[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Xenoblade X is worse than the original Xenoblade Chronicles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Xenoblade.jpg (381 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade.jpg
381 KB, 1920x1080
>Xenoblade X is worse than the original Xenoblade Chronicles
How did this happen, /v/?
>>
Spoilers: They're both shit
>>
muh title screen
>>
1: Take JRPG with MMO-esque gameplay
2: Intensify the focus on the MMO-esque gameplay and reduce the story focus

It's that simple.
>>
File: 1448515559171.png (94 KB, 825x415) Image search: [Google]
1448515559171.png
94 KB, 825x415
>Have a 10/10 game
>Sequel is a 9/10 game

X is still good, stop whining, niggapon.
>>
Because they wanted it to be part 1 of le epik Trilogy.

God it's .Hack all over again.
>>
>dat soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyA_BmX8dgs

What the FUCK were they thinking?
>>
>>320092467
Wait seriously.

If i knew that i wouldnt have fucking bought it. This game isnt even going to end? Im like 50 hours in.
>>
So how do all the Xeno games connect anyway? I remember hearing that there was some sort of huge master plan for them all and each series was a chapter in a bigger story.
>>
The Japanese finally discovered the notion of
>We want the Skyrim audience
>>
>>320091247
I tried to warn you /v/. As sooooooon as that first trailer came out, I told you people.
>>
>>320093407
The more information came out about the game the more I worried about it, but I kept telling myself there was no way they could really fuck it up. I should have listened to my gut.
>>
>>320091247
Is Xenoblade X the "Chrono Cross" of this generation?
>>
>>320093849
Yes, they are both excellent games.
>>
File: Another-World[1].jpg (57 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Another-World[1].jpg
57 KB, 640x480
>>320093849
Not really, no.
At least Chrono Cross was a proper sequel with tons of original gameplay mechanics, a compelling story, and a god-tier OST.
Xenoblade X is just an okay attempt at cashing in on the "MASSIVE OPEN WORLD" craze while ignoring what made the original game so compelling.
It's certainly not bad in many capacities, but it's the MGSV to the original's MGS3.
>>
>>320093204
There isn't. Xenogears was supposed to be a six part series but that got scrapped. Xenosaga was supposed to be a seven part series but that also got scrapped. Xenoblade Chronicles isn't even connected to Xenoblade Chronicles X in any way despite being in the same series as well.
>>
>>320093849
Yes, they are both shitty games.
>>
>>320094135
>Xenogears was supposed to be a six part series but that got scrapped.

don't believe this at all, the "episode v" thing at the end was thrown in for kicks or as a homage to star wars
>>
>>320093849
Only baby's first xeno feel this way. Being unbiased since the series blew after gears I couldn't imagine playing a xeno title without mechas. How anybody can like xc over xcx when the combat is boring without mechas or a class system is beyond me
>>
>>320094545
>How anybody can like xc over xcx when the combat is boring without mechas or a class system is beyond me

Better characters, better soundtrack, better artstyle, better story, better world, better voice acting, etc.
>>
>>320094106
>the MGSV to the originals MGS3
I accept this analogy entirely.
>>
Two words
Silent protagonist
Almost always a bad idea
>>
>>320095948
b-but muh open world
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C4D.jpg (512 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C4D.jpg
512 KB, 1280x720
>>320091247
Hot off the presses. Thanks Allison.
>>
>>320094106
>At least Chrono Cross was a proper sequel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CSk1H1CNME&t=1m50s
>>
>>320092579
itd be fine without UNGH UNGH YEAH YEAH
>>
>>320092579
>people actually bitch about this song
it seems pretty acurate to LA desu.
>>
>>320094135
>Xenoblade Chronicles isn't even connected to Xenoblade Chronicles X in any way despite being in the same series as well.

There are references to XC with the collectibles, monsters, quests, etc. You can also get a wooden Monado apparently.

>>320094545
The characters are more charming, the music is better, story is much better IMO, and the world has much more variety compared to X. That god tier voice acting helps XC too.

ITT: Basically what >>320095948 said except I added probably like one thing.
>>
>>320091247
I love both games.
I just love XC a little bit more.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.