[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Midgar is a really cool city. I sure hope we get to explore all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Ff7-midgar.jpg (105 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Ff7-midgar.jpg
105 KB, 800x600
Midgar is a really cool city. I sure hope we get to explore all 8 sectors. Expanding the AVALANCHE missions would be cool too.
>>
>>320075275
looks like a mothership cool!
hey OP is it one bg facotry?
>>
Can you even go back after the highway chase mission?
>>
Hopefully the enemy stuff in the Midgar portion of the remake is not as video-gamey as it is in the original, or at the least there is some explanation why there's a monster house in the slums or why there is a hostile warning board attacking you around shinra employees who seem to not give a damn
>>
>>320075745
Well the whole outer plate there covers a maze of slums, but then that whole outer ring on top of the plate is reactors.
>>320075835
I think you need to get a key later in the game before you can get back in.
>>
>>320076398
I never played a Final Fantasy game, so I'm guessing FF7 is one of the more grimdark games?
>>
File: Vincent_Valentine.png (146 KB, 292x496) Image search: [Google]
Vincent_Valentine.png
146 KB, 292x496
>>320076660
I'd venture to say it's the most grimdark; one of the main characters is a vampire ffs, but it's done in a very charming way.
>>
>>320077045
>one of the MAIN characters is a vampire

He's not a main character given he's barely even findable without an in-depth guide and is one of the most optional things possible because of it.
>>
>>320075991
its a monster that moves into abandoned run down houses to blend in and eat unsuspecting prey (slum drunks) who are just looking for a place to sleep, since they are poor slum fucks.

And the warning sign is a disciplinary sign that is basically there to say "STOP THIS ACTION" and prevent misbehavior.
>>
>>320077129
He's part of the playable cast and has a lot of backstory in the game. I'd consider that he deserves the title, although certainly the most minor character of the party for sure.
>>
>>320077129
How casual are you? Its VERY easy to figure out how to get him without a guide. Everything you need to do is all in the same small building, clues very blatantly spelled out in stupidly easy elementary school riddles.
>>
>>320077449
Main characters are by definition characters directly included in the narrative. An optional character cannot be "main" due to the nature of their existence. Backstory means nothing too, hell, some JRPGs give in depth backstory to NPCs like Trails for example.

Why does /v/ feel like they can ignore definitions of things and just claim whatever they want means whatever they want?

He is not main because he is factually optional, it is impossible for him to be considered a main character outside of the later games that forced him in like the one that features him.
>>
>>320077971
Alright maybe we have different definitions for the term. Sorry to offend you, man.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.