[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MGSV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3
File: MGSV-TPP-Ending-Mirror.jpg (118 KB, 1000x547) Image search: [Google]
MGSV-TPP-Ending-Mirror.jpg
118 KB, 1000x547
You know I didn't think the ending was that bad.
>>
>>320092419
Not bad but a disappointing and kinda a let down after 3+years of wait and hype
>>
But that ending was fucking amazing
>>
It wasn't bad but it focused on the things that we don't care
>>
What confused me about the ending was that they presented Venom being a decoy as being a twist. Not only was it obvious, the intro was all but denotatively telling us this. Like why did we have to play through the most linear, scripted, faux-cinematic mission a second time with no changes just for a few minutes of dialogue between Ocelot and John to tell us what we knew from the start?
>>
trying too hard to be a twist you wouldn't see coming. Of course I wouldn't think the medic was snake, that's retarded. But still people figured it out. that's pretty sad
>>
>>320092819
That and there's literally no build up to it at all. You blow up some tanks with Quiet and then you just get to play the prologue again. After that you're free to roam in the empty open world doing nothing.
I don't know how some drones can say that shit doesn't reek of a rushed product.
>>
I wonder how Kojima feels when playing Mad Max. Does he get sad thinking "this open world is so much better" or is he legitimately happy playing a good MM game?
>>
>>320092419

I was burning up.
>>
You mean that specific ending scene? Yeah, that was actually great.

It was the rest of the end of of the game that was the unfinished and bad part.
>>
>>320092419

Right there, in that very moment that I saw the Outer Heaven logo and it all dawned on me, I fucking jizzed. It's incredible. The way it all comes full circle is fantastic and only edgy teenagers who thought they were going to go "nuclear" based on cutscene trailers are disappointed with the game.

I have over 250 hours into the game and I still go back and play it daily. It's fucking fun, simple. If you can't have fun in this game, you don't like action stealth. Period. It is the genre defining game of all time.
>>
>>320092419
The ending itself and the twist, it isn't that bad, but the way it's implemented with zero build-up makes it just feel like this thing dropped on you out of nowhere.

And that makes it feel shitty.
>>
It wasn't bad but it was unnecessary.
>>
I liked kojima playing with the meta player fuckery he used in MGS2, but I think the opening mission and trailers gave away too much.

That, and all the clearly cut content.
I'm sure the ending wouldn't have been as sudden and jarring if the game wasn't as padded out and chapter 2 was finished with a chapter 3.

Anyway, knowing more of the details bigboss/zero feud was interesting.

In a way zero feels like a father figure to big boss, and the whole argument between the two was "fuck you dad you don't understand mom stop trying to control me"

Which was funny because it shows that zeros plan goes out of control due to circumstances, but that he had genuine good/altruistic intentions and never wanted bad shit to happen to big boss.

Venom was also kinda endearing in a way, he tries throughout the game to be heroic and good (saving the kids ect.)

Probably because the medic is mimicking big boss based on how he saw him, and he thought big boss was a good/heroic man.

It shows that big boss was really just a person, and that anyone can become larger then life reaching some kinda ideal.

It fits well with the solid storyline of how genes don't make the man.

I wish though that hipster reviewers didn't suck the game off, they shat on mgs2 when it came out but since that is retroactively considered more deep then what we initially thought, they all jumped on the bandwagon for 5 even though it had some genuinely bad pacing problems with the story cut content or not.

Anyway, I like it when a game fails trying to be ambitious, because it leaves a better lasting impression.

I really doubt we're going to be getting more content though, even if shit was close to finished konami seems deadest on ditching making games.
>>
>>320092419
yeah, the ending wasn't bad, excluding all the loose ends they just completely dropped with no resolution, but the rest of it was.
>>
>>320092419
The problem is that there's no build up to it, it just comes out of nowhere.
I like the whole ''YOU are Venom'', the problem is, like always cuk content.
>>
It felt like less of a twist and more of a "you knew it was coming. Here's to you, you glorious psychopathic motherfucker. We, together, are big boss." I always got the vibe that it was less directed at the medic and more at you, the player, the avatar you put into his world. Because let's be real here, if you picked up MGSV there's a good chance that you were there with him through peace walker as well, you learned everything from the boss himself.
>>
I think the angle they were going for was that Venom was okay with being BB at first, but as time passes he starts to reject it. it's possible that arc was going to start with mission 51 with liquid saying "I'm not me, I'm just a copy of you" which relates to Venom perfectly.

It was unfortunate that the game was so rushed towards the end, I feel as though people hate it because of how sudden and final the twist is, without much explanation or build-up.

I liked it though, just wasn't a fan of the repeat mission thing
>>
>>320094874
I would have liked if the game ended with Diamond Dogs moving to land, and having you build Outer Heaven itself as post-game shit.
Plus a mission editor to create more missions and make it seem as if you really are a PMC just taking contracts to build up your place.
>>
>remember that first motherbase demo
>''Just remember that YOU, the player, will be creating all this.''
They hinted at it pretty hard.
Also, it's kinda funny how, at the end, no one paid more attention to that
>''What about him...?''
from the original MGS5 trailer, and how we clearly see that Big Boss falls into a coma WITHOUT the horn.
>>
The ending wasn't bad.

Everything (that wasn't) in between was what was terrible.
>>
Kojima had clearly just watched or rewatched F for Fake when he was writing this shit.
>>
>>320095532
This. I think people would've been a lot more forgiving if you either built the real outer heaven from the start or the post game, perhaps stretch out mission 43 to the whole base so DD has actual reason to move onto land.

As it stands DD mother base has no connection to the overall story and is either left to rot or simply existing without making a fuss
>>
Would have honestly prefered a linear story experience like 1-4.

Peacewalker was great, but V fell on it's face due to there being so little story in between the few story moments there were.

It was so damn underwhelming for an MGS game. So terribly underwhelming. Every time a story part happened, I always found myself over-assuming what was about to happen - which never happened in MGS games my first time through before.
>>
the story had no point or purpose in the over arching MGS story. Did we really need to know how Big Boss "came back to life" in MG2? No not really. This game should of let us play as the real Big Boss as we create Outer Heaven while meeting Grey Fox, Solid Snake, Naomi, and forming the rest of Foxhound.

The 30 year old MSX games should have been retconned but instead we got a story that nobody wanted that tried to justify their old and cliche stories from 3 decades ago.
>>
>>320093262
It does reek of a rushed product as someone who still personally enjoyed the game and believes it to be their personal game of the year. Only issue is people blowing it out of proportion and getting pissy that they didn't get to play as Big Boss going nuclear. Which is funny, because the game and trailers greatly hinted at the plot twist. Still I wish the game weren't so rushed around the end and the series had a proper send-off. Hell, I wish they incoporated side missions from Peace Walker.
>>
Every cutscene felt like I was watching a trailer as I tried to hold on to the bare bones story and hoping to god that it wouldn't be over in 2 minutes. But it always was.
>>
>>320095703
that and the fact that when we datamined GZ we found out that the medic and BB have the same face bone structure
>>
>>320092419
it wasn't but it did leave a few things unanswered which is still available for viewing but still not in the main game and the story was the 2nd weakest of the series but overall it's still a great wacky ride.
>>
File: 1400707870004.jpg (41 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
1400707870004.jpg
41 KB, 550x413
>>320096559
Is there a single scene that wasn't shown in the trailers? I honestly felt like I had seen parts of every scene while playing.
Gameplay didn't really give any surprises either, they showed pretty much everything before release.

Now that I think of it, the one and only thing that genuinely surprised me was that aoe attack with the stun arm.

If the trailers didn't spoil enough, they thought having opening credits was a good idea. Seriously what the fuck?
>>
>>320096390
bb went nuclear in front of our eyes in PW, he's just too nice for you to notice.
him backstabbing Kaz was the wakeup call.
>>
>>320096778
>we
you didnt do shit fucboi
>>
>>320097374
But how else was Kojimbles going to plaster his name in the game over a hundred times?
>>
>>320097374
>opening credits
Oh fuck I had forgotten that shit already. I closed my eyes every time and waited until I heard the chopper slowing down. I'd love to see a making of document where those gooks explain how they came up with these shit ideas. I can't say a single positive thing about fucking opening credits for every mission.
>>
>>320097393
Oh, I noticed. Everyone bitching about the lack of nuclear didn't though.
>>
>>320096390
The trailers also heavily hinted that regardless of who we were playing as they would be doing some pretty shady shit out of their LUST FOR REVENGE.

Then in the actual game proper Venom Snake is just straight up heroic, or as heroic as a leader of a PMC can get anyways. Literally the most scummy shit you do in the game is wetworks that everybody else in the business is doing to begin with.

Hell, Miller ends up being the most deranged one out of the main trio and he's supposed to be the one coming out of this as a hero.
>>
File: consider_the_following.jpg (109 KB, 569x428) Image search: [Google]
consider_the_following.jpg
109 KB, 569x428
The ending wasn't bad, the character in it was bad.
For this ending to work mgsv needed to do 2 things. Create an emotional connection between venom snake and the player, make the player really think that venom snake is the bigboss you remember from peacewalker and 3. Because venom was a weird silent robot throughout the entire game that acted nothing like the character you remember, the ending fell flat on it's face.
>>
>>320098585
>>320098585
>The trailer implies
Reasoning on this basis is kind of shitty, considering half the time, you are just projecting what you personally expected the game to deliver on.

The real issues with the trailers is that they showed way too much of the actual story content to the point that there was literally nothing to take away from it in the end.
>>
>>320098903
I still don't understand why they made him almost mute. Like, I'm fine without him sperging out about weapons for several minutes but he just doesn't ever say anything. Longest dialogue he has is in that nuclear disarmament part that's not even legitimately unlocked yet. Which is another stupid design. Those who are still playing FOBs are almost guaranteed to have seen that leak already. Those who aren't playing just don't give a fuck. So, for who is that "unlock" even aimed to?
>>
>>320099074
It's not just the trailer, a good deal of Skullface's speech to you on that longass ride is talking about the same thing.
>>
>>320092419
I'll never get over them bringing Volgin back to life 21 years after his death by the power of being really mad. That is the stupidest fucking shit.
>>
There Should have been a bit where you play as the real Big Boss. Maybe it got cut
>>
>>320092419
The presentation for it was horrible.
And then we have a meh twist with no build up, which would have been ok if the game keep going and built on the situation but it just ends.
>>
Was the cut ending with Eli supposed to happen before or after the twist.
>>
>>320100779
Ground Zeroes was that part.
>>
>>320100918
I think the real big boss on the bike cutscene ends then prolly cut mission, finally the twist ending cause of the blood soaked venom after the cut mission.
>>
The Mother base loss was for nothing since Big Boss didnt really seem too concerned with revenge.
>>
It's a good scene but the game leaves too much shit super obviously unfinished like everything with Liquid
>>
The scene with Eli would have been better with the twist afterwards since he spent all this time raging after the wrong guy.
>>
What ending?
>>
>>320100918
>Was the cut ending with Eli supposed to happen before or after the twist.

I am pretty sure it was supposed to be after the twist so you can relate to Eli being mad about being a duplicate of Big Boss. That would have been a good ending.

But it Kojima used all his money and time on dinners with celebrity voice actors instead of actually finished the game on time.
>>
Was David Hayter invited to any of those dinners.
>>
>>320095229
>but I think the opening mission and trailers gave away too much

It was the leaks that blew it out of the water. People started to be get more suspicious and dig that shit up. Without the guide leaks the crowd of "I called it" would be waaaay much smaller.
>>
People were predicting a twist since the first trailer in 2012 , it wasnt the same twist but they predicted that we weren't playing as the real Boss.
>>
>>320101517
>But it Kojima used all his money and time on dinners with celebrity voice actors instead of actually finished the game on time.

>I have no real knowledge of how things work but I keep on spouting shit /v/ told me to look like I know shit

lelel
>>
>>320096778
You were never meant to see Medic's face in GZ. It's more likely they just reused the Snake facial model to save time rather than hidden LE EPIC CLUES!!1!
>>
>>320092419
It was compared to the cut ending.
>>
>>320102961
>implying Truth wouldn't have still been the final mission
Are you fucking retarded?
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.