[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So someone has created a modern online version of army men s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
So someone has created a modern online version of army men sarge's heroes' multiplayer.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/360940/

Is it any good?
>>
>>320086786
It's ight. There another update coming out soon.
>>
Why do you faggots keep spamming this shit?
>>
>>320087182
the dev is desperate after everyone refunded the game.
>>
>>320087182
Oh man, a new game came out that no one is covering and people want some info on it? Must be shills! Only games allowed to talk about here are underfail and SFV censorship. Just fuck off if you hate vidya threads.
>>
>>320087182
Because literally nobody mentioned this shit ever and people only find out about it via these threads or browsing the steam store?
>>
>>320087617
>>320087543
We had multiple threads on launch and 90% refunded the game because it wasn't good. A normal person doesn't make a post like OP if they want info on a game. That's pure bait to go click the link to buy their game
>>
>>320087182
Its barely been mentioned you dipshit and the 3DO army men games were fun
>>
>>320087791
Literally the only thread I ever saw about this, and I'm here all fucking day, was the one I made yesterday that got three posts and 404'd.
>>
>>320087791
>90% refunded the game because it wasn't good

Just because its not another cod?
>>
>>320087182
Probably because it's a relatively new game with an interesting setting and I don't think every anon magically knows of it or the quality of the game. That being said I have noticed the past several threads on it and it does seem like the kind of game that'll lose its appeal fast.
>>
>>320087951
Because it's 5v5 with big maps, you can't shoot in the air, everyone gets every weapon at once with ammo regen, and the devs initially deleted any criticisms that people had on the games.
>>
>>320086786
bought it but our party is small and are afraid of 56k connections playing with us so it was a dud.
>>
>>320087791
Then hide the thread. Fuck off with your retarded "any time a non-AAA game is posted, I must see it banned because it may be the dev posting it" retardation. People want to talk about the game, kill yourself back to /b/ if you dislike it.
>>
>>320088048
I'll agree with you on having all weapons rather than the old pickup but from what I've played it was fine spiritual successor
>>
N64 version was better
>>
File: 1426205663644.png (54 KB, 377x510) Image search: [Google]
1426205663644.png
54 KB, 377x510
Rad as FUCK.

Looks a bit floaty though. I'm not against it being fast, but it needs a bit more refinement.
>>
>>320088174
Why are you getting so defensive? The OP is obvious nostalgia bait to get people to look at the store page. Just like when people were posting that shitty hover kickstarter by posting a jet set radio image. I bought the game on launch and I'm discussing it here, but don't pretend like the OP wasn't clickbait
>>
>>320088048
the weapon thing makes it balanced. in old school army men, you were fucked if you did not memorize every weapon location and fuck you if someone else grabs the flamethrower first.
>>
>>320088525
It doesn't though. Every initial skirmish is rocket spam because that's a guaranteed kill that everyone has. You can also snipe from spawn to spawn on some maps.
>>
>>320086786
I wanna buy it , but Imma wait for some updates first , maybe if it grows a nice comfy community and get bigger player cap on the maps.
I just love Army Men. and this is the only hope i have to getting that game back.
>>
>>320088720
They up the player count to 10v10 and 8v8 on the next update.
>>
>>320088808
Sweeeeet.
We need to go further tho. 15v15 or 25v25 , it can´t be that hard to do.
I guess im gonna have to play with lag because i dont think this game will get servers near my shithole. I´ll probably get it by the end of the month
>>
File: patch 1.23.jpg (184 KB, 1319x749) Image search: [Google]
patch 1.23.jpg
184 KB, 1319x749
>>320088994
Recent updates, if anyone wants to know.
>>
File: 2J1A9888[1].jpg (499 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
2J1A9888[1].jpg
499 KB, 960x640
https://youtu.be/oUE41ZNNJ68
Green niggas ww@
Fuck tan.
>>
how is the matchmaking? easy to find servers?
>>
>>320089510
Has server browser.. Always has some servers with people in them. Haven't had any trouble so far.
>>
I made three threads on this yesterday. Two died with one reply, and in the third I was accused of shilling.

It's unfortunate how little discussion of actually interesting looking games /v/ has anymore, it's just thread after thread of rehashes and waifu threads.

Bitching aside, I also want to know if this is worth buying. Someone said yesterday that the discounted price will go beyond the 16th of December for the entire Christmas sale, but I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere else.

I'm a sucker for big world type maps and after I saw the Christmas train level I almost bought it immediately.

One thing to note though is that the publishers also made Ark... and I don't remember that turning out completely ok.
>>
>>320089760
/v/ is complete shit.
Its all about SFV , Smash and nintendo related stuff. Im afraid at this rate , this shit will have to go either to /vr/ or god forbid , /vg/ , rarely any videogame discussion at all about games, like you said , you gonna get called shill every time. and shitposters left and right.
I Really hope this game turns out ok , i loved the Army men games back when i was a kid and toy soldiers in general. It would be a nice christmas present to get that feeling back.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.