[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game worth buying and playing now in 2015? If I remember
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (735 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
735 KB, 1136x640
Is this game worth buying and playing now in 2015? If I remember correctly this was the shit back when it was released.
>>
None of the kids here have ever heard of wizardry
>>
If you like blobber RPGs, this is as good as it gets. Fantastic voice acting (same people as in Jagged Alliance 2), great soundtrack, lots of items, lots of classes, lots of builds....

The only negative is that some combat can drag a bit later on.
>>
File: image.png (877 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
877 KB, 1136x640
I can't get it to run on a modern Pc.
>>
>>320115623
Does it have a day and night cycle? Like tes?
>>
>>320115701
It's got day and night, but it doesn't have schedules. There aren't exactly a lot of dialogue NPCs either, a couple of dozen or so.
>>
>>320115623
Use Wiz8Fast, pham.
>>
Wizardry general?
>>
File: image.png (279 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
279 KB, 1136x640
Isn't this the game where you got elves and dwarfs with swords and magic but niggas are flying around in space ships to and shit?
>>
>>320116178
Yeah. You can also get a light sword and a few blasters.
>>
File: what's the deal with vlc.gif (442 KB, 500x361) Image search: [Google]
what's the deal with vlc.gif
442 KB, 500x361
>>320115383
I've started new files of this game time and time again.

I always get to that tree weasel place and just don't feel like continuing.
>>
>>320115383
>If I remember correctly this was the shit back when it was released.

It's the best wizardry and very playable to this age, but it's hard and I wouldn't recommend playing it without the mod that makes combat faster
>>
What is a good build for my party? Everyone says the first dungeon is hard so I should pick basic fighter/Mage/cleric characters. The other classes seem so much more interesting. I want to be a ninja.
>>
File: laughing bionicles.gif (676 KB, 258x199) Image search: [Google]
laughing bionicles.gif
676 KB, 258x199
>>320116609
>have ninja in party
>that fucking boss on the road to Arnika
>ninja instant-kills it in the first round
>>
>>320115383

>Is this game worth buying and playing now in 2015?

FUCK YES
>>
>>320116946
Why?
>>
>>320116609
5 fighters, all protecting a single bishop in circle formation
>>
>>320117035
Because it's mechanics are solid and you're not forced to start with a specific class/race

go wild with a party of 6 fairy samurais, or two powerful mages

use wiz8fast for combat
>>
>>320116609
First dungeon is easy, it's the Arnika Rape Road that's hard. Getting from the Monastery to Arnika can be a brutal journey.
>>
>>320117469
>First dungeon is easy
Nothing in this game is easy.
>>
>>320117035
Unless you've played some other cRPG, don't even bother, you'll get you ass handed to you and it will be impossible to progress
>>
File: 45673465.gif (3 MB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
45673465.gif
3 MB, 500x333
>>320115383
>Thought Wizardry 8 was just gonna be some basic fantasy
>GET ON MY IRON SHIP, FIGHT ROBOTS, AND DEAL WITH ALIEN FACTIONS
Blew my mind. I want to go through VI and VII though, to have a party throughout the games (minus one; Don't think I can get a gnome gadgeteer). Just have to get through my problems with playing an old game like no real ingame map.

>>320117573
I don't know, didn't go through much of Wiz8, but fighting those fucking bandits on the road at the start was rougher than anything before or later.
>>
>>320116609
As for the best party, it's debatable.

Fighters and Thieves are recommended, since they are the best melee fighters. Fighters deal 2x damage with Berserk, Thieves always backstab for 2x damage. One of each is good.

Faerie Ninja if you want the best weapon in the game.

A Ranger for Auto searching if you want the convinience.

Bard for early-mid game support, Gadgeteer for more fun and mid-late game support. Early-mid is a bit tougher if that makes a difference.

Bishops are far and away the best mages, they can learn any school. It's good to have 2 so each one can concentrate on 2 schools of magic. Or just 1 if you want to grind all 4 of them.

Samurai is good for the Muramasa Blade, but that's very late game.

Valkyrie area good support fighter.

Monks are almost as good as Fighters and Thieves in melee.

You can also get 2 NPCs to join your party, of which a Valkyrie and a Monk are the best, if that matters for your party.
>>
File: 1449652738800.jpg (53 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1449652738800.jpg
53 KB, 604x604
>>320117469
The roads in that game is why I couldnt play it.

Hey anon, I heard you want to play some wizardy, here 15 bandits so you can waste your whole evening on this sole fight.

No thanks
>>
>>320117469
Luckily it gets easier when you level up, just use instakill spells on groups of bandits, literally free xp
>>
>>320115383
> If I remember correctly this was the shit back when it was released.
You donĀ“t, then.
>>
>>320118339
It's a good game senpai
>>
>>320117996

It does get a lot better after that. Arnika has some good equipment in it, some useful spells, plus a couple of good RPCs for back up.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.