[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Post games that will be considered revolutionary cult classics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
File: Until_Dawn_cover_art.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Until_Dawn_cover_art.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
ITT: Post games that will be considered revolutionary cult classics 20 years from now

I'll start, pic related
>>
>>320027067
You made me mad
>>
"What if telltale had even less choice?"
>>
I absolutely hate it, but most of David Cage's game will probably be fondly remembered by this generation.
>>
>>
File: Mirror's_Edge.jpg (30 KB, 320x400) Image search: [Google]
Mirror's_Edge.jpg
30 KB, 320x400
>>
>>
File: Catherine_Cover_Art.png (136 KB, 250x262) Image search: [Google]
Catherine_Cover_Art.png
136 KB, 250x262
>>
>>320027316
it's funny because the choices in this game make an actual difference, unlike telltale games
>>
>>320027903
Play TWAU
>>
>>320028153
I did, still makes no difference beyond superficial
>>
>>320027521
>>320027634
>>320027681
>>320027789
Literally all already seen as cult classics.
>>
>>320027903
Keep telling yourself that faggot
>>
File: just-cause-3.jpg (371 KB, 1051x1500) Image search: [Google]
just-cause-3.jpg
371 KB, 1051x1500
Right now it's a meme game being ruined by YouTube/Twitch steamer culture, but in a few years when every game is trying its hardest to be serious and mature and cinematic this game will be looked at as the last dying breath of truly fun video games.

This is going to be the last game for a long time that just wants you to enjoy yourself playing it. Maybe Crackdown 3 but I doubt it.
>>
File: Shit.jpg (28 KB, 567x145) Image search: [Google]
Shit.jpg
28 KB, 567x145
>>320028639
>tell tale games
>Choices don't matter, you will end up in the same location, all you can do is decide the fate of one character that isn't important to the story or change it in any noticeable way.

>Until Dawn
>If you don't make the right choice at any given time it can mean someone straight up dies, if someone dies that can lead to someone else dying.
>Everyone can die, everyone can live based on what you do.
>The story ends and reflects on who lived/died.
But okay, keep telling yourself, your shitty telltale games aren't complete shit visual novels.

Also I've never played Until Dawn, because I'm not a sonygger. But it's pretty simple to google flow charts for how the game handles differences in the story and check youtube videos on playthroughs. Is it great? Not really, but it's not nearly as bad as these pieces of shit I got on sale and still regret paying for.
>>
File: cyberpunk.jpg (323 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk.jpg
323 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>320027067
I don't know about revolutionary but it'll definitely be well regarded. It's a great game and by far the best cinematic/movie/whatever game out there. Telltale and David Cage games don't come close.
>>
>>320030134
Lol I'm not even the telltale fag, I think those games are even worse than until dawn, but you've fooled yourself into thinking that very specific moments in which a character can die and have fallout 4 tier difference in story is some massive change in the story
>>
>>320027067
Good game/movie, although I wouldn't consider it revolutionary.
>>
>>320030134
I've played the game twice and replayed some chapters
>usually the big consequences are individual choices put on a metaphoric scale (in some strings of quicktime events it doesnt matter which you fuck up as long as you don't fuck up 2-3 of them or any specific ones)
>Sam CANNOT die until the final chapter
>other choices are only there to influence character relationships, and they wouldn't matter unless more choices are made to influence them for that one scene where the game plays its alternate scene (i.e.: Emily hanging off the watch tower and Matt talking to her to calm her down is the only time their relationship with each other matters, and only 4 times you can affect their relationship meter until that point and they are separated for the rest of the game.)
I don't know if the perfect story game with real choices and plays like Heavy Rain or Until Dawn can be made, because that would be a lot of scenes and dialogue for them to do and that's $. But I still enjoyed Until Dawn.
>>
>>320027067
UNDERTALE
>>
Tumblrtale
>>
Rayman Origins
>>
>>320032056
>>320032134
Undertale will be forgotten in a year, let alone 20.
>>
>>320032587
What is: Cult Classic
>>
>>320033021
The classic part implies the game is good. Undertale is not.
>>
>>320035037
No, it really doesn't. Psychonauts is not a good game. Event Horizon is not a good movie.

Yet both are "cult classics".
>>
>>320035096
>Event Horizon is not a good movie.
Delete your post.
>>
>>320027067
>walking simulators
>revolutionary
>cult
>>
>>320035096
>Event Horizon is not a good movie.

Taste this shit, should be a bannable offense.
>>
>>320035269
Watch it again. The acting is laughable at best, the CGI is garbage, it doesn't really become a horror movie until after the first boring hour, and all of the good body horror scenes were cut from the final release version.

It's not a good movie. But it's still a cult classic.
>>
>>320035603
You're doing it again. Event Horizon is a good movie.
>>
>>320035603
what the fuck am I reading
>>
>>320035269
>>320035571
>>320035740
>>320035891
So I take it it's worth watching? I always wanted to see it but never got around to it. I guess I have no excuse now.
>>
>>320036337
If you like the concept it will just make you wonder why there arent enough horror space movies
>>
Undertale
>>
>>320036581
Memes aside, Undertale wasn't as good as I expected it to be. The choices you make don't actually matter outside of the broad storylines, and the "influence across multiple playthroughs" thing was actually just bullshit. The game got sort of interesting towards the endings, but overall it's the definition of a tumblr game.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.