[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favorite Paper Mario game? Inb4 sticker star
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: pm.jpg (12 KB, 212x164) Image search: [Google]
pm.jpg
12 KB, 212x164
What's your favorite Paper Mario game?
Inb4 sticker star
>>
>>320068430
TTYD, with 64 a close second.

Though pic related is my favorite partner.
>>
>>320068430
>stickerstar
i don't think anyone can objectively like sticker star over the other ones in the series, unless they were being contrarian.
>>
Super Paper Mario is best Paper Mario
>>
Sticker Star is the worst of the series, but it's not as bad as you guys make it out to be
>>
TTYD hands down, but SPM and PM64 are also great.
The "salt" which Sticker Star created makes me currently programm my own Paper Mario styled RPG (in terms of combat).
>>
Bowser's Inside Story.
>>
>>320068430
TTYD is a beautiful game that left me with a feeling of wanting more when I finished it.

PM64 is a satisfying adventure that, while not as good as its successor, is still an 8/10 easily. Biggest gripes with this entry were some of the bland settings and a mostly soulless cast of partners. Only ones I hold affection for are Parakarry and Bow.

SPM is a pretty big departure from the first two games but still has plenty of its own merits. The writing is still pretty stellar and the original characters that are present are still likable save for the Pixls. The 2D/3D plane mechanic is genius, imo. I just don't like it as much as the first two because the atmosphere is eerily lonely, bizarre, and disconnected.
>>
playing through 64 right now..

then I'm gonna go play through TTYD, then finally finish super.
>>
File: 1406159041517.png (607 KB, 680x698) Image search: [Google]
1406159041517.png
607 KB, 680x698
TYD, but that's not to say I don't like PM. SPM already seemed to be moving away from what I loved about the other two, with less real towns and no partners with personalities or little stories all over the place that TYD and PM had.

I get mad even thinking about Sticker Star's existence.
>>
File: 1445213257968.jpg (1 MB, 1279x974) Image search: [Google]
1445213257968.jpg
1 MB, 1279x974
Bump
>>
I like 64 a little bit more than TTYD

Its close tho.
>>
bumping for Paper Mario.
Oh, and 64's my favorite.
>>
File: miyamoto.jpg (72 KB, 960x440) Image search: [Google]
miyamoto.jpg
72 KB, 960x440
>>320068430
But anon, Sticker Star is the best one.

Do you really want those pesky characters and story to distract you from the experience?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.