[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPa O4jqiVH0 How could they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6
File: lego_guns.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lego_guns.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPaO4jqiVH0

How could they fuck up this badly? I hope there's still a long way to go until the full release.
>>
wrong board m8, /v/ is weeaboo and casual shit only
>>
>>320116109
This looks right up my alley, what is it?
>>
>>320116109
Wait is that a quad barrel shotgun?
Sauce OP please, quad shotguns are my wet dream
>>
>>320118138
Oh it's multiplayer only.
Nevermind then
>>
>>320116109
hey look it's notquake
>>
What's the fucked up thing here OP?
>>
>>320118138
Reflex (arena FPS)

>>320118232
I'm pretty sure it's not a quad shotgun, it just reloads the gun at the end of the barrel.

Sauce:
https://www.reddit.com/r/reflex/comments/3e2eat/new_reflex_weapon_models_preview/

>>320118401
I really had high hopes for this game, but as I see it, there's no reason switching from Quake to this especially since Quake Live no longer need a premium account to host your own servers and access all of the content.

>>320118463
In that webm? The guns look like hideous Lego toys. In general?

>removed Stakegun
>unbalanced guns
>the entire gunplay feels cheap and weak compared to quake, for example, which felt brutal and satisfying
>it seems to be shaping up to be the next Warsow
>etc etc
>>
>>320119034
>game is bad cause I don't like how it looks
>"unbalanced guns" no support in an early access game
>criticisms like "cheap" "weak" that don't mean anything, game must be a Quake clone to be good

yeaaaaaah and this is why no one misses you fps arena babbies.
>>
>>320120429
It doesn't have to be a Quake clone, but if it's inferior to Quake then who'd want it?
>>
>>320121968
You're an idiot, dude. lol
>>
>>320116109
>tfw this game will never take off
QL has such shitty hit registration, and the default movement and armor system is bad compared to Quakeworld and CPMA. Weapons have a 50 ms + ping delay from when you shoot to when they're drawn (except for RG and LG), making weapons feel unresponsive and off (especially the SG). There's tons of bugs in the steam version too. But even QL doesn't really have enough players, you can only consistently find matches during the evening.
>>
>>320122310
epic...
>>
>>320121968

This makes sense, same reason why arena shooters keep failing over and over, even the graphics due to the style look more attractive in quake. The movement look closer to cpma than vanilla so thats a thing.

>>320122523
idk man, the weapon thats most latency dependent was always the LG and if you had the aim it was also the strongest for mid/close range
>>
I'm kinda sad that I bought this and Toxikk.

They both turned out to be straight up copies of Quake and Unreal with just slightly better graphics and, suprise! Nobody wants to play them anymore still.

I'm not upset that I wasted $15, just that arena shooters are probably never going to take off again. At least not if developers can't come up with a way to infuse something fresh into the genre.
>>
>>320123376
Quake: better visuals (which is unacceptable considering it's a game from... you know... 1999), balance, guns, and about everything

Reflex: better movement, more game modes
>>
Contrary to popular belief , most pc players are running on toaster tier rigs.if you want to your game to sell,it's graphics have to be shitty enough not fry toasters
>>
>>320116109
this is the not-quake

what's the name of that not-unreal tournament?
>>
>>320123665
>I'm kinda sad that I bought this and Toxikk.
Same. Toxikk is literally UT3.

>At least not if developers can't come up with a way to infuse something fresh into the genre.
UT4 at least introduces wallrunning (I think).

>>320123832
Yes, but Quake 3, a game from 1999 looks better than Reflex.
>>
>>320123376
Thing about LG is it's backward reconciled, so up to 80 ping if you put the crosshair over the target while shooting, it should hit (it doesn't really work well, but you're mostly fine if you're below 60 and your aim is good with the LG). Also you're typically shooting a target that's just going left to right, and is going to be decently close, so it's less precise shooting than something like RG. The amount of times I've had rockets/rails go right through someone, and how awful the PG and SG feel, it feels like you're fighting the game instead of the opponent. Reflex feels considerably better, but I haven't put enough time into it to really be sure if it doesn't have problems. Really, if QL just had weapons be drawn instantly, backward-reconciliation actually work and be used for all hitscan weapons, have a model that's mostly accurate to the hitbox, and shows how it changes based on movement (no, keel isn't sufficient), gave the option to have Quakeworld armor system, and had the option for Quakeworld movement, I'd be completely happy with the game.
>>
>>320122310
>You're an idiot, dude. lol

please go back to reddit
>>
>tfw I'm the only one who liked the Nexiuz remake
>>
>>320124205
>what's the name of that not-unreal tournament?
Toxikk
>>
>>320124435
Not really a surprise that nobody liked it considering it was designed with console retards in mind.
>>
>>320124257
>UT4 at least introduces wallrunning (I think).
ut4 has wall running

there's no double jump or dodge-jump, which i'm 90% sure for the double jump were in 2k4

fun though. and they've got Showdown: 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3, bo5; you pick spawns think drafting phase, have one life, every power up and weapon is one-time only (and up immediately), and your health is 200 (vials to 299) instead of 100.
>>
Quake online is free, I see no point in this game being made
>>
>>320124693
Yeah, the way I see it, if there's one arena FPS which will succeed, it'll be UT4.
>>
>>320124904
its ยค10 now, which makes it a way better game.
>>
>>320124913
I just wish it would happen sooner

>lazy
>untalented
>offer nothing to the open development
>>
Wait, another arena shooter that will revitalize the genre and set things right? Like Toxikk or whatever it was called?

Why not just play Quake 3 or UT?
>>
File: trash4.jpg (51 KB, 300x386) Image search: [Google]
trash4.jpg
51 KB, 300x386
>Arena FPS isn't dead!
>A Quake inspired game!

lol. CS:GO is king.
>>
File: Untitled.png (156 KB, 734x773) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
156 KB, 734x773
I remember some drones actually shilled this game way back and hailed it as the next coming of arena shooter
>>
File: 1421925355986.jpg (3 MB, 1800x2100) Image search: [Google]
1421925355986.jpg
3 MB, 1800x2100
>>320125356
>CS:GO
>>
>>320125356
You're right. Skill-based competitive games with high skill ceilings are dead while casual games like CSGO, Hearthstone, League of Legends and DotA 2 are played competitively.

The industry is in a very sad state, I must say.
>>
>>320123376
The movement is CPMA, pretty sure the devs are the same guys who made the mod in the first place.
>>
>>320125367
The problem is AFPS are basically dead, the most you can ever hope for is to get old players back and if they aren't still playing, they've moved on from AFPS in general.

New people are too afraid to get stomped for ages until they git gud.
>>
>>320125626
Arena shooter is the same as starcraft 2, who clicks faster and slams keyboard harder win the game. It's dead because it takes zero (0) skill.
>>
>>320125954
You forgot your weeb avatar
>>
>>320116109
Why are people who try to bring back Arena FPS copying Quake 1to1 with better graphics?

If you want to revive the genre come up with something new
>>
File: localbaptist.png (114 KB, 278x324) Image search: [Google]
localbaptist.png
114 KB, 278x324
>>320125954
At least use good bait.
>>
>>320126198
Point is that they want to play Quake but fags are retards and think that old games are bad by default, so if Quake were to have re-release it should get more players?
They just lack exposure and features to keep people playing.
>>
Wait, are you telling me that they removed the stake gun, fucked up all the models, and made my axe into a wrench?
>>
>Rocket Launcher
>Lightning Gun
>Shotgun
>Railgun

Wow, what an original, exciting collection of weapons.
>>
>>320125352
because CPM is better

>>320125919
you need lots of capital to launch a successful game. you don't just make a good game and put it in a store and expect people to flock to it. popularity is a function of marketing and mmo-styled skinner boxes and other psychological aids like gambling
>>
>>320125996
It's funny because no matter how much you cry and shit yourself on /v/, 'casual' games like csgo or dota will still be played competitively for millions of dollars.
>>
>>320126707
It is kind of funny that low skill games are being played competitively now. But it's mostly just kind of sad.
>>
>>320119034
The original rocket launcher was great. When they decided to give it a scratched look and put cum on placedholder models for other weapons, it was the sign of much more gayness to come.
>>
>>320126609
they should definitely seek inspiration from ut and realistic games by introducing the barf gun, wacky useless gun, and 50 nearly identical assault rifles
>>
>>320126503
Exactly.
>>
>>320127334
they don't have enough resources to make really high quality weapon models. the new style is infinitely better because it can actually be made in a reasonable time and it looks miles better than the retarded steampunk shit they were going to do

>>320126503
stakegun was a retarded concept
>viewmodels
>melee
>>
>>320127112
>score attack game
WHY? That actually looked promising.
>>
How is UT4? Is it worth playing or are 99 and 2k4 still better?
>>
>>320127954
What game was it? I didn't get to open the link before it was deleted.
>>
>>320128041
It's getting pretty great, though it's still pretty bare bones.
>>
File: 1448882500652.jpg (83 KB, 578x600) Image search: [Google]
1448882500652.jpg
83 KB, 578x600
>going for the arena shooter audience
>when [their favourite arena shooter] still exists
Why

If it isn't literally the same in every way, the game is trash
>>
>>320128127
>not able to see deleted posts
Kill yourself.
>>
>>320128127
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50-OT83O9qY
>>
>>320126427
Exactly this.
A huge reason people play CSGO now and didn't play CSS or 1.6 5+ years ago is because the better graphics and the ease of access of skill-based matchmaking. If quake released now with those things it'd be just as big as CSGO
>>
>>320128393
I don't want matchmaking though. I refuse to play with anything but a server browser.
>>
>>320128486
That's fine, I prefer server browsers as well, but people like the skill-ranking aspect that you can only really get with matchmaking. It allows a clear representation of progression of skill, which encourages people to want to take it seriously and helps make it a muh esport.
>>
>>320128393
i don't want to burst your bubble or anything but the matchmaking service contributed very little to csgos success, and the game looks quite bare compared to other big budget games. matchmaking is utilised by quite a small fraction of players, the overwhelming majority play on public servers. what made csgo go from disliked failure to massively popular was skins, cash shop, gambling, missions, and e-sports marketing.
>>
>>320124693
Removing dodgejump is some bullshit. Wallrunning and buttsliding could be okay but literally none of the maps do anything to use it.
>>
>>320129084

Gamble and accessibility for the casual and competitive players. Seriously people get addicted to cs gambling and the fact that you can be 12 and beting on your mom's card made the game incredibly succesfull.

I honestly think that a new quake with all these features wont be popular or as popular as csgo, the skill ceiling is extremely high and its mostly 1v1 duels, theres almost no place for a casual community thats big in quake or any similar game.
>>
>>320130075
quake for low skill players is ffa/ca/ft/ctf just like cs has public. csgo is proof that people will play anything if they have monetary or psychological incentives to and the actual game is very much secondary to it
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.