[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When does this game good? So far it's just spam all your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 4
File: xenoblade-chronicles-3ds.jpg (48 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
xenoblade-chronicles-3ds.jpg
48 KB, 620x388
When does this game good? So far it's just spam all your arts: the game.
>>
>>320113701
It doesn't. Enjoy.
>>
>>320114680
Then why does everyone suck this game's dick so much? Am I missing something?
>>
>>320113701
If you still dislike it after Satorl Marsh
>>
>>320113701
when you play the sequel instead
>>
I don't think you can get even to the Makna Forest by mindlessly spamming arts. I don't think you could even beat Xord without some strategy.
>>
So it's basically a shitty WoW game buy instead of being able to push buttons to attack I have to fucking scroll like a faggot playing unreal tournament switching weapons with scroll wheel?
>>
>>320114715

Because MUH big open world offline MMO can do no wrong
>>
>>320115023
yes
>>
>>320113701
Just quit if you don't like it, it doesn't get better
>>
>>320115275
Is X any better senpai?
>>
>>320115057
Xenoblade is not open world.
>>
>>320113701
>So far it's just spam all your arts: the game.
That is the entire game. No the combat doesn't get any better.
>>
when is NoA gonna put this on the Eshop like Europe did

give it up nintendo I'm not buying the shitty 3ds port
>>
>>320115573

If anything it gets worse once you can drag fight forever with sharla and dunban
>>
>>320113701
>...Anonymous
>12/14/15(Mon)06:56:54 No.320113701
>48 KB JPG
>When does this game good? So far it's just spam all your arts: the game.
You're not even out of colony 9 yet are you? you just made this thread to false flag right?
>>
Do I have to play this to play XCX?
>>
>>320115820
Yes
No
Maybe
Can you repeat the question?
>>
>>320115820
No. There are no connections between the 2 games outside of a few easter eggs.
>>
>>320115693
When gamestop allows it
>>
>>320115820

Not story wise.

But like all games there's a lot of gameplay improvements in X so its gonna be hard to go back to Chronicles.

Either way Chronicles is worth checking out and X is going to take a lot more time to play than the previous game.
>>
>>320113701
>expecting japtrash to be good
>>
>>320116962
What gameplay improvements? I just started playing X and so far I just notice things that were removed or made more complicated.
>>
It's nothing special but if you're on a nintendo console you don't get much choice.
>>
>>320113701
>late into game, want to upgrade Colony 6 further
>have to get Gogol horns
>"What the fuck is a Gogol?"
>the weakest of them is level 84
>I'm level 70
Oh well, against the odds yadda yadda yadda.
Also OP is a faggot.
>>
>>320119161
Meanwhile it's better than any of the jrpgs on my PS3.

People who don't appreciate the preparation aspect of jrpgs probably won't like xenoblade's combat. Most of the fun is seeing the work you put into your characters pay off in battle. It's slightly autistic and it's fine if it's not for you.
>>
Wow, not being able to enjoy this wonderful game that Xenoblade is makes me feel sorry for you guys
I had the best 80 hours of my life playing it
>>
>>320119838
I didn't really love it that much the first time I played it. It was nice to look at and I liked the music, that was about it for me. I only got to Mechonis before quitting.

A year later I started all over and something just clicked for me and I loved every single second. Dunno what was wrong my first time.
>>
>>320113701
It doesn't have Sony's name printed on it so I can't enjoy it.
>>
>>320113701
LETS NOT LOSE OUR HEADS THOUGH
>>
>>320113701
When you get the mechs. So never. Go play the sequel instead.
>>
Is there character class in X that plays like Melia, with the hold/release magic mechanic and topple combo?
>>
How far in are you?
At a certain point, art spam WILL KILL YOU because of damage reflecting enemies.
>>
>>320119918
I'm happy for you mate !
I pushed my best friend who likes jrps to play it
He also quit right at Mechonis, he is a semi-pro lolfag
>>
>>320120585
Yes, actually no and it makes me really fucking mad
>>
>>320120585
The Psycorrupter and Mastermind classes inherited some of Melia's arts, but Starlight Kick doesn't require the staff hit to topple. It just costs 1000 tension instead.
>>
>>320120585
No, that's the only gameplay they didn't improve upon, the classes aren't as varied as they were in the original. You can pretty much replicate Seven though.
>>
>>320113701
Try playing anyone other than Shulk OP.

I don't see how anyone ever beat the second and third to last bosses without using Melia.
>>
>>320120810
Jesus christ she is so perfect in every way.
>>
>>320121331
It was incredibly fun to play as Seven, having every auto attack being a double hit AND critical AND healing you felt so good. Shulk is fine but if you don't switch it up now and then you're missing out.
>>
>>320113701
Who do you play that you can just spam arts?

Shulk is auto attack based and position based
Reyn Needs to manage his CD's and hate
Dunban is the most stright forward one so maybe him?
Sharla is anything but spam
Melia can spam but you have to be smart around it
Riki has lots of moves with bonus effects like posion so bleed which some enemies can resist so you have to play accordingy
Seven is like shulk but with more DPS and less burst

Well maybe if you're overleved you can just spam but when I was going through the game I had to be mindful of my CDs and power up my auto attacks Shulk with double hit and haste is beastly.
>>
>>320121425
Except she's not better than Fiora
>>
>>320122135
>>320122135
>didn't even post the fiora's ass webm

way to prove your point
>>
>>320113701
>I don't like a game others do.
>I guess it's the game's fault and not just my opinion of it.
>>
>>320120949
What class is that? I think I remember seeing that in one of the trailers.
>>
>>320113701
>spam all your arts
retard alert!
>>
>>320116962
that why im trying to beat chronicles first. that tower or whatever after the bionis heart is kicking my ass.

>>320119606
is upgrading the colony worth it?
>>
>>320122316
I think it's Full Metal Jaguar. Yep, that's the name of an actual class in X.
>>
>>320122316
What >>320122705 said, but you probably need to master several classes to go full Seven. The psycho launchers are galactic knight, FMJ has dual guns.
>>
>>320122670
>is upgrading the colony worth it?

The first stage upgrades give decent rewards, namely the ability to make crystals anywhere instead of going back to colony 9.

I think there may be an extra skill tree and monando art but a lot of this stuff either requires a metric fuckload of grind or postgame play. Most people do it just for the satisfaction of seeing the place once it is completed.
>>
>>320123180
>a metric fuckload of grind or postgame play
Not really a metric fuckload, the extra skill trees mostly require affinity maxed out and a few sidequests (usually with prerequisite sidequests cleared but you should do those as you play the game) and they are well worth it even before the final boss
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
I'LL KILL YOU
>>
>>320122670
If you just want to beat the story? No. If you want to do postgame stuff then yes. Just make sure you're at least level 77 before Dunban warns you of a point of no return, the last boss is level 82.
>>
File: 1325737130264.jpg (21 KB, 303x354) Image search: [Google]
1325737130264.jpg
21 KB, 303x354
>>320115057
>offline
>massively multiplayer
what

>offline
>online
what

you're just parroting something stupid you read on 4chan, aren't you
>>
>>320119161
last story, Pandora towers, tales of symphonia 2, arc rise fantasia, that chocobo game, crystal chronicles 3 and crystal bearers, fire emblem, muramasa, okami, phantom brave. etc
>>
If you don't like the game now, probably won't get better for you. I loved the game after the first boss and I'm nearly done with the game, the combat and music have to be my favorite parts of the game, but different strokes for different folks.
>>
>>320123908
all shit sir.
>>
XCX has better combat than XC, correct?
>>
>>320124380
Immensely so, yes
>>
>>320124380
Yeah, and one problem with XC is that you don't really get heavy customization until end-game, this is much less of an issue in XCX.
>>
>>320124380
Yes, until skells ruin it.

inb4 idiots claim ground combat is just as viable as 2 shotting shit with a skell and that autismal ground gear farming to remain as competent is "their version of fun"
>>
>>320124380
In XC you have to topple/stun a lot of enemies to even damage them. It becomes cumbersome as fuck when you couple it with the foresight mechanic, its a lot of shit to juggle just to beat the most basic of enemies.

In X, toppling/stunning is treated more like a bonus. Its still possible to win every fight with any class solo, and never find yourself funelled in to a 3 step program to even damage an enemy. Also you're never punished by a one hit kill because you didn't get your monado art in time.
>>
>TP master race
>2nd form of the boss have cannon fodder
>Chain 99 hits on Overdrive

Fucking beautiful
>>
>>320124614
I haven't played the game yet, but to me it seems like there is a lot of time that passes between starting the game and actually getting a skell. So it seems more like a nice payoff after a good deal of ground combat.
>>
>>320124614
I can't deal with multiple targets on a skell

Ground combat seems to give me more tools in doing so
>>
>>320125458
You usually get it after like 50 hours or so, halfway into the main quest, and until you hit level 40 they will be better than you but then you will severely outdamage it until you hit level 50 and get to purchase better ones again.

I prefer to fight on foot as often as possible because skell combat is boring, I only use it for grinding or really hard tyrants that nearly require skells to be beaten. They should have made fuel more limited, but not make flying expend it to not limit exploration.
>>
>>320125636
There's several skell weapons that have aoe attacks. I had one with a gatling gun that obliterated groups, the spread was really wide. Perfect for squad tasks.
>>
>>320124683
This
I couldnt stand doing this just to deal damage to every measly mechon I had to fight
>>
>>320126359
To be fair there aren't that many mechon around until you get to sword valley and by then you can buy gear that can damage mechon. For the odd mechons before that you usually have that mechon damage art ready most of the time by habit.
>>
>>320126479
There's much more enemies than just them
>>
Why is XC so good? I haven't had this much fun with a video game playthrough since I beat P4G over the summer. There's just so much to do and see.
>>
>>320113701

It's a wonderful jogging simulator
>>
Anon, try to play as other characters. Shulk is not exactly the most fun. You should try Riki (he's a total powerhouse) and Melia, they're both tons of fun. Besides, CPU Shulk isn't that bad.
>>
>>320119606
>the weakest of them is level 84
Pretty sure I've seen some 70-something ones roaming near the north end of the bridge on Bionis Leg?
>>
>>320131024
Are you sure?
The XC wiki lists it as the lowest level Gogol.
And the wiki is extremely well documented.
>>
>>320131447
Yep, I'm pretty sure.
http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Sloth_Gogol
http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Greed_Gogol
http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Gluttony_Gogol
>>
>>320113701
I gave up not too long after the encounter at the water down there where ya get new arts.

The combat in this just felt tedious and overly complicated. Not that I couldn't juggle all the shit efficiently or anything. I just don't want to. I didn't find it fun in the least.

To each their own I guess. This shit ain't my cup o tea.
>>
>>320131781
If you found XC complicated, wait until you try out XCX.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.