should have their release Steam keys now in their email that you purchased with.
Unfortunately no preload option.
Supposed to unlock at 3:00AM tomorrow according to email.
>>
File: 1444745531232.jpg (8 KB, 209x233) Image search: [Google]
1444745531232.jpg
8 KB, 209x233
>>320126240
>Early Access
>>
>>320126240
I was thinking about it and then decided that I'd rather save my 40 bucks and play PR until Squad gets more content. Once it does release, make a thread or two, I'm curious as to how it plays.
>>
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50135680/Squad_EA-Manual_1_0.pdf
>>
>>320127570
usually I'd be with you but I'm desperate for a modern PR
and given the dedication of the community I think the game will come to fruition
>>
Are there already community administrated servers? Remember the number one rule, never ever join servers run by or associated with candy.
>>
>Early Access

This kills Squad. The game will be invaded with casuals and kill off the entire game. Imagine if PR was suddenly invaded by 1000s of casuals. This is how bad it's going to be.
>>
>>320127605

Good idea. Squad is still incredibly barebones and PR is a much better game and will probably be for another year. I'm not a fan of some decisions the Squad devs have made such as Rally Points being spawn based instead of timer based. You can spam how many rally points you want.
>>
>>320128671
>For another year
Considering how long PR's been out for about a decade now, I don't see them catching up that quickly.
>spamming rally points
That's what you get for playing a game made by rejects from the actual PR team :^)
>>
>>320127612
>Tab doesn't bring up the squad/kit menu
I don't know if I can handle this.
>>
>>320129231

It never did, caps lock did.
>>
>>320128671
>The RP is destroyed and disappears if enemies are nearby. There can be only one RP for one squad -
as soon as you place another RP, the previous RP will disappear.
>There is a cool-down timer of 2 minutes after you placed a RP (cool-down timer is reset to zero if
the SL respawns). There are only 9 spawns available per RP, it will disappear when all spawns were
used.
>>
I'm tempted to try it, I'm just concerned it'll have too small a playerbase and ruined by maximum tryhards.

How much is it?
>>
>>320129594

>2 minute cool down

Wow, it's fucking nothing. The SL can pretty much place a new RP as soon as he dies. This ruins the whole game. Makes it chaotic as fuck. It doesn't matter if you down an enemy knowing he will respawn very near in his little Rally Point. RPs were only used to bring a squad together in PR, not used as a spawn point. It's terrible.
>>
>>320128575
How does early access lead to "casuals" overpopulating the game?
>>
>>320130008

What the fuck you think? Lots of casuals who have no idea what Project Reality will flood the game and play it like it's Battlefield. It will be complete chaos.
>>
>>320126240
Nah it looks worse than fucking insurgency. Ill stick with PR
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 400x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 400x405
SQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!
>>
>>320130214
But what does it being early access have anything to do with it? Besides, PR never got extremely popular, why would Squad?
>>
What kinda game is it?
Insurgency + Verchiles? Is there even gameplay?
>>
>>320130214

I'm sure you were a professional the first time you played PR.

Just imagine, back then all the more experienced players looked down on you and wanted no part of having you play with them.
>>
>>320130596

Are you retarded? PR never got extremely popular because it was a mod for a very old engine for a game which you had to buy but most importantly, it was never on STEAM. Squad will be extremely popular now, just look at insurgency when it hit EA.
>>
>>320130842
>players looked down on you

They didn't because i read the manual and watched introduction videos.
>>
>>320130813
http://www.realitymod.com/
>>
>>320130847
>Insurgency
>extremely popular
What are you smoking?
>>
>>320130847
and all the shitters will drop it
PR is literally f2p and somehow it resisted the BR's and children
>>
>>320131525

>PR is literally f2p and somehow it resisted the BR's and children

Because no one knows about it since it's not on STEAM and it runs on an ugly engine.
>>
Neat
>>
inferior to ground branch in every single way, game which is also coming to EA in a week or two if it hasnt already
>>
>>320126240
desu too hardcore for me.
>>
>>320128575
Except that already happened to PR when standalone became a thing. First few weeks was a real shit show, but at least some of those casuals stuck around.
>>
>>320130214
What the fuck are you even trying to say, retard? That Squad should only be sold to people who played PR?
>>
>>320130214
First and foremost, this is nothing like PR.
Second, PR is shit.

boohoo my secret club
>>
>>320133806
>ground branch
>ever coming out
>>
>>320134647
check the website desu
>>
>>320133806
isn't Ground Branch a SWAT simulator?
>>
>>320134728
Not really. Think ARMA gameplay depth but not shit and actually fluid, on smaller scale CQB enviroments with some seriously great customization. Check it out.

tl;dr its what Rainbow Six is supposed to be in year 2016.
>>
>>320134889
>Not really.
>its what Rainbow Six is supposed to be in year 2016.
Make up your mind
>>
>>320126240
>early access

I won't go near it on that basis alone and unless the PR community migrates I won't ever go near it.
>>
>>320135203
Well, Rainbow is a man's game. SWAT is a meme game for people who like to have ironic paintball matches and fuck around with tasers.
>>
>>320134710
>** Final game release TBA
>>
As a big insurgency fan but not as big of an arma3 fan, I am excited. With that said, arma 3 runs like shit on a 970/i7 4770k, so you know, if it doesn't run better than Arma 3 I just won't play it.
>>
>>320126240
I'm poor. I might later this week if it's 10 - 15 dollars and looks really good.

Otherwise nah i'll wait for it to be eternally in early access like every other early access game.

>tfw a lot of EA games you bought are still in "alpha"
>>
>>320136159
They closed the packages you can by, ie, it's closed beta testing now.
>>
>>320136454
buy*
>>
December 15, 2015: Steam Early Access launch ($40).
Early Access will last approximately until the end of 2016.
Retail release is estimated for some time in 2017.
It has yet to be determined whether the price of the game will change during or after early access.
>>
>Another shitty brown tacticool military shooter
WOW IT'S FUCKING NOTHING
>>
>>320136454
>>320136578

Got a feeling there's a bit of shilling going on in this thread, not necessarily from you. However anyone got video of this thing in action in it's latest form?
>>
>>320133806
Pipe Dream Game #312
>>
>>320126240
Did they add vehicles yet and is there 100 man matches yet?
If either are no then fuck that shit.
>>
>supporting early access
>literally paying full price for pre-alpha unfinished games

Its faggots like you ruining the industry with shitty business practices.
>>
>>320137580
this t. bh
Can't wait for the inevitable whining when the game gets abandoned or is trash.
>>
>>320137580
>>320137930
This. Only way to make a good game is to get money from proper publisher like EA or Ubisoft
>>
>>320134889
so it's a SWAT simulator
Squad is 100 player combined arms, they're not really competing
>>
>>320127115
didnt get anything in the mail . did you ?.
>>
>>320139403
oh never mind .
if you're using gmail you may get the key in the promotions tab .
>>
>play PR for years
>standalone update comes out
>some noob spic drives the vehicle on a desert map where initial positioning is really fucking important
>he tries to position for his spic buddy gunner in the worst possible spot and doesn't drop the squad off
>we get wrecked and a squad member gets super salt at him, for good reason
>"dude chill out its just a game fucking loser"
>followed by 2 hours of vehicle rape and crappy attempts to push across an open desert under fire from snipers and tanks

Haven't booted it up since, has it gotten better?
>>
>>320140824
It calmed down after a month or so, you can still tell who's kinda new but they more or less have a decent grasp of things. Squad leading during that time was hell though.
>>
Yep
Been waiting forever for a game that is between ARMAs realism and BF/AAs arcade.
>>
>>320136839
I'm not a shill for it, I don't want it stealing players from PR. I remember they had a stream of it with some action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUSopMLhbGY
>gamergrill
>dogshit mic settings, hearing their keys
>streamers suck ass
>Retarded BF4 soundbite and stream notification
>Hardly any squad coordination or teamwork
Besides that, the gunplay seems more fluid, but that's because of Refractors sticky toggle to aim shit. Can't see weapon while running. Cannot reload while running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcgJ5UubU1w
Here's a Jackshills one I just found as well.
>>
>>320142413
>I'm not a shill
>I don't want to steal PR players

You are obviously one of the fucking devs. One of the first things Squad devs said was "we dont wanna hurt PR"

And also, look at this post
>>320127115
A normal person wouldn't post something so informative and precise and aimed at customers as you have.

Atleast admit you're trying to shill the game so we can have a decent conversation with you
>>
>We don't want to hurt PR
>We're just going to make the same game with new graphics and a paywall
>Trust us guise, we don't want to steal players

That other post isn't even mine you paranoid retard.
>>
>>320137067
100 players and a 'surpise 'on release they said

>>320127570
I trust them, they didn't go strait to early access to money whore very early in development on so that was a good sign I'm 75% sure that my trust isn't misplaced

>>320126240
Got it, cant wait and I will enjoy myself
Long time PR fan so its progression will be similar to PR when it started so I can wait for the whole experience and if I need to be a asset whore for a game or two I can go back to PR for a night
>>
is there a more cringy genre than 'realitic' military shooters?
>>
Hah early access
>>
>>320145605
Realistic RTS
>>
>>320130376
BOW BOW BOW BOW BOW
>>
>>320145605
your face
>>
>>320145605
Your fucking post faggot git rekt m8
>>
>>320128961
>free mod
>paid product

A year sounds about right
>>
>>320130214
>muh sekret club

Shut the fuck up and fuck off. I will gladly TK your ass when i buy that pile of shit tomorrow.
>>
>Squad is a 50 vs 50 multiplayer first-person shooter that aims to capture combat realism through communication and teamplay.
fuck NO, I tried Arma 3 multiplayer, having fat armchair generals who takes a game as if it was life and death, barking orders in my ear is not something I consider fun.
>>
>>320146875
good then fuck off if its not your cup of tea
>>
>>320146875
Generally the level of (over)seriousness varies heavily between individual squads. It generally isn't that bad in PR at least.

Arma pubbies are autistic as fuck
>>
>>320147016
>IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T PLAY
Fuck off with your meme, your shitty game is not fun for anyone with a functional brain.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.