[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>PC doesn't need exclusives!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 11
File: 1432724756686.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1432724756686.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
>PC doesn't need exclusives!!
>>
exclusives are the only thing justifying a consolebabbies retarded purchase
>>
>>320050240
And more frames and resolution are the only thing justifying a gaming rig
>>
>>320050351
here's your reply
>>
>>320050150
Well the multiplats run much better on good PCs, so why would I play them on consoles?
>>
File: 1449887689053.png (298 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
1449887689053.png
298 KB, 600x512
>>320050240
I've noticed a trend of people (likely underage, probably browse r/pcmasterrace) say PC "doesn't need exclusives" and then shitpost about framerates and resolution as if that's the reason you should drop $800+ on a rig, to get more fucking frames. And honestly the whole argument is a bit stupid because vast majority of these console games do run at 60fps, the few that don't are graphically intensive exclusives or cinematic games. I'd take cutting edge graphics over framerate any day. When's the last time a PC exclusive has actually pushed the fucking envelope graphically?

Is this what PC gaming has become? PC used to be the king of exclusives. You used to be able to play entire genres only on PC. But today? I can't even remember the last worthwhile PC exclusive. Now all you get on PC is console ports with better framerate and resolution, and occasionally some indieshit kickstarter from some old washed up dev.

What the fuck happened to PC gaming? It's like it went to shit right around the time "PC master race xD" became a thing.
>>
>>320050351
here's your second reply
>>
>>320050150
No platform should need them.
It's like releasing DVD's that only work in certain players.
>>
Can you faggots keep it to one thread please? That one with the drake OP should suffice if you really need to post more ITS NOT FAIR memes.
>>
>>320050547
> I'd take cutting edge graphics over framerate any day.
You...You DO realise that any game a console can run, a PC can run prettier and faster. And if it's STILL not good-looking enough for you, there are filters and mods for games you can download to make it look even better.

I own a squillion consoles as well as a gaming PC. I'm largely unbiased. I enjoy the console for kicking back with mates on Xbox LIVE, I enjoy the PC for kicking back with mates and playing Yakkity Sax while driving cross-country in ARMA.

With the right hardware, a PC will beat out a console running the same game, graphics AND FPS-wise every single time.

Well, you know, unless it's Arkham Knight-esque levels of broken for the PC version.
>>
File: 1445353128635.png (9 KB, 401x367) Image search: [Google]
1445353128635.png
9 KB, 401x367
timed exclusives are now a thing. gg console owners
>>
File: 1428604793897.gif (460 KB, 220x132) Image search: [Google]
1428604793897.gif
460 KB, 220x132
FUCKING FROG POSTERS
FUCKING CONSOLE WAR BAIT THREADS
FUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOU
>>
>>320050351
>this anon BTFO
>"h-here's your reply :("
>>
>>320050150
who are you quoting
>>
Can I play roguelikes on a console?
>>
>>320050240
>>320050351
>>
>>320050150
No, because literally every mulit-plat is better on PC.
It sure is nice having more exclusives than every console put together though. :^)
>>
>>320050150
you got MMOs and a few 1$ indies!!!!! don't be sad, frog!!!!!!!
>>
>>320052987
Gotta say, I fired up Dark Souls 1 on PC, looked at the controls section, and closed it. Even the menu instructions are 'Press A or B', even though there's no controller plugged in. Shame about that. Might give it another cracked with a controller plugged in.
>>
>>320050150
frog dumbposter
>>
>>320053232
You still get the option to play with whatever controller or kb+m combo you want though.
>>
File: 1450043874884.jpg (1 MB, 2024x3824) Image search: [Google]
1450043874884.jpg
1 MB, 2024x3824
>>320050150
But they have a bunch, though
>>
>>320050150
Every multiplat that ends up in PC might as well be exclusive, no point in playing those in any other platform
>>
File: image.png (595 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
595 KB, 750x1334
>>320050150
We know you're spamming the front page.
>>
>>320053425
Yeah, I know. The keyboard controls are weird as fuck, though.

Probs will give it a crack with a 360 controller and see how it goes. I bought it on a Steam sale last year and never played it. I got the Prepare to Die Edition. Any good?

ALSO, another point to the PC team:
> 2015
> no key mapping on the majority of console games
> only pre-set button layouts

The fucking worst.
>>
>>320054292
Annoying yes but at least there is X-Padder, Joy2Key and the like.
>>
>>320050351
>Better graphics, controls, animation, consumer accessibility and satisfaction, and technical quality aren't a big deal
This meme needs to end.
>>
>>320054850
yeah but those don't matter

I can't see a difference between 30fps and 60fps

60fps hurts my eyes anyways

pc gamers are elitist

muh exclusives
>>
>>320055128
If 60FPS hurts your eyes, why don't you just make the game look EVEN BETTER and run it at 30FPS then?

Also if you can't see a difference between 30 and 60, then you should legitimately get your eyes checked. I'm not even joking.
>>
>>320050150

The PC has more exclusives than all other console combined.
>>
http://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-mac-linux-society-1000004/big-pc-exclusives-of-2015-2016-2017-new-31154099/
There you go my friend
>inb4 goalposts
Look they're just exclusives you can say different from next year but every year you hype up these exclusives on consoles and they absolutely bomb why is next year any different. This is also not including games only releasing on one of the next-gen consoles which is quite numerous which is another reason why buying a pc in 2015 is worth it.
>>
>>320055128
>I can't see a difference between 30fps and 60fps
>60fps hurts my eyes anyways
>>
>>320055128
>60fps hurts my eyes anyways
You'd best steer clear of Nintendo then.
>>
I use a gaming PC because I just don't like using a controller for FPS.

Also I like using skype/discord to talk to my friends while playing games. I also can multitask with work and browsing other websites while playing games like Hearthstone or Duelyst or play some podcast while grinding on PoE.

I don't particularly care about exclusives or frame rate or shit.
>>
>>320056037
this, to be quite honest with you, family

i cant edit video or write my thesis on a ps4
>>
>>320053516
Consolefags are butthurt that 8th generation consoles have been the most irrelevant yet. There are far more PC exclusives, while consolefags enjoy their 1 overpriced game.
>>
File: 1436991372778.jpg (226 KB, 1593x1080) Image search: [Google]
1436991372778.jpg
226 KB, 1593x1080
Consoles didn't kill the gaming industry, that's a fallacy that disregards the very foundations console have built, the time it took to get there and the support it provides for AAA game development. In fact it's quite the opposite. If consoles suddenly stopped existing or if their exclusives went multiplat it would seem reasonable to think people would automatically migrate to PC but that's not the case and the results would be devastating. PC's market share wouldn't be able to grow fast enough, the market would become over saturated and many devs and quality IP's would simply vanish.

All PC gaming actually did was take a bite out of console market share and in return, flooded the gaming space with a plethora of second rate, low budget mobile tier games. It's very similar to the smartphone situation, everybody now has access to high end technology yet there is no infrastructure that supports proper game development nor do games take advantage of the hardware

The bottom line is good hardware doesn't buy good games and PC clowns need to realize this, if people didn't take on the massive consumer fad that is PC gaming, we would simply have a much bigger pool of games to select from today. The reality is most people who are going to be playing Fallout on PC don't have high end rigs and devs can't optimize the port for only those that do, these people would be the ones who are actually holding back PC gaming but it's bad and dishonest to think like that.

While game budgets rise steadily, consoles who hold market dominance will adapt to the change with hardware iterations towards the end of it's life cycle and it is this infrastructure of complimentary support that actually holds the gaming industry together and drives it forward while also ensuring developers remain profitable and continue to make the games we all know and love. PC will continue to contribute nothing and in return receives nothing.
>>
File: 1345227787465.png (253 KB, 484x991) Image search: [Google]
1345227787465.png
253 KB, 484x991
>i'm too poor to be an idort so i have to shitpost about console wars on /v/ all day
>>
>>320056303
>All PC gaming actually did was take a bite out of console market share and in return, flooded the gaming space with a plethora of second rate, low budget mobile tier games.

actually it wasnt pc that took a bite of the console market share and in return, flooded the gaming space with a plethora of second rate, low budget mobile tier games.

it was MOBILE gaming that that took a bite of the console market share and in return, flooded the gaming space with a plethora of second rate, low budget mobile tier games.
>>
>>320056607
this
>>
>>320056303
>introduce DLC as the scam we know nowadays
>introduce paid online
>le cloud meme
>hinder graphical advancements
>not the consoles fault
Also
>blaming PC for the smartphone game trend

Sorry senpai, consoles are cancer and everything that is wrong with this industry, simple as that.
>>
>>320056303
>PC will continue to contribute nothing and in return receives nothing.
I wish this was what it's actually happen.
Seeing Steam full of weebshit and trash like MGSV just gives me cancer.
>>
Will PC and console elitists ever work together to shit on the mobile gamers that taught companies the best way to make money was to give people the game for free, but then make them pay if they didn't want to wait 48 hours for a building?

Seriously, once games like Clash of Clans and Candy Crush Saga started going nuts with cash (hell, even things like Farmville), big-name companies and games started copying their business model on PC and console games. It made perfect business sense.
>>
>>320054187
And there's not a damn thing you can do about it.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.