[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions/stories on this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: CK2-Logo.jpg (152 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
CK2-Logo.jpg
152 KB, 1280x800
Opinions/stories on this game?
>>
File: CK2game 2014-10-12 20-29-43-24.jpg (351 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CK2game 2014-10-12 20-29-43-24.jpg
351 KB, 1920x1080
Incredibly shallow and Paradox are too lazy to add depth and decent mechanics so instead they just extent the time frame and the map to make it even more nonsensical.
Still I've had my fun with it, but I haven't felt the desire to play since they released the curry DLC.
>>
How after all this time and all these docs there STILL is not beatification/martyrdom mechanic is beyond me. It was a huge part of the era.

Even aside from that the idea that the English feudal system existed anywhere outside the isles is ridiculous
>>
I tried to play it but it's just way too overwhelming to start.
>>
>try to play shia from the start to create muh pure everlasting persian empire
>get my shit pushed in by sunni EVERY SINGLE TIME
>religion system and adoption is a clusterfuck i dont even begin to comprehend
Then i stopped playing
One day when i get bored i will boot up the game and try again
>>
I love it despite its flaws. It sits between two different games and it's hurting because of it. It switches between a grand strategy and RPG and going neither way makes it unique but it weakens both sides.

I thought Way of Life was going to fix some of the issues I had with RNG determining a lot of my characters' actions, but it just locked it away under different categories with a few new ones.
>>
File: ck2 2013-12-31 18-59-14-80.jpg (367 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ck2 2013-12-31 18-59-14-80.jpg
367 KB, 1920x1080
>>320096387
>Persian
>Shia
>>
>>320094812
It did exist in most of the continent. Maybe russia was different but in general the feudal system was the same
>>
File: Capture.png (50 KB, 942x93) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
50 KB, 942x93
>>320094270
its okay 6/10 i guess
>>
>>320094465
I think it's somewhat deep, the problem is that they have no idea how to adequately reflect that and make it intriguing. Like if I'm a king and a ducal title passes to me because the holder died without kin, there are multiple character who want that title. What happens is you noiselessly get negative relationship modifiers with those characters and maybe one will prompt a message asking for it. That's just very dry and dull. So much of the role-playing aspect of the game is just RNG events.
>>
>>320096847
Oh yea meant Zoroastrian, my bad
Its fucking hard as balls
>>
>>320094270
It still has it's issues, but I ended up taking over Scandinavia, The British Empire, France, and most of the HRE thanks to the power of viking holy wars. Then the mongols showed up and raped everything, killed most of my family with the rest dying to the plague, took most of my land and just left me with Iceland. So I guess it's pretty fun.
>>
>>320096945
Lol. No. Public school education is so horrific I can't even be upset people think this to be honest even if historians threw the concept away in the 70s just like the dark ages.

http://isites.harvard.edu/fs/docs/icb.topic1350026.files/Brown-Tyranny-of-a-Construct.pdf
>>
>>320098218
Not him but this looks pretty interesting. Can you give a quick tldr so I can get a brief overview before getting some sleep?
>>
>>320098591
The only places where the vassal system we have historically called feudalism existed was northern France, Normandy, and post conquest england.
>>
File: ruined life.png (41 KB, 625x140) Image search: [Google]
ruined life.png
41 KB, 625x140
>>320094270
>>320097064
Meh, its alright.
>>
>>320099439
I kinda want to like it, but I want to grow big and I don't think that's the point of the game. Managing my dynasty is just too complicated and not very exciting, so what is there to do? What's the best parts of the game?
>>
>>320097667
First time it was hard for me too. Second time I had to reload some battles I had with the green blob but I managed to cut them up and slowly eat away their lands. I experimented and gave duchies and baronies to my 10 incest brothers but it's just trouble. Wanted for the empire to break away after heir's death and make something like Russia has with 20 different factions of Rurikids defending each other and spreading like plague, what I got in return is a whole empire with everyone hating my son and me having to crush rebellions constantly because I changed my mind.
>>
>start as Castille
>ally with my brother to conquer Leon
>get the lands and turn my attention Galicia
>my brother in Galicia takes a dive from a balcony
>fuck he has children
>one at a time, my brothers entire family is taking flying lessons from that same balcony
>inherit Galicia
>begin a long series of holy wars to drive the filthy muslims to the sea
>a few generations later, i almost have the entire iberian peninsula
>i marry my daughter to the emperor of Byzantine to get a powerful ally
>they have a son
>the emperor and my daughter die somehow
>suddenly i'm next in line to be the emperor
>my sickly grandson dies
>i'm now the motherfucking Byzantine emperor and still also hold the iberian peninsula
>well
>pax romana here we come.exe
>>
>yfw your heir is gay
>then his heir is gay
>entire lifetime i spend just struggling and hoping he makes a fucking kid
>>
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 640x1136
>>320094270

Pic related
>>
>>320094270
DLC infested game by jews.
That's it. Same with EU4 and what will be HoI3/Vicky 2

They tried to casualized the series so their shitty DLC would sell.
>>
>>320106472
It's only -15% fertility

Shouldn't be that big of a deal
>>
>>320101467
Start as someone with a huge disadvantage and struggle to grow big. Best game I had was starting as the count of provence underneath Italy and breaking free and making it all the way to Empire level. At one point my dynasty was reduced to a single girl who had to murder her half-brother by pushing him off a balcony. She did not have a child for 38 years. Ended up having twins who wound up fighting side by side to take the Holy Land for Burgundy. DEUS VULT
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.